Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ShroudedRecluse

Shrouded Recluse's Map with accurate coords

am posting a link to my dropbox file for the map

EA map may have some changes - i don't know which ports will remain free,deep,shallow etc 

this map is to help us get going with EA - i will work to get any new info updated swiftly

https://www.dropbox....mmap01.jpg?dl=0

good luck with the release everybody, players and devs alike

p.s. it's a large file 18500px by 13600px

for those that use photoshop or gimp it is easy to create another layer and superimpose a compass rose on it - move it on this map to your location and easily see which wayb to sail

there is also a list of every port and its coords on the right hand border

sample image - please note this image is only at 50% zoom of the actual map:

4ef9bf3860.jpg

Edited by ShroudedRecluse
  • Like 32

Good job, it's very simmilar to mine. Each time I remember how many hour I threw doing the mine...

yes - lot of hours invested - i sailed to every port on the map and docked at the end of the jetty to personally ensure the coords were correct - hopefully i didn't make any typos

• Like 1

yes - lot of hours invested - i sailed to every port on the map and docked at the end of the jetty to personally ensure the coords were correct - hopefully i didn't make any typos

I know your pain, I know...

You can use my map for completing yours if you want. For don't work twice. But if your map is a sort of personal defiance, I encourage you. I took two or tree months finish the mine many hours at day.

I know your pain, I know...

You can use my map for completing yours if you want. For don't work twice. But if your map is a sort of personal defiance, I encourage you. I took two or tree months finish the mine many hours at day.

i appreciate that - and likewise use mine if it can help with yours - it's not a competition, it's contributing a resource to the community

I have been using your map to help with navigation. I couldn't figure out how to do the compass rose overlay, but Gimp does have an angle and distance tool which shows me the angle of my travel. I use the tool to draw a line between my starting point and destination and it gives me the angle, which I can then use with my in-game compass. Vey useful and accurate for long distance travel.

hi..

looks interesting! but the link seems to be broken for me atm.please check it

cheers

it is working -somebody just emailed ,me that it's fine

might be browser, firewall software etc on your end?

You have to click the download button on the upper right.  I think it's too big to preview in the linked page.

BTW, I added a page with everyone's maps to OlavDeng's wiki.

Edited by M.Cmdt. ObiQuiet

it is working -somebody just emailed ,me that it's fine

might be browser, firewall software etc on your end?

You're right..was a problem with the stonage-pc at my working place ;)

Thx

I downloaded this yesterday morning and find it to be beautiful, comprehensive and incredibly useful. I keep it open, scrolled and zoomed in to the particular area I'm operating in on the monitor next to my gaming monitor, so instead of having to risk sailing "blind" for a short while whilst you look at your map, I can just glance across.

Thank you very much for sharing.

This is great. Looks pretty accurate from the little that I know. Thanks for sharing this with us.

EDIT: This DEFINITELY should be pinned in the map section.

58XPQL8.jpg

Edited by Macjimm

The map is just fantastic. I'm thinking about to let it to print on canvas for my wall in computer room. What do you think ist the optimal lenght and width for it ? In mm or cm.

Greetings

Jack

The map is just fantastic. I'm thinking about to let it to print on canvas for my wall in computer room. What do you think ist the optimal lenght and width for it ? In mm or cm.

Greetings

Jack

heh -somebody sent me a pic of a 5x3 foot print out - guitar gives an idea of scale 

5ed9b48c23.jpg

• Like 3