Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

I've had contracts set for trade goods in Tordo since the update a week ago. Not a single trade good has made it into the shop at this port. It's at least believable that my teak contract in Grand Turk is not filling due to AI traders carrying teak not reaching the port, however no one hunts traders in the Gulf, they should be reaching Tordo. So what's the issue, is Tordo not a trading port anymore? Maybe a short summary on how the economy/trading is supposed to work now would help.

20181108132202_1.thumb.jpg.693dfce6ef67e0525dac15d59a1e6b2e.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, staun said:

Looks like I aswell might forget the traders and only look for Lgvs if I want to farm a bit doublons to buy upgrades

It is very worrying that this game has degenerated into the yawnfest of farming helpless AI trade ships.  It was already bad enough that curbstomping hapless and inexplicably undefended trade ships was by far the easiest source of XP and wealth, but now they're also apparently going to be the primary source of "doubloons" which are required in the tens of thousands to buy all the advanced content in the game, as well as probably the primary source of ship crafting materials. 

Dear @admin, as I write it in other post:

talking in historical values, in a first age a doubloon was equal to 32 reals (4 reals of eight). But then were added other two type of doubloons:

-doubloon of four, equal to 64 reals (8 reals of eight)

-doubloon of eight, equal to 128 reals (16 reals of eight)

The information is correct and is a good reference (for sure in the middle of the 19th century it changed). Instead of stabilize at the levels of 10 reals (of eight) to doubloon, my suggestion is to use one of this two options.

Thanks you.

1 hour ago, SirAlatriste said:

doubloon of eight, equal to 128 reals (16 reals of eight)

Agree 

it is a good way to convert the prices, and historical, as the Maravedis was very common around Caribe in that era.

Edited by La bouche
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 6:47 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

not true as @Christendom posted some results of hitting ships the other day and they had very few doubloon drops and he's pirate.  Pretty much the same or lack of results I got as a US player.  It's just flat out RNG and luck.

@Christendom mentioned they were hitting mission bots

He probably forgot that mission bots have bad loot tables for the last 12-18 months or even more. i dont even remember when it was introduced - but it was in the patchnotes. Hitting mission bots for loot is no better than fishing in capital waters. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, admin said:

He probably forgot that mission bots have bad loot tables for the last 12-18 months or even more. i dont even remember when it was introduced - but it was in the patchnotes. Hitting mission bots for loot is no better than fishing in capital waters. 

When I did the circle around Bahamas and killed about 20 ships a small amount of them was mission ships (the kill a 6th rate to get the missions box), but the rest was trade ships and OW ships.  SO I id throw in a mix there.  OH speaking of missions ships, why do I still get freaking basic mods when fighting a 1st rate.  Basic mods should be for 5th rate and below loot tables only.

I'm working all weekend so won't have a lot of time to play, but I'll try it again with both the H Rattler I'm trying to open on one char an the Christain (he is my only none RA char as he's Commaor an half way to RA.).   Maybe RNG just hates  me is all, it' s not like I have every had any goo luck with loot drops.

I still think more mos an stuff should be in the Admiralty store than making it just pure loot drop chance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

When I did the circle around Bahamas

Any nation around the Bahamas has an advantage, where there is alot of low rated NPCs, they can sail directly into, where else every other nation has to sail through a nation.

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

Farming and gathering is an important aspect to any MMO economy. Even with the problems and the eventual tweaking needed, the changes are a major step forward as they intersect with the one thing the game must have to support Both PvE and PvPers; people in ships sailing, and sailing outside of safe zones for better rewards.

Be careful what you ask for in scrapping the new systems before you grasp what they are intended to accomplish. 

"Farming and gathering" is not why we're here.  If the game does not deliver "naval action", but instead requires us to spend most of our time doing unrewarding "coast guard interdiction" the population is going to decline even faster than it already was. 

3 hours ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Any nation around the Bahamas has an advantage, where there is alot of low rated NPCs, they can sail directly into, where else every other nation has to sail through a nation.

That is what is good about it, as long as you have several nations in the area it's a nice melting pot for lower level and casuals to play in and not worry about great lost.  Specially now that the Requins are out of the PB's it is more balance for those players.  I have always enjoyed the bath tub toys a bit more than the big ships myself as it's more a fast paced style of game play.

2 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

"Farming and gathering" is not why we're here.  If the game does not deliver "naval action", but instead requires us to spend most of our time doing unrewarding "coast guard interdiction" the population is going to decline even faster than it already was. 

May not be why you are here, but many folks come to this game to play diffrent aspect of it or they need to stop calling it a Sandbox.  Just cause some one else wants to farm and gather doesn't mean you should keep that from you.  Just like you shouldn't be forced to do that and your not.  You can get along in game just fine without doing any econ, trade or crafting.  Well might take you a bit as you will have to depend on others to do it for you, but no one is forceing you to do those things.  Just like no one should force PvP upon the players that want to do those things.  And saying go to PvE server if you want to do that....that than forces them to play only one part of the game.  I'm here to play all parts of the game I paid for.  PvP, PvE, Trade, Crafting, RvR etc......

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

The whole point is that the game shouldn't require you to do anything you don't want to do. You don't want to gather and get rewards that way, fine, go do some PvP and pay the gatherers to do it for you.  This is MMO 101.

Exactly no one is or should be force to do something they don't want to, that is why I hate it when folks say, "IF you just want to PvE than go to the PvE server."  I'm sorry there is more to this game than just PvP.  RvR actually needs crafters and traders and support players if they can't see that than they are blinded by one play style.  No one is telling them they have to only PvE, but if some one wants to grind AI when they aren't PvP or doing RvR they should be able to in peace without worried if some one going to jump there missions.  Specially if they are in the fake "SAFE GANK ZONES"  as @admin once called them.   They shouldn't be forced to PvP just cause the gankers can't grow balls and go do stuff to actually get good PvP fights with each other.  I said it over and over you want a good fight go put a little hostility on Nassua, Little Harbour, Estros, Cart, San Domingo or any of the ports that are making big time money and I promise you will get fights.  They might not be one sided easy fights but you will get them.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, admin said:

I have been doing traders because you said they would give lots and lots doublens. I have not from the start written Down what they give, But done so on the last 15 .

6 LGV, 2 had a total of1350 doublons 

9 traders 1 had a total of 450 doublons.

Some of the tradeshipd have had some nice Woods though. Most of the ships are capoed outside Capitol and reinforcement zone. I read a statement where you think traders dropped to many doublons. I know to take one player and a sample of 15 ships, is very little to make an analysis on. But is this equal to the overall pattern you.

I know you say doublons is easy to get, maybe it just is me that haven’t found the way.  But now it seams to me like lot of AI grinding if I want to craft a ship bigger than a 5 rate. 

Edited by staun

11 minutes ago, staun said:

I have been doing Ai’s because you said they would give lots and lots doublens. I have not from the start written Down what they give, But done so on the last 15 .

6 LGV, 2 had a total of1350 doublons 

9 traders 1 had a total of 450 doublons.

Some of the tradeshipd have had some nice Woods though. Most of the ships are capoed outside Capitol and reinforcement zone. I read a statement where you think traders dropped to many doublons. I know to take one player and a sample of 15 ships, is very little to make an analysis on. But is this equal to the overall pattern you.

I know you say doublons is easy to get, maybe it just is me that haven’t found the way.  But now it seams to me like lot of AI grinding if I want to craft a ship bigger than a 5 rate. 

Doing some decent damage to about 15 5th rates in the patrol zone should net you 10k doubloons, everyday. If you sink them and heavily damage their sails/crew it's probably closer to 10 5th rates maybe. 

Edited by Draymoor

2 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

Doing some decent damage to about 15 5th rates in the patrol zone should net you 10k doubloons, everyday. If you sink them and heavily damage their sails/crew it's probably closer to 10 5th rates maybe. 

I haven’t been to a patrolezone since the patch. But before you couldn’t find either players ore Ai. So to kill 15 would be a days work. Think we would have problems bringing enough repairs to. Kill 15 5 rates seams a bit theoretical to me. But again I haven tried.

5 minutes ago, staun said:

I haven’t been to a patrolezone since the patch. But before you couldn’t find either players ore Ai. So to kill 15 would be a days work. Think we would have problems bringing enough repairs to. Kill 15 5 rates seams a bit theoretical to me. But again I haven tried.

It's just some speculation on my part. I went there alone and even though I got almost immediately ganked by 6 danes I did enough damage in one battle to get 400 doubloons. Done better I think it's doable to at least get to the mid tier rewards. Granted you do have to go during higher server activity times to find more players there. 

Edited by Draymoor

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That is what is good about it, as long as you have several nations in the area it's a nice melting pot for lower level and casuals to play in and not worry about great lost.

Development team don’t need to create just one “melting pot”, the Bahamas, PvP could support so many more, more NPCs zones/hot spots, congested conflict.

Game battle instance is one of the best, it should draw the numbers.

and realm too..

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Draymoor said:

It's just some speculation on my part. I went there alone and even though I got almost immediately ganked by 6 danes I did enough damage in one battle to get 400 doubloons. Done better I think it's doable to at least get to the mid tier rewards. Granted you do have to go during higher serves activity times to find more players there. 

I am mostly on EU time, dosent get higher i think. For me it looks like a lot of grinding. I was more corious abouth what @admin think is plenty drops of doublons. I am allright is they would turn it hardcore to take part in RvR, witch in some kind is the endgame for NA. Just to much grind for me personally. So for now I just take my Herc out for s trader kill and from time to time take a 5 rate out for a hunt.

So, assuming that what we have is

1) higher cost for harvesting basic resources

2) higher cost for crafting upgrades and ships

3) more difficult in trade careers (due to random spawn of national goods, 2x earnings instead of 3x for selling national goods, higher costs to replace losses)

4) less IA ships around to chase NPCs in order to get currency through combat.

5) more difficult mission system in order to get good currency through combat

6) more time sinks and more money sinks

The reasonable outcome will be stagflation (that means: an increase of the prices of ships/modules/cannons but with a lot of players not having enough resources to afford it).

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, victor said:

So, assuming that what we have is

1) higher cost for harvesting basic resources

2) higher cost for crafting upgrades and ships

3) more difficult in trade careers (due to random spawn of national goods, 2x earnings instead of 3x for selling national goods, higher costs to replace losses)

4) less IA ships around to chase NPCs in order to get currency through combat.

5) more difficult mission system in order to get good currency through combat

6) more time sinks and more money sinks

The reasonable outcome will be stagflation (that means: an increase of the prices of ships/modules/cannons but with a lot of players not having enough resources to afford it).

Agreed!

All geared to sell the hell out of Doubloon DLC packs!

• Like 2

Yep, it's boring to craft anything now. For people that just want to craft ships and don't care about it being interesting in any way, it's good. For people that enjoyed crafting, it's terrible. I miss it, it felt like a proper part of the game that added some feel of realism and immersion to the game world. 

• Like 1