Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Well, I haven't heard a single word from Dev team on contract changes. Nothing in eco patch mentioned, nothing in 100 feedback/suggestion topics about contracts. We know what we read. If there are no comments, it seems ignored and we predict that nothing will change. Just like nothing was commented about Patrol Zone RoE and entire community is wondering why and as you say: "expect the worst". 

Some changes wont be announced until they are in game.

1 minute ago, admin said:

Actually you are incorrect. Captains rarely sank with ships or swam and were mostly captured or died. 
Realism would be deleting the account on death or forcing you to sit in jail for 3-5 real days (taking into account short day night cycle)

Nice, thats even better :D

Just now, admin said:

swam and were mostly captured or died. 

Some poor privateers, I think was 2 of them ( unsure if from a yank or canadian vessel during the war of 1812 ), were knacked by aligators while swimming ashore, after their ship had a catastrophic accident involving gunpowder.

( sorry for off topic )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

new and casual players and it's these players we need in the game. 😖

New players will consider the cost for transport a normal just like they accepted the cost of crew (there were a LOT OF negativity from some veterans when ports started to charge for crew)

I don't have any issue with charging to teleport to outposts; It does seem like a weird thing to focus on.

I do however want to prevent adding additional bloat, time and clicks and confirmation windows for everything; including these new teleportation costs. In addition, it would be nice to streamline a lot of the already existing tedious clicking back and forth that's necessary now, or tedious calculating of sub components, sliders, hold capacity, etc. This whole area needs streamlined and simplified, so that whether you hunt, craft or trader, you can get to it faster and easier without fighting the UI and menu's to do it.

• Like 5

Not too much of a change honestly as long as we dont go back to no TP at all.

But please stop the 1 gold contract outbidding by forcing players to pay at least 5% (random number) more as the last guy. Trading doesnt feel like trading, its just sitting in a port and outbidding the other guy for 1gold until he loses interest

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

Not too much of a change honestly as long as we dont go back to no TP at all.

But please stop the 1 gold contract outbidding by forcing players to pay at least 5% (random number) more as the last guy.

Why?  That will just inflate the cost.  They'll still out bid.  Make a queue for bidding so that you cant outbid.  Timer on your bids as well.

Just now, Oberon74 said:

Why?  That will just inflate the cost.  They'll still out bid.

You mean so the guy who pays the most actually gets it? Great!

Just now, Oberon74 said:

Make a queue for bidding so that you cant outbid.  Timer on your bids as well.

Care to explain, not sure what you mean here

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

You mean so the guy who pays the most actually gets it? Great!

Care to explain, not sure what you mean here

You cannot outbid another player.  You can only put a bid in at the same cost and then you are in a queue with anyone else who has also put in a bid.  You may only place a bid every 24 hours.  This way, everybody has a shot at these resources as opposed to a few rich players and their multiple alts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Is inflating the price a bad thing? The higher price, the more player will think if it's worth to bid or not... Cooldown is a bad idea in my opinion. If price will go from 5k to 50k for something, I guarantee everyone will think twice before next outbid. 

There are a few players to whom money is no object and they will bid any price to get their mats.  And they will instantly put in a new bid when they claim their old one.  Players with less money have a much harder time and the fees for redoing a bid can start to hurt

1 minute ago, Oberon74 said:

There are a few players to whom money is no object and they will bid any price to get their mats.  And they will instantly put in a new bid when they claim their old one.  Players with less money have a much harder time and the fees for redoing a bid can start to hurt

Imo the guy who wants to pay the most should get the ressource, not the lucky dude who randomly outbid you by 1 gold at the right time in an endless bidding war.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

That's the definition of "exclusive" resources. Right now even if you put a bidding cooldown 1h or 24h or whatever, getting outbid by 1 gold will piss you off even more, I will ask friends to bid for me or use alts, cooldown makes no sense. +1 gold bids make no sense. It only creates toxic reactions, dramas, annoyance. Show me a bidding auction for a painting worth 50.000 $ where someone tries to outbid another person by 1$ and pay 50.001 $ (talking about real life auction, not intenet ones like ebay where last second +1 cent outbids happen).

or like in Texas Holdem where if you want to raise, you have to raise by at least the amount the last raise or the big blind for that round. I dont see why players dont want it to be implemented, gold(doubloons) would actually mean something.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, admin said:

Well here is the story

• Naval Action was planned as a somewhat hard and somewhat old school (no jumping around with fast travel).
  •  

If you cant find such promise can you explain - Why should ports transport you for free? Great money sink, good limiter for contract wars, fast travel is extremely useful feature, money are not hard to make. What is the reason for your response? Greed? For in game money?
In the Soviet Union at the height of communism bus tickets were costing 5 kopecks and airplane tickets were costing 5-15 roubles. But this is America/Caribbean/South America/Mexico. 

Games change and evolve and that is good, but this game will never make it as a true hard core game, you see it every time ya'll go that route you loose a very large player base numbers and they don't come back.   

Do you even play your game?  I mean in a nation that gets new players and have a bunch of casual players?  I don't think any of ya'll do and that is why your so out of touch with the majority of the players.  You don't want to know how many times we tried to do AI missions or even Hostility in US nation to have some one show up say they don't have repairs or ran out and than say they are broke.  Not every one has billions of gold.  Hell I prob got about 20 million between my 5 chars (though I prob got 10 that in resources).   Not every one does the trade runs, not every one is on half the dang day playing.  You can't keep listening to only the Vets, elite, hard core guys and keep a game a live.  

You add more burden on those causal players we will lose more of them.  They are the sheep the hunters hunt (cause we know most of them refuse to hunt each other).  If you loose sheeps you loose hunters and you have a dead game.

1 hour ago, admin said:

We learn to pick a position and stick to it during this insightful and useful early access. Wiggling makes things worse. 
F11 coords are for QA purposes and might get removed by release of the game. Just like the TP with hold (might not survive). We almost cleared the places where players can get stuck. (TP on ow is unstuck command)

It honestly should be removed, but cords should be returnd on the map (not accurate but still there) along with grids.  I should be able to tell some one to meet me a this long/lat.  It's up to them to figure out where that is and get there.  We don't have these tools in game and they should be there cause even during the time of the game is based on they had means to chart there cords and know roughly there locations.

F11 is mostlly used with third party software any way so why not have something in game that is more real and remove that from the game.  That way all chars have a fair chance to get lost or kinda find there way around the in game map.  You removed the cords cause of a few hardcore guys, how many of those guys are still playing?  I bet a lot of hard core moves that was made cause of a group of players most of those players aren't playing any more.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Alts camping ports for bidding one resource will get even more advantage over casual players. Same with less "programmer name outposts", alts will become even more superior with advantage. Stop making alts more important and superior.

Many of us have suggested a fix to contract and alts with clan owned ports.  Give us power over contracts with a trade optoin to limit all, nation, friendly clans.   Though it seems @admin and the Devs ignore these actuall usefull suggestions we make and than go and do somethign completely off the wall that no one openly suggested....like charge for port teleportation.

1 hour ago, admin said:

No..  How do you know how much low rank players will pay? Do you know how many times casual low rank players teleport per day?  You dont even know prices and design and are already hating, in advance. 

How do you, have you played US, French or GB where the majority of the casual new players join?   I deal with these players very day in my clan and in the nations.  I know many of them haven't even unlocked all there out post cause of cost,  and now your going to tell them the few ports they have your going to charge to move to and from?  We are hatting cause we actually play with these folks that you have no since of reality of how to keep them in game playing.  For a game that has 50% north american sales you think there would be way more NA players in this game.  I wonder why you have such a bad turn around rate of the majority of the sales of your game?  Have you polled and tried to find out why that is?  I know I have never been asked and I'm prob the most active NA player on the forums (yes I know I"m a forum whore).    The same goes with all these casuals that don't get on the forums.  Have you asked them there thoughts about things like this or even bigger there none safe zones around capitals that are nothing but seal clubbing and ganks zones?  Here is something do an in game poll of some of these things and see what the majority of all the players think about it.  Casual, vets, what not.  Don't do it here cause you get the same folks and half them don't play the game.

I some times wonder what ever happen to that Customer Rep concept they came up with at the start of the year to get proper feed back from the players?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

It really makes no difference for me if this will cost 1 gold, 1000 gold or 100k gold. In my eyes that's a meaningless mechanic that could hurt only new players (or hurt no one, so useless mechanic)

Contract wars with use of alts will become even greater. Nothing will change in topic of contracts Player vs ALT. 

You mean the new players that most likely don't own the DLC care that you have 20 million or 20,025,000? I am sure they are devastated and most likely have asked for a refund. You can sell AI cars in GTA online for 10000k every 48 min. If that is so gamebreaking to the gta economy how come rockstar is so rich from selling sharkcards? 

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

1 You add more burden on those causal players we will lose more of them.  They are the sheep the hunters hunt (cause we know most of them refuse to hunt each other).  If you loose sheeps you loose hunters and you have a dead game.

2 Many of us have suggested a fix to contract and alts with clan owned ports.  Give us power over contracts with a trade optoin to limit all, nation, friendly clans.   Though it seems @admin and the Devs ignore these actuall usefull suggestions we make and than go and do somethign completely off the wall that no one openly suggested....like charge for port teleportation.

3 I some times wonder what ever happen to that Customer Rep concept they came up with at the start of the year to get proper feed back from the players?  

• 1 - No. its not a burden on new players as prices will scale, and data shows that casual players do not fast travel much. But even if it is a burden. Do you remember the price of upgrading fast flying travel in casual WOW? 5000 gold base price 4000 with exalted reputation? (basic flying was very expensive too during and depended on level) around 250 gold to unlock. You just dont like the cost for fast travel, and it is YOUR respected opinion.
  • 2 - Contracts fix will take a long time and will detract from development of key priorities. You don't understand this maybe but its ok. The main reason for this different view is that you think contracts are more important because you are ok with user interface.
    • Prices and/or cooldowns for travel are already in the game for quite a while. Cooldowns were even on public on release. They dont require work.
  • 3 - same priority issue here. Customer reps are not needed at this stage because everyone knows what needs to be done first. Everyone knows user interface and localization is N1 priority for getting new players and enabling marketing. Their (CR) work will be wasted until localization is deployed. After that we will start inviting them. 

Anyways
We have seen such reactions before with crew costs. Nothing new. You hire crew after every battle. Some time ago you did not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

TP was set as free only for testing purposes. Passenger transport (imaginary fast travel using liners or balloons) will cost coins in the future.

If the cost is low, it will have negligible effect as a money sink or deterrent. If it is high, it will exacerbate the problems we have due to low population. Please wait until such a “toll” or transport fare is needed because high pop require some traffic control. Also consider having the incoming port or owning clan to receive 100% of such revenue.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Farrago said:

If the cost is low, it will have negligible effect as a money sink or deterrent. If it is high, it will exacerbate the problems we have due to low population. Please wait until such a “toll” or transport fare is needed because high pop require some traffic control. Also consider having the incoming port or owning clan to receive 100% of such revenue.

Low population numbers at sea are accentuated by a number of outposts and teleports. So called happier times of 2016 with lots of players at sea were when there was a long cooldown on fast travel.

• Like 4

Funny how people always know everything about something, thats not even in game.

Instead of discussing 20 different possibilities, just wait until it gets implemented and discuss the few problems then (if some occur).

Everyone said aswell, that RVR will die with the 500k-Defensetimer, but right now RVR is pretty active with exactly those costs.

@admin will those TP-costs influence the tax rate of a port?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abram Svensson said:

Funny how people always know everything about something, thats not even in game.

Instead of discussing 20 different possibilities, just wait until it gets implemented and discuss the few problems then (if some occur).

Everyone said aswell, that RVR will die with the 500k-Defensetimer, but right now RVR is pretty active with exactly those costs.

@admin will those TP-costs influence the tax rate of a port?

i hope :)