Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

In the words of Don Trump Jr:

"I love it!"

---

This looks great as a plan. There are many good ideas here. I hope that you manage to bring them all to fruition. I especially like the focus on bringing more content regardless that it is PvE-content. I think @Christendom will approve of that too.

Content is king

2 hours ago, admin said:

Hello captains. Here is a small update on the development plans for the next 6 months. 
Dates are not final and might move around

August:

While we are are still working on the UI patch - we will deliver 1-2 balancing patches in august based on feedback on ship combat performance, (especially performance of the imported vessels vs alternatives)

• Ship rebalance (specifically focused on the underperforming ship)
  • We might also add a new vessel in August.

First I would like to say thank you @admin this pretty much what my Monday post for the past couple of months been about is asking for an update on how things are going. I would suggest maybe doing an update to the info every month just to keep us informed.  No exact ETA's just a draft of things going on and plans if things go right. I can handle waiting just another month if you just inform us it's taking longer than expected, but hay we are working on these other things too like you just did with this post.  It might of keep more players around the last month or so as I know a lot of folks got tired of waiting on this big patch and just stopped playing cause they expected it to drop a month or so ago.

If we are going to be looking at some ship balance can we please take a look at the first rates so that the L'Ocean isn't the only one being brought most the time.  As Pit mentions put the proper carros on the Victory.  Lock the L'Ocean to only the 36 lbrs (no 42 lbrs allowed), than look at the 2nd rate and give the Pavel some love once more so more folks will use 2nd rates too.  They should be the poor man's 1st rates and used more than 1st rates but right now they just can't hang in fights.

Another thing why is the question about paints always avoided?  I know ya'll had plans to do something like ship knowledge but that would mean ship wipes.  We know paints are still in game cause we have them on two ships (Bellona white and the Endy winter one).  Why can't we have them in loot tables or even Admiralty shop until the changes come since they will be wiped any way.  These ships right now are so bland I would love to bring out some of them with the old paint just for fun and so I"m not looking like every one else.   Please think about bringing them back even if it's until the UI patch and you might need to wipe them.  Hell I personally think you should just do a good wipe than, call it BETA and move to the next chapter of the game.        

We all been waiting so long for this patch it would be nice to get something as a thank you for the time.....PAINTCHEST FOR ALL would be a nice thank you;)

58 minutes ago, pit said:

Victory finally getting 68lb carros on weather deck?🤓

and I can only pray for DD to be linked to boarding prep...

Also along with these two and what I said up there about the L'Ocean only getting the 36 pnds cannons.   I would love to see repairs only able to be used while in battle sails or slower.  This repairing while going full sails is just stupid.  

22 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

ALL decks! :D 

It would tear the ship apart firing all decks on both sides simultaneously I would imagine

It's only the very top deck so like 7 of them per side so it's not a lot of cannons, but would give it something different from the other first rates.

12 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Or it could be also the Diana. 

Personally I prefer a new sol.

Has there even been a screen shot of the Diana?   Oh and guess we won't see Duels until next month. I'm going retire #SOON now.

#TILLSEPTEMBERGETSHERE

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Can you please elaborate?

@admin

In two and a half years I'ver never heard or seen anybody using the term "frontlines", so I would like to know as well.

But I think it's simply that you can't attack distant ports out of nowhere anymore, but have to work your way along the coast. So for example (hopefully) nor more parking of your rvr fleet in Free Towns anymore to attack out of nowhere.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Batman said:

In two and a half years I'ver never heard or seen anybody using the term "frontlines", so I would like to know as well.

conquest flag was active only for 1 hour. So you could not just take it and sail to another part of the map to capture the city. 
Hostility mission design can be changed so they only are provided on nearest ports - forcing nations to actually maintain and defend frontlines/bases. 

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, admin said:

conquest flag was active only for 1 hour. So you could not just take it and sail to another part of the map to capture the city. 
Hostility mission design can be changed so they only are provided on nearest ports - forcing nations to actually maintain and defend frontlines/bases. 

Does that mean.. nation x can only fight the nations at their borders? Maybe that will reduce the amount of PBs but i like the idea of a frontline. That would bring a tactical component.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Does that mean.. nation x can only fight the nations at their borders? Maybe that will reduce the amount of PBs but i like the idea of a frontline. That would bring a tactical component.

To me it sounds like when leaving from Great Corn, you can either attack San Andres (Providencia) or Bluefields/Haulover - don't know which one is nearer - (South Mosquito).

From there, you have to work your way along the coast: San Andres -> Old Providence -> Serrana or Haulover -> Great River -> Prinzapolka ect.

Of course if you wanted to attack the Polish instead, the nearest port from Greact Corn would be Concepcion I think?

Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

Can't remember being possible to acquire the flag in a free town during the 1 hour clock. Isn't Corn a free town ?

1 hour flag operations i remember and was part of was from orchila to aves and coqui to les cayes or somewhere there. And navigation had to be on spot. ( no modules, copper plating wasn't a thing even iirc )

3 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Can't remember being possible to acquire the flag in a free town during the 1 hour clock. Isn't Corn a free town ?

1 hour flag operations i remember and was part of was from orchila to aves and coqui to les cayes or somewhere there. And navigation had to be on spot. ( no modules, copper plating wasn't a thing even iirc )

No you can't get them in freetowns has to be owned port.  We got pretty crafty with how we got them from one side of the map to another back on Global.  We knew just how far we could stretch it and get a flag planted and not run out of time.....the fun part was getting there lol

5 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

? Is the update deployed already... whaaaaaa... !?

Client2018-08-1716-37-33-291.jpg

Of course in the future free Towns might get excluded from rvr or tow-ability again, but if not I guess you will simply be limited to pick hostility missions for nearest-other-nation-ports

13 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Can there really be less action in the open seas?

Excluding rienforcement zones ofc.

I would bet 20% online are alts atm lol.

Yeah,.. sad to see this turning into a naval action legend + empty ocean.:P. People won't waste time there anymore, they will log on and if want to fight will use duel room.

And I think it will be bad. Maybe the final nail to the coffin in regards to hunting. 

RvR and duels for pvp. 

Edited by Po Tsai

14 minutes ago, Elric said:

When are changes to the boarding mini-game going to occur?

Admin has stated that the boarding game will be addressed after 'localization' is completed. They did say, however, that it would be high on the priority list of things to address after the completion of localization.

13 minutes ago, Po Tsai said:

Yeah,.. sad to see this turning into a naval action legend + empty ocean.:P. People won't waste time there anymore, they will log on and if want to fight will use duel room.

And I think it will be bad. Maybe the final nail to the coffin in regards to hunting. 

RvR and duels for pvp. 

Duels will be like the “fleet missions”...  Popular for a few weeks and then people will largely not use them except for an odd few.  

IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elric said:

I welcome the patch.

When are changes to the boarding mini-game going to occur?  This upgrade has been mentioned in the past - but never seems to make it onto a committed list?

Last I heard some time after localization but most likely after release of the game they will work on it, prob about the same time frame they might actually do something about pirates.

1 hour ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

? Is the update deployed already... whaaaaaa... !?

#WHENSEPTEMBERCOMES

16 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Diana? Haven't seen any screenshots, just API files and Christian is in progress for like 1-2 years? About time for it to come.

The only other ship I seen screenshots of is the Pandora, but we won't get that until release (which I don't know why we don't just get it now).  Though would be nice to get another frigate or even a 3rd rate in game.  A 2nd rate would be nice too, but honestly I really would like to see a 2/3 with 32's on both bottom decks than anything right now.  

@admin Ok sorry to do this, but you do know there is only 2 weeks left in this month.  So we will see some balance patches next week or the week after?   Going track record I'm not going to hold my breath on us getting anything this month.

1 hour ago, jonnysweden said:

What are you trying to imply? Can you count the number of ships added in the last 2 years for me?  I have genetic troubles with math. 

For a 2 years? Easy, 9:

Hercules,Le Requin,LGventre(if it counts),Wasa,L'Hermione,Prince Neufchatel,Wappen von Hamburg,Endymion,Indefatigable. 

Two years. 730 days. Most of them were dozens of times rebalanced. Last two ships were created not from devs.

Btw. Greaatings to HMS Pandora