Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018

24 minutes ago, Liq said:

For a while I had 7 accounts afk fishing for bottles over night using a macro to keep them from being kicked for idling. But gpu and cpu being used to almost 100% capacity heated up my room too much so I stopped doing that lol.

Is this they mean by sandbox and working ones ass off?

Do you have any data how much hours of fishing it took you on average to get a bottle?

13 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

To do so we need more population not more outposts and same faces all over the place...

it would help, if we reduced almost every port by 50% br  

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Do you have any data how much hours of fishing it took you on average to get a bottle?

its rng, hours do not count i think

some have 2 bottles in 2 hours, and some have 2 bottles in 4 months

Edited by Thonys

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I only did it for a couple of nights and didnt keep track of it

But I would usually end up with 1 bottle on each char. after 8 hours. Sometimes only 5 out of 7, sometimes I got two on one char.

• Like 1

What about making it gear based, but with transparency. So the loser can see the winners setup or both players can see each other setup, after the battle is done.
Can be made very simple, just transfer the ship stats to a in game mail and send it to the contenders. Just get the permanent upgrades also in there, I can never see those when I loot ships. 😕    

Edited by Tiedemann

3 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I kept half an eye on that when I started doing it and I'd peg it at one bottle pr. 140 game days or very roughly 24 real hours.

I suspect the drop rate has been decreased but it could also just be RNG tricking me.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:29 PM, admin said:

8 outposts is too much and is a mistake. We need to address it somehow before release, without removing them.

Why you think so? Outposts are of crucial importance to bring Players together for fighting. How often do i read "Enemy Player at X (Harbor name)" and think: too bad i dont have an Outpost there. Looking at Map: Next Outpost is at Y, and by the time i sail from Y to X, the enemy has sailed far, far away.

You would make that Problem even worse by reducing outpost number.

Or do you wish to force every Player (without Alts) into "decide between Crafter, Trader or Fighter... you don't get a chance to try all of them"? (and thereby forcing more players to have Alts?)

I really would enjoy to have maybe 10 or even 12 Outposts. To be able to join fights, to be able to compete on Contracts, so to have more fun playing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RedPanther said:

Why you think so? Outposts are of crucial importance to bring Players together for fighting. How often do i read "Enemy Player at X (Harbor name)" and think: too bad i dont have an Outpost there. Looking at Map: Next Outpost is at Y, and by the time i sail from Y to X, the enemy has sailed far, far away.

You would make that Problem even worse by reducing outpost number.

Or do you wish to force every Player (without Alts) into "decide between Crafter, Trader or Fighter... you don't get a chance to try all of them"? (and thereby forcing more players to have Alts?)

I really would enjoy to have maybe 10 or even 12 Outposts. To be able to join fights, to be able to compete on Contracts, so to have more fun playing.

Same here, and i havent any Alts, the dev need more add a system anti-alts before delete any outpost.

The point it's alts kill any game...

• Like 2

If they overhaul crafting-resources-and the economy, specifically the need for having an outpost for res buildings it would give them leeway to reduce that number, for those of us who dont have crafting/res farming alts. Its a pain in the ass, for me anyways, trying to balance crafting needs with pvp outposts even with 8. I guess its worth waiting to see how the forthcoming changes play out. Imho alts should never have been allowed before release because they ultimately make it impossible to get a real read on the economy and other aspects of the game as it was being built/built upon. Now they are irreversibly built into the foundation of the game.

Edited by Potemkin

1 hour ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

I disagree.  8 outposts on this map is just enough, in fact I would like to propose 10 outposts. 

More of a chance for interacting amongst your player base, and less tedious hour long boring sails.  

You need content... so increase ports. 

Do not decrease the amount  

Why do you need 10? 5 in carezone for easy resources? 3 for RvR? 2 for patrol?

Why RvR outpost can't be resource outposts? You don't need 10.

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

10 would make it much easier to station ships around the map to participate in things.  Depends a lot on your nation.  5 of my 8 outposts are free ports...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Most RvR outposts are flexible, therefore they do not really apply as ressource farms. 

Nontheless 10 op's have always eben enough imo. 

On 8/17/2018 at 11:05 PM, admin said:

We are not sure about mods influence in tournaments.

If we want to have skill based tournaments, they should be without mods. Otherwise those without elite mods will definitely loose. Those who still have Kirimati, edinorogs and Naval clocks will have an unfair advantage. 

It's just more fun to be able to enter to tournament without gold mods and to have an even fight. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

My outposts are 5 free towns, 1 national for PvP and 2 national for eco. Before I had 6 free towns and just 2 national (moved Shroud Cay to Nassau). If Free Towns will be outposts permanent for everyone and 4 permits = only national ports, I could live with that option, but limiting everything to 4 will kill me, my PvP,  eco or whatever else you guys do.

Having a limit is good but 4 would cripple PvP and pve ruin my game.

Edited by Crow

On 8/18/2018 at 6:49 AM, Liq said:

@Mustaparta

@Blackjack Morgan

I bet they would love to have a word on this too

I quit playing long ago...that was pretty much my word on it. I still consider NA to be one of my all-time favorite games but it decided to take a very different path from where it started many years ago. I finally realized my complaints and concerns were not going to change anything and rather than be a negative all the time it was probably better to just stop playing. I still check in on the forums holding out that small glimmer of hope things will change....but I don't believe they will. I will never consider any game that depends on mindless PVE or worthless timesink grinding to be a serious PVP game. Took a game that was supposed to be skill based, historically leaning, easy access to PvP, and turned it into magical gear grind and what build counters what. Bleh....

• Like 5

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, admin said:

8 outposts is too much and is a mistake. We need to address it somehow before release, without removing them.

For players crafting their own ships, at least 4 or 5 outposts are required to obtain the materials - with the new building DLC, possibly more.

If players can place buildings in nation owned ports and teleport to them without needing an outpost, the number of outpost required could be limited to a small number of free ports and/or open-to-all ports.

We need to understand and above all we need to know and accept the Devs. vision and goals about how the outposts will influence the play.

I seem to see two different intentions from the playerbase. Not all are extreme, there are those who play in the midle but lets watch the extremes.

The players or Alts aiming for economy, trading or crafting play. These use the outposts for strategic resourse gathering and stockpile.

The players that play the game mainly for action, PVP. These use most of their outposts as strategic stations for the raids and attacks.

All of the players wish for more outposts, obviously but if the Devs plan is not to allow a player to be self-sufficient and force the need for interaction between players, then i do agree that we have maybe too much or near too mutch outposts. IMO also we need to end all forms of teleport. At the present time, having an outpost in other side of the map only cost the time of the first travel there. After this we play a kind of sci-fi strategic game. Distances mater not at all.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, z4ys said:

Trade.  There are always a couple of trade ports that you need to TP into in order to check on your contracts that all of the alts are outbidding.

• Like 1