Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

They are the sheep the hunters hunt (cause we know most of them refuse to hunt each other).  If you loose sheeps you loose hunters and you have a dead game.

Funny thing is that so many hunters hunt sheeps but they don't fight each other.

I don't know if it is NA PvP player mentality to just take easy targets. Another option is that as reward system is rewarding fast-easy-ganks, hunters stay with sheeps.

You cannot see player names in OW.. Was this enough to change the game?

14 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Funny thing is that so many hunters hunt sheeps but they don't fight each other.

I don't know if it is NA PvP player mentality to just take easy targets. Another option is that as reward system is rewarding fast-easy-ganks, hunters stay with sheeps.

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I have the feeling you do coast guard duty ar your greenzone.

Besides the requins that are the ships you face ( not includes all the encyclopedias)

Image2.jpg

Add that those captains sailing for other nations capital ports are not new and are experienced.

Experienced captains know....

•  when to run
  • how to run
  • when to enagage
  • how to engage

And the most crucial part is to make the victim feel safe. An equal BR or equal ship fight doesnt mean its a fair fight.

Pro vs Pro fights are so boring because in most cases its easy to predict the next move and to counter it leading to no solutions when its not patrol RoE (no running)

Thats why I sail on the ow to distant places where any ship that has guns is good enough. I might take time it might take longer but in the end its much more enjoyable for me.

12 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

They hunt the sheep cause they aren’t good them self so they pick easy targets.  The game give a fade safe zones so the sheep have no where safe to level aup and enjoy the game.  In a pure PvP game you have two types of players.  Those that win and those that loose.  If your never winning your not having fun and you tend to stop playing a game.  So why would they fight some one equal or better skill than them?  Cause they are winning why risk loosing cause it’s no fun.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

They hunt the sheep cause they aren’t good them self so they pick easy targets.  The game give a fade safe zones so the sheep have no where safe to level aup and enjoy the game.  In a pure PvP game you have two types of players.  Those that win and those that loose.  If your never winning your not having fun and you tend to stop playing a game.  So why would they fight some one equal or better skill than them?  Cause they are winning why risk loosing cause it’s no fun.

Hmm sounds like we need a pvp zone.

Oh wait we got one! However, with a crappy RoE which makes them unbearable and pro zerg.

If only there was a suggestion to fix the pvp zone... Oh wait, there is one! And only 90+ players voted... Hmmm

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Liq said:

Hmm sounds like we need a pvp zone.

Oh wait we got one! However, with a crappy RoE which makes them unbearable and pro zerg.

If only there was a suggestion to fix the pvp zone... Oh wait, there is one! And only 90+ players voted... Hmmm

We have Requin in game. You can always escape if the shit hits the fan ;) (sarcasm off)

15 hours ago, admin said:

Of course 

But a lot bigger percentage registers on forum to post something they want to be improved or changed (or negatively react to something). Almost zero posts first posts just saying thank you or great game or such... This is universal across game companies.

Many stated many times that the game is great and has a huge potential. However you manage each year to disappoint the "community" with weird actions, and this is totally beyond me.

Could count few of them, but you might imagine which one was the latest..First letter R, and it`s a ship .

Either you are not reading many great suggestions, or you maybe have completely different point of view, how this game should be. And that is why so many left the game, and those who stayed are getting bored.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Either you are not reading many great suggestions, or you maybe have completely different point of view, how this game should be. And that is why so many left the game, and those who stayed are getting bored.

Every line of the code requires time and we being a small indie team cannot focus on everything. 
The greatest suggestion was and is to finish the port UI, localize the game, try to bring more PVE content and bring more adrenaline to PVP. This will freshen up the game, bring new users (who hold on because of lack of their language). 
As a result a lot of times users might feel that their suggestions are not acknowledged or ignored. Community should help us convey the information on priorities to them and explain that priorities must be finished first before starting work on something else. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Every line of the code requires time and we being a small indie team cannot focus on everything. 
The greatest suggestion was and is to finish the port UI, localize the game, try to bring more PVE content and bring more adrenaline to PVP. This will freshen up the game, bring new users (who hold on because of lack of their language). 
As a result a lot of times users might feel that their suggestions are not acknowledged or ignored. Community should help us convey the information on priorities to them and explain that priorities must be finished first before starting work on something else. 

Whats up with focus on RVR and Trading? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, admin said:

It's a known fact that disproportional amount of happy players do not read the forums :). People come to the forums with problems. 

first of all Thank you for the Development plans for the H2 2018

also I want to tell you just a little remark on the "happy player ", all of my active members of the clan (and many more nationwide) read the topics in the forum and are more or less aware of the changes (pronounced on  the forum)  and topics on the forum, some are happy and some have remarks (that is a bit on the topic)  but do not make it public on the forum. those are the guys and girls you have no track off, but i can assure you they are involved in some way.

second. the year 2018 has still 4 months to go and not 6 perhaps you have something in your sleeve for January and February you did not share at this moment. 

third.  i don't think this is a forum like anybody else his forum, we are different. and we do care, perhaps you have collected so many salts that you can sprinkle salt in the winter for the entire season, and i can tell you, if you hang on to it... the warm summer will come early, and that salt fades away.

fourth. ( i cannot resist asking.  sorry..)  any news on a Dutch vessel in the future (i still get sea sickness on those foreign vessels)

typical dutch 

the song/das lied / in german in deutch

Edited by Thonys

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So why would they fight some one equal or better skill than them?  Cause they are winning why risk loosing cause it’s no fun.

I would risk.

I have to admit that economy is harsh for PvP players right now but I would risk.

Sure this economy makes me to not play or play very minimal amount but I would risk.

I admit that I have been asking many-many-many-many-F*ing-times that they should make the economy lighter.

3 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

...make the economy lighter.

importet ships do :D the only one who really openly admit and like that fact is @jodgi

The rest is complaining that imported ships spoil eco because actual they want a kill to matter. to make the loser feel the loss to give meaning to openworld

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

They don't ruin eco, but they ruin atm mostly RvR, balance and diversity. Requins and Hercs are the ast majority of the OW PvP ships now. 

Balance the ships (including BR), fix the bugs, balance the mods that makes these ships overpowered, make the cooldown longer on redeem.

yes if DLC ship is bigger for requin and herc its fine small ship short cooldown

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

... diversity....

Diversity is a lie. before it was rattle and prince that dominated the shallows. Merc was just the poor mens choice like rattle is in current meta.

6 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Swedish fleet was strong in the Bahamas with almost full Mercury fleet, Pirates and Prussians for a long time used Snows and Niagaras. Look up old screenshots. Navy Brigs were the most tanky and some used them too, but Brigs and Navy Brigs were usually a poor choice. I rememer Bahamas and RvR there a lot, even since I was GB. 

that was after the sail physic change as merc suddenly outperformed the heavy rattle close to the wind. upwind sailing is king because weather gage wins most fights. and swedes (rediii) is king for that tactic. Xebec is an allrounder (not so much after last 180° speednerf) making her the best choice.

• Its always meta to have the best all around sailing ship and upwind is king
  • Most guns
  • Most crew
  • and to be tanky

there will never be Diversity  as long there is a meta. but sure lets lie to ourselves when it makes us feel better and lets give the unblessed/noobs some sort of hope. Amen

Edited by z4ys

6 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Screenshots and facts. We have it all on forums, just need to look it up. I rememer as pirate going with @Raxius fleet to PB against Spanish in Teak - Crew Space Snow and I scored 4 kills + assists. It was the old 25v25 PB style. 

one ship out of 25? or were all some random bunch of shallow ships? pls show us some screenshots.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

no pickle no lynx no privateer no normal rattle 1 cutter :( sometimes snow and brigs but majority niagara, merc, prince, and ofc heavy rattle.

TBH i dont see any difference in ships to our last Nassau + LH battle just exchange outdated heavy rattles with xebec in your screenshots. Worship the new meta

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Screenshots and facts. We have it all on forums, just need to look it up. I rememer as pirate going with @Raxius fleet to PB against Spanish in Teak - Crew Space Snow and I scored 4 kills + assists. It was the old 25v25 PB style. 

Even back on Global we ran normally H Rattlers for the most part, Niagara for the boarders and Navy Brigs for the crashers.....they would run into the other team ships just to take out bow sprits.  We than had a couple or Princes for circle control and we fought the PB's the same way when we came over to the server.  The reason the Mercury lost it's spot light was cause of the old crew kills with grape.  I could grape it to death and never take a hit pretty much, but than the H Rattler on reload build will keep it in crew shock so those 24's where useless.  It honestly needed a bit of love as it was a lovely ship.  I prob should build one and test it out a bit just for fun.

Though now the only thing you see is Requins with a few other ships if the persons didn't have the DLC.  The reason it's meta is cause it has more guns, more crew (100 more than any other 1st rates) and a great battle profile and sail profile compared to the others.  It should not be in shallow water PB's with those stats.  It can stay in shallows, but not the PB's asd there is nothing else to counter it unless you have the DLC.  Cause like the Herc while we can counter it, we have to put 2-3 ships on it to take it out unless we are using like ships.  That means it's BR honestlly needs to be 2-3 times higher, but I think the 140-150 rang would be about right.  That way even if it's keep in the shallows you pretty much loose half your ships if you bring all Requins over other ships.  

And most of us aren't asking for it's stats to be changed, just the classification so it's not the king of the Shallow PB, you can still raid all you want in the shallows with it having a 5th rating and higher BR.   Just means your limited to deep port battle (let it take the Prince place in deep water that fine) and limit the use by it's BR so you can' t spam a bunch of them at 80 BR.  Herc and it can be Kings of OW shallows no one is complaining about that.  BR fix will also work best once they fix the ROE in the PvP zones too.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:43 AM, admin said:

LOL NO.. thats a promise. There will be no free teleport between outposts DLC. Ever.

My Teleporting.

Logon in KPR, crafted Belle Poule but for warehouse space all spare canons in Morant.

Teleported to Monant, to see what I needed to craft.

Teleported to KPR, to Morant, to KPR again, I need better memory! crafted most of the canons, sailed Belle Poule to Morant to complete canon refit.

Teleported to George Town, to prepare Indiaman to sail to KPR to sell loot but wind direction all wrong.

Teleported to de-Paix, sailed Bucentaure into battle until there was good wind for Indiaman.

Teleported to George Town, sailed Indiaman to KPR, then sailed onto Morant to prepare to sail to de-Paix to collect loot.

Teleported to George Town, sailed Wasa into muilple battles (main session), after that I was ready to call it a night.

Teleported to Port Antonio, extracted Hemp, using up the last of my LHs.

Teleported to Carlisle, extracted Lignium and coal.

Teleported to KPR, check ships sales and call it.

11 times in one session, this is typical “gameplay” for me, teleporting makes the game playable, I couldn’t do all this movement via sailing, I can only sail for 10 to 15 minutes (20 max) before I gotta battle.

I call myself a casual player since I couldn’t do hardcore sailing.

Signed: PvE Feedback.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

My Teleporting.

Logon in at KPR, crafted Belle Poule but for warehouse space all spare canons in Morant.

Teleported to Monant, to see what I needed to craft.

Teleported to KPR, to Morant, to KPR again, I need better memory! crafted most of the canons, sailed Belle Poule to Morant to complete canon refit.

Teleported to George Town, to prepare Indiaman to sail to KPR to sell loot but wind direction all wrong.

Teleported to de-Paix, sailed Bucentaure into battle until there was good wind for Indiaman.

Teleported to George Town, sailed Indiaman to KPR, then sailed onto Morant to prepare to sail to de-Paix to collect loot.

Teleported to George Town, sailed Wasa into muilple battles (main session), after that I was ready to call it a night.

Teleported to Port Antonio, extracted Hemp, using up the last of my LHs.

Teleported to Carlisle, extracted Lignium and coal.

Teleported to KPR, check ships sales and call it.

11 times in one session, this is typical “gameplay” for me, teleporting makes the game playable, I couldn’t do all this movement via sailing, I can only sail for 10 to 15 minutes (20 max) before I gotta battle.

I call myself a casual player since I couldn’t do hardcore sailing.

Signed: Feedback.

As a clan leader now add into that every time I have to telport to CT or the port we have our warehouse in and give out mods, repairs, cannons and mats if there isn't another officer in the same port.    Specially since not every one logs in and is ready at the same time.  I also have to be in that port to add  any Mats or gold to the warehouse.

Fine if @admin wants to charge a fee lets get it into game soon (he said it's all ready in game just not turned on) and lets test it so we don't have the issue with Crew cost where it was way to high when they introduced it to use (we told them this in Test along with the WASA being to OP and they didn't listen to us along with other things they had to change from test).

If there was a way to remotely claim your contracts (still have to go pick it up in port) and do your econ it would help too, than folks wouldn't have to jump around every where to do them and check store stocks.  Many games that does have this in place has freaking Auction houses that you can check port/city stocks in, buy something and than go pick it up.   We don't have that so we have to actually jump around and look at the stock.  Give us proper regional/national Auction House's and a means to remotely do our Econ and I'll be all for this fee.  That and all fees along with repairs and directly to shop sales should go back to the clan that owns that port and they should have trade/mangemnet tools for there ports.

• Like 1