Game-Labs Forum

More Clan Control - Reducing Alt Problems

15 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

Allow clans to set who is able to place buy/sell contracts in their ports

Won`t help.

You limit the amount of potential buyers in a port, you automatically lower the port revenue.

Game needs more valuable ports, especially consuming ports, for trade, not excluding people from trade.

#If alts wouldn`t set contracts in closed ports, like Cartagena, which is supplying EVERYBODY playing this game, we would read another post in forum " We need more Cartagena Tar ports"...

Each nation, clan, is free to attack any profitable port on this map, so go for it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I mean inside, not outside PBs.

If you dont belong to the friendly clan list you cant enter a PB.

Battlegroups have nothing to do with that. Usually defenders dont make battlegroups anymore.

Well you need to specify your posts then, to avoid unneccesary replies ;)

39 minutes ago, Havelock said:

I agree with @EliteDelta. But @Liq is right too, this only makes sense with some kind of civil war system within the nation.

If clan wars, then only WITHIN predetermined nations, which are not changing the owner, as a nation. For example a map as it was after the wipe. So there fore, a map reset would be needed.

So if clan XY attacks a spanish port, port stays spanish, but clan XY owns it. Clan XY can attack danish or british port too, port stays danish or british, only clan XY has all rights within that port.

Civil wars among the clans WITHIN nations can not work, it would be a huge clusterfuck, with too many possibilities for screw up, abuse and all things that would make the game more stressful, but not more enjoyable.

9 minutes ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

This would finally drag out of game all individual players and small clans...

Do we really want to divide the player base by 3?

And yes, this to be mentioned...Many are not enjoying being in a clan, because of different reasons, and many independent players would be practically excluded from everything, which would be the wrong message in the game to potential newcomers.

1 minute ago, AeRoTR said:

ALTs are not happy, they paid the full price, so they should own the economy! 

#If alts wouldn`t set contracts in closed ports, like Cartagena, which is supplying EVERYBODY playing this game, we would read another post in forum " We need more Cartagena Tar ports"...

8 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Not necesarily. It will depend, for example, on the choice made by the clan owners. Small clans still can provide players to help outside and inside PBs and lonely hunters often sink rvr ships or sometimes they help in screening.

I have seen players like moscalb, who is most of the time a hunter going to enemy waters, taking part in PBs.

You exclude too many from trading, you will kill the trade.

Mentioning Moscalb here is not a very smart example of an independent, since he does not care a lot about, trade, money, resources..at least i am imputing this now ;)

Clan cash lives from trade, selling resources to the others, or do you think our beloved HRE likes the weather and the beaches at Nassau, Cartagena, Santo Domingo, etc? , and that is the reason why our smart quartermasters and leaders decided to to go there?

Edited by Fenris

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

A player focused in trade can pay for the ressources and upgrades, which it wont be unreasonable.

does it have sense that a pve focused player has easier access to gear than a rvr player? In most mmos, to get the best gear you have to work for it.

And that is a hair in the soup my dear.....

Those "alts", but not only them, all independents are driving trade in game and provide often upgrades and resources for PVPers who doesn`t give a f..k about those things.

And not only Cartagena Tar..Teak, White Oak, and all these shiny things in the game.....

Suddenly, RvR is dead again, everyone has everything, because too many are requesting MORE resource ports here in forum, and because HRE has already 500 Cartagena Refits, it doesn`t matter if @Havelock bans all other clans from Cartagena, or even if we lose it..Screw RvR, we make a break again...

Action and reaction mate.

14 minutes ago, rediii said:

closing of alttrade would make RvR more viable and it would make trade more viable aswell. I dont care how many cartas HRE has since thickness got nerfed anyway. Carta isn't that OP anymore and other people have enough aswell.

Dyfed as allways your suggestions are "nice".

You are wrong rediii.

If i close the port like Cartagena for everybody else, except for HRE, it would ruin the income in the port, and i would have to pay taxes for it, in long terms.(Maybe..)

And if Carta isn`t so OP anymore, why is everyone still buying it? Log in and tell me how much income Cartagena has now..(maintenance is through, i guess)

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

They dont provide those upgrades and woods for free while there is zero effort for placing a contract. However, with this proposal the players who took part in the conquest will have easier access (time) to those items, which will encourage RvR.

Another possibility is that we may see more fights happening. And devs can say "no, if you want something, fight for it".

HRE warehouse and all players materials/upgrades/ships will be wiped in release.

How many times I have read "we really dont care about ports" "we have alts if we loose the port"...

Of course they don`t, trader lives from trade, not from love for his nation. I never had any problems to buy Cartagena Tar, just had to wait few days.Alts never bothered me in trading tbh.

RELEASE???????

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

If HRE closes the port like Cartagena and buys all the Tar, they can sell Cartagena Refits in Free Towns and make 10x more income than from tax revenue, it's simple economics and facts here.

No it`s not a "simple economics". The income from Cartagena goes straight into clan`s cash. You can`t control the members selling individually refits to anyone.

4 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Cartagena is good but it isn't as strong as it used to be. They are being sold now for 1m gold in free ports where old prices used to be 3-4m gold. Figure out why the price has dropped so much? Alts + Nerfs.

Come on Banished :) You have Carta as upgrade like everyone else ;)

Point is clan gets the money anyway, what alts do with that freaking Tar, i guess our Quartermasters don`t care..(could be wrong though:ph34r:)

17 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

If HRE closes the port like Cartagena and buys all the Tar, they can sell Cartagena Refits in Free Towns and make 10x more income than from tax revenue, it's simple economics and facts here. 

People are greedy. You assume they would share it^^. Tax is an auto share while personal income rely on the people to share it^^

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Tested in my clans many times and it works. If someone is greedy then he does not belong to the clan. If you're driven by greed and personal income then you can be easily kicked out of the clan, plain and simple. 

But its still much easier to let it open and auto solve it as taking action. It its not greed its laziness

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

I have Cartagena and I don't really use it :) All I need it for is for 1st rates for PBs thaaaat... hmm... I haven't lost a 1st rate in PB for longer than a month at least. Let's do some simple math, Dyfed, ok?

Assume Cartagena produces 20 Refits daily (example). If HRE closes the port, refits will be dirt cheap (monopoly, no competition). The cost to produce/craft these Refits will be 2-3m gold for example.

HRE can sell all Refits in Free Towns and capitals to make 20-30m gold profit. So by investing few million gold they can make 10x more in return from investment per day. So how do you comment your "silly" 1-7m gold tax income daily? 

Hmm...

Because the SELLER is not the issue, the CONSUMER is, Banished. Seller will always make a profit, the issue is how the other can handle "austerity". If i sell only Refits, like you suggest, i could easily triple the price, but who would buy it then? And atm, it seems that Cartagena is ALWAYS making profit, including alts, including owner clan, including Banished, who needs 1 Refit in lifetime ;)

Win/win/win...

I could close the port, risk the whole world attacking me, if i leave it open, everyone loves me :)

If that port is closed, and only the owner clan has the monopoly, it does not mean automatically, that the owner can make LARGER profits, it depends on demand of the good.

Let`s not focus on Cartagena Tar, watch all other ports having "valuable" resources(T/WO, Copper).

16 minutes ago, z4ys said:

People are greedy. You assume they would share it^^. Tax is an auto share while personal income rely on the people to share it^^

And this :)

A clan COULD set a buying priority for quartermasters of the clan, but humans are weird creatures.....

3 hours ago, GhastlyGhost said:

Its potential review of player that should play another game, or is retarded.

This comment shows the full potential of retards this game already has.

Well done you have reached max retard level all on your own.

You may get a free redeemable forum retard comment once per day now for reaching such retarded perfection.

👏👏👏👏

Indirectly, if the owner closes to friends only or clan only, it becomes a "clan tax" which is fair and on point to other "clan tax" mechanics that have been asked for.

Anything that difficults the usage of alts is good.

There is no difference in having an alt and two players colluding from different nations.  Devs have already stated that alts can never be banned, it's a steam issue and- what if both of my kids wanted to play this game? They would have to share the same character? That would never work.

Why does a single clan need a monopoly on an elite mod? They already own the port and make easy money off the tax and selling said mod.  How does a monopoly make the game more fun for the other 95% of the players. If you want to limit the access to other players in your nation of your port- then the rare resource should also be available in a Freeport.

Sorry ED, this is not a good suggestion. We must be getting bored if we are willing to have the same arguments over and over. Sigh.

• Like 3