Game-Labs Forum

Patch 19: Mega Patch with new patrol missions, new hostility, victory marks for small clans, and other changes.

admin

1 minute ago, Trashicity said:

can't join battle bug still happens; danish bellona tagged pirate LGV;  I couldnt join pirate side

This bug is under fix, hotfix will be deployed asap, perhaps somewhere next week

4 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Can someone explain how the RoE are supposed to be now in the safe zones? Do the battles stay open for all or just for the people whos safe zone it is?

A lof of people are asking it, but no answer came.

I was in a pvp event battle and 6 people joined, 3 or 4 had recently killed. I got no pvp marks for kill and lost ship. This defeats the purpose and I lost a nice ship to getting hello kitty all. I would never have joined if I knew it was an event but the game doesn't tell us what kind of battle it was. I thought I was helping a brit in battle. Well designed PVP event. Great job! 

• Like 2

Hi

Allthow i like the ideea of new content this is how hostility mission worked for me. Got me a patrol mission and went about  my way;

• Ships
    My ship was an Essex with medium cannons
  • Battle
    I  was ganked by a group of 5 players
  • Demasted
    Yes
  • Reward
    276xp
  • Outcome
    Started by running away, then decided "the hell with it" so i started fighting(more like loosing)
  • Damage (mission damage)
  • Battle feeling
    :angry:

Then got a new frigate and went back

• Ships
    My ship was an Frigate with medium cannons
  • Battle
    Battle started 1 vs 1 my frigate against agamemnon
  • Demasted
    Yes twice
  • Reward
    4 pvp and 76216 gold
  • Outcome
    We began by me shooting hull and the aggy sniping masts, after i got demasted the first time the aggy continued to shoot masts and me hull so he went all the way to half armour and no stern. Then i got demasted again and a bellona joined my side, we were 10 min in. The battle continued and four more ships joined my side, so i became part of a ganking squad.
  • Battle feeling
    :(

Then i got an Agamemnon and went back

• Ships
    My ship was an Agamemnon with medium cannons
  • Battle
    I  was ganked by a group of 5 players. While i was sinking a Pavel joinen on my side and 2 min later 3 mor ships joined the gankers so it became 8 vs 2, and i was sinking
  • Demasted
    No?, wow
  • Reward
    4 pvp, 77040 gold from the battles and i completed the patrol mission 10 pvp marks
  • Outcome
    Did my best and died like a hero(quick)
    i do not know enough to complete the mission
  • Battle feeling
    <_<

My sugestion for this event, is to pay pvp marks according to damage done in the patrol area. I belive this, will somewat, discourage ganking because they will present many targets while u are just one. Will i participate again?  well, i will give it some more runs, but if every fight is a ganking then. no.

Edited by AxIslander
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

Can someone explain how the RoE are supposed to be now in the safe zones? Do the battles stay open for all or just for the people whos safe zone it is?

Reinforcement zones rules of engagement change

• ability to pull the players to the battle using NPC attack - removed
  • ability to pull the players into battle using player attack - removed
  • if battle is created in the reinforcement zone only attacked player or battle group is pulled into battle all others will be able to join using positional reinforcement and can decline to do so. 
  • This will remove the potential for grief and abuse in the reinforcement areas.
  • Add. Positional entry rules mean battles are open until they end, which greatly help defenders to punish the hostiles

The battle should be open for both side till the end

56 minutes ago, Ink said:

So this means that the safe zones now become useless as if you attack an AI fleet the battle remains open for everyone. This will just lead to bigger packs of enemies camping the safe zones with more and more people piling into the battle, which may be fun for the experienced PvP players but for the person who just went out with the intention of just attacking AI for a quick battle its no good.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Reinforcement zones rules of engagement change

• ability to pull the players to the battle using NPC attack - removed
  • ability to pull the players into battle using player attack - removed
  • if battle is created in the reinforcement zone only attacked player or battle group is pulled into battle all others will be able to join using positional reinforcement and can decline to do so. 
  • This will remove the potential for grief and abuse in the reinforcement areas.
  • Add. Positional entry rules mean battles are open until they end, which greatly help defenders to punish the hostiles

Its said that it is Reinforcement zones rules of engagement change but in the pvp patrol area the battle stays open all the time as well. Couldnt check battles outside zones yet.

Edited by z4ys

2 hours ago, AxIslander said:

Hi

Allthow i like the ideea of new content this is how hostility mission worked for me. Got me a patrol mission and went about  my way;

• Ships
    My ship was an Essex with medium cannons
  • Battle
    I  was ganked by a group of 5 players
  • Demasted
    Yes
  • Reward
    276xp
  • Outcome
    Started by running away, then decided "the hell with it" so i started fighting(more like loosing)
  • Battle feeling
    :angry:

Then got a new frigate and went back

• Ships
    My ship was an Frigate with medium cannons
  • Battle
    Battle started 1 vs 1 my frigate against agamemnon
  • Demasted
    Yes twice
  • Reward
    4 pvp and 76216 gold
  • Outcome
    We began by me shooting hull and the aggy sniping masts, after i got demasted the first time the aggy continued to shoot masts and me hull so he went all the way to half armour and no stern. Then i got demasted again and a bellona joined my side, we were 10 min in. The battle continued and four more ships joined my side, so i became part of a ganking squad.
  • Battle feeling
    :(

Then i got an Agamemnon and went back

• Ships
    My ship was an Agamemnon with medium cannons
  • Battle
    I  was ganked by a group of 5 players. While i was sinking a Pavel joinen on my side and 2 min later 3 mor ships joined the gankers so it became 8 vs 2, and i was sinking
  • Demasted
    No?, wow
  • Reward
    4 pvp, 77040 gold from the battles and i completed the patrol mission 10 pvp marks
  • Outcome
    Did my best and died like a hero(quick)
    i do not know enough to complete the mission
  • Battle feeling
    <_<

My sugestion for this event, is to pay pvp marks according to damage done in the patrol area. I belive this, will somewat, discourage ganking because they will present many targets while u are just one. Will i participate again?  well, i will give it some more runs, but if every fight is a ganking then. no.

I have similiar situation. Unfortunetly right now Patroll Missions are for battle groups.

• Like 1

Too bad there's no indication for anyone that has no Patrol Mission taken if you going into a battle in the area... in such case ship mostly lost, for nothing.

It happened to me yesterday, didn't knew te rules of engagement, lost very good ship.

Edited by Darayavahus
  • Like 1

On 7-3-2018 at 3:27 PM, admin said:

Captains
Mega patch with multiple changes will be deployed tomorrow 8th March!

Hostility missions improvements.

• NPC defence fleets in hostility missions now adapt to an attacker force. Responding with similar vessels both in rating and in numbers.
    • If one player will come to generate hostility on the enemy force he will encounter 1 defender.
    • If 10 players come to generate hostility they will encounter 10 npc defender ships.
  • The problem of the inability for the port owner to provide an adequate defence force is solved by limitation of player ships in the hostility mission. Both defender and attacker can only bring 10 vessels into the hostility mission.
  • Hostility missions now spawn 30% closer to the port 

battle report: feedback on hostility raising. (for SMALL CLANS)

we did a test with a small group (3-5 players) at prime  time to raise hostility (for small clans) (with snow 6 rates)

from 21.00 to 24.00 and we came up at 70 % 

hostility for small clans to do battle it has a 2.5% raise per  sunken ship.

that is 40 ships sunk divided by 3 captains is 13 battles ,what is actually to much time consuming,  and if you need to repair it, it takes a lot of back and forth sailing to a harbor(13x), if no repairs on board ,what also means if you need to repair at sea it takes 13 times a  x amount of hull repairs to do so (what is almost impossible with small ships)

we encountered pirates in the hostility mission (a failed mission)

and very strong opposition from some Ai  and 1 mission aborted mission.(to strong opposition  [we failed there])

also the enemy did not intervene although they noticed the hostility (what is just a flip of the coin).

it was to much time consuming to make it all happen ,( to raise at 100 %) 

just a observation: for small clans vs big clans it is  a unbelievable big task to raise hostility in comparison  .,its practically a  almost impossible mission

the hostility raising in our opinion needs some kind of revamp on the number of gaining hostility vs group size

13 to 15 battles is almost a to big task for small clans. and still it is not a option to capture ports for small clans 

also class limitations is needed ,when you go in battle with a group of 6 rates, and after that a pirate bellona jumps in the battle, the whole group is in immediate danger by  the spawning ai , and the battle needs evacuation by the 6 rates or the battle group will sink.. and practically the hostility mission after thats incident  is over.(for further hostility raising)

out of order :a possible solution could be , 

al least:  4 same clan members in a hostility mission group gives a multiplier 2x in this scenario. (total missions reduced by half , where a completed raise hostility  is 6 missions total)

also the spawning distance can be reduced a bit  , line sailing does need more time now to group up .

greetings. 

Edited by Thonys

@admin@Ink

The pvp patrol mission is flawed. I was able for testing purpose to sail outside the circle and kill myself (without giving my enemies the oppertunity to dmg me before) I sunk after the timer run out. No reward for my enemies + I wasted their time (10 min). Would have been able to waste much more of their time without giving them the chance to dmg me.

If you wanna keep/stick with the border make it a border you cant sail through.

Edited by z4ys

I really like the open battles, so you can go solo and join a nice fight somewhere.

Its just a bit sad that 5th rates are pretty useless when fighting bigger ships, feels like you cant do anything really.

Also I think it would be better if the circle does constant damage when you are outside (each 5 seconds 2,5% of armor and structure for example) and not that 100 to 0 timer.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I really like the open battles, so you can go solo and join a nice fight somewhere.

Its just a bit sad that 5th rates are pretty useless when fighting bigger ships, feels like you cant do anything really.

It would be better if mission is also tied to a ship rate.

..go on a patrol with a 5th rate ship and deal 20k dmg ... or something like that. Otherwise it just lead to ship missmatch.

40 minutes ago, z4ys said:

@admin@Ink

The pvp patrol mission is flawed. I was able for testing purpose to sail outside the circle and kill myself (without giving my enemies the oppertunity to dmg me before) I sunk after the timer run out. No reward for my enemies + I wasted their time (10 min). Would have been able to waste much more of their time without giving them the chance to dmg me.

If you wanna keep/stick with the border make it a border you cant sail through.

I like to add here:

Because the mission stays open for so long I can play on kiting  at least the first 20min in the hope someone joines my side. The long join timer /open forever just promotes cautious gameplay because help might come. If I know the battle is closed I might play like hello kitty it and do dmg like intended but as long there is hope aka late joiners i wont do that. Especially when i am outnumbered and get killed in a few min. I cant deal enough dmg in that short time to make the fight worth it.

Edited by z4ys

3 hours ago, victor said:

for sake of curiosity .... why?

Did anyone ever asked for something like that?

In a safe zone by the capital surely the defenders will get more numbers than the attackers? I can.t see a problem with that it's a safe zone.

4 hours ago, victor said:

for sake of curiosity .... why?

Did anyone ever asked for something like that?

I didn't ask for it but have wanted it for a long time.  This measure is designed to counter the gank teams that prey on low level players (or out-matched players , same thing) within reinforcement zones.   Now, if people like that attack players (or more likely crash a AI battle a low level player has already started) then nation players can come to the rescue.  What is unrealistic about that?  The unrealistic part was putting a limit on the ability to join.

Gankers will have to work a little bit harder to 'harvest' PVP points, hell, they might even have to fight players at their own level, wouldn't that be a fine thing.