Game-Labs Forum

Patch 19: Mega Patch with new patrol missions, new hostility, victory marks for small clans, and other changes.

admin

3 minutes ago, Thonys said:

so ...start whining ? 

we can even handle a million for one port 

no problem there..:P 

you want to conquer the map for no reason at all :P and i will cost you upkeep... 

Having a couple ports so you can get harvest shipbuilding materials is not "conquering the map". 

42 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

have the devs considered that by removing player names and ship types ... the old saying once burned twice shy .....personally theres a few captains ai wouldnt 1v1 in equal ships i know thet are better players than me ... i would however still tag them if i thought i had a better ship

but once i get burned  by attacking a no named player .. and finding its someone i wouldnt have tagged if i knew who it was ... im going to be far more careful in tagging anyone in the future

therefore less pvp because once im unsure who im attacking the less likely im going to do it

dont worry to much about it ..

the other side has the same problem (if it is a problem)

if you are in hunting mode you will hunt.

if you are in trade mode you will evade the fight ,(any fight)

13 hours ago, admin said:
  • There are 81 ports on the map that can make same or even more money than cartagena (in trading taxes)
  • There are 25 ports on the map with the hidden feature that no-one yet found - which can make EVEN MORE.
  • We just probably need to scale down on pve rewards to make people trade which will in turn make ports more profitable, which will in turn help timers.

only 15 port have income great than 0

Trading are useless.

This hidden feature are useless because we have excellent loot from sealed bottles.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

timers will only be on a few key ports. Ports that are open and flipped is not rvr because only one side shows up. You cant call it a battle if its just a bunch of guys waiting to win by default. This might work when we have a higher server pop but when we have under 200 "people/alts" online there just wont be fighting just meaningless flipping for marks.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, z4ys said:

image.thumb.png.1c35f31f96796d2252232c29811fdd55.png

Thx spyglass finally makes sense :)

I dont understand, it shows the playername but not the ship name? Wasnt it supposed to be vice versa?

Edited by Trashicity

Player names and ship names removed from ENEMY players in the open world identification. You will only know that it is a player and an approximate rank of the vessel/vessels. You will only be able to find out the name of the captain once you engage. Names of your nation's captains are not affected.

Exactly as it should be

Will the port-taxes be collected tomorrow at server maintenance?

Seeing as it will take a day for the timers to be removed and the total cost of upkeep has been increased by 150% overnight (in reality the new taxes are 500% more).

I would vote for 1 more day extension so every clan can re-arranged their ports and costs.

4 minutes ago, trashiiii said:

You knew it a day before already and you knew the change is applied at next maintenance

See it as a mistake. HRE failed aswell

It was only announced yesterday-afternoon and some people have a life outside of this game. I read the forum after maintenance started today.

Basically: I read the forum when the server said there would be a patch today - as most people do.

Edited by Guenwhyvar

3 minutes ago, trashiiii said:

Better grind some gold now

You can read the forum on your smartphone btw  and subscribr to admin. It takes a minute to check.

I doubt admin will do a rollback because people lost some gold. HRE will make -16 million tomorrow after maintenance so just say "hello kitty" and see the game as it is supposed to be seen : a game in testing stage

I guess nobody will mind the Dutch losing most of their ports because of the patch. :P

• Like 1

• NPC defence fleets in hostility missions now adapt to an attacker force. Responding with similar vessels both in rating and in numbers.
    • If one player will come to generate hostility on the enemy force he will encounter 1 defender.
    • If 10 players come to generate hostility they will encounter 10 npc defender ships.
  • The problem of the inability for the port owner to provide an adequate defence force is solved by limitation of player ships in the hostility mission. Both defender and attacker can only bring 10 vessels into the hostility mission.
  • Hostility missions now spawn 30% closer to the port 

Quick Question @admin

Will HOSTILITY MIssions be obvious marked as hostility missions as previously you saw 10 Brit ships (for example) and you could guess it was a hostility mission and plan to reinforce etc. If it spawn v 1, wont it just look like a normal mission, so for one, we wont know its hostility planning, and 2 we won't know it will stay open and 3, it will look like a player AI attack.

21 hours ago, ChristenTrash said:

I like the idea of ports costing more, but to offset this more ports need to be more valuable.  there are FAR too many ports in the game that are essentially useless for generating cash.  All this patch does is ensure more ports go neutral.  We need a reason to visit them. 

More copper ports.  Create a mod that is similar and place it somewhere on the map making that port worthwhile.  Increase the amount of teak/lo/wo ports.  

I tihnk more neutral ports is good, with nations concentrating on those that are important to them.

Ages ago the thing i hated most about the game was the constant 100 mph port flipping. it made the map and long term player planning pointless as shit totally changed every 3 days.

ALSO Devs! BRACE change Thank God!!! that was sooo confusing for new people....