Game-Labs Forum

Patch 16: Control, Mast and Ship strengths rebalance.

admin

Captains
Patch has been deployed 

Whats new

• Control perk has been added to all ships with no bow gun ports (no chasers).
  • Masts
    • Mast HP rebalance. Mast HP is now based on general ship and rig strength and was generally increased
      • Ocean 1200hp for lower mast sections
      • Cutter has 290 for lower mast section
    • The main idea behind this change is to remove dependence on single shots and to require consistent modest amount of damage to rig to demast the ship. (instead of 7-10 shots for a mast every ship independently of its size and overall strength)
    • Mast Thickness have been slightly reduced to allow more consistent demasting opportunities at close range.
    • Upgrades for mast thickness and mast hp are currently under review
  • Hull HP
    • Hull HP rebalanced based on ship dimensions and displacements. Most ships have received slight or medium buffs, some ships have had their HP reduced.
    • Additional hp changes will be applied over the next couple of patches, if necessary.

Other changes

• Fleet attack BR difference slightly reduced to allow a bit large fleets to attack other larger fleets
  • Double shot reload slightly improved (time decreased from 43% to 30%)
  • Double charge (full charge) reload slightly increased (time increased from 10% to 20%), full charge penetration bonus lowered by 5%
  • Long leaf pine yards contracts can now be placed
  • Umlauts work now for Prussian ranks
  • Light carriages now affect speed
  • Fixed the bug allowing splitting the guns into other gundecks

Hotfix deployed 9th Feb 2018

Based on internal testing we have found that refits focused on changing sail plans did not have adequate bonuses to justify their use. 

Rigs that represent captain significantly changing their sail plan without increasing crew requirement

• Spanish rig and Elite spanish rig received huge buffs/debuffs to sail groups power
    • Basic version 15% bonus; -15% penalty
    • Elite version 30% bonus; -30% penalty
  • Pirate rig and Elite pirate rig refits received huge buffs/debuffs to sail group powers
    • Basic version 15% bonus; -15% penalty
    • Elite version 30% bonus; -30% penalty

Extra sails that represent captains just adding sails to a specific sail group, but require more sailing crew to operating them

• Staysails and Studding sails skill books received slight buff  (debuff remained small)

Bow figure - Gazelle refit

• Crew on sails requirement lowered from 7% to 3.5%
  • Like 24

Why the hell do bow chaser-less ships get control perk?  That's the sacrifice you choose for sailing those ships. The trinc by that logic should have a perk that means any shots taken from behind don't keep you tagged in battle. Seriously, this has got to be the strangest choice you have made in my opinion

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, victor said:

This perk implies that a ship that has neither bow cannons nor stern cannons will almost never be able to disengage from a fight.

Is it intented?

Corvettes and similar light frigates are now control ships. Like their own little class of special ability. Seems kinda neat, something for the small ships even I think it should be for all ships across the board (maybe to a lower distance?)

What ships don't have bow chasers? reno, cerb, belle poule (a bit on the op side) and some 6th rates. Not a huge deal. Less so than if we had it for all ships across the board.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 3

Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

BOW

I can read mate.

But the statement was like the perk was awarded to all the "ships that have no bow cannons" and  not just to "ships that have ONLY no bow cannons" so I assume that in that category are included the ships that have NEITHER stern nor NOR bow cannons.

A clarification from the Devs would be nice

Decreased mast thickness, is that 10-15%?

Increased mast hp, more in some cases than in other.  Twice as much?

Decreased mast thickness probably doubles everyones mast dps as you can now penetrate easily with all your decks.

Is this a buff or nerf?  Spray and pray?

I hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Decreased mast thickness probably doubles everyones mast dps as you can now penetrate easily with all your decks.

I hope I'm wrong.

I think you are "wrong" it could be good for overall gameplay. Only time will tell :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

no bow gun ports 

Please guys, it is clear. Doesn't say anything about guns, but about gun ports.

The ambiguity is still there: no bow ports means "only no bow ports" or includes also "no bow ports and no stern ports".

So it is not clear at all.

Edited by victor

7 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I hope I'm wrong.

Isnt "spray and pray" exactly what people complaining about singleshot sniping asked for?

Edited by Liq
  • Like 2