Game-Labs Forum

Patch 15: Tutorial testing and many other things

admin

6 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

Guy - what does this matters? We play in a pre-release-game as tester. It's absolutly normal, that things get wiped. By the way, a "wipe" of the redeemables is the lesser evil, than a wipe of ships and assets.

It's boring after every announcement these "tell me this, tell me that,..."

Because "power-gamers", mate...  ;-)

@admin and @Ink

With this patch you've given the 1st rates different base thicknesses:

- Victory has got a basic side thickness of 68

- Santissima has got 69

- and l'Ocean has got 70

Before the patch the've had the same thickness values, if i'm right!?

Keeping this in mind:

Wouldn’t it be fair, to make the Victory the best upwind sailor of the 1st rates again, to compensate for making her inferior to the other 1st rates, in terms of thickness!?

I mean, the Victory already has significant downsides compared to the other 1st rates:

-          less firepower

-          less crew by far (a big disadvantage when it comes to boarding)

Therefore it would only be fair imo to grant her an upwind sailing boost and make her the best sailing and manoeverably 1st rate!

What do you think!? Please answer.

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

@admin and @Ink

With this patch you've given the 1st rates different base thicknesses:

- Victory has got a basic side thickness of 68

- Santissima has got 69

- and l'Ocean has got 70

Before the patch the've had the same thickness values, if i'm right!?

Keeping this in mind:

Wouldn’t it be fair, to make the Victory the best upwind sailor of the 1st rates again, to compensate for making her inferior to the other 1st rates, in terms of thickness!?

I mean, the Victory already has significant downsides compared to the other 1st rates:

-          less firepower

-          less crew by far (a big disadvantage when it comes to boarding)

Therefore it would only be fair imo to grant her an upwind sailing boost and make her the best sailing and manoeverably 1st rate!

What do you think!? Please answer.

i agree there should be a difference in ships for use 

i think ii is a good one also , turning as best of the other  2 first rates would benefit the use of the vic

otherwise we never see that ship again in ow or battles 

Edited by Thonys

Well the problem lies in different ship, performing different stats, for different game’s styles. Of course Devs cannot put all the same ship with different names, but all players will choose the thickess, the fastest and full of men one, according to the given rank. Because all players want to be the best, with the best ship, forgetting that this game is skill based. It will never ends... :) 

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'm sorry, but this world where any RNG-based bonus on a ship is just "extra," and where people are happy with a ship that is not the perfect combination of RNG-bonuses is just a fantasy, at least among the hard core of this game.

Depends on the type of boni and balancing i guess. Something like 10% leak resistance vs 5% crew resistance vs 5% heel reduction would be fine. This insane BS we had before like random 5% Speed vs. 5% heel obviously is not. A ship with less slots is trash aswell while upgrades are powerful and valuable. You would never put upgrades on this ship.

@victor You maybe missed that people dont need to buy ships anymore. On the other hand its not worth selling anything while labour isnt worth much. I just killed a lynx and got 3 combat marks. Thats 100 LH. I could trade the marks i got without even playing the game for 80 Labour contracts. People just bring their own labour, they dont need yours. Buyable labour contracts should be removed asap.

I wonder how its even possible that every single patch makes these things worse without improving anything.-_-

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

"not realy" what? I prefer to remain neutral, Patch 15 ruins it. I am forced into diplomacy in order to survive, maybe let's go further, I am most likely forced to become a vassal of the superior nation with bigger numbers to protect us from extinction and being wiped out by zerg. 

Pretty sure it says Hard Core Nation on the start screen, it's a chance you take playing Russia, Prussia and Poland that you could be wipe off the map.  That was your choice to play in one of those three nations.

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

>live from free towns

>no admiralty in free towns

Nice joke, rediii.

You did pick a hard core nation to play, you want the safety of a capital and safe zones than go play one of the nations with those.

This is what happens when you get folks that pick a nation for it's flag.  Doesn't matter if it's a black one or a white one, you have to deal with the facts that some nations every one is going to hate and others are hard core mode. I love the Prussian flag and I'm part German so it would be a nation I would love to play, but it just doesn't have what I want in this game.  Same goes for US or GB as to why I won't play them.  That is why I picked Russia knowing I could loose all ports and have to live out of free towns.  IT's a risk I'm willing to take to play with like minded folks.

And for those bitching about the ports battle stuff....didn't take long for that to be hotfixed now did it?

• Like 2

Sir texas noone is complaining about the lack of safezone, simply cause all of us think they are unnecessary. We are all well aware of the fact that we chose a real nation. However not even being able to join a PB even though you still are right inside that very port seems silly.

Glad it got fixed now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

Its early access stop whining man

Btw it changed, you can enter pb from inside port now

It’s early access indeed. Think about this: in the release Devs say us “Because early acces was just to testing, from now on all the old players stats, money and ships are deleted and all of you will start from the begin”... Countless fainting :D

Edited by blubasso

2 minutes ago, blubasso said:

It’s early access indeed. Think about this: in the release Devs say us “Because early acces was just to testing, from now on all the old players stats are deleted and all of you will start from the begin”... Countless fainting :D

Good God, a fainting chair should be issued out to every "old" player in this game any time a patch comes out.

• Like 1

Aw christ on a cracker, another mobility nerf. Just grand.

Good thing Wasa got bumped to 3rd rates, but when will you buff the Constitution already please @admin? Or at least bust it down to 5th rates where it belongs with all other frigates. PRETTY PLEASE? It was one of my favorite ships pre-wipe :(

Also if your database is slowed down by 800,000 of records of any kind... you need to hire me as your database admin, 'cause yours isn't doing his job ;)

Edited by Ahoy H.R. Matey

I will never understand why players do not understand that everyone purchased the ability to Beta test. That is all. Nothing more nothing less. As far as I am concerned all of my play hours will be wiped upon release. Keep expectations low and an open mind and hopefully someday we will be rewarded with a game that looks and feels amazing. Patience. @admin thank you for patch notes at least. however as beta testers/players. We should not be delivered secrets or things we have to "find out." It is not conducive to a well rounded test.

• Like 4

I will say I like some of these changes. But truth be told I am looking at a ping of 180-220 consistently and while watching a Russian streamer he is getting 39 when will this be addressed? on global I was quite content with 70 to 80 and the game was playable. Now i can't even compete trying to calculate for lag when making cannon shots. And yes guys I know i sucked then so can it ;)