Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming Patch

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

The player retention is not good in the game because other reasons. One of them is the lack of content that keep you interested in.

Clearly the solution to 'X amount of players never made it to a brig' is to be able to toss 1st rates at 'em and watch that midshipman go at it with his 40 crew and Prepared perk. :P

58 minutes ago, admin said:

I have no idea how you can guess it without looking. most likely repairs but maybe a lot more. maybe they carry parts of the book of five rings that dropped in for them in PVE.

Why use a cutter when a Lynx does the same job... better.

Now I craft 99% of my own ships, including traders.  In the current game, my fir/fir tbrig doesn't stand a chance if tagged properly (especially loaded).  Why would i continue to use it in the 1BR world?

I can't think of a reason to, apart from perhaps lasting a bit longer in the ensuing chase.

I would still craft my tlynxes, and probably indiaman, but i spend more time in the tbrig primarily for speed the decent cargo cap and the ability to cross shallows.

Edited by SKurj

4 hours ago, admin said:

Upcoming patch will get

• tutorial will be added for testing

Meh. Rather see an update to the user interface than a tutorial. 

4 hours ago, admin said:
  • all npc ships will become capturable (with special debuff making them useless in pvp but still keeping the great quality for pve)

Okay I like this.

4 hours ago, admin said:
  • a minor change to crafting

Goooooooo on.....

4 hours ago, admin said:
  • thickness and hp changes of all vessels and final speed change slightly reducing max speed for all base vessels (that captains can adjust through upgrades)

Why not adjust the upgrades? Tweak them to where they only give little bonuses rather than significant ones.

4 hours ago, admin said:
  • copper city or cities

Good.

4 hours ago, admin said:
  • frigate epic event

Slam dunk!

What I would like to see:

1) Updating the battle ratings of all the ships. Would not be bothered if a ship wipe occurs. 

2) Change what Victory Marks and PvP Marks can purchase. 

3) Tweak all upgrades similar to the tweaks made to the upgrades in the recent hotfix. 

4) changes or removal to reinforcement zones.

Perhaps it is time for combat news to (ideally) say something like "Farrago in a Wasa sank Pirate Joe Blow in a Rookie Brig" or at least say "Farrago in a Wasa sank a Pirate Rookie Brig".

Let folks get known for their exploits or exploitation.

• Like 4

Aren't hostility missions going to be really weird when you can roll in with dirt-cheap 1st rates? Accomplished quickly, low-risk, and even if a defense force shows up I wish good luck to those who think taking on a 1st rate fleet - sails or not - is going to be an easy task.

16 minutes ago,  Aegir said:

Aren't hostility missions going to be really weird when you can roll in with dirt-cheap 1st rates? Accomplished quickly, low-risk, and even if a defense force shows up I wish good luck to those who think taking on a 1st rate fleet - sails or not - is going to be an easy task.

Perhaps add those missions to the list with a minimum ship BR can enter.

• Like 1

@admin

Why do you need to make one ships that shabby?

You could just as well make them good ships (even the masts, yes), only capable of attacking AI, but if attacked they should be as good as player build ones (without granting rewards to people who sink them).

Why do I suggest this!?

Because I would hate to sail ships that mich inferior to the ones PvPers have - it just feels completely wrong!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

@admin

You could just as well make them good ships (even the masts, yes), only capable of attacking AI, but if attacked they should be as good as player build ones (without granting rewards to people who sink them).

Why do I suggest this!?

Because I would hate to sail ships that mich inferior to the ones PvPers have - it just feels completely wrong!

Just make it totally uninteresting for pvpler to attack pve ships because they offer nothing even no loot. Make them pleasureships just for causals. If you want to interfere with eco etc. switch to pvp ships.

4 hours ago, H2O said:

PBs controlled by clans and clans reject any useless ships and players. Think what you are writing I thought you know this. If you bring NPC capped ship to PB you will see rotten tomatoes fly in your face. Port battles use only the best and most active ships and players. Bringing NPC capped ship to PB with paper thin masts will jeopardize the whole operation and you will be called a traitor. SO, just leave it be and let new guys enjoy this smart new feature. 

Capturing NPC ships is a big + to all who left the game and enjoyed safe game environment. Guys who like to just go pop few fleets and go do Econ can no longer care about being sunk and loose everything. 

Yet I seen tons of port battles in the past, not so much with the new BR system where people brough nothing but trashed store bought ships to a port battle and than wonder why they lost.  So maybe you should think things through a bit more. I got a lot of port battles under my belt from GLOBAL/PvP2 serve.   Never say folks won't do anything, cause believe me folks will do it.   Specially folks so worried about loosing pixels won't bring there best ships all the time.  

Not to mention the use of them in screening fleets.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Most cutters without the recently killed flags are carrying something interesting if they are commandeered by rear admirals.

This is why we should have basic cutters like POTBS had fallback ships. You can't use them unless you are out of all your combat ships.  With the new telport to outpost afteryour sunk optoin there is no need to use a ship to get back to a friendly outpost. Once you get back to that outpost you can than just telport to one that has a ship.  Basic Cutters should be locked to new players under a certain rank or players with zero ships (combat ships not trade ships) in there docks.  It's still being abused to by non new players.   This is why when I see RA's in Basic Cutters I'll send a char out in a Prince and sink them.  The problem is they get sent back to closes friendly port even if not an outpost and just jump into another basic cutter and return with no risk or worries since it's a free ship.

you cant enter the pb with BR of 1. Minimum requirement is above 40 i believe. You also cannot attack a player with the BR of 1. BUT YOU CAN attack any NPC fleet. 

As long as we can still attack them, but I don't like the min or no reward cause they will still be abused like basic cutters, but now they have a big ship they can bring in with some one else tagging and fire ship it as it's no lost to them as it was a free captured ship.  So unless they are locked out of PvP fights unless some one tags them, as in they can't even join them after they start than it's going to get abused.

cant be done
except for point 4, which is fine because the such shabby support ship will only support until the first shot into the masts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

@admin

Why do I suggest this!?

i agree..

well i hope it is only for testing 

like admin said ......

i would ask myself every mile.... why am i sailing this  crap

navalus magnus it does not only feels wrong ...it is wrong ........if you look at it in a equal competition

i just don't see the point of this

sorry but .. i believe this is not the way 

we have to go in session on this one..

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Когда же вас уже перестанет колбасить-то? Наймите уже гейм-дизайнера что ли... Вы можете простым русским языком описать, как должна будет "работать" ваша игра?

Хватит десятка предложений.

Сейчас я вижу следующее: инвестор (И) дает программерам (П) задание:

(И): сделайте так, чтобы не уходили пве игроки.

(П): куда еще шоколаднее то? реинфорс зоны,  ресурсы какие хочешь в любом количестве, золото рекой, крафт без ограничений, экспа в зеленке без ограничений, захват кораблей, из-за низкой популяции даже ценных деревьев можно хапнуть запросто.

(И): а вот уходят судя по статистике, поэтому сделайте

И программеры ищут, как при минимуме человеко часов сделать жизнь пве игрока еще шоколаднее, засу спрятав традиционное свое "это убьет пвп" куда подальше.
Только ищут совсем не там. Заставлять PVEшера топить годами одни и те же корабли в одном и том же месте без риска утонуть и без необходимости собирать пачку со специализациями это издевательство над пве. Эпики тоже разнообразием не отличаются, плюс еще лутать надо как-то против ветра, под огнем, а тут еще снос.

Практически все, что пока есть в игре в плане гейм-дизайна сп позаимствовано в PotBS. И не факт, что это был сильно успешный проект.

В успешных - либо куча пве контента, которые сочиняла/рисовала/рендерила толпа разработчиков, либо выверенный баланс. Либо аутентичность до мелочей для гиков.

Это я к тому, что без гейм дизайнера вам не обойтись. Пока я вижу только программистов, изобретающих очередной костыль или если хотите гвоздь. В крышку. Ну вы поняли.

Закон жанра прост как мир:
Низкие риски == низкий фарм и медленная прокачка. И наоборот.
Док в портах с ценными ресурсами для всей нации == убийство RvR.
Зеленые зоны для новичков.

Хотите простых решений - оставьте в реинфорсе миссии не выше 4 ранга  без ограничения на класс корабля и разрешите док в порты с ценными ресурсами только френдли кланам тикера владельца порта. Увидите, как изменится сервер. Я бы рекомендовал в таком случае добавить больше информации игроку, типа "чужие мачты на горизонте", панельку с контактами в ОМ. 

Соединить ужа с ежом - пожалуйста: реинфорс зона захватываемого порта содержится пвп игроками, убийства в радиусе порта поддерживают реинфорс зону, со временем она падает. При убийствах защитников падает быстрее. В зоне доступны все миссии, вплоть до 1 ранга, накликивать не надо, все миссии рядом с городом. Если убивать ну совсем некого - клан или их френды выходят в патрулирование. Это как ПБ, только в море и без кругов. О событии знает весь сервер, клан назначает его на удобное для себя время. Вышли, постояли 30 минут, никто не приехал - выиграли. Подрались всех утопили - выиграли. Утонули - проиграли, пробегали на фрегатах - ничья, считай зря сходили. Успех операции значительно продляет время действия реинфорс зоны, при фейле она падает. Все, кто поддерживают реинфорс зону получают свою долю от налога на все миссии, которые в ней сделаны. Можно продлить время действия реинфорс зоны какой-нибудь платиной за реал, голдой (очень дорого).
Да, это сложно, да нужен специальный человек, который будет это балансировать. Но это шаг к балансу пвп/пве на сервере.

Надо много подписчиков - выкупайте франшизу корсаров, добирайте коллектив, рисуйте интерфейс, города, миссии, сюжеты, совместное прохождение  и народу у вас тут будет 10К, ибо движок шикарен. А ползуночки бесконечные и костылики это топтание на месте. Сделанную игру можно шлифовать, тут шлифовать пока нечего, надо игру делать.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Seems like BR1 will actually break a lot more things than it will create
This means that only crafting will change slightly - ship capture will remain as it is now

Oh no. I was actually looking forward to that. I imagine it could solve some problems for us british players, as newer/poorer players might be able to make money faster in a RA Mission with a captured first rate and at the same time get some first experience with ships of the line. I know a lot of newer players who are terribly afraid of losing their expensive crafted or even gifted SoL's and could very hardly afford replacing it, even more so if they are not currently in a clan, which also does not guarantee replacement with the vic marks being so rare these days. (also finding a clan as a PvE focused player can be hard). I hope you will find another way to implement this feature. Maybe they could join fleet practice with captured SoL's which would be fun and teach them how to fight other Players and prepare them for PB's

3 minutes ago, Jane Kennedy said:

Oh no. I was actually looking forward to that. I imagine it could solve some problems for us british players, as newer/poorer players might be able to make money faster in a RA Mission with a captured first rate and at the same time get some first experience with ships of the line. I know a lot of newer players who are terribly afraid of losing their expensive crafted or even gifted SoL's and could very hardly afford replacing it, even more so if they are not currently in a clan, which also does not guarantee replacement with the vic marks being so rare these days. (also finding a clan as a PvE focused player can be hard). I hope you will find another way to implement this feature. Maybe they could join fleet practice with captured SoL's which would be fun and teach them how to fight other Players and prepare them for PB's

the problems it will create and will require to solve outweighs the benefits. Regarding costs of the fleets. There are trade runs that make 3mln and even more per run and they cover the cost of a good sized fleet if they are crafted.  

1 hour ago, admin said:

This means that only crafting will change slightly - ship capture will remain as it is now

And, just for sake of curiosity, how will craft "slightly" change?

Edited by victor

8 minutes ago, rediii said:

First thing in pvp/pbs is that you should get used to losing stuff

PvE players will allways lose against pvp players you saw that yesterday in wiliams bay.

If you cant replace sol's for pvp go into the bahamas and sail shallowships. You learn the most in small ships anyway.

Basically yea, personally i find PvP in shallow ships much more dynamic and fun anyway, but each player has their own preferences. Me, my friendlist is filled with players I helped ranking up and supplying ships - and I saw a lot of them slowly quitting after they lost their first ships to an ambush by other players. At least some ships should be capturable again, for example 4th rates. Also let's be honest, ships captured from NPC's aren't that good anyway, mostly Oak/Crewspace or such

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Unbelievable, I am out. Your professionalism is impressing me. 

3 hours ago, admin said:

Thanks for listening before making a decision.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

If you cant replace sol's for pvp go into the bahamas and sail shallowships. You learn the most in small ships anyway.

That's condemning most of the server population to not to participate in RvR, which is bad.

A good solution would be to:

• have a single universal all-round RvR and PvE 1st-rate available to everyone, but:
  • give players an option to buy more customized ships with VM's (those that are not current meta, just more interesting ones).

Right now the VM system is broken anyway - some small nations already farm alt accounts to get huge amounts of PvP marks, others (like me) farm US and Pirates - and voluntarily exclude themselves from RvR. Some nations farm marks by setting staged battles. 2-3 nations have enough time to not to think about it at all and focus on RvR, having a huge advantage of available time.

VM system failed. The result of introduction of VM's is that:

•  there's less RvR (eg. Poland stopped doing RvR, many nations stage battles to get marks instead of engaging in RvR)
  • VM's still don't drive nations to wars. Cartagena does. VM's only cause port-swaps.
  • Barriers for RvR increased with introduction of VM - not everyone can do this
  • There are more pointless empty port swaps
  • There's more imbalance between nations - some have free VM's, others have to loose time getting them
  • Game became more complex, with no real added value in return. This is bad for new players.

ps. before someone tells me "you can deal with it" - sure, I've already dealt with it. I get 2-3 VM's from a mercenary alt account, 20-40 PvP marks daily from fights, and I could buy a 1st rate every day due to gold I get for trading stuff noone else trades. Still, most people WON'T deal with it.

Edited by vazco

6 minutes ago, vazco said:

Thanks for listening before making a decision.

That's condemning most of the server population to not to participate in RvR, which is bad.

A good solution would be to:

• have a single universal all-round RvR and PvE 1st-rate available to everyone, but:
  • give players an option to buy more customized ships with VM's (those that are not current meta, just more interesting ones).

Right now the VM system is broken anyway - some small nations already farm alt accounts to get huge amounts of PvP marks, others (like me) farm US and Pirates - and voluntarily exclude themselves from RvR. Some nations farm marks by setting staged battles. 2-3 nations have enough time to not to think about it at all and focus on RvR, having a huge advantage of available time.

•  there's less RvR (eg. Poland stopped doing RvR, many nations stage battles to get marks instead of engaging in RvR)
  • There's more imbalance between nations - some have free VM's, others have to loose time getting them
  • Game became more complex, with no real added value in return. This is bad for new players.

ps. before someone tells me "you can deal with it" - sure, I've already dealt with it. I get 2-3 VM's from a mercenary alt account, 20-40 PvP marks daily from fights, and I could buy a 1st rate every day due to gold I get for trading stuff noone else trades. Still, most people WON'T deal with it.

Is less RvR bad for the sake of more pvp?

the 3 top nation have to play in order to stay top 3. the other have to play to get pvp marks. All are busy. While without VM marks like now  nobody has a real reason to be online. Even rediii came back to the game:D

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Just now, z4ys said:

Is less RvR bad for the sake of more pvp?

For me personally - no, I like it, at least for now.

VM's didn't increase PvP though. They just reduced RvR (at least it's epic part, 25 vs 25 1st rate battles).

For the game overall I think it's bad that there's a bigger barrier to enter RvR. It's cutting out a large part of content for a large number of players.

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Pretty well summed up. I can't fathom why they brought it back anyways, despite the fact the we even had it before and it failed hard.

5 minutes ago, vazco said:

For me personally - no, I like it, at least for now.

VM's didn't increase PvP though. They just reduced RvR (at least it's epic part, 25 vs 25 1st rate battles).

For the game overall I think it's bad that there's a bigger barrier to enter RvR. It's cutting out a large part of content for a large number of players.

The only barrier I see that the last cant take on the top. Which is fine. Make your progress through the ranks. The current system promotes even nation fights. Its more rewarding for the top 3 to fight each other than stomp a small one. Whats wrong is  that it can be even more rewarding to make deals between euqal nations

Edited by z4ys