Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

Anyway after reading all this here are some suggestions to @admin on how to fine tune this upcoming patch. 

Important

1. Notification system - notifies all players of hostile activities around ports. If hostility is rising players must know that. This will fix many problems and will give defenders time to act and gather forces to strike back. 

2. Hostility teleport - only available if your port is under attack. Has 2 free teleports to any friendly (under attack) port with an outpost. This can also eliminate problem with 'there is no time to defend our port'. So, if your port with outpost is under attack you can jump there and defend it. This will force attacker to have 2 groups one that will guard their fleet group and another one is so called fleet group that will be raising hostility. Defender task will be to eliminate defending fleet first and then sink Hostility Fleet (Rates). 

These 2 are very important features and must be in game before you deploy the patch. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

Anyway after reading all this here are some suggestions to @admin on how to fine tune this upcoming patch. 

Important

1. Notification system - notifies all players of hostile activities around ports. If hostility is rising players must know that. This will fix many problems and will give defenders time to act and gather forces to strike back. 

2. Hostility teleport - only available if your port is under attack. Has 2 free teleports to any friendly (under attack) port with an outpost. This can also eliminate problem with 'there is no time to defend our port'. So, if your port with outpost is under attack you can jump there and defend it. This will force attacker to have 2 groups one that will guard their fleet group and another one is so called fleet group that will be raising hostility. 

These 2 are very important features and must be in game before you deploy the patch. 

Wow, those are great suggestions. Where have you been all these months? I vaguely remember your name.

5 hours ago, rediii said:

Will there be any change regarding hostilityupdates?

Most of the time you notice that someone is doing hostility too late because it doesnt get updated often. Any chance there is a national anncouncement ornsomething when it reaches 25%?

The problem is when the enemy  make 4 mission at same time. I think we have then lots of empty pbs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

Bad suggestions.

1. was suggested many many times

2. leads to a too big advantage to attacker so he can only attack with 25

Based on calculations it has a better success rate compared to what we have now or will have when merge happens. Implementing theses two features will increase and later benefit further changes and adjustments to game mechanics. There is nothing else I can suggest that will improve action. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

Hostilities in general are just bad. You can set a port in 30 minutes flat and if done with a fleet of 25 you can never respond with 25 your own to prevent because AI takes up 10 slots.

Hate to say it but the old way of grinding OW AI and players was better, you had time to set up and prevent the port setting.

46 minutes ago, rediii said:

With no alliances it gets harder because not 1 of the 2 blocks has a US playerbase but 3 out of 11 will have a US playerbase

Clanbased only kills exploiting alts nothing else

And why do those nations not have multi clans of different times?   Maybe cause you run off any none EU players that try to play them.  Have you even tried recruit a clan?  Guess what I only seen a post by France so far, why do I not see any attempt by any of the PURE EU nations in getting none EU players to join?  I posted several times that my clan and prob most of the Pirates Clans and maybe some of the other GLOBAL players ( @Slim Jimmerson who is US said he wont) be going US or GB.  That means we are open to other nations.  Right now I'll be bluntly honest.  The way ya'll are posting and acting in this thread I have no desire to join your nation cause your in the last few post have resorted to name calling and just flat out saying it won't work without even trying. Why the hell would I want to protect your ports in off hours or even stay up or get on early to help you protect them in my off hours.  Which I do, I can be on and many others during EU time on the weekends.  We also can be on during SEA/AUS and US times.   Though you want to know what watching ya'lls actions in the post make me want to do?  Join a nation your not apart of and crush your nation.   

Maybe if you spent half the energy complaining and saying it not going to work on recruiting you might actually get those extra players you need to help out.  Honestly I have no plans to lead the clan to secretly take out any EU clans/nations.  Though we will prob attack a few ports to get some of our own since currently there is what zero Neutral ports on EU server for us to have when we move there, so we will have to take some ports from one nation or another to set up clan control areas.  Though you want to know something....>WE DON'T HAVE TO OWN ALL THE PORTS<   We just need a few of them for each clan/nation.  Maybe you guys need to look at what ports are important to you and defend those at all cost and let any of the none important ones go.

Now if any of the EU nations/clans would like to recruit some GLOBAL players we are more than welcome you to do so, but lets be very honest acting like nothing is going to work and blaming us for problems that haven't even happen yet will not and I REPEAT WILL NOT GET YOU ANY HELP FROM US.

My plans is to join a nation and fight other US/SEA/AUS players/clans/Nations and have fun and leave the EU clans/Nations to fight each other for the most part.  I'm pretty sure that is what others are planning too.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And why do those nations not have multi clans of different times?   Maybe cause you run off any none EU players that try to play them.  Have you even tried recruit a clan?  Guess what I only seen a post by France so far, why do I not see any attempt by any of the PURE EU nations in getting none EU players to join?  I posted several times that my clan and prob most of the Pirates Clans and maybe some of the other GLOBAL players ( @Slim Jimmerson who is US said he wont) be going US or GB.  That means we are open to other nations.  Right now I'll be bluntly honest.  The way ya'll are posting and acting in this thread I have no desire to join your nation cause your in the last few post have resorted to name calling and just flat out saying it won't work without even trying. Why the hell would I want to protect your ports in off hours or even stay up or get on early to help you protect them in my off hours.  Which I do, I can be on and many others during EU time on the weekends.  We also can be on during SEA/AUS and US times.   Though you want to know what watching ya'lls actions in the post make me want to do?  Join a nation your not apart of and crush your nation.   

Maybe if you spent half the energy complaining and saying it not going to work on recruiting you might actually get those extra players you need to help out.  Honestly I have no plans to lead the clan to secretly take out any EU clans/nations.  Though we will prob attack a few ports to get some of our own since currently there is what zero Neutral ports on EU server for us to have when we move there, so we will have to take some ports from one nation or another to set up clan control areas.  Though you want to know something....>WE DON'T HAVE TO OWN ALL THE PORTS<   We just need a few of them for each clan/nation.  Maybe you guys need to look at what ports are important to you and defend those at all cost and let any of the none important ones go.

Now if any of the EU nations/clans would like to recruit some GLOBAL players we are more than welcome you to do so, but lets be very honest acting like nothing is going to work and blaming us for problems that haven't even happen yet will not and I REPEAT WILL NOT GET YOU ANY HELP FROM US.

My plans is to join a nation and fight other US/SEA/AUS players/clans/Nations and have fun and leave the EU clans/Nations to fight each other for the most part.  I'm pretty sure that is what others are planning too.

We have a Clan with People from all over the World.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Im going to answer you because you are a bit tiring with the same bullshit.

We need ports because:

Rare woods, upgrades and silver&gold. Silver and gold are out of safe zones and you only get the rare woods by contrats. You can only set contracts if you own the dam port.

Those things granted you the ships you wanted for pvp and rvr.

Hope it helps.

Do you even craft?  I get the wood types, yes you need to control some of those ports or have friends that will leave them open for all for trade.  Hell we left Grand Turk open for the Teak and made a killing off it to pay for several other none profit ports.  Same with the shallow WO ports other clans held.  

As for silver or gold the reason I asked do you even craft is I have not had a silver or gold mine since wipe.   I have not bought silver or gold off any players that did.  I gotten all mine from Bottles and from doing Iron, Stone and other basic resources you can do around your capital that dropped enough for me to use them for furnishings and never having to run a mine of my own or buy them from others.  If your only source is through the mines your doing it wrong man.

That and maybe you need some better alliances to get those woods from other nations to get them to open up the ports for trade and not attack them.  Did you know a port that is open for all you can put contracts in?   Did you know you can set up your own buildings and produce in that port?  Maybe you should work on some diplomatic actions to get other nations to open ports up for trade.  It will make them a killing and pay from a lot of the cost of ports that will be even more come the merge with the port window option being a nice new cost added.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Join Russia. Check the map. We have some nice ports close to KPR and Belize to fight the brits who will probably have a good amount of players in your timezone. 

• Like 2

Just now, rediii said:

I dont play the game atm so unlike other players, like france, I will not lick any ass of a US based clan to join the nation im in. I point out that the mechanic is bad and thats it. Other players might accept it and bite the bullet and make a nice thread to get some US players but I wont

and this folks is exactly the attitude why they can't get players to join there nation and help.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Christoph said:

We have a Clan with People from all over the World.

And I have heard good things, see it works if your willing to work with others, but if your not than you get the exact reason these guys are crying.  They know they won't have support so they want it there way.  They refuse to play the game with others so instead they cry and than threaten to leave until they get thier way. 

5 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

Join Russia. Check the map. We have some nice ports close to KPR and Belize to fight the brits who will probably have a good amount of players in your timezone. 

It is one of the options that has come up so far.  France, Prussia  and Russia.   Oddly surprised Spain hasn't come up either.  We are trying to look at a nation that can use the US/SEA/AUS player base to try to balance things out better as we know GB is going to be the main target of our time zones of players.  We honestly aren't even really looking at the east side of the map as we figure leave that to the EU only clans/nations to fight each other.

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It is one of the options that has come up so far.  France, Prussia  and Russia.   Oddly surprised Spain hasn't come up either.  We are trying to look at a nation that can use the US/SEA/AUS player base to try to balance things out better as we know GB is going to be the main target of our time zones of players.  We honestly aren't even really looking at the east side of the map as we figure leave that to the EU only clans/nations to fight each other.

Exactly this, glad we're somewhat on the same page. My concern is the colonial nations end up being a failed mechanic, as they can get completely destroyed as soon as they start poking the bear, but can't really do anything even remotely as significant against normal nations. Yeah a challenge is always fun, but if the challenge only applies to you then idk its too much. Would've much prefered if the devs decided to make a few easy nation and the rest hard instead of a few hard and the rest easy.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

11 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Exactly this, glad we're somewhat on the same page. My concern is the colonial nations end up being a failed mechanic, as they can get completely destroyed as soon as they start poking the bear, but can't really do anything even remotely as significant against normal nations. Yeah a challenge is always fun, but if the challenge only applies to you then idk its too much. Would've much prefered if the devs decided to make a few easy nation and the rest hard instead of a few hard and the rest easy.

Yah and I'm kinda burned out playing the nation every one on the server hates so I think other than leaving one alt pirate for days when I just want to do solo hunting or not log in my main (whole reason I have one active char on EU that none of my clan mates know of) I'm not thinking of staying pirates.  I'm also sure you know of other reasons why I refuse to return back to US lol

Oh and I was going to comment the other day about how we keep seeing the same view on topics, but than that might get us back to bickering at each other again lol

17 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

LOL. Failed mechanic is more like magic safe zones - belive me when you like pvp or you want learn it new nations is best place to do so. Problem is people always going for easy win same time showing they not got balls. If you read patch notes on Caribbean Invasion you should know that new nations despite have no capital neither safe zones can rebuild from freeport or just stay as a privateering fleet even when they lose all ports. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

LOL. Failed mechanic is more like magic safe zones - belive me when you like pvp or you want learn it new nations is best place to do so. Problem is people always going for easy win same time showing they not got balls. If you read patch notes on Caribbean Invasion you should know that new nations despite have no capital neither safe zones can rebuild from freeport or just stay as a privateering fleet even when they lose all ports. 

That why when I mention about port wipes and some Russian nation guy said they have warehouse in Kidd's area why would they have to loos that I so wanted to respond back, "Well shouldn't pick a nation that doesn't have a capital and maybe put your warehouse in a freeport."   

They honestly need some privateer mechanics so a clan that might be say Polish or some other nation can privateer for another nation/clan