Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

Just now, Comeonche said:

But Clans could put the defence timer in the middle of the night, forcing their ennemies to nightflips! And this will totally break the game !!! 

On our EU serveur we spend good time with only evening port battle. It Washington so good. No need to go bed toi late, no need to wake up early. 

It's Just a game !!!! No players want to be forced to play it in the night or early morning to attack or défend à port. 

Simple solution, don't try to game the system by putting your defense timer at 3am.
Play the game properly and you won't get your ass bitten off and handed back to you.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Comeonche said:

But Clans could put the defence timer in the middle of the night, forcing their ennemies to nightflips! And this will totally break the game !!! 

On our EU serveur we spend good time with only evening port battle. It Washington so good. No need to go bed toi late, no need to wake up early. 

It's Just a game !!!! No players want to be forced to play it in the night or early morning to attack or défend à port. 

It's just a game so calm down and stop with your elitist "our server bullshit"

Just now, rediii said:

No because im in the EU timezone there are enough people playing there. There are not enough in global to populate all nations though.

So you lose a port and never get it back except you are US/GB or whatever nation BLACK joins. Nice gameplay.

Global is trying to coordinate to avoid this. If global players pick 2 nations to join then we have people to fight in our time, and won't interfere too heavily in EU conflicts.

On the other hand set your timers properly and no one gets f***** over. There will be dedicated people attacking what is your 9pm port and our 3am port, but you can do the same if you just stay up a bit later. It's a fair system

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

No because im in the EU timezone there are enough people playing there. There are not enough in global to populate all nations though.

So you lose a port and never get it back except you are US/GB or whatever nation BLACK joins. Nice gameplay.

are you telling me that E.U people don't want to fight late during the weekend and that you have no players that can fight during time? and to second that you misunderstood my point in order for a U.S timezoned group to take a port from you they would have to do this in YOUR timezone and that means staying up or starting very early so IT'S THE SAME THING

Edited by amplify
and that's where i will leave it i will fight you on the ocean and not here
  • Like 1

Just now, amplify said:

It's just a game so calm down and stop with your elitist "our server bullshit"

It's not elitist It's à reality !!!! 

We are happy to have more players coming on the Eu  serveur. 

But in the past we have lots of problem about attack or defend port with night defence timer. Some nation exploited this shit. 

We solve this problem with the EU server. It was perfect. But devs decided tout end it, without asking EU serveurs players. They chose without asking their community of players. It's wrong wrong wrong 

WHY COME BACK TO THE PAST ???? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amplify said:

are you telling me that E.U people don't want to fight late during the weekend and that you have no players that can fight during time? and to second that you misunderstood my point in order for a U.S timezoned group to take a port from you they would have to do this in YOUR timezone and that means staying up or starting very early so IT'S THE SAME THING

EU server population about midnight (GMT) is max 200 people. Nobody apart "no-lifes" will do RvR at 4 AM - why this is so hard to understand?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Remember your comment once a EU clan asks you to defend their port they defend with a timer against a eu nation

Nope read my comment again.

EU GB vs EU PR

GB wins, sets time to US

PR has no US playerbase

PR is hello kittyed. demotivated without end. RvR players realize its a farce and leave

PR stays up late  night BR can't properly defend problem solved is it really that hard?

Just now, rediii said:

Stop editing your hello kittying posts.

I just described it. Its not the same for GB and PR in this example and it will happen, you can say what you want here. What can happen will happen and thats something that already happened

mmh... insulting me that's something people do when they are losing, not real nice of you but then again i propably should have known.

anyway i'll see ya when i sink ya

11 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

I'm strongly considering rerolling nations. US with the new safezones is basically a PVE nation completely safe from any attack which is just a no-no for anyone who plays this game for the PVP/RVR aspect.

It'll either be France to fight the infamous svverg, or maybe pirates. But US/GB should be avoided for anyone global players this time around who want serious PVP.

By all means stay away from GB. Right now the gankers are flowing in to be slaughtered and I like this. If we get too many global pvpers, pvp may dry up again and I'll have to start sailing around looking for it :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

To attack a port on a US primetime we have to be awake during our night, so we dont sleep.

In the meantime, if a US clan want to attack a EU port they can do in their afternoon.

Fair, isnt it?

Valid point here. I don`t mind fight against everybody in this game but for sure not at 4am. No danger.

The only fair rvr system must be based on a régional time. 

If US player put à defence timer on their evening, nobody from EU or Asia  can attack it

If Asian player put à defence timer on their evening, nobody from US and EU can attack it. 

This system could work good if all nation were composed by equal percentage of players from different countries. 

But we know It's not possible. There will always have à nation which hasard more US player, an other with more EU player...... 

RvR will ne totally broken again........ 

We will see large fleets of players leaving the game again...... 

• Like 1

Again, I don't see how nightflips are a problem when they're always 100% going to be set during the defenders prime time (as long as you don't set it to your 3am)

This is what I see as fair with this system.

-GB has US/EUplayers, PR has just EU.

-Pirates set their port to 9pm EU and 3am US time.

-Either the EU can attack EU at their EU time, or US can attack EU at their 3am time. Either way the battle falls on the EU prime time.

Now if US want to attack an EU port, they have to go out of their way to stay up to do so.

If EU wants to attack an US port, they do the same.

How is this not fair if both sides have to do the same thing? Having both US/EU players doesn't matter, as the timer will always fall on the defenders side whether it be EU prime or US prime.

edit: Ok didn't take into account that timezones aren't perfect, and a 9pm EU can be a 3pm US while a 9pm US can be a 4am EU.

US have slight advantage in that sense but take into consideration work/school a 3pm US is still considered off-time on any day besides weekend, which anything goes on the weekend imo

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

10 minutes ago, amplify said:

during the weekends? stop being funny

Even when we are in week-end nobody in EU want to have to play in the middle of the night !!!!!! 

After  midnight I go to my bed !!!! Like 90% of eu players !! 

We all have IRL obligations , family, work..... 

Can someone explain to me why "having ports" even matters anymore?  Seriously.  I mean, with the new distribution of resources and ridiculously huge "Safe Zones", what is the point of hostility and "Port Battles"?  You can easily make anything you need nowadays.  Hell, if we cn play as Prussians from exclusively Freetowns, then whats the problem.

If you want huge, first rate fleet actions, get out there in the OW during prime time and have a show of force.  Hell, its easier to arrange those than a PB and no worrying about "nightflips".  If a enemy is strong enough to fight you in a PB, then they should be strong enough to fight you in the OW.

For all those heroes who say that they want huge, always open battles, put your money where your mouths are.

Is it the battles you want or just the dots?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

EU server population about midnight (GMT) is max 200 people. Nobody apart "no-lifes" will do RvR at 4 AM - why this is so hard to understand?

So, add about another 150 us players that makes a somewhat healthy 300-400 ppl to do light pvp and activities during late hours. Also, clans will adjust to the best rvr hours to maintain healthy numbers in PBs. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

6 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Can someone explain to me why "having ports" even matters anymore?  Seriously.  I mean, with the new distribution of resources and ridiculously huge "Safe Zones", what is the point of hostility and "Port Battles"?  You can easily make anything you need nowadays.  Hell, if we cn play as Prussians from exclusively Freetowns, then whats the problem.

If you want huge, first rate fleet actions, get out there in the OW during prime time and have a show of force.  Hell, its easier to arrange those than a PB and no worrying about "nightflips".  If a enemy is strong enough to fight you in a PB, then they should be strong enough to fight you in the OW.

For all those heroes who say that they want huge, always open battles, put your money where your mouths are.

Is it the battles you want or just the dots?

Maybe because RvR is a end game? We got great PB here on EU so far even with small playerbase. OW massive PvP is great as well but without this thrill to taking something (read ports) of your enemy. Plus we got tactics, forts, mortar brigs, screening and all other stuff bonded to it. "Trafalgars" were great but we have to progress...

4 minutes ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

So, add about another 150 us players that makes a somewhat healthy 300-400 ppl to do light pvp and activities during late hours. Also, clans will adjust to the best rvr hours to maintain healthy numbers in PBs. 

You not counting here people from EU who gonna quit after this merge or zero their RvR activity. US players can get more players afternoon than EU at 3-4 am. Im sure of that.

Need a "Carribean" server map reset with this merge so the clans being moved from Global have the same opportunity to capture some neutral OPs without having to be at the mercy of owning nations 2 hour PB window, which will very obviously be set to benefit their prime time. This is only fair, since it is how all clans began under this new conquest model.

Honestly, it will all work out. Ive been limited to EU port battles on weekends for over a year now. Half my clan are EU players and they play late. An early US port battle is around 10 or 11 pm EU time. We are becoming a global civilization, and nations and clans will need to make sure they are truly global in order to survive. Most games don't cater to time zones at all, and doing so  has caused plenty of trouble. 

Edited by Malachy
  • Like 3