Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

Hi there, 

Generally I don't like the possiblity that if PB-Timeslot is e.g. 4-6 p.m. a big clan/alliance can create short time before that time the hostility and very next time the PB-Fleet is attacking. 
Personally I would prefer a minimum timeslot of e.g. 22 hours before PB can start. (taking care for possible PB-Timeslot set by defender)

To be honest  I am not that big RVR/PVP player and are most time active in PVE. Others will have a more important opinion on this. 

But this isn't the point of my question. 
Some noticed that setting PB Timeslot for each port will become expensive. 

How and when will the attacking Nation notice that a port-timer is set and will get the detailed times?  Was there an information given?
If this time-slot is unknown before hostility has succesfully been generated the defender has 2 advantages:

• he can "bet" on ports that will not be attacked and save the port timer money (With the risk to be wrong in the opinion that this port is not interesting for anyone)
  • Without  a Spy and that information the attacker cannot easily plan a "2 wave" attack. (Hostility first and then direct PB)

Valid question?

Nikodemus

12 hours ago, Archaos said:

What nightflips, you set your port defence times to your prime time, how can you be nightflipped then?

Using à défense timer cost 100k per port and per Day 

Only the biggest clans could spend this money for that. 

If you have 10 port, It's 1 million per Day to protect tour ports...... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Maybe those clans which spend more then they make should drop a few ports. It would allow the Global people to have outposts of their own and would make more sense. 1 clan shouldn't really be able to hold 40 ports unless they are willing to pay for it.

Yep I would hope some of the EU clans will do this drop some ports and let other time zone nation/clans take them over.   Really wish there was a way same nation clans can trade a port to anouther clan of the same nation

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Comeonche said:

Using à défense timer cost 100k per port and per Day 

Only the biggest clans could spend this money for that. 

If you have 10 port, It's 1 million per Day to protect tour ports...... 

This is an excellent step one.  Step two should be exponentially increasing costs.

• Like 3

Just to get this discussion out of the way:

18 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Flaw wih your logic:

Side A: Clan in Aussie TZ with nation ally in EU tz

Side B: Clan in EU tz with only EU clans in nation.

Side A takes port via Eu ally, places it on AUS tz. Side B cannot attack due to work/school/sleep. Port become untakable for any players with reasonable life schedules. 

It just doesn't work.

10 minutes ago, Atreides said:

That sounds like a problem for team B to work on, not a reason to throw blocks in front of team A.  Team B should really try to make friends outside of it's timezone, if they don't... their own fault.

8 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

And that mentality almost killed PVP EU the first time around. Not because people didn't try to make friends, it was because the other TZ didn't want to to unfriend others. And then the nightflipping begins. PVP Carribean will get the same fate as global, and then the NA players blame the devs. My prediction at least. Give it a couple of months.\

We all know why PVP Global ended. It was because most don't want to make new friends/join new nations. ( @Christendom, I said most! <3)

Discuss.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:32 AM, rediii said:

admins dropped the idea of regional servers so if the server is full in a special timezone there will be a 2nd global server I guess

They did say on release they were looking at an Asian server to cover the Oceania region.

23 hours ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Just to get this discussion out of the way:

Discuss.

So if things start happening as you predict, then push the Devs to bring in a mechanic that restricts which clans can participate in each others port battles, make it more clan warfare like they originally planned when they were talking about introducing port ownership. If as in your example Clan A cannot defend for clan B then their only other option is to merge clans and have a single clan with multiple timezone members. If the maximum size of the clan was then limited a mixed timezone clan would then struggle to field their strongest team at any one timezone making them weaker. There are ways round the problem that you suggest without separating the server.

Sometimes when I read the forums I think most of us are kids.

Nearly every change that was made in the last 18 months is mainly commented in a destructive and often aggressive way. It is a shame for all users and players what happens in this forum. Naval Action is an "early access game". The devs are open minded and gives us the possibility to comment changes.

Guys tell me, and be honest, are there many other comapanies were they player community has such a large forum and such a dialog. 

"...stick your game where it will bleed" and other insults are not tolerable! Nor between players neither to devs. Calm down and only write what you allow others to write on you.

Live changes and also Naval Action. Test and reply afterwards in a fair comment.

Edited by HamBlower
grammar mistake
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

this will be different. the usa player base is now divided and separated among many of the nations and bridges will not be able to be rebuilt. 

As of yesterday we found out we were all looking at France. Vive la liberté

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aegir said:

Only if every single port has the paid-for defence timer.

To put that in perspective, that's 2.4 - 7.5 mil daily to avoid getting flipped. And on top of that, in the current state, 7 out of the 11 nations operate at a loss, 2 just about break even, and 2 make a decent profit.

And even then, let's look at the creme de a creme at the present, Sweden, making 39 mil per week. Their cost if they want to avoid getting nightflipped? 37 mil. That's right folks, if you're at the absolute top of the server making a massive profit, you'd might just barely break even.

Enjoy the PvE grinding folks :D

No one says you have to own that many ports, however if  you do own lots then you pick the most important ones and pay for a timer in your prime time.

Edited by Fletch67
  • Like 1

The Admin stated

All assets from the Global server will be transferred to the EU server

In a later post he stated .

the majority of assets from the Global server will be transferred to the EU server.

Please clarify sir, what are the minority that will not be transferred.

Edited by Diver1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Diver1 said:

The Admin stated

the majority of assets from the Global server will be transferred to the EU server.

Pls clarify sir what are the minority that will not be transferred.

Couldn't agree more mate

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

So if things start happening as you predict, then push the Devs to bring in a mechanic that restricts which clans can participate in each others port battles, make it more clan warfare like they originally planned when they were talking about introducing port ownership. If as in your example Clan A cannot defend for clan B then their only other option is to merge clans and have a single clan with multiple timezone members. If the maximum size of the clan was then limited a mixed timezone clan would then struggle to field their strongest team at any one timezone making them weaker. There are ways round the problem that you suggest without separating the server.

We all ready did this on GLOBAL.  We have clans that are SEA/AUS only, we have clans that are US only.  We have clans that are around the clock.  While numbers might not be high in some areas.  BLACK had players from all time zones though EU was very week time.   So we did most of our play during the US and SEA times for battles.  If we are in a nation with a friendly EU clan we could cover there protection in these other time zones.  

6 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Define all...

I think he's meaning some of the pirate leaders where talking and it was one of the nations that came up more than once.   Though I'm not going to comment on which nation until we have a proper metting between my clan members and than with the other Pirates.   As for the other nations no clue what they plan to do . I assume some of the big US and GB clans are going to just switch over to those two nations.  Which means we will be more than welcome to join a nation that is willing to fight them....you know old habits are heard to break after all.  Though really with pirates being nothing special I think a lot of us are talking about picking a nation and joining them.  We will prob have some hard core guys that will stay pirates (I plan to keep one alt Pirate that has been pirates since day one on EU).  As for any other nation or clan we can't really speak for them yet and I don't think it's a time to make any calls until we get more info about what is going on EU and when this is going to happen.

• Like 1

@admin Is there going to be any ETA when we plan to do this merge?  I know a lot of us are all ready planing to get the clan stuff in order and ready for the move and we are having meetings about what nations we might switch too, but all this doesn't mean anything if we don't know when it's going to happen. If it's next week we need to get things in order, if it's going to be at the end of the month than we can play on until the last week.   I mean I see now reason paying taxes or for ports that we won't need so I would love to drop a bunch of ports until the merge if we have an ETA and what not.  22 ports does a bit expensive to support if there is no reason to keep doing so.

• Like 1

Just now, Comeonche said:

@Barberougeyou should aware devs that if nightflips come back again. European players will leave massively the game.

We have fought hard on this forum to be protect from this shit

Now Devs troll us and we come back to the past....... Totally stupid 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

But why would they? If the defensive side can set the timer to their prime time then they'll never get the port taken under their nose, no?

1 minute ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

But why would they? If the defensive side can set the timer to their prime time then they'll never get the port taken under their nose, no?

The only legit complaint I seen is what if a multi time zone clan takes it and sets it in a time they can't get it back.  Well than it really wouldn't matter.  If you had it set in EU and your prime time is EU and you lost it you would of lost it any way.  I have no plans to be doing off time flips for ports that we won't be able to defend.  Maybe some clans need to dump some of there ports and let SEA/AU and US clans of the nations take them over.  

Not sure what you guys plan to do, but I assume stay US?  I know most of us on the pirate side are talking about going another nation, but for sure not US or GB.

22 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We all ready did this on GLOBAL.  We have clans that are SEA/AUS only, we have clans that are US only.  We have clans that are around the clock.  While numbers might not be high in some areas.  BLACK had players from all time zones though EU was very week time.   So we did most of our play during the US and SEA times for battles.  If we are in a nation with a friendly EU clan we could cover there protection in these other time zones.  

I think he's meaning some of the pirate leaders where talking and it was one of the nations that came up more than once.   Though I'm not going to comment on which nation until we have a proper metting between my clan members and than with the other Pirates.   As for the other nations no clue what they plan to do . I assume some of the big US and GB clans are going to just switch over to those two nations.  Which means we will be more than welcome to join a nation that is willing to fight them....you know old habits are heard to break after all.  Though really with pirates being nothing special I think a lot of us are talking about picking a nation and joining them.  We will prob have some hard core guys that will stay pirates (I plan to keep one alt Pirate that has been pirates since day one on EU).  As for any other nation or clan we can't really speak for them yet and I don't think it's a time to make any calls until we get more info about what is going on EU and when this is going to happen.

Great!! 

Less Pirates the better.

Real Pirates only wanted on EU server. We have far to many RVR 'Pirate Nation' players here already although lately pirate numbers have thinned out nicely as the nationals have clubbed Mortimer.

Devs please now is the time 

1. No ports for pirates.

2. No safe zone for pirates.

3. Raiding system.

RVR = Nationals and national wars etc.

Let pirates be pirates.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flash Jack said:

Great!! 

Less Pirates the better.

Real Pirates only wanted on EU server. We have far to many RVR 'Pirate Nation' players here already although lately pirate numbers have thinned out nicely as the nationals have clubbed Mortimer.

Devs please now is the time 

1. No ports for pirates.

2. No safe zone for pirates.

3. Raiding system.

RVR = Nationals and national wars etc.

Let pirates be pirates.

The former pirates clubbed Mortimer. Pretty much everyone clubbing Mortimer were former Aloha :P

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:
Just now, Malachy said:

The former pirates clubbed Mortimer. Pretty much everyone clubbing Mortimer were former Aloha :P

Yep. spot on.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

And thats the thing everyone is complaining about.

You lose 1 battle and thats it, no chance to get it back.

You win 1 battle and you better also win the next battles on the defending side because 1 mistake and you can say bye to your port

Like this the useless conquestsystem is getting even more useless.

this is not entirely true do since during the weekends the EU guys can easily attack/defend american time zoned ports and vice versa

and realisticly the weekends is where all the action happens anyway oh and yeah if you lose a battle you lose a port that's how it is and that's how it should be

Edited by amplify

18 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

But Clans could put the defence timer in the middle of the night, forcing their ennemies to nightflips! And this will totally break the game !!! 

On our EU serveur we spend good time with only evening port battle. It  was so good. No need to go bed too late, no need to wake up early. 

It's Just a game !!!! No players want to be forced to play it in the night or early morning to attack or défend à port. 

Edited by Comeonche
  • Like 3

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Not sure what you guys plan to do, but I assume stay US?  I know most of us on the pirate side are talking about going another nation, but for sure not US or GB.

I'm strongly considering rerolling nations. US with the new safezones is basically a PVE nation completely safe from any attack which is just a no-no for anyone who plays this game for the PVP/RVR aspect.

It'll either be France to fight the infamous svverg, or maybe pirates. But US/GB should be avoided for anyone global players this time around who want serious PVP.