Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:31 PM, admin said:

Captains. Please pay attention to the important announcement regarding the pvp servers

PVP EU will be renamed "Caribbean"

• PVP global will be closed down 
  • All assets from the PVP Global will be transferred to the redeemables tied to steam account including
    • combat and crafting xp
    • slot xp
    • knowledge books learnt
    • ships
    • money and monetary costs of buildings and outposts and dockyard slots
    • resources
    • clan warehouses are under review - we will try to merge them too to the officer who logged in last
  • Defence timers will come back: clans will set the 2-3 hour defense timer that will be used to set up port battles
  • Defence timers will cost 100k per day, clans can choose to not setup the defence timers if they choose to do so.
  • Next day port battles will be partially abandoned. Majority of port battles will start the same day from the hostility generation.
    • If you raise hostility before the defense timer port battle will start during the defense timer (which sometimes mean immediately)
      • you raise hostility at 2pm UTC 
      • defense timer is at 4-6pm UTC
      • Port battle will start today at 4pm UTC
        • if you raise hostility to 100 from 4 to 6 port battle will start immediately
    • if you raise hostility after the defense timer port battle will start the next day during the defense timer
      • you raise hostility at 8pm UTC
      • defense timer is at 4-6pm UTC
      • port battle will start at 4pm UTC the next day

TLDR: One world - one pvp server. 

Discuss.

dejavu????

Time to kill the game again??

• Like 3

7 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

King of Crowns... your tone and attitude to other players that don't kiss your ass is not needed nor wanted in this game. You should really consider dealing with your problems instead of seeking vengeance over what happened in a VIDEO GAME. All you show is a will to attack others that have somehow "harmed" you in a digital world. It's amazing your captains tolerate your behavior just to get that win.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I get what the EU pop is saying, they are afraid US players will set their defensive timers at unreasonable times for EU players to attack.  But as the global community is joining the EU server, they will have to take those ports first before they can set the timers.  So unless a large US pop (other than privateers like myself) play on EU, I don't see a big problem.  Just be ready to defend your important ports so they cannot be flipped and timers switched. I just feel bad for those that will have horrid ping. 

Not quite. This system is fairly similar to the old timers and flags, which in itself wasn't terrible in handling timezones. However, that system worked well mainly because it completely discouraged cross-timezone gameplay (just look back at the US either being one-ported by pirates when challenged or being the server runner-up while practically unheard of in terms of RvR presence).

So everyone setting defensive timers and timezones fighting similar timezones would be fine. The issue arises when timezones intermingle either through sheer size (GB) or through alliances (which is when things really got screwy because it happened on a server-wide scale, so forget ever seeing alliances again, which could've been a great addition for the EU server. Knowing the devs though, they'll probably reintroduce it anyways...).

- Protection window costs are basically a protection racket for something that should be freely chosen. Near-instant attacks on ports without windows are basically free stuff, and the "just keep a few ports you really like" kind of massive neutral port zones and border-gore is pretty bad, let alone how a conquest system that really discourages conquest (:rolleyes:) sounds an awful lot like a failed design.

- The concern isn't with homogenous nations (e.g. one nation has mostly US players, another has mostly EU players, if they want to fight they each have to go out of their way to do so), it is when they're combined - e.g. there's an EU-vs-EU nation/clan war going on, except one side has a US player presence so that every time they cap any port they set those timers just so that they won't have to bother defending at all, spoiling a decent war. Or just switch it to horrific timers with no intention whatsoever of actually defending.

And so it's back to the old troll timers, flipping of unprotected ports, instant attacks against people who are nowhere near, sitting in ports for 2-6 hours just in case something happens and so on.

Edited by Guest

Lets for a moment put the diffences away. When will we Call this merge a succes. At the moment there are around 150 global and 500 EU in there main time. So what numbers wil be a succes. My one min would say: global 400-500. EU at least dont loose players and hopefully get a number of 700 in main time.

I have take a look at timezones for EU main time. EU 18-23 makes USA 10-15 AUS 02-07. So I have trouble to see overlapning gametime. So where should the players in global timezone come from.

- players comming back to game.why should this make them do it.

- EU based player move there playtime. Look at the difference in time, dont think it will happen.

so where are the players comming from, that will make this merge a succes. And what happens if it insted kills of the Eu base.

17 minutes ago, staun said:

Lets for a moment put the diffences away. When will we Call this merge a succes. At the moment there are around 150 global and 500 EU in there main time. So what numbers wil be a succes. My one min would say: global 400-500. EU at least dont loose players and hopefully get a number of 700 in main time.

I have take a look at timezones for EU main time. EU 18-23 makes USA 10-15 AUS 02-07. So I have trouble to see overlapning gametime. So where should the players in global timezone come from.

- players comming back to game.why should this make them do it.

- EU based player move there playtime. Look at the difference in time, dont think it will happen.

so where are the players comming from, that will make this merge a succes. And what happens if it insted kills of the Eu base.

The purpose of this merge might not be to get all the players from Global to play with the players on EU at the same timeslot.

Even when it's not main time for the region there would still be players on.

For example it's 7pm AEST time, there are only 40 on global and 60 on EU. It's not their prime time, but combined that still comes out to 100.

Furthermore the OW will be influenced by more groups and these changes remain even when they're not on. It would add more to the game and how RvR or PvP is planned.

Another incentive to merge server could be reducing expenses for the Devs.

Edited by PenguPirate

(some) in-game nations will get Clans from all zones.

Other in-game nations will keep as they are. Unified by language and timezone. Restricting themselves.

There's some that understand that the clan is the community, not the nation. Others make the nation their club.

Time to move on and develop nations as in:

- common international english to attract as many round-earth earthlings as possible

- the Nation belongs to no one, but to all communities playing under its flag.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

(some) in-game nations will get Clans from all zones.

Other in-game nations will keep as they are. Unified by language and timezone. Restricting themselves.

There's some that understand that the clan is the community, not the nation. Others make the nation their club.

Time to move on and develop nations as in:

- common international english to attract as many round-earth earthlings as possible

- the Nation belongs to no one, but to all communities playing under its flag.

Stop, please, talking us about fairy tales and fantasy. Just look at facts.

The fact that some US clans feel entitled to ask gold or marks just to join a faction means that they have an objective advantage.

This means that all the bla bla about "defend" in your timezone and so on is just smoke in the eyes to hide the plain truth: 100 players from US server will dictate the rules of RvR for 500 EU players that had a happy and lively RvR on their own server.

This is enough for me to show how clueless was the choice of the devs to merge the servers.

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

Just now, Slim Jimmerson said:

only if you let them

oh ... how smart! It's not up to us, since the mechanics of the game create the advantage.

Anyway, we'll talk again about it when EU server will have sunk down to 100 (or 200) players population or when all map will be red or black.

Or .... better ... we will not talk, since I'm sure you will be able to find an excuse for blaming EU players also for that.

Edited by victor

there is no EU server, its the Caribbean server now muaahhahaha!

But seriously, US clans will be starting off with 0 ports and we'll have to fight at our off times to attack the already established EU ports. I get US players are the best players, but its gonna take more than a few hundred of us to overthrow the entire server. Of course that's IF you roll over and let us touch you sideways.

Isn't the map mostly blue right now?  Keep in mind the American players who stayed in the EU server simply because of pop size, coupled with the botched opening of the global server.  My clan has several members from Europe,  as well as Oceanic and American players.

Calm down, let's see how it goes.  If you are going to refuse to play against people from other time zones then just find a single player game and move on.  This is directed at anybody in general.  We will all be on the same server, welcome or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Man, you live in an alternate reality.

Thank you :)

I take that as a great compliment. I know I am not wrong after all this time of playing games with people from all over the world.

Redii, all good man. We do not share the same game culture.

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Me and many others made their experiences back in the nonrestricted days with the US playerbase and almost the same will happen again just that you cant get nightflipped but instead you are forced to stay up late again to take a port next to your capital that you lost in EU time and the other nation takes advantage of the non existent US AUS chinese or whatever playerbase in your nation.

The time window is 2-3 hours. You will always have people online to defend even if you yourself isn't online. If you lose the port in your time that US players stayed up late to take how can you complain when you yourself have to do the same thing to get it back? Where is the unfairness?

Please someone from EU enlighten me why its such a problem. I don't want to fling shit I just wanna understand.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

We know we are not wrong due to experiences in RvR in NA.

Maybe that's where you get so blind that you simply disregard the rest of the game. :) C'mon brother, throw another punch. Only I know the truth, you just keep guessing and swinging blindly. Get over it and overcome. Same for Intrepido. 

Will tell you again - the Nation is not your private club. The Clan is. That's exactly what I am saying. If the in-game nation in blue and yellow has clans from all over the globe, so be it, deal with it and don't shut the doors.

• Like 1

Just now, Intrepido said:

US players attack a EU port during their afternoon.

EU players attack a US port during their night.

Do you see the difference? Is so hard to understand the unfairness?

I'd rather attack a port at night than afternoon. Most people I know work the evenings.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

How can a port be attacked outside the Defense Timer is beyond what I read in the opening announcement. Hostility can be raised at all times, just like now.

True the immediate battle is a return to some sort of a flag.

We truly need the Clerk to send message to Nation chat with hostility info.

I took the time for reading these 23 pages and making my opinion. :huh:

After what my single regret is this server merge is arising one week too late. Should it have been done before, I wouldn’t have tried the tremendous efforts for reunifying the French nation. Having started that prevents me to leave right now (I always tries and finish something I started, this is one of my infirmities).

I may be wrong, so I will spend a few hours per week on the server, limiting my activity to making PVE in protected areas, to provide a few money and marks to my clan at no risk, and to see what will happen in RvR. If safe areas are removed, I simply stop NA.

Wait and see. Did not got in the game since I saw this announcement (yesterday morning). This puts an end on my playing motivation. I have very great doubts on the future.

However, @admin: Many thanks for the fantastic moments I got in the game during this past year. :) :) :) I am sure that I will be replaced by dozens of new players!

Edited by Eleazar de Damas
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

:( ... sorry Victor.

I play in worldwide communities in many games.

( sorry to my luso brothers, but i do prefer multi national and common english communities )

Is there anything wrong with a worldwide game ?

No, but problems start when mechanics are such to allow a minority to condition the whole gameplay of the majority of the playerbase.

I guess you are not involved in the RvR conquest, so this thing may not touch the ones that play as you play.

But for conquest clans, unfortunaltey we have already tested (I mean before the split of serves) which was the final outcome of this model. And it's not true that alliances created the problem, rather alliance could have prevented the problems, since you could ally to a faction that had a US timezone clan. Now you have to have that clan in your very faction! So it's even worse than before.

Edited by victor

Just now, Hethwill said:

Port are "owned" by clans. Major major major difference.

But red or white status of players (so the fact that you can or cannot attack them in OS or you can or cannot joing a heating mission) is determined by faction.

Simply put: this will be a disaster that will show itself within three months.

Edited by victor