Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

2 minutes ago, Dauntless7_Original said:

Need a "Carribean" server map reset with this merge so the clans being moved from Global have the same opportunity to capture some neutral OPs without having to be at the mercy of owning nations 2 hour PB window, which will very obviously be set to benefit their prime time. This is only fair, since it is how all clans began under this new conquest model.

Admin said: no wipe this time - you have to live with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Intrepido said:

You dont deserve to post here if you post this kind of bullshit.

Are you being ironic here? Defense sets the port timer. There's no reason not to defend in your own prime time unless you willingly set it to a nightflip.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Just now, Intrepido said:

And? Does a port timer defend the port itself? Does any nation have to babysit their ports every day because if not EU clans wont take it back ever?

So you acknowledge that all EU has to do is defend their prime time. It's no different for US, stop acting like this is a HUGE disadvantage to EU players that they have to quit because the game is now officially ruined for them. Literally just defend your prime time, what's the problem? Global starts off with 0 ports so enjoy the heads start. You don't see global complaining <_<

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

Us players are going to have as much trouble attacking EU as EU is to attack US clans. Defense should be pretty easy for either side. If you lose a port both sides will need to get creative to take it back or recruit friends to help on the other side. 

I also like the fact that ports will cost more to maintain. No more of one or two clans owning everything .

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

I explained it several times and am tired of this shit

If devs want it like that they want it. We tested a splitted and a merged situation. Admins want to go back to the merged situation for whatever reason so have fun with it. Already yesterday someone said to me "yet another reason to stop playing NA" and I sadly agree atm.

So, stop playing and quit. One clan less will not change much anyway. Someone will take your place. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

If devs want it like that they want it. We tested a splitted and a merged situation. Admins want to go back to the merged situation for whatever reason so have fun with it. Already yesterday someone said to me "yet another reason to stop playing NA" and I sadly agree atm.

Are you retarded?

I described it already.

PR EU vs EU GB PB

GB wins, sets timer to US

PR has no US playerbase.

PR is hello kittyed now. They can stay up late on weekends bht it will just be repeated so they have to sgay up late again etc. etc.

No we never tested a system like this. I've been around since day 2 or 3 so stop the bullshit.

Just now, rediii said:

Are you retarded?

I described it already.

PR EU vs EU GB PB

GB wins, sets timer to US

PR has no US playerbase.

PR is hello kittyed now. They can stay up late on weekends bht it will just be repeated so they have to sgay up late again etc. etc.

That's fair. This isn't EU only now, you will get US players in time to fight. In reverse if a nation is mostly US players then they face the same problem as you describe. It's as fair as it possibly can be.

edit: the moral of the story is if you don't have a diverse nation of players in different timezones, you're at a disadvantage. This is the nature of a merged server

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

So slightly that it is almost the same.

port battles are clan based - remember. 
As an owner of the port you will have full control on when you can defend and who can enter. 
Also don't forget that on release we had same system on all servers and it worked just fine. Night flips were a problem with alliances - with no alliances (clans based content - it is not going to be a major issue)

Listen to our Mentor plz and it will be fine. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

47 minutes ago, Comeonche said:

It was perfect.

It was not perfect, there were already complaints from people that the PB window started too early for some people in the Western side of the EU timezone and went on too late for some people in the Eastern timezone. Maybe for your timezone or your playtime it was perfect, but there are more people than just you. Now people will be able to defend their ports at a time to suit themselves. That sounds more perfect to me.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

As noted it does say all resources, but not materials, nor upgrades or books.

for those with stuff on sale i expect make room for it and take off sale and pick up contracts ASAP.

Had a though about ships so will empty holds and remove guns as well as I expect we will lost them anyway if kept in ship and the guns/materials are not transferred.

It says knowledge books learnt

1 minute ago, Comeonche said:

@Barberougeyou should aware devs that if nightflips come back again. European players will leave massively the game.

We have fought hard on this forum to be protect from this shit

Now Devs troll us and we come back to the past....... Totally stupid 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

The split solution hasn't been successful, and the single-server brainstorm hadn't brought a perfect solution.

Now I can see 2 ways with the current conquest system (very quick sum up, not fully brainstormed):

• adjust the RvR system to decrease the drawbacks as much as possible
    • small tunings only (IRL-language nation chat + English nation chat, allow PBs within a few hours from the window but with less players, and so on...)
    • decrease the importance of conquest to run an economy
    • force the spread of the off-hour population by limiting the % of ports which can be given off-hour windows
    • eliminate nations or replace them by historical factions (French Empire, French Republic) and/or independencies (Haiti, Texas)
    • inter-nation clan alliances, or mercenaries
  • make a community effort to balance the server

The main remaining problem is in my opinion the lack of a possibility to gather help from a foreign clan or nation. Currently, if one nation has an off-hour fleet, all the other nations have to have that fleet as well if they wish to compete (in the past, this was needed but for the whole alliance).

Also the problem isn't off-hour flips, but ports being difficult to attack or re-take for nations which don't have the corresponding timezone population.

• Like 5

Just thought of something that could help with issue people are describing with ports being captured and set outside your time zone. 

Admin said a mechanic is coming where clans outside your nation could be added to the PB list. This could help the issue. If you lose a port and need it recaptured, you could possibly hire a clan in that time zone to take it for you.

I know this isn't ingame now, and we don't have a timeline for it, but I think it would mostly solve the issue.

Everyone for the past month has begged groveled, and probably killed a goat to get a server merge. Now that it's here people are going to really complain that they got what they want. Even with a mechanic similar to EVE POS timers, which many of you asked for. I see most of you still even with a defense timer complain about the fact that night flips will happen. Set your timers, don't even complain about 100,000 gold the economy is inflated all to hell that's chump change and every one of you knows that. Please do find constructive intelligent things to say and read the Post through and through  before commenting on it. 

41 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Im going to answer you because you are a bit tiring with the same bullshit.

We need ports because:

Rare woods, upgrades and silver&gold. Silver and gold are out of safe zones and you only get the rare woods by contrats. You can only set contracts if you own the dam port.

Those things granted you the ships you wanted for pvp and rvr.

Hope it helps.

Well it seems as if your toy broke the game....  oh well

Hope it helps