Game-Labs Forum

Uninstalling

The combat is just broke and is not the same as it used to be. Multirepair, masts thicknesses and HP,  upgrades, grind  and a small amount of overpowered ships making the rest completely obsolete., Line ships doing 13 knots, AI reinforcements spawn 2 1st rates for one player. 600 people online, 200 are alt accounts and 200 are in port doing nothing. No duel room, small battles. 

Ill reinstall on release and give it the steam review then and hopefully the issues will be addressed. Good luck with making the game and I hope I can come back and have great battles in the future :).

PS: Otto im inactive now so kick me 

PPS: Bom I sank your victory to 5 sweds last night. Shit happens I guess :)

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Try as a member of one of the new nations maybe?  It could offer you more of stuff you're looking for.  Never know unless you try.

People get burned out with the changes too.  Maybe just a month break and try again fresh?

Sometimes this is the best course of action.

On the other hand it could be similar to what's going on with Portalus (PotBS), and to a lesser extent, Wargaming (WoWS), in which case it's best to abandon ship and seek better pursuits elsewhere.

I'm content to wait and see myself.

Multiple repairs are bad, I agree. They don't reward you for playing good and they also don't punish you if you make a mistake.

Lost 200 crew to a stern rake? Here's ya rum, hello kittyers - now get up an fight

Lost a mast? Wait a sec, my crew will install a fresh one. And don't bother taking out another one, I have more spare masts

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, rediii said:

More tactic involved now than most can handle I guess

You ever duel rakers in Connies or trincs in the past?  Fighting for the perfect position for 1 hour if you had to.  That was skill based. There is an issue if the meta in a sailing game is to kite downwind.

• Like 3

Hachi is right. Hell, I had one of my best duels against @TommyShelby where at one point we ended up sailing backwards next to each other without being able to shoot the opponent and just waiting for each other to run out of patience, lol. Eventually, I had more patience and tommy made the first move.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

Hachi is stuck at carronademeta. :P

In 1v1s he gets kited because of it and loses

Redii you're good but just because you beat me once doesnt mean you're better.  I'm not saying you're not.  I chose to engage you, if I took this game as serious as most I would  run. I don't run because I see no shame in sinking. You're clan mates are well aware of my success rates in 1v1s outside LA navas as Bill Kerman. I could beat their frigates with my trinc because they didn't have a repair system that makes up for every mistake they made.  Repair system now has nothing to do with skill.