Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

- PVP Leaderboard
- x25 Battle groups
- Combat news channel
- Review captured ships

FK YEAH! B)

Everything else looks good too!
Great patch!

@admin Can we please have an update on speed ship tuning and speed cap removal? Looks like that majority want to see speed cap gone

Edited by koltes
  • Like 10

Looks promising! Like the speedboost change during invis. Will go and test it.
Especially like this:

6 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Combat news channel added allowing you to see whats going on in pvp right now
  • Admiralty pvp daily leaderboard added - showing top 15 captains by pvp kills 

Will hopefully reduce the time sailing around not meeting a single player.

But Ive got some concerns regarding the battle group thingy; couldnt it be used to make sure only part of a group gets pulled in battle, so the rest is more or less safe?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Tow to port does not tow you to county capitals anymore (to fix the potential PB expoit). It sends you to common deep water port, but excludes county capitals

What about national capitals? This would finally get rid of easy smuggling operations into enemy capitals. 

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Victory mark

What will we use the Victory Marks for? Do they replace Conquest marks.

3 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

the map winning thing seems a bit unfair to the smaller populated nations though..the map doesnt reset after 1 week right? so the nation who hold the majority of ports will probably win the next week too

It's not completely clear to me, but from what I understand here:

9 minutes ago, admin said:

(old control will move to the next round)

the victory condition is based on expansion, not static size. So the largest nations will have the most ports to loose and potentially a harder time winning the map.

11 minutes ago, admin said:

War supplies can now get 100% host

Hmm. This sounds a bit ominous. But seeing as you can flip a port in 40 minutes or less I guess it won't really create that large of an unbalance.

• Like 1

I like it! I like it! I love it!!

*Only potential disapproval issue is the "win scenario" - it goes against the concept of a sandbox game but may improve playerretention so I'm up for testing it!

Overall, nice patch. thx you Devs for this nice Patch

and BTW @Bearwall

13 minutes ago, admin said:

• Blueprint and permit changes
    • Blueprints of Rattlesnake heavy, Ingermanland, Niagara, Wappen von Hamburg have been added to game (they all require permits that were added to the admiralty as well for victory marks)

On 1.7.2017 at 2:53 AM, Bearwall said:

I'd rather pour gasoline over my bellona than seeing a Wappen von Hamburg ever, ever again!

EDIT: And lit the damn Bellona on fire and send it burning into the wappen ofcourse.. 

Enjoy the Burning of your Bellona. If you want, im lit the Fire ^^ xD

• Like 3

I look to the *Win scenario* as a cyclic measure of ... Nation prestige. Plus it is dynamic, where being consistent is maybe more important than being at the peak and suddenly dropping dead after a couple cycles.

• Like 1

Epic. Just Epic. That's the way guys ;) 

Just a thought about the repairs, as I see no changes on it:

I think that it should be a limit over the maximum amount of hp (hull/sails/crew) you can repair until you dock back at any port(and fully repair your ship). This limit can be easily implemented as a percentage of maximum hp. 

In example:

Hp repair limit: 30%

Damaged ship: Surprise

Damaged module/section: Port side Armour : 3400 hp

Maximun hp repair: 1020 hp

Until you dock on a port and perform a full repair, limit is not reseted.

Obviously the accurate value of this limit could be a subject of heavy discussion, but the thing is: On high Seas, a ship could get survival repairs, but should not be able to rebuild herself from scratch.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, admin said:
  • wins - nation gets 1 point per win
  • losses - nation loses 2 points per port loss

This should also have a lose -3 for escaping before battle is over. Should encourage PVP more

Edited by JobaSet