Game-Labs Forum

PVP Global - Operation BOHICA

Koltes

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

When VCO and TF was thinking of going Spain we offered to give them Santa Fe (shallows below Cuba) and Remidios if they where to make the change.  We took 3 Spanish ports and that was way before the US/GB even got into the Gulf so don't try to pull that card as the reason they took the WHOLE GULF. 

So because they took spanish ports after you decided to take spanish ports, they should have the responsibility to not take spanish ports? That's not how things work.

To make a difference, you must make the change first. You can't make other people do it first if you yourself aren't willing to. as you said, you offered those ports back, how about just letting the spanish take it back?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

So because they took spanish ports after you decided to take spanish ports, they should have the responsibility to not take spanish ports? That's not how things work.

To make a difference, you must make the change first. You can't make other people do it first if you yourself aren't willing to. as you said, you offered those ports back, how about just letting the spanish take it back?

Well Brits too Santa Fe for one so that is out of hand.  As for taking back the two Spanish can come and ask, but like the Brits/US say we know they can't hold it and the GB and US (for them its the pirates) will just snag it up.  Again what does this have to do with the topic of the thread and coming from a player that can't even keep your own nation in line I don't think you should really be giving any one else political advice. The topic should between US and Pirates and there conflicts..  Last I checked you got your own little war and civil war to deal with.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Well Brits too Santa Fe for one so that is out of hand.  As for taking back the two Spanish can come and ask, but like the Brits/US say we know they can't hold it and the GB and US (for them its the pirates) will just snag it up.  Again what does this have to do with the topic of the thread and coming from a player that can't even keep your own nation in line I don't think you should really be giving any one else political advice. The topic should between US and Pirates and there conflicts..  Last I checked you got your own little war and civil war to deal with.

I don't know, you seem to like to bring up different subjects quite a lot in many different threads. but fair play, it's not what this topic is about

Funny, I don't think you quite understand that I'm not leading a nation, I lead a clan within a nation where the majority of those clans in the nation work together despite what you may hear. I don't think you should be giving political advice either, but I won't stop you from discussing your opinion *shrugs*.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bach said:

John Paul Jones was not well liked. He also wasn't a good politician or merchant.  But what he was is a great naval commander.  The revolutionary war congress understood backing him was far better than arguing or ignoring him.  Hurt feelings took a back seat to war success.  Somehow you need to get the USA nation in game to recognize players that succeed in battle and give them backing.  Econ is great. Logistics are vital to war. But in the end someone has to sail the ships and lead the battles. The best man for the job just might not be winning any popularity contests.

Very interesting and true... and yes I didn't mean to dwell so much on the CMs.  Constitutions can get a lot done but all those lineship ports on the map still a concern.

3 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

Very interesting and true... and yes I didn't mean to dwell so much on the CMs.  Constitutions can get a lot done but all those lineship ports on the map still a concern.

Just stay within your means and you will be fine. Use what you have and the game is still fun. If you can't compete, stop trying, change tactics and make them pay for there consistency.

30 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

When VCO and TF was thinking of going Spain we offered to give them Santa Fe (shallows below Cuba) and Remidios if they where to make the change.  We took 3 Spanish ports and that was way before the US/GB even got into the Gulf so don't try to pull that card as the reason they took the WHOLE GULF.  We took the last two after US and GB started to get into the gulf.  For a total of 5 regions only.  We didn't over extend our selves either.  We took what we can protect from our home base.

I never said your not a man?  Where the hell you get that?  I just said if your going to get involved with the big politics than you should be involved with and not running around in a small ship and not being part of it.  You love to butt your business into play your don't even do.  

And for your info I sail around in a privateer all the time and hunt in the shallows.  The problems is I use my other Pirate that is set up for speed ships and shallows. His largest ships is a Surprise until recently I made him a Speed Bucc to help with home defense.  Texas I use for PB's and heavy ships.  That is my play styles.  Just like you have yours.

But why are you in a post about US and Pirates RvR making statements about things that has nothing to do with that other than the fact you like to troll?

Because I do quite a bit of work in the RvR area.  While I dont fight in port battles I do help raise hostility, scout, and counter tag to keep people from chain tagging a fleet.  

Lately I havent done much because of a busy week.  

40 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

Aye.

Every port in the game can be captured by one player in a mortar brig.  

In this case the problem isn't in finding bigger slices of meat to throw into the x25 1st rate meat grinder. It's in finding a way to pull the power plug on the grinder. You've got to change your approach to RvR. ?

Edited by Bach

Ok I read just enough and I have to step in really quick.

Minnow, stop role playing and have one guy with balls be in charge and build a bunch of aggies and 1st rates. Don't even bother with that Connie plan because it's a waste of time.

Texas stop talking about all these reasons for black to do things because I'm in the ts and I have to say all you say is in your head at this point. Don't know where you're getting all this info!!!

Hodo just keep to yourself and stay out of politics because you do nothing to the war effort of your nations. Go back to the shallows with your canoe or kayak or whatever it is you sail around in and report back when you sail something worth shooting at.

Sorry if the tone seems harsh everybody

2 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

Hodo just keep to yourself and stay out of politics because you do nothing to the war effort of your nations. Go back to the shallows with your canoe or kayak or whatever it is you sail around in and report back when you sail something worth shooting at.

Ahh, we know this type. Biggestdickus syndrome until some Cerb or Privateer comes and takes his ship.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

Minnow, stop role playing and have one guy with balls be in charge and build a bunch of aggies and 1st rates. Don't even bother with that Connie plan because it's a waste of time.

Texas stop talking about all these reasons for black to do things because I'm in the ts and I have to say all you say is in your head at this point. Don't know where you're getting all this info!!!

Full frontal assault of Aggies and 1st rates isn't going to work without a serious logistics system for replacements and captains willing to risk them rather than cherish them.  Sustainable warfare trains armies. Over extending tactics just ruin them.

• Like 2

US this is not how you win things.  We felt sorry for the guys that stayed and they put up a good fight.  We caught there agro grinding fleet and as soon as we entered every one that could escaped did.  The ones that stayed all got sunk excepted we captured the Bellona and one Reno.

v7hsDvK.jpg

• Like 1

Since this topic is running all over the place, and this is strictly me speaking so my clan affiliation is irrelevant...

The shit talk regarding preferred ship types is indicative of one of the overall problems with Naval Action. Theme Park MMO "End game" mindsets invading a sandbox MMO where "end game" is what each of us as a player decides to make of it. So who gives a rat-shit if someone likes to spend 99% of their time in 5th rates or below. Doesn't make them less of a player or not "worth the time". Nor does it invalidate their opinion of what's going on in this virtual political shit-show. What happens on the map has some effect on everybody be it an impact on national economy, or a shift in hunting grounds for the small time privateer. 

I'm going to put the U.S coast to my stern and not return for some time. Clubbing seals really isn't my cup of tea because it's boring. Time to go find some hunting grounds where I might actually have to turn my "git gud" up a little. 

Edited by Rhodry Heidenrich
fixing that funky format because these forums sometimes suck whale shit
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Bach said:

Full frontal assault of Aggies and 1st rates isn't going to work without a serious logistics system for replacements and captains willing to risk them rather than cherish them.  Sustainable warfare trains armies. Over extending tactics just ruin them.

This is not ture.... Me and @Simon Cadete have taken 2 (same time) 2nd rates in a inger and a reno.  Our clame to fame was when we took a victory in less than 7 mins in a Pirate Frigate and a reno. I have personally taken to many to count 1st rates in a 4th rate. Had way to many people ROFL when I took a 4th rate in a Heavy Rattlesnake while I was streaming..Just have to play smart.  And go in knowing your going to die or your at best your suppose to die......lol...  Its a game you have to do crazy things sometime just to see if you can pull it off.  Dont Play in something you are not willing to lose, I die all the time, but most of the time it is in ships I have taken off someone else so not that big of a deal to me.  I have died 3 times last 2 weeks but I have sunk or captured well over 100 people.  For the love of god I wish I could tell what ship I had JUST cap'ed so I could decide if to sink it or not.

4 hours ago, JobaSet said:

This is not ture.... Me and @Simon Cadete have taken 2 (same time) 2nd rates in a inger and a reno.  Our clame to fame was when we took a victory in less than 7 mins in a Pirate Frigate and a reno. I have personally taken to many to count 1st rates in a 4th rate. Had way to many people ROFL when I took a 4th rate in a Heavy Rattlesnake while I was streaming..Just have to play smart.  And go in knowing your going to die or your at best your suppose to die......lol...  Its a game you have to do crazy things sometime just to see if you can pull it off.  Dont Play in something you are not willing to lose, I die all the time, but most of the time it is in ships I have taken off someone else so not that big of a deal to me.  I have died 3 times last 2 weeks but I have sunk or captured well over 100 people.  For the love of god I wish I could tell what ship I had JUST cap'ed so I could decide if to sink it or not.

We are saying the same thing.

I was telling them not to feel they had to sail first rates to RvR. Simon was telling them they all need to build maxed out ships. Aggy and 1st rates to RvR.

19 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

Y U Hef 2 B mad bro?

Really you seem salty.  I dont know why you are so upset, could it be you are a greater non-factor than myself?  At least I do some RVR stuff, I just dont care for PBs because they are most boring to me.  Shallows are fun but everything else is a waste of time for me. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arsilon said:

I wonder why they didn't revert the port too then.  Seems a hollow punishment if they deemed the action was indeed a violation.

They probably should, but you confidently can't say the screeners would of been successful in keeping them out and to be fair the US did run from a 25vs18 fight.  

Not even sure the devs can do a revert honestly .  I am however glad that we do know that there was foul play afoot and confirmed.  Everyone now knows the quality of the BLACK clan   

a 2 week ban is nothing but perhaps they will think twice about cheating again during their next attack   ... maybe 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

Cheaters confirmed.  

Operation BOCHEATA was a rousing success. Well done fellas.  

^ Shouldn't every Pirate that contributed to or was complicit in this action also receive a similar ban? ^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

Well if you want to win you do what I said. If you just want to kinda play and see what happens then you guys do what you're saying.

Danes attacked a port last week with almost all x25 Aggies. We countered with x15 frigates and some Connies. In a move that surprised them we hit them head on at sea and just sent a minimal force into the PB.  We came within 60 points of upsetting that Aggy force with frigates.  After that they had to call in another nation to screen for them.  But the damage was done. They got predictable and almost lost it all to a smaller force. The gods bled and everyone knew they were mortal after all.

Telling me you need to smash x25 maxed out ships into maxed out ships to win, doesn't prove you know more than me. It proves the limits of your creativity.  If you are leading the USA battle plans I suggest you step down. Unless you have an SOL producing machine in your pocket you are not up to what they are about to face.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bach said:

Danes attacked a port last week with almost all x25 Aggies. We countered with x15 frigates and some Connies. In a move that surprised them we hit them head on at sea and just sent a minimal force into the PB.  We came within 60 points of upsetting that Aggy force with frigates.  After that they had to call in another nation to screen for them.  But the damage was done. They got predictable and almost lost it all to a smaller force. The gods bled and everyone knew they were mortal after all.

Telling me you need to smash x25 maxed out ships into maxed out ships to win, doesn't prove you know more than me. It proves the limits of your creativity.  If you are leading the USA battle plans I suggest you step down. Unless you have an SOL producing machine in your pocket you are not up to what they are about to face.

Well I'm a pirate and couldn't care less about the US. As for the fight you played with the points and kept ships tagged in battle. 

Tell my how many ships were captured or sunk on both sides. By the way shooting sails for an hour to keep ships in battle isn't creative, it's annoying....

Oh and by the way, we do have a big production line. We're on a different level. We don't sail store bought ships...

Edited by Simon Cadete
Forgot stuff

24 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Well I'm a pirate and couldn't care less about the US. As for the fight you played with the points and kept ships tagged in battle. 

Tell my how many ships were captured or sunk on both sides. By the way shooting sails for an hour to keep ships in battle isn't creative, it's annoying....

Oh and by the way, we do have a big production line. We're on a different level. We don't sail store bought ships...

To each his own. o7