Game-Labs Forum

PVP Global - Operation BOHICA

Koltes

4 hours ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

Then you go out there, fight in a ship that you know wont even scratch your opponent's paintwork, knowing there is nothing to be done because you have already lost. The American Commander put to sea with what he had, made his decisions based on what he had and what was best for his nation, he is damned by fools who do not have a clue about his position, strategy or tactics, his nation derided because so called men were denied their so very easy victory. Go on, you go out there against all the odds, prove you are a man.

We the Brits sailed across the map to help an enemy, much of the talk was not of victory, but of how we would be going home in Cutters, comparisons were made to the Light Brigade at Balaklava, we made our decision, we stood by it, we showed compassion for our enemy like real men just by going.

Your comment disrespects every man who has worn a uniform, every man who cried for his mother while bleeding out from wounds, every man who drowned trying to save his ship and shipmates in flooding compartments, You go to a disaster zone, spend six hours digging out a five year old for her to die in your arms and not cry for the waste of life, you tell me how I am not a man, that there is no hope for me, I at least have respect and compassion for those who cannot help themselves, one of the hallmarks of real men.   

As some one who has actually severed in the military and have served combat duty I would never called upon my enemy to fight a war I couldn't fight myself.  I would not come out in trash ships. I would show up in my best ship and fight the threat to my last breath.  I was former US player and I left cause the same guys still in that nation is doing still the same thing.  They bring trash to a port battle and give up before it even starts.  Many of those in 5th rates and below was of the Rear Admiral ranks and we have seen them in bigger ships.  It's a defense port battle.  They didn't have to make 1000 points.  All they had to do is stop us from making that and that is very easy to do when our numbers didn't make it in full strength and most our ships where slow tanked out builds.

Back when I was US we would go to port battles   with our best ships while NPG showed up in store bought trash ships of not the level of the Port battle.  That was over a year ago.  They still do the same thing.  Now that a whole clan has left US and came Pirate they confirmed that many of those that showed up had 1st rates or refused to pool there marks and help get 1st rates for there clan.  That is not unity, that is greed and folks only looking out for their selves.  It hasn't changed in over a year.  US will never be nothing more than a weak PvE nation if they don't get off there arse and fight there own wars.  They have the numbers to do so or they shouldn't have several ports on the map. Maybe it will be good that they get brought down to just a few regions until they can get there act together.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

The American Commander put to sea with what he had, made his decisions based on what he had and what was best for his nation, he is damned by fools who do not have a clue

Most of the people in NPG don't have a clue. If they did, there would be a whole fleet of 1st rates from how I saw that spread sheet that baddger posted

1 hour ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Ironic pirates talking about the US using an ALT to cheat.

That alt never had a chances as the other pirates that showed up late to screen the Brits tagged him and keeped him from showing up since he is a known US alt (maybe brit now since his clan went TF and TF is now GB).   We did send info the first time to devs, but that is up to them to deal with and wasn't enough to make a big tribunal.  Pirates can take care of there own traitors in game now with Pirate vs Pirate mechanics.  

I also want to remind every one throwing around the words cheat and exploits.  If you don't have proof and I mean proof to make a post in Tribunal than you need to shut up as most of you have no clue of the actual game mechanics and what the devs have ruled on such topics.   As long as we weren't using the person to cause agro or pull a fleet to prevent it from joining a port battle it is not against the rules.  What they had said they might of was going to do with the Pirate alt was very much against the game rules.

I just want to remind folks that making false accusations is against the rules.  So you better have something to back it up or I will report folks every time they make little cry baby toddler fits about being out played by legit game mechanics usage.   

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That alt never had a chances as the other pirates that showed up late to screen the Brits tagged him and keeped him from showing up since he is a known US alt (maybe brit now since his clan went TF and TF is now GB).   We did send info the first time to devs, but that is up to them to deal with and wasn't enough to make a big tribunal.  Pirates can take care of there own traitors in game now with Pirate vs Pirate mechanics.  

I also want to remind every one throwing around the words cheat and exploits.  If you don't have proof and I mean proof to make a post in Tribunal than you need to shut up as most of you have no clue of the actual game mechanics and what the devs have ruled on such topics.   As long as we weren't using the person to cause agro or pull a fleet to prevent it from joining a port battle it is not against the rules.  What they had said they might of was going to do with the Pirate alt was very much against the game rules.

I just want to remind folks that making false accusations is against the rules.  So you better have something to back it up or I will report folks every time they make little cry baby toddler fits about being out played by legit game mechanics usage.   

Get Some!

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

As some one who has actually severed in the military and have served combat duty I would never called upon my enemy to fight a war I couldn't fight myself.  I would not come out in trash ships. I would show up in my best ship and fight the threat to my last breath.  I was former US player and I left cause the same guys still in that nation is doing still the same thing.  They bring trash to a port battle and give up before it even starts.  Many of those in 5th rates and below was of the Rear Admiral ranks and we have seen them in bigger ships.  It's a defense port battle.  They didn't have to make 1000 points.  All they had to do is stop us from making that and that is very easy to do when our numbers didn't make it in full strength and most our ships where slow tanked out builds.

Back when I was US we would go to port battles   with our best ships while NPG showed up in store bought trash ships of not the level of the Port battle.  That was over a year ago.  They still do the same thing.  Now that a whole clan has left US and came Pirate they confirmed that many of those that showed up had 1st rates or refused to pool there marks and help get 1st rates for there clan.  That is not unity, that is greed and folks only looking out for their selves.  It hasn't changed in over a year.  US will never be nothing more than a weak PvE nation if they don't get off there arse and fight there own wars.  They have the numbers to do so or they shouldn't have several ports on the map. Maybe it will be good that they get brought down to just a few regions until they can get there act together.  

Thank you for the information Sir, much of it was unknown to me, In all honesty if I had known I would have put far more consideration into the matter than I did at the time.. Incidentally my personal views on the US clans are not so different to your own, elsewhere I expressed the hope that US clans can get it into gear, In game I am a sea Captain first and foremost not a politician, and like my real life counterparts tend not to get involved too deeply in politics, however all said and done I believe the US commander did what he believed was right for his nation, I watched the video of the screening action, which I thought was well conducted on both sides, Did the guy in the Santi get home? I hope he did, he earned it, the US screeners were pretty determined.  There is I think, hope for them yet, but only if they can turn their nation around.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The funny thing is, he isnt accusing, or saying you did or did not cheat.  He is saying that the call is "ironic".   Unlike the Alanis Moriset song "Ironic", he got the use of the word right.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Odol said:

The funny thing is, he isnt accusing, or saying you did or did not cheat.  He is saying that the call is "ironic".   Unlike the Alanis Moriset song "Ironic", he got the use of the word right.

The second part of that post wasn't dealing with him, it's for all the other guys that are just flat out trash talking and being rude in game and on here.  Take that stuff to tribunal if you have evidence of something some one did something wrong. Which so far every one they have tried have gotten shot down by the devs.    

1 hour ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

Thank you for the information Sir, much of it was unknown to me, In all honesty if I had known I would have put far more consideration into the matter than I did at the time.. Incidentally my personal views on the US clans are not so different to your own, elsewhere I expressed the hope that US clans can get it into gear, In game I am a sea Captain first and foremost not a politician, and like my real life counterparts tend not to get involved too deeply in politics, however all said and done I believe the US commander did what he believed was right for his nation, I watched the video of the screening action, which I thought was well conducted on both sides, Did the guy in the Santi get home? I hope he did, he earned it, the US screeners were pretty determined.  There is I think, hope for them yet, but only if they can turn their nation around.

I honestly don't want any thing ill to do with that nation and hope it can get back on it's feet.  They just need to stop doing the same thing they been doing and stop listening to the some folks that aren't working out.

I know me and Jean  (the Santi with my Vict) got home safe.  We did loose two other 1st rates (not sure what video you watched).   One of them they scuttle at sea cause we where running them down, the other we recaptured back.  So all and all we lost only one 1st rate in the whole thing and US/GB lost a bunch of 6th to 4th rates but no clue  on the numbers and I'm sure most of them where store bought cheap ships.   We actually have no problem with the fact there was a screening and such even with the current broken mechanics and was proud of those that fought.  In the fight I was in there was a lot of low level guys that tried there best to do what they can against to very tuff ships to crack and we respect those guys for trying even though they got sunk.  Those or the guys we hope level up and take over the nation as they had heart in the fight.   We will see how well they bounce back from this.  Not going to say we will just give the port back, but we have in the past when we done this to US to remind them they need to watch there actions.  They are not a strong RvR nation and never have been, they only just have numbers on there side when they pushed around other smaller nations that couldn't field full 25 vs 25 man teams in port battles even during prime time.  

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The second part of that post wasn't dealing with him, it's for all the other guys that are just flat out trash talking and being rude in game and on here.  Take that stuff to tribunal if you have evidence of something some one did something wrong. Which so far every one they have tried have gotten shot down by the devs.    

I honestly don't want any thing ill to do with that nation and hope it can get back on it's feet.  They just need to stop doing the same thing they been doing and stop listening to the some folks that aren't working out.

I know me and Jean  (the Santi with my Vict) got home safe.  We did loose two other 1st rates (not sure what video you watched).   One of them they scuttle at sea cause we where running them down, the other we recaptured back.  So all and all we lost only one 1st rate in the whole thing and US/GB lost a bunch of 6th to 4th rates but no clue  on the numbers and I'm sure most of them where store bought cheap ships.   We actually have no problem with the fact there was a screening and such even with the current broken mechanics and was proud of those that fought.  In the fight I was in there was a lot of low level guys that tried there best to do what they can against to very tuff ships to crack and we respect those guys for trying even though they got sunk.  Those or the guys we hope level up and take over the nation as they had heart in the fight.   We will see how well they bounce back from this.  Not going to say we will just give the port back, but we have in the past when we done this to US to remind them they need to watch there actions.  They are not a strong RvR nation and never have been, they only just have numbers on there side when they pushed around other smaller nations that couldn't field full 25 vs 25 man teams in port battles even during prime time.  

You do realize that by taking Savannah you've effectively broken the nation and now all the rats are fleeing the sunken ship.  The pirates who care so much about "fair play" and "server balance" pretty much just destroyed a nation that was unable to defend themselves.  

Good work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

You do realize that by taking Savannah you've effectively broken the nation and now all the rats are fleeing the sunken ship.  The pirates who care so much about "fair play" and "server balance" pretty much just destroyed a nation that was unable to defend themselves.

Good work.

So the Pirates are the bad guy here ? seriously ? Didn't the Brits go to war with the US...I do remember seeing the post on that, so its ok for the Brits to fight the US and not Pirates? Its ok for the US to keep hitting the Pirates but the Pirates cant fight back ?...see the point here ?

I believe it was a exodus of US players to Brits not to long ago that might have started the issues with US side...you do remember that yes ? or we cant bring that up cause we the big bad Pirates and we are the scapegoat for all the issues ?

7 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

So the Pirates are the bad guy here ? seriously ? Didn't the Brits go to war with the US...I do remember seeing the post on that, so its ok for the Brits to fight the US and not Pirates? Its ok for the US to keep hitting the Pirates but the Pirates cant fight back ?...see the point here ?

I believe it was a exodus of US players to Brits not to long ago that might have started the issues with US side...you do remember that yes ? or we cant bring that up cause we the big bad Pirates and we are the scapegoat for all the issues ?

We didn't roll around and take their largest econ area in the middle of their territory or attack them in a port they didn't have the ships for.  Our intention was only to take some of the gulf back.  When we left, the US still had enough for 2 port battle fleets...if they could work together.  I believe the pirates were rather keen on the US and Brits fighting each other for the health of the server.  The role reversal is funny.  Now that will probably change.  

This is a conquest game after all, So I won't begrudge you guys conquering territory.  Just drop the hypocritical bullshit that you actually care about the health of the server.  You don't.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Christendom said:

We didn't roll around and take their largest econ area in the middle of their territory or attack them in a port they didn't have the ships for.  Our intention was only to take some of the gulf back.  When we left, the US still had enough for 2 port battle fleets...if they could work together.  I believe the pirates were rather keen on the US and Brits fighting each other for the health of the server.  The role reversal is funny.  Now that will probably change.

This is a conquest game after all, So I won't begrudge you guys conquering territory.  Just drop the hypocritical bullshit that you actually care about the health of the server.  You don't.

It was a certain US clan and or players that caused the revolt of US players leaving ...not Pirates....check with them it will be confirmed, so the Health of the server fell on those players who created the division on the US side, not the Pirates.

47 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Good work.

You attacked the US because you wanted the Gulf is what caused the imbalance....lets not forget that. You guys were too scared to attack the pirates. Don't worry, we will be waiting for you in Islamabad

Edited by airborneguy

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Losing soto and Bahia did not cripple the nation.

You can craft every thing in your capital region.  Any thing you get out of that region is the woods.  Those you can use smuggler flag to get and that is it.  We did not cripple anything and if you can't figure that our you have no clue what your talking about.  Yes we prob put a hurting to any folks that set up shop in that region, but they still have plenty of places to make all there ships.

Not to mention how many US players moved away from the capital and is doing there econ in other ports.  We did leave them their coal on purpose cause we didn't want to cripple them that way.  You be surprise how much we actually plan our targets when we hit them. If we wanted to cripple them believe me they would know it fast and there wouldn't be just one port battle.  We would of turned the coast black in a day or two like we did on PvP2 before the Patch was announced and than after that operation took all the silver ports on the whole server.  

Now what we did do is make a very hot zone so they can't just AFK sail traders around and think ever thing is safe.  They need to work as a team and help each other out and escort there traders in runs.  This should hopefully in the long run make them actually a stronger nation and well some day we expect them to hit us back and take the port from us.  

I just checked they can still get Live Oak in there own capital region so they won't be short that wood. White oak they can still get in San Mateo.  I'm still not seeing how we crushed there econ?   Hell now they have the Bermuda Ceder region so they can prob make trade deals with folks to get anything they need.   Now one resource they are hurting on is the Silver and Gold, but there are other means to get them. Hell I get most mine from my iron and stone mines not from an actual gold or silver mine.    

14 hours ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

Do You think, like the poster, sinking pixels in outrageously overwhelming odds and deeming nations inadequate makes a man? A man is judged by his behaviour and his beliefs not by mouthing off over pixels, not by showing contempt for the weak, not by needless cruelty Your values are different from mine, that is fair enough  we are all entitled to an opinion, but those who show little regard for human dignity in a game will certainly not do so in real life.

I always ask my son: 
"Are you a man or a mouse?" He says: "I'm a man".
"What does it mean to be a man?" He says: "You win with honor and lose with dignity"
What is the most precious thing that man possess? He says: "His word. It needs to be rock solid"

He is 7 yo. If you don't start practicing manhood early you will never get it later. Us showing up and crashing them have nothing to do with being a man. Its what we all do after the fights that defines us an individual.
Fight is a fight and we expect our enemy to use full force to fight us and not give in advantages. We congratulate the winner and don't mock the looser. That is the definition of being self efficient confident individual. With these posts you are not doing yourself a favor at all.

Man is a man. He reacts all the same. If pixel enemy by passed his screen and took his region he either think on counter or start whining on the forums. The respond to  real life problems is even much worse. I had to deal with enough dropouts who could not handle the fact that they were not getting participation medals. Or "you've tried" medals. We go for victory. Most of my clan mates are ex military. We are not impressed with your drama at all.

14 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

Sir lancelot, you're the biggest drama queen I've ever seen!!

I also believe you have enough skill to write cheesy novels. You have the skill to make the description of a guy taking a shit sound heroic and poetic. It does nothing to change reality but it is still a skill I suppose. 

When you have a chance, I would like to read a post on your perspective of the brits getting one ported a few months ago. You have to use your skill though!

My best regards

^ this

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

We didnt roll around and pretended we were at war with them. We hit where it hurts. One place. We fight to win. They started messing with us and need to realize that each time they do the retaliation will be worse.

As for the region we will decide when to give it back. I haven't heard the real cries yet. I haven't heard any propositions from all US clan leaders. Something amongs the lines like: " ok guys, we get. We wont attack your territory again. Sorry. We will go and mess with GB over the ports that dont matter. Can we please have our region back?" This might have speed up the process. But they are as usual not interested in working together. Their players and population are. Their leaders not so. The whine seems to be the only way you people know.

As for rats fleeing the ship. Get your facts right Brit. Too far to see from Belize where you are hiding? Its the other way around. We just had new influx of players who saw the shit we can pull off.

@Christendom next time you want to fight us, bring equal fleet. Or even better why dont you officially ally with US and attack one of our regions? You will see what happens. Where is GB's soft spot? Savanna la Mar, Cartagena de Indias, Belize? Oh yeah! All three

Edited by koltes

@Sir Texas Sir ,  the Raising of Hostilities in the Bahama's was done by a rouge clan in the US, not by the US Nation, those that raised that hostility will not even show up for congress meetings, So they are indefacto playing against the US nation, and playing Pro Pirate, 

A False Flag operation will you, to draw the pirates in, and you guys took the bait hook, line, and sinker, without thinking twice about it...

@koltes The Quote about "rats fleeing a sinking ship", was not directed at the pirates, but at the US Nation, not only did it lose TF and VCO, but on Saturday IGG went Pirate from what we can tell,

At this point the pirates are kicking a Puppy and acting like they are Super Tough Guys, real hard core PVP'ers and all, when in fact they are nothing more than opportunistic, and picked a faction that was behind everyone else BR wise.

Simply because a rouge clan went and raised hostility to 32% in Shallow water, there is no way this rouge clan will clean up their act, our only hope is that they go Pirate...

So much misinformation is being spoken in these threads,

Is it the Pirates goal that US players simply use Papers to switch to a larger Nation? (IE. Pirate or GB?)

Edited by Trouble

1 hour ago, koltes said:

As for rats fleeing the ship. Get your facts right Brit. Too far to see from Belize where you are hiding? Its the other way around. We just had new influx of players who saw the shit we can pull off.

@Christendom next time you want to fight us, bring equal fleet. Or even better why dont you officially ally with US and attack one of our regions? You will see what happens. Where is GB's soft spot? Savanna la Mar, Cartagena de Indias, Belize? Oh yeah! All three

You sound pretty sure of yourself for a clan that just had to tag an "alt" to hide in battle for an hour in fear of being screened out.  Bragging about an empty PB win and borderline cheating to enter that battle isn't really something I'd brag about, but to each his own mate.  Carry on playing as you wish, the rest of the server knows who you guys really are now.  

If you attacked Jamaica or Cartagena that might actually be a good thing, ruffle the feathers of the econ brigade.  Go for it.

As for when we attack, you'll just have to patiently wait and find out.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

and neither do you.. you turnedcoat and took 2-3 US clans with you on your "exodus" and joined the largest nation (GB) instead of populating a nation in dire need of life (ESP).

Spare us your high and mighty, condescending tone Judasendom.<_<

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

You sound pretty sure of yourself for a clan that just had to tag an "alt" to hide in battle for an hour in fear of being screened out.  Bragging about an empty PB win and borderline cheating to enter that battle isn't really something I'd brag about, but to each his own mate.  Carry on playing as you wish, the rest of the server knows who you guys really are now.  

If you attacked Jamaica or Cartagena that might actually be a good thing, ruffle the feathers of the econ brigade.  Go for it.

As for when we attack, you'll just have to patiently wait and find out.

Funny thing is; for all your bullshit preaching and so forth; everyone on the server knows you YOU really are: A traitor to his nation and an imbecile who flames global constantly when he knows that his 'pvp1 pedigree' means absolutely nothing in a global server. Your shit flew on PvP1. However on global; all it shows is that you are exactly like the grand despot from old - Lord Roberts.

Do you remember him? I remember. Glad to see you again Roberts. Should rename your clan the Sons of Britain and keep up ordering GB around. History shows that it tends to go well.

Keep up the baseless accusations of cheating and so forth. Friday is fast approaching and I sense a nice absence of this child.

On 7/3/2017 at 5:45 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

You can craft every thing in your capital region.  Any thing you get out of that region is the woods.  Those you can use smuggler flag to get and that is it.  We did not cripple anything and if you can't figure that our you have no clue what your talking about.  Yes we prob put a hurting to any folks that set up shop in that region, but they still have plenty of places to make all there ships.

Not to mention how many US players moved away from the capital and is doing there econ in other ports.  We did leave them their coal on purpose cause we didn't want to cripple them that way.  You be surprise how much we actually plan our targets when we hit them. If we wanted to cripple them believe me they would know it fast and there wouldn't be just one port battle.  We would of turned the coast black in a day or two like we did on PvP2 before the Patch was announced and than after that operation took all the silver ports on the whole server.  

Now what we did do is make a very hot zone so they can't just AFK sail traders around and think ever thing is safe.  They need to work as a team and help each other out and escort there traders in runs.  This should hopefully in the long run make them actually a stronger nation and well some day we expect them to hit us back and take the port from us.  

I just checked they can still get Live Oak in there own capital region so they won't be short that wood. White oak they can still get in San Mateo.  I'm still not seeing how we crushed there econ?   Hell now they have the Bermuda Ceder region so they can prob make trade deals with folks to get anything they need.   Now one resource they are hurting on is the Silver and Gold, but there are other means to get them. Hell I get most mine from my iron and stone mines not from an actual gold or silver mine.    

mmm.. Ok.  

So there is no coal there.

No gold,

No silver

No conquest marks.

Yeah they can craft 1st rates without those things.   

LOLRSK8Ting away.

Edited by Hodo

6 minutes ago, Hodo said:

mmm.. Ok.  

So there is no coal there.

No gold,

No silver

No conquest marks.

Yeah they can craft 1st rates without those things.   

LOLRSK8Ting away.

You can get furnishings through combat marks. 

You can trade with others for coal and conquest marks.

No doubt, being "one-ported" makes it more difficult, but you are not out of the game. There are still a lot of ways to get the materials to make ships and cannons. 

Ok yes, it sucks, but is it a game ender? No,  no it is not. Those who think it is are players who are the first to jump ship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

You can get furnishings through combat marks. 

You can trade with others for coal and conquest marks.

No doubt, being "one-ported" makes it more difficult, but you are not out of the game. There are still a lot of ways to get the materials to make ships and cannons. 

Ok yes, it sucks, but is it a game ender? No,  no it is not. Those who think it is are players who are the first to jump ship.

It is hard to do missions to get combat marks, if you cant run missions.

Conquest marks.. LOL you wont have any if you have no regions.

And good luck getting any traders out of a 1 ported nation that is actively being camped.

9 minutes ago, Hodo said:

It is hard to do missions to get combat marks, if you cant run missions.

Conquest marks.. LOL you wont have any if you have no regions.

And good luck getting any traders out of a 1 ported nation that is actively being camped.

Getting one ported is hardly a major challenge. You can smuggle, you can put up buy orders and you can run missions even with one port. Their are plenty of greedy traders out there more than willing to help you.

If you can't build line ships then don't attack line ship ports. Go for other ports you can handle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vllad said:

Getting one ported is hardly a major challenge. You can smuggle, you can put up buy orders and you can run missions even with one port. Their are plenty of greedy traders out there more than willing to help you.

If you can't build line ships then don't attack line ship ports. Go for other ports you can handle.

And there are plenty of pirates who will sit outside your greenzone waiting to catch said traders.  Or jump into their missions.   Yeah... it isnt easy not by a day in sight.