Game-Labs Forum

PVP Global - Operation BOHICA

Koltes

14 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Well I'm a pirate and couldn't care less about the US. As for the fight you played with the points and kept ships tagged in battle. 

Tell my how many ships were captured or sunk on both sides. By the way shooting sails for an hour to keep ships in battle isn't creative, it's annoying....

Oh and by the way, we do have a big production line. We're on a different level. We don't sail store bought ships...

You really do seem like you are mad at him for something.  

He is telling you that you dont need to have matched ships to win a fight. I agree with him. Sometimes thinking outside the box can get you the win too.  It is a gamble and often a long shot but no better than trying to match a force that has way more experience in the same ships than any one in your force.  Which leads to the same gamble but much more on the line than previous gambit.  

So why risk the expensive hard to replace vessels when you can run the cheaper easier to replace vessels in hopes of wearing down your enemy and making it less cost effective for them.   You can end up even capturing a few of them.  So you are denying your enemy the vessel, and possibly gaining it for your faction.    Well worth the risk of a few 5th rates.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bach said:

We are saying the same thing.

I was telling them not to feel they had to sail first rates to RvR. Simon was telling them they all need to build maxed out ships. Aggy and 1st rates to RvR.

I was talking about open world not port battles you will lose if you cant get good ships in a port battle every single time

25 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I was talking about open world not port battles you will lose if you cant get good ships in a port battle every single time

x10 good First Rates will not beat x25 Store bought Frigates in most port battles.  Yet one First rates costs more than all x25 frigates.  

Your point is still good . But it only holds in an equal 25 v 25 scenario with line fighting tactics favored by the "good" ships.  Granted that may be the very battle your are looking for if you have 25 Good ships.  But it's not the battle every opponent can or will offer you.  

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

So why risk the expensive hard to replace vessels when you can run the cheaper easier to replace vessels in hopes of wearing down your enemy and making it less cost effective for them.   

This!

Port Battles are no longer "line them up and shoot" contest. A bunch of line ships could lose on mobility alone if they make a mistake. 

54 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

On 7/2/2017 at 1:21 PM, Nikodemus said:

I'm just getting back into the game so won't judge the players. But just from looking between the lines here there is no Totally wrong or right side in this. US poked a bigger fleet they should know there will be a reaction. Does not matter if it was one clan or all of them they fly the US flag. Pirates Know they can crush US in 1st rates, over reacted to a attack they new means nothing to their nation. Attacking a port that is important to the US and the Health of the game. Brits while in a "war" with US still have a interest in keeping some balance in the game, but don't have a right to tell other nations when or where to attack an enemy.  My only recommendation here would be US be a little smarter in your poking the Bear. Pirates understand that we want the pop to keep growing so just being strong enough to do it may not be the best thing in the long run for the game. Brits while good intentions are important trying to dictate other wars is a risky place.

What is rvr?

On 7/5/2017 at 0:57 PM, Hodo said:

The guys from GB who are taking the gulf are retaking what they had taken previously, and that is part of an agreement.  That I was not privy to.  

Next, you think highly of yourself.  Poking a sleeping bear... okay.

None of those RAs in 5th rates, are much better than noobs anyway.  Hell even Diceman who is here on these forums is a "vet" and yet I picked apart his T-Brig that was armed, with relative ease while in my Lynx.    

Oh and as for Spain.. dont pin that on the US or GB, because everyone on this server has had a piece of Spain, except the Spanish.

Please be accurate in your description... 

I was in a Tbrig that had 2 cannon as stern chasers and you had me with the wind blowing towards the shore. You had every advantage. 

Had I been fully armed or had the wind to my favor I doubt you'd be crowing about this battle.

I look forward to meeting you again on more equal terms...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Diceman said:

I was in a Tbrig that had 2 cannon as stern chasers and you had me with the wind blowing towards the shore. You had every advantage. 

Had I been fully armed or had the wind to my favor I doubt you'd be crowing about this battle.

A smart privateer fights when he has the advantage.  Don't give it to him.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Christendom said:

Cheaters confirmed.  

What crack are you on? Where did it say it was a BLACK alt?

This is coming from the guy who was involved with the worse cheaters in NA community who have been exposed multiple times for cheating, trash talk and trolling.
Who's cheating was so severe we had to have a global wipe to remove duplicated assets and ships.

No matter how much you try to shite on others you aren't gonna shine. You have been exposed like an old roll of film. Gone. Wasted.

1 hour ago, koltes said:

What crack are you on? Where did it say it was a BLACK alt?

This is coming from the guy who was involved with the worse cheaters in NA community who have been exposed multiple times for cheating, trash talk and trolling.
Who's cheating was so severe we had to have a global wipe to remove duplicated assets and ships.

No matter how much you try to shite on others you aren't gonna shine. You have been exposed like an old roll of film. Gone. Wasted.

I believe Lord Vicious was thanked for digging up that exploit scandal.  You should thank him too.  

His clan wasn't the one hiding in battle last weekend with a confirmed pirate alt to evade a screening fleet for about an hour.  An alt that was just banned yesterday.  Yours was though.  Just the facts ma'am.   

10 hours ago, Diceman said:

If I recall you had a T-Lynx with you, that I let go.  And you expect me to not take a fight on my terms.. LOL you sir fail to understand I am in to win, not throw away fights.

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

I believe Lord Vicious was thanked for digging up that exploit scandal.  You should thank him too.  

His clan wasn't the one hiding in battle last weekend with a confirmed pirate alt to evade a screening fleet for about an hour.  An alt that was just banned yesterday.  Yours was though.  Just the facts ma'am.   

You haven't answered the question. We know you are not too friendly with facts.
Where did it say it was a BLACK alt?

5 minutes ago, koltes said:

You haven't answered the question. We know you are not too friendly with facts.
Where did it say it was a BLACK alt?

You all with your deflecting and your accusations and salt being thrown around... makes me want to go back to EvE or Mortal Online.

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

You talk alpt of smack for a scrub

7 hours ago, Hodo said:

If I recall you had a T-Lynx with you, that I let go.  And you expect me to not take a fight on my terms.. LOL you sir fail to understand I am in to win, not throw away fights.

Again your accuracy is faulty... you did not let the Tlynx go... I ordered it to retreat and led you the other way... Initially, I thought I could make the forts at Beaufort... once I knew that wasn't going to happen, I ordered the Tlynx to retreat and reversed course...

I'm not saying you have to take a fight on any terms... and never did. Just that I look forward to meeting again on more equal terms...

2 minutes ago, Diceman said:

Again your accuracy is faulty... you did not let the Tlynx go... I ordered it to retreat and led you the other way... Initially, I thought I could make the forts at Beaufort... once I knew that wasn't going to happen, I ordered the Tlynx to retreat and reversed course...

I'm not saying you have to take a fight on any terms... and never did. Just that I look forward to meeting again on more equal terms...

No I could have easily ran down the T-Lynx and let you go, and kept the T-lynx and what ever it had, OR I could have capped and sunk you.  Either option was viable.  I chose to let the NPC ship go and go for the bigger fish.  Which was empty LOL.

Diplomacy in Naval Action...

A: *point you with a finger*

B: If you do not stop that I am going to TEAR YOUR F*ING FACE OFF!!!

A: *Still pointing*

B: YOU F*ER ASKED FOR THIS!!!  IM GOING TO TEAR YOUR WHOLE NATIONS FACE OFF!!!

B: *Take a screen shot for later brags*

Edited by Cmdr RideZ