Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 2 for patch 10.00

admin

18 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

According to patch notes in PVE captureing a Npc trader is unrestricted ,which means that after boarding battle the same procedure should still be in place but it's not!!  .it did not list it as being a different procedure to capture Trader ships or taking their cargo so is it bugged or just overlooked spent the last two nights trying to capture ships with no luck

I have captured several traders on PvE.  Do the boarding action, and after winning, escape out of the boarding UI.  Move the camera to face the other ship, maybe just need to move the mouse a bit, and it will give you the 'X' prompt.  Hit 'X' to go to the UI to move items between ship holds. If you have fleet space, you can move to fleet or sink.  If no space, then when you exit it will sink.  If you move to fleet, you get no gold or PvE marks.  If it sinks you get about 2k gold and one precious OvE mark for your trouble.  Also, no repair items are give if you capture, I'm even if you have to sink it. 

Edited by quarter
Typo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would like to say thank you. I will stop my rant about the map.   That exactly what I mean when something to replace it to help us.

thats cute, the dutch still have to travel two ports away to get our coal, and its a spanish port either a 30 minute sail away or an hour away. XD I find it funny how its called "hard" to play the pirates yet you have some splendid resource distribution, think its time to label them as easy up there in the middle of everything, 2 trade nodes and the resources, 

But on that note, is there any way we could get our coal moved to somewhere in like caracas, seeing how the French start with coal, the Danes have coal 5 minutes away from their capital as do the swedes, 10 minutes away, and we (dutch) are bordering all of them, so we need to be able to compete with 3 nations that pretty much have instant access to coal.

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Now the bait thing I would love to see.  *HINT HINT PIRATES*  Where it says I'm in a trader snow in OW but when I tag you or you tag me than it changes to the proper ship in battle.

Such as what ships here? Because i hate to break it to you, but captain generally had eyes, and at least one crew member would, i could see a snow being mistaken for like a pickle. But like other than that, yea there would be no mistaking, especially with the ships we have in game, perhaps an LGV with a frigate from the rear or front. The best way to go about that would be to put extra cannons on trader ships in return for less cargo space. 

5 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

thats cute, the dutch still have to travel two ports away to get our coal, and its a spanish port either a 30 minute sail away or an hour away. XD I find it funny how its called "hard" to play the pirates yet you have some splendid resource distribution, think its time to label them as easy up there in the middle of everything, 2 trade nodes and the resources, 

But on that note, is there any way we could get our coal moved to somewhere in like caracas, seeing how the French start with coal, the Danes have coal 5 minutes away from their capital as do the swedes, 10 minutes away, and we (dutch) are bordering all of them, so we need to be able to compete with 3 nations that pretty much have instant access to coal.

Such as what ships here? Because i hate to break it to you, but captain generally had eyes, and at least one crew member would, i could see a snow being mistaken for like a pickle. But like other than that, yea there would be no mistaking, especially with the ships we have in game, perhaps an LGV with a frigate from the rear or front. The best way to go about that would be to put extra cannons on trader ships in return for less cargo space. 

Suck it up butter cup and cap that region if you want coal.   Man what the hell does any of this has to do with the Map coords and navigation.  You got some hate just cause you picked your nation.  Yah you picked it not me.  Oh and one of those coals is at Kidd's Island Rum Cove, not an easy place to navigate to since we don't have Coords and can't see it on the map.    Pluss you don't HAVE TO HAVE COAL for most things to play.  Learn to trade and good luck.

Yes They had eyes, but if you had a SNOW with all it's guns drawn in except maybe the three that you would see on the Trader Snow and it's playing a Merchants flag (most ships and companies had it's own flags) and is named after a merchant ships (cause it was one when captured by pirates).  Than that ship gets close or you plan to take it cause it's not from your nation and suddenly....All hands and the gun ports open and it's a fully loaded Snow and not a Trader Snow that is called deception.  Both my examples above where Trader Brig and Trader Snow that have none Trader version.  The LVG actually could maybe be crossed with the Bell Poule as they where designed by the same guy but I don't think they look very simular so this would be something you can only do with the Brig, Snow, Cutter, Lynx.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Suck it up butter cup and cap that region if you want coal.   Man what the hell does any of this has to do with the Map coords and navigation.  You got some hate just cause you picked your nation.  Yah you picked it not me.  Oh and one of those coals is at Kidd's Island Rum Cove, not an easy place to navigate to since we don't have Coords and can't see it on the map.    Pluss you don't HAVE TO HAVE COAL for most things to play.  Learn to trade and good luck.

Yes They had eyes, but if you had a SNOW with all it's guns drawn in except maybe the three that you would see on the Trader Snow and it's playing a Merchants flag (most ships and companies had it's own flags) and is named after a merchant ships (cause it was one when captured by pirates).  Than that ship gets close or you plan to take it cause it's not from your nation and suddenly....All hands and the gun ports open and it's a fully loaded Snow and not a Trader Snow that is called deception.  Both my examples above where Trader Brig and Trader Snow that have none Trader version.  The LVG actually could maybe be crossed with the Bell Poule as they where designed by the same guy but I don't think they look very simular so this would be something you can only do with the Brig, Snow, Cutter, Lynx.

one word: balance 

1 minute ago, OneEyedSnake said:

one word: balance 

Ok than give us the BP and Permits for all the SOL and the Aggy.  We dont' have that in our shop.  WE have the Pirate Frigate and that is it.......so want to speak about Balance now we are handicaped from 1/2 the port battles compared to Nationals. 

Next?

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Ok than give us the BP and Permits for all the SOL and the Aggy.  We dont' have that in our shop.  WE have the Pirate Frigate and that is it.......so want to speak about Balance now we are handicaped from 1/2 the port battles compared to Nationals. 

Next?

ok. balance with history. pirates didnt have line ships. 

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Next?

That's his point?  Pirates in their current stance in this game are treated as Nationals and have to capture ports like everyone else.  Yet, they do not have access to line ships while everyone else does.  Pirates are totally fine with not having access to line ships IF they have other mechanics in the game unique that the Nationals don't have, like the ability to cap PVE ships, the ability to RAID ports, etc.  

If they're to be a Nation then allow them line ships to compete, if they're to be actual Pirates then allow them mechanics that are piratey.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 3:04 PM, admin said:

Captains

• Protractor tool added to map in the open world

• If you set the direction and go into battle, then the direction after the battle disappears from the compass.
  • The protractor shows the wrong direction if you set the course from Cayo Vacas to Manataca. The difference is about 10 degrees.
  • If you sank in a mission near Mimbres, you can teleport to Cayo Biscano or Islamorado. On the map, mission is close to Mimbres.
Edited by qw569

given the map is flat but earth is not, and seeing that all the spots are in the correct real world coordinates, reckon there might be declination to account for ?! unsure on this but feels like it.

17 minutes ago, qw569 said:

• The protractor shows the wrong direction if you set the course from Cayo Vacas to Manataca. The difference is about 10 degrees.

I noticed the tool is off a bit in general, but it could also be map not perfectly reflecting 3D world.

17 minutes ago, qw569 said:
  • If you sank in a mission near Mimbres, you can teleport to Cayo Biscano or Islamorado. On the map, mission is next to Mimbres.

This happened to me and clan mate as well.  Are we being sent to nearest deep water port on death?

43 minutes ago, akd said:

I noticed the tool is off a bit in general, but it could also be map not perfectly reflecting 3D world.

I think so

43 minutes ago, akd said:

This happened to me and clan mate as well.  Are we being sent to nearest deep water port on death?

exactly. It are the nearest deep water ports.

I was on basic cutter and did mission on thief.

Edited by qw569

3 hours ago, Edward J Kenway said:

You can Exchange Pve for PVP marks 10 PvE equal 1 PvP

It was possible on testbed but does not seem available on the current PVP servers. Am I missing something?

By the way, a lack of PVE for PVP exchange is going to be possibly an insurmountable setback for nations that can't find PVP near their home waters because by the time we (the Dutch and others) are able to build up enough wealth to support long range PVP patrols or buy PVP marks (if anyone actually sells them) we'll be waaaaaay behind.

4 hours ago, Farrago said:

It was possible on testbed but does not seem available on the current PVP servers. Am I missing something?

By the way, a lack of PVE for PVP exchange is going to be possibly an insurmountable setback for nations that can't find PVP near their home waters because by the time we (the Dutch and others) are able to build up enough wealth to support long range PVP patrols or buy PVP marks (if anyone actually sells them) we'll be waaaaaay behind.

I think that was just on the testbed for test purposes.  I thought I recalled Admin saying that PvE to PvP mark exchange wasn't going to be on the live servers.

10 hours ago, AxIslander said:

Why do we get PVE Marks when we can NOT exchange them for somthing usefull? PVE Marks are useless on the PVP server!

For the trade ships blue prints and permits.  I did think the Devs said we could get some of the ship knowledge books with them but I checked and they all want PvP marks.

10 hours ago, Edward J Kenway said:

You can Exchange Pve for PVP marks 10 PvE equal 1 PvP

NOt that you can get PvP there, but maybe PvE server as it's the only place with an exchange, but thought that was PvE into PvP marks for them.

Why did they deactivate "Add Firends" from other Nations? 1. they would remove Global, but the chat is in. Instead that they deactivate the FL Feature to add everyone you like.. if it is an enemy ? Bad Style.. Big Brother is Watching you...

Edited by SirDanger

Yesterday my clan crafted a LGV. Was socked when noticed this ship NOW only had 1335 in Hold capacity!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Trader Brig had 1750 hold! What reason had anybody to craft a LGV? It's this a bug??? Lost  something?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, fremen said:

Yesterday my clan crafted a LGV. Was socked when noticed this ship NOW only had 1335 in Hold capacity!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Trader Brig had 1750 hold! What reason had anybody to craft a LGV? It's this a bug??? Lost  something?

wow that's big news!

Well, let's hope at least that the Indiaman has not nerfed to death as well

Edited by victor
  • Like 1