Game-Labs Forum

Technical problems and bugs

admin

I have received my access code for openworld and entered it in Steam at the Beta's tab and enter the code.  Then click "check code" and received "Access code correct, private beta 'clean_Openworld is now available.  But in the drop down menu it says "None-Opt out of all beta programs" and no download, what is up with this?

Please help, Toggman

I have received my access code for openworld and entered it in Steam at the Beta's tab and enter the code.  Then click "check code" and received "Access code correct, private beta 'clean_Openworld is now available.  But in the drop down menu it says "None-Opt out of all beta programs" and no download, what is up with this?

Please help, Toggman

Same problem was here.  Restarting Steam helped, downloading now.

Edited by Inigo Balboa

Player Scepo at X:70011.3 Z:12646.0

Player LTCjRet at X:691291.8 Z:-21449.3

I left a battle off of Charlestown and am stuck bobbing like an apple without a ship at coordinates 691291.8 -21449.3 Friends report I'm seen as a Victory with a sails down at that location but I have no way of recovering.
Nearest neutral port is Plymouth, Montserrat.

Player Scepo at the given location has hit the same bug.  Nearest port may be St Ann.

We have tried logging out, resetting graphics, multiple messages to admins with no response, etc.

Could you please reset us? We sure would appreciate it.

Regards,
LTCjRet and Scepo

Where are the invites for open world showing up?  I've had my Santi for several months and keep checking my email and this forum.  Are the invites showing up ingame?

That said, Open World is down for a week or two for development.  You'll need to wait until they bring the servers back up.

• 2 weeks later...

I loged off from OW while being on the ocean in a Navy Brig and came back 12h later. There was a battle result screen and I was in the (presumably) nearest neutral port without a ship. I tried the same with a Lynx then and this time I kept it (still transfered back to port). Is that a bug or a feature? Is there a penalty for loging of while not being in a port?

I loged off from OW while being on the ocean in a Navy Brig and came back 12h later. There was a battle result screen and I was in the (presumably) nearest neutral port without a ship. I tried the same with a Lynx then and this time I kept it (still transfered back to port). Is that a bug or a feature? Is there a penalty for loging of while not being in a port?

It sounds like you were attacked (either player or NPC) and sunk after you logged off. You remain visible and susceptible to attack for 10 minutes after you log off on the open sea, so yes it pays to find a port before logging off.

The Lynx is a starter ship with infinite lives so that's why you kept it the second time.

It sounds like you were attacked (either player or NPC) and sunk after you logged off. You remain visible and susceptible to attack for 10 minutes after you log off on the open sea, so yes it pays to find a port before logging off.

The Lynx is a starter ship with infinite lives so that's why you kept it the second time.

Thanks for the answer. So other ships have just one live? You lose one time and they  are gone?

Bart, have you completely exited and restarted Steam?

Yesterday I experienced an ai light ship sailing through the island with the port Fort Baai. I don't know if this is a bug or if collisions aren't implemented yet for ai.

Goodblue - when you see this, please punch F11 and fill out the form - that will help the developers identify and fix the routing.  :)

My mate got this graphic glitch nearly every time when he leving battle instance and trying back to open world.Noticed as well suddenly huge fps drop form 20-30 to 0-5. He noticed as well this only happen when he leaving battle never when leaving port:

25049401385361649982.png

Any ideas? He got rig: i3 cpu, 8 gb ddr3 and GeForce 730 GT 2GB with dx 11 . He can play GTA V and other games on medium/low without problem...

• 3 weeks later...

I am stuck on the Combat results screen and even restarting the game does not get me unstuck. I require help to get unstuck i think. I filled in a F11.

Clicking the OK button does not close the window. I can move the chatwindow but not use chat. I can move items too and from the inventory but not from the mods window

cliking my ship gives me the option to destroy it or send it too chat. The Esc Button does nothing for me. I recently changed my screen to windows mode, which is the only thing i can think of that might have caused this.

...SOS...