Game-Labs Forum

Technical problems and bugs

admin

Bought the game yesterday on steam.

When i create a new character i get spawned near roseau no matter what nation i choose. My ship wont react to any commands and is stuck but the speed shown is something like 5000KN. After every 30 seconds or so i get respawned and if i wait long enough it respawns me at port royal, where im able to enter but as soon as i leave my ship is stuck again.

I already tried reinstalling/relogging/starting a new game on a different server

Please, can you run connection test report and pos the name here? it is 4-th option in the launcher or Steam

Some issues I have had or am having:

1. I've been sunk a few times in my yacht, it always reappeared in port with all its gear there, last night I was sinking and almost sunk and had opportunity to hit escape to flee the battle and when I did so I wound up in a port with no ship, no means to get to my home port and having to wait the time delay (despite my not having redeemed a yacht in a long time). I tried logging out then back in but wound up in same spot with no boat. I ended up buying a free cutter to get home but my yacht had many upgrades and I am concerned that I will lose them. I had got used to the fact of its reappearance when I was sunk so wasn't prepared for this or I would have been more cautious. Have the rules suddenly changed or is this a bug?

2. As I enter combat the loading screen is upside down for a few seconds (this  has only happened lately but is consistent, I cant F11 this as it is happening)

3. I entered a multiplayer combat to find myself on the verge of sinking, but with no leaks, no damage and I hadn't been shot at. (About 95% flooded) I went straight to emergency mode and pumped it out and was able to continue normally but this was definitely strange (has only happened the once) I didn't think to F11 this as I was too busy trying not to sink.

4. FPS is terrible (20FPS) despite Gigabyte GTX G1 Gaming Windforce Graphics card 32 gig RAM, MSI Gaming 7 motherboard, SSD with 64 bit windows 7. On MX17 gaming laptop only 6FPS

5. Ping is terrible 300+ (any chance of an Australian server or an oceanic one?

6. Aim on guns seems way off sometimes (I am prepared to accept this as a vagary of the combat) Sometimes I aim in front of enemy ship they shoot to rear or vice a versa. 

7 Several times I have had ship freeze and it actually submerges with wave action. Usually recovers by itself though.

For the most part the game runs completely fine, but when i am in open world and sailing, out of no where my game completely freezes solid and i am not just talking about every so often, i am talking every 10 minutes without fail and i cannot even ctrl+alt+delete to access task manager - my system locks solid and i have to manually reboot.

I have reinstalled the game, turned down my settings, as much as i can think of but still nothing is fixing it.

System specs:

i5-4670

GeForce GTX-770

16GB RAM

For the most part the game runs completely fine, but when i am in open world and sailing, out of no where my game completely freezes solid and i am not just talking about every so often, i am talking every 10 minutes without fail and i cannot even ctrl+alt+delete to access task manager - my system locks solid and i have to manually reboot.

I have reinstalled the game, turned down my settings, as much as i can think of but still nothing is fixing it.

System specs:

i5-4670

GeForce GTX-770

16GB RAM

Please, send the crash reports through Steam launcher (3-rd option) and post the report name here (like NAB-12345)

My frame rate problems were totally cured by turning off anti aliasing and it seemed to improve the picture as well. I jumped from 20FPS to over 40 and with the last fix was hitting 60 to 75FPS and the picture looks better than it did before.

bought this game when it came out on steam still will not let me get past character selection. After i press start all that happens is a black dot showa up in the bottom left of the character selection screen. Please if there's any fix known please  tell me!

i have 2mB per second download speed if this is a problem let me know

Edited by baka

Thanks for reporting, we will examine logs regarding this issue and player operations history, and get back to you

Any luck with this?

While I've been waiting, I've created a new character to keep playing.

II'd settle for getting my redeemed and gifted ships back (Yacht, Niagara, La Renomme); not fussed about the other items.

Cheers!

Pulsey, your reports indicate the issue with your GPU. It might be either overheating or drivers issue. Could you please reinstall the latest drivers and also check your GPU temperature while playing NA? Also, try reinstall the game and visual studio redist

Nankeen Heron, the issue is still under investigation

Baka, last time we spoke, you were trying to open the ports on netgear router. Did you manage to open them or did you contact netgear support to have an assist?

Pulsey, your reports indicate the issue with your GPU. It might be either overheating or drivers issue. Could you please reinstall the latest drivers and also check your GPU temperature while playing NA? Also, try reinstall the game and visual studio redist

My graphics drivers were uninstalled and reinstalled when the game crashed the first time, i have now reinstalled the game three times, including your recommendation and i have installed visual studio redist.

I have also installed CPUID HWMonitor - checked the the temparature of my GPU about 30 seconds before i crashed again and it was at 79 °C. (normal temp)

NAS-112007

Edited by Pulsey

-these are my computer stats the pic file is wats on my screen wen ingame how do i fix it?post-18091-0-20232500-1454174307_thumb.jpg

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/30/2016, 09:12:16

Machine name: T2-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151230-0600)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Equus Computer Systems

System Model: Nobilis

BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/08/08 17:50:03 Ver: 08.00.10

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU     E7500  @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4084MB RAM

Page File: 2036MB used, 6131MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

-these are my computer stats the pic file is wats on my screen wen ingame how do i fix it?attachicon.gif2016-01-29_00001.jpg
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/30/2016, 09:12:16
       Machine name: T2-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151230-0600)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Equus Computer Systems
       System Model: Nobilis
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/08/08 17:50:03 Ver: 08.00.10
          Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU     E7500  @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4084MB RAM
          Page File: 2036MB used, 6131MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes

You are runing an outdated CPU, please follow the steps to try to fix the issue:

1) try to reinstall visual studio redist and the game.

2) If it doesn't help, go to "SteamApps\common\Naval Action\Client_Data\Plugins" and open CPU_WaterGen.cfg in any text editor. Replace "-- use_SSE4 = false" line with "use_SSE4 = false" (remove two minuses on front of it). Do the same with "SteamApps\common\Naval Action\Client_Data\Plugi64\CPU_WaterGen.cfg" file. And try to run game.

3) If the issue is still there, try to run the game by selecting "Play Naval Action Beta (x86) in the steam launcher options.

Please, check private messages

I am experiencing the same issue as Pulsey - repeated complete system freezes.  I have a new nVidia GTX780 (runs at 79 dec C during gameplay) and a fresh install of drivers and the game.  I'd attach logs but apparently I can't upload .zip

NAS-13729

Edit: can confirm that this was caused by a hardware issue.  Swapped out my gfx card for an older one and it's working fine.

Edited by friznit

Position in queue climbs. I'm sitting at 295 now, and when I entered roughly 5 minutes ago, I was 231. I can understand long log-in time (I walked off and did some necessary business), but not my position rising.

This comes after being forced to log out at the end of a victorious battle because my ship disappeared but it would not send me to the report screen. I did F11 that, but can't F11 this.

Position in queue climbs. I'm sitting at 295 now, and when I entered roughly 5 minutes ago, I was 231. I can understand long log-in time (I walked off and did some necessary business), but not my position rising.

This comes after being forced to log out at the end of a victorious battle because my ship disappeared but it would not send me to the report screen. I did F11 that, but can't F11 this.

It seems the server crashed.