Game-Labs Forum

Will we be compensated for our ships after the wipe?

Unless I get some comparable reedemable ships or some serious compensation of SOME kind for all my gold ships and upgrades that i worked hard for, this will be the final nail in the coffin for me, I'll be done with this game for good.

I have no problem with wiping EVERYTHING and starting with a totally fresh and even playing field, but that's NOT what's being done here if ONLY ships are being wiped.Players who can already craft good ships are barely going to be affected, and people like myself, who havent put time into crafting XP, or stockpiling money+resources are going to be totally screwed. I don't play this game to make spreadsheets, or to stare at walls of text, or crafting menus, I play this game for the historical ships, sailing, and combat; and I've put countless hours into buying, trading for, and collecting good ships and upgrades. I put all my money+resources into buying/ trading for ships; so i have almost no in-game money, resources, or crafting XP, so if I loose my ships i'll have nothing left to play for.

The group i used to sail with is long gone, my friends stopped playing this game ages ago, so if I'm not at least compensated for my ships I won't be coming back. I hope the devs will see reason and stop driving away the players who don't have endless amounts of free-time to devote to stockpiling resources, crafting, or groveling to the players who have high crafting XP.

• Like 3

That post is from last year, the wipe post was much more specific and states they are not compatible and have to go.

These changes will make all existing ships obsolete and impossible to use due to database structure changes. As a result all ships and upgrades will be removed/deleted from the game

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

that is an old post though, they have recently said to scrape them for the materials.  Though they hinted we might get a few redeemable ships so we aren't completely dead in the water.

True. I scrapped most already though.

everyone will receive an extremely rare ship on release for all the troubles during testing. 
all bans will be lifted and everything bad will be forgiven as well. 

during wipes we believe compensation will stop us from testing new economy and as a final last wipe will also happen right before release - it means you might lose the compensated ships too. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, admin said:

everyone will receive an extremely rare ship on release for all the troubles during testing. 

during wipes we believe compensation will stop us from testing new economy and as a final last wipe will also happen right before release - it means you might lose the compensated ships too. 

What exactly counts as an "extremely rare" ship? The "rare" ships you get from events have become some of the most common ships since those rewards are given so often. The only ship I can think of would be the Santa Cecilia, but giving every player one will make the value of that ship drop significantly, and those fortunate enough to already have one would probably feel like the Colonel 100 in Battlefield Friends.

Also just one ship is a let down for vets who have spent ages collecting a whole armada of ships to choose from. I have a great npc capped 3rd rate that I got a year ago. A rare frigate won't make up for a ship I'll never have again.

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Latron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Serk said:

It could be an uncraftable ship like the Santa Cecilia or the yatch. Maybe the french hermione?

Frnch Hermione is suppose to be released as part of the normal ships. I'm betting it will be something like the Wappen, Yatch and Santa Cecillia and maybe a good rare 1st rate would make me happy as they would be special rare ships only EA players have and only can get them afterwards for special rewards.   Would love a nice trader too in that package.  It can be easy as doing like the Yatch and SC just give us a special skin version of other ships that mark us as EA players over others.

7 hours ago, Latron said:

I know there has been a lot of temper lately:)

Does this meen forum ban´s as well?

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Frnch Hermione is suppose to be released as part of the normal ships. I'm betting it will be something like the Wappen, Yatch and Santa Cecillia and maybe a good rare 1st rate would make me happy as they would be special rare ships only EA players have and only can get them afterwards for special rewards.   Would love a nice trader too in that package.  It can be easy as doing like the Yatch and SC just give us a special skin version of other ships that mark us as EA players over others.

I would imagine it to be around 4th rate at best, it would mess with balance too much to give some players crazy access to a first to 3rd.

I bet you it's going to be the extremely rare but extremely hard core gunboat that was originally intended as a special something for the sea trials players.

My guess would be Santa Cecilia or a new unannounced ship around that level. My hope is for an unannounced ship because I'm hoping there is a bank of unreleased ships going on behind the scenes but that's likely just wishful thinking :D

12 minutes ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

I would imagine it to be around 4th rate at best, it would mess with balance too much to give some players crazy access to a first to 3rd.

I bet you it's going to be the extremely rare but extremely hard core gunboat that was originally intended as a special something for the sea trials players.

My guess would be Santa Cecilia or a new unannounced ship around that level. My hope is for an unannounced ship because I'm hoping there is a bank of unreleased ships going on behind the scenes but that's likely just wishful thinking :D

Well I bet they will do the yacht thing still.  Since they can all ways redeem them.  Wished i bought the game when I wanted to, but I said, "when I get back from this next job."  Three months later I return from Spain and it was going into EA so I didn't get the yatch since I paid for the game on steam not through paypal.   I'm one of those guys that like collecting things.  Though the Santa Cecilia would be my dream ship even if it's limited on the dura.   Only time will tell.  It's all ready going to be hard on new players vs us cause we will have all the knowledge to get geared up fast and out there producing suff and will have our rank and crafting levels.

Well... I found this ... thing.... extremely rare :D

Days%2527s%2BSubmarine%2B1773.jpg

... The illustration above, taken from Sueter’s book, shows cross-sections of the vessel. A sealed wooden air-chamber was constructed amidships with access through a manhole in its roof. Large stones were suspended beneath as ballast and could be slipped free from within to allow fast ascent. One successful submergence was made in Plymouth Sound and this prompted a second in a deeper and more exposed part of the anchorage. This attempt took place on June 20th 1774 and the craft was initially found too buoyant to sink. Day accordingly ordered further stones to be added after he had entered and sealed the airchamber. With the extra ballast, the craft plunged down to the seabed 22 fathoms (132 feet) below the surface...

Dawlish Chronicles dot Com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordMustang said:

I'd like a Flying Dutchman with submerge capabilities, gatling bowchasers and immortal crew.

The ability to summon the Krakem would also be really appreciated.

23928298_1462725447_1920.jpeg

Just a little over the top don't you think?? Sheesh...all i want is an outboard motor for the back for when i leave port and ALWAYS have the wind directly in my face...

3 hours ago, The Spud said:

Can't we have like a craft note where you can select any ship type you want and any wood, type, fitting, bonus you want and just push craft to insta craft it? So we don't all have the same ship with the same set up. Just an idea.

Why would we have the same ship and same set up?  You can still pick the wood type, trim and refit in the new system by what I'm understanding.  They are just makeing it moer about the crafting and experience of your ship and crew than a bunch of rare mods.

34 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Why would we have the same ship and same set up?  You can still pick the wood type, trim and refit in the new system by what I'm understanding.  They are just makeing it moer about the crafting and experience of your ship and crew than a bunch of rare mods.

I was actualy talking about the special rare ship they are going to give out to all the EA testers upon release. If they do it like they do with redeemables now, we just all get the same ship and its not realy special. If they would do it this way everyone can make the ship they always wanted and from week one the playing field would be much more varied.

For the regular ships and stuff I understand the mechanics, and it'll be great fun to actualy benefit from sailing the same ship over a longer period of time. However i fear it might be possible that we will sail the more popular ships even more and the less popular ones even less. But we'll see.

• Like 1