Game-Labs Forum

War Supplied from 0 to 100

Well done to the Danes for making and dropping 135 war supplies in a 'hostility bomb' (Trademark Pending).

No quibbles or accusations here.

More a mechanics question. Do we want this to be a thing ?...12 sailors in Indies...couple of mega circle taggers ahead....do we want this to be a thing.

Or should there be a cap per x time on y% for hostility jump.

• Like 3

It was a fair but painful utilization of a capability clearly present in the new system.  

A rule tweak on the use of a Hostility Bomb  might be appropriate.

Alternatively, the County targeted by a Hostility Bomb might be given a limited amount of time ... 24 hours?  48 hours?  2 hours?  To Counter-bomb, or to "disarm" the Hostility Bomb.

~ HK ~

• Like 2

Yeah, would agree on 50% being a fair number. If we look at it as weapons being smuggled into port to arm some "rebels" who will then occupy the port, you still have a safe ocean you need to conquer to get maximum chaos. Still well done to the danes for being the first ones to pull it off.

Edited by The Spud
  • Like 4

Well done to the Danes for making and dropping 135 war supplies in a 'hostility bomb' (Trademark Pending).

More a mechanics question. Do we want this to be a thing ?...12 sailors in Indies...couple of mega circle taggers ahead....do we want this to be a thing.

Jaheil ...

do not think lightly about that achievement it is a Guinness book of  record actually

first to get the nation on your side to make it 

second to get all the time -gold  and xp and resources up for this 

it is a huge accommplisment..

of cause and i agree with you on this .....the question on this  should this be;. a 100 % victory in taking ports without having a fight on the water is this the way it should work?

a solution i would sayis  that : the War supplies are good for max 70 % of the total hostility (70 % war supplies max and at least 30 % ships for a total hostility victory i\s needed)

on the other hand and i must say :applause to the danes

applaus-smiley-bewegende-animatie-0010.g

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 3

Think some type of time system is a good idea.

I remember pirates of the burning sea had something like it.

Yah you can turn in only so much at a time, but if you timed it right and had a port close you can do a lot with just the goods.   I'll have to say a time restriction is needed to give the other nation time to counter it.  Just a one big drop and boom 100% is not good. 

Right now it's so hard to grind the fleets and get PvP cause no one shows up and runs or they do other things to counter it instead of PvP.  Like they pick missions in other areas.  The map should show what port the missions are being done near to give you a clue where to go hunting.   Some regions are very big so it's a lot of grounds to cover to find fleets doing missions.   Even worse when you can just roll up with several ships and just flip a port by dropping off goods that can't be countered. 

• Like 1

Three questions:

1. How many nations have a Coast Guard of Players dedicated to actually patrolling their coasts, perhaps with 5th rates, working together with good formation discipline and Battle Comms?
  2. How many nations should have such a Coast Guard?
  3. Would that be a good or bad way to train Junior Officer Players in Discipline, Formation Sailing, and good Battle Comms?

Discuss.

~ HK ~

Edited by HardyKnox
  • Like 1

I think it was maturin (the tester, not the books medic ;) ) who first suggested hostility increments working over time  .... so as such "bomb" being applied over X time (i.e. 4 hours) instead of instantly.... so defenders could have time to react 

• Like 1

Jaheil ...

do not think lightly about that achievement it is a Guinness book of  record actually

first to get the nation on your side to make it 

second to get all the time -gold  and xp and resources up for this 

it is a huge accommplisment..

of cause and i agree with you on this .....the question on this  should this be;. a 100 % victory in taking ports without having a fight on the water is this the way it should work?

a solution i would sayis  that : the War supplies are good for max 70 % of the total hostility (70 % war supplies max and at least 30 % ships for a total hostility victory i\s needed)

on the other hand and i must say :applause to the danes

applaus-smiley-bewegende-animatie-0010.g

I totally tip my hat to the crafting effort

• Like 3

Question: Why don't post squadrons intercept the "bomber" formations ?

With our little playerbase there is no way to blockade a region for 18 hours a day - simply set a time for everyones trip and unless you get unlucky by being spotted and the enemy also having a fleet ready for intercept (not very propable) the bomb has been delivered. You simply can't counter this if I get my clan to make a run at 2am jsut prior to the hostility end.

I'd still highly advocate to draw out the time needed for hostility so a region ahs to be contested for several days isntead of a 4 hour PvE trip or 8 hour for timezone spread nations. I would honestly not ahve the slightest problem with the map barely moving (assign a region or 2 more to the danes and swedes to make it fair) so combat is spread all over the map instead of what we have now with pretty much the same front liens developing yet again (spain-britain around the yucatan, french(spanish region and assisted by them through alliance)-dutch near pampatar etc.).

I totally tip my hat to the crafting effort

Jeheil: don't forget that you made a post that this feature should be easier to craft/supplies, but when it's used against your alliance it's need a nerf..

I like to see the brits accomplish this as a nation..

The craft itself is well over 50k labour hours and a toon of resources that cost around 20-25mill..'

Think there is alot of double morale going around here, and to quote the guy that we won the port without a fight is also not correct as we also need to win the port battle..

Jeheil: also told you that this was comming in your youtube video, this was a effort by your truly with help from RDNN and RUS..

And to be off topic aswell: Do we want screening to be a thing???? that makes it's so the biggest player based nation will never lose andy port when fortifaction in port battles come.. there should allowed to enter a port battle just by being in the hostile region and would make the screeners job more intresting...

• Like 4

Nerf WarSupplies rly? Did u saw only fact the up hostility on Georgia ? During 2 weeks 2 corporations expend all their forces. What next? Banned Danmark nation? Evict the RUS and RDNN in the Pacific Ocean? -removed-

​Edit: removed non game related comment. ~ the Moderation Team ~

• Like 1

War supplies weight has been adjusted to address the issue

I won't complain about this before I see the new weight in game, but the sheer cost in labour hours, gold and real life hours invested in gathering the materials is already extremely prohibitive to making war supplies. The cooperative community effort of a nation to overcome this should be rewarded, not prohibited further. Just a few days ago people were saying in this forum that War Supplies were too expensive and didn't give enough hostility points.

This was the all time greatest smuggling run in Naval Action history.

• Like 5

I won't complain about this before I see the new weight in game, but the sheer cost in labour hours, gold and real life hours invested in gathering the materials is already extremely prohibitive to making war supplies. The cooperative community effort of a nation to overcome this should be rewarded, not prohibited further. Just a few days ago people were saying in this forum that War Supplies were too expensive and didn't give enough hostility points.

Captain, the recipe has also been adjusted to lower cumulative LH needed
  • Like 1

weight changed from 211 to 1000

• Like 1

Seriously....Brits didnt flip the port with Supplies,somebody else did.Lets nerf it.

No further comments needed.

• Like 2