Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.96 - New conquest, New trading, New ships and other things

admin

I like the new hostilitysystem but it seems odd that everyone does PvE and warsupplies isntead of PvP in the regions.

In my opinion the problem is, that missionrunners are too hard to find. some regions are so big that you cant even cover them and never find missionrunners. Maybe there should be little zones where missions are highlighted (like shipwrecks) or just an area where a mission is or was active.

If you want to counter hostility in big regions atm the choice is doing missions instead of hunting and i hate that so much that i rather search for pvp in hostilityregions but i didnt get a battle for days now

Hostility and Counter-hostility missions should spawn relatively close to each other in a few locations.

My wife loves the new crafting since update.

We have managed to get three bedrooms done and two utility rooms all fully decorated.

My gaming in NA is now down to less than an hour a day, so I am far more productive on the DIY front.

She said, "what ever you do, don't make the new ship BPs available to craft until after Christmas", she wants the living room, kitchen and bathroom done before then and she knows if you do make them available, I'll be building them day in day out.

Please Devs, help me, the smell of paint and adhesive is getting to me, please make the game more encouraging to play.

Edited by Jesters-Ink
  • Like 4

The game continues to be visually great, the actual battle mechanics are getting better and more refined, more and more (maybe too many kinds) trade goods.

It's definitely a work of art.  Lots of good work done.

But...

Is it to be like something on display?  Or played?  If its to be played, then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reduce the port battle cool down timers.  FORTY SIX hours to wait for a port battle is too long.  Not that it really matters to me,my work schedule is keeping me out of all but one port battle so far, all but 1 port battle for my nation has occurred when I'm asleep or at work (yes, that's my problem, no, i"m not asking the game be tweaked for my benefit).  I am asking that once the hostility requirement has been met that it not take days before the battle happens. 

Looks like it takes TEN! TEN! days before you can start build hostility to retake a port once its been lost, so 10 (TEN!) days waiting to start working on taking a port back, at least a day (probably more) to get the hostility up, then FORTY-SIX hours before the battle happens, basically TWO WHOLE WEEKS before you can retake a port.  Beautiful game, but, that's crazy.  I WANT TO do something besides craft ships! 

Oh, I can do PVP, yep, I've only had a few PvP battles in this game, and I'm not a fan anymore, even though that's what I was looking forward to when I bought the game.  You see, my experience (Yes, yours will probably be different than mine), but my experience is if I win the pvp battle I get swarmed by a large fleet of enemy players on exiting the battle.  I don't do PvP on this game anymore. 

Oh, I can go to PVE?  Sure, only 6 or is it 8 ports for my nation on PVE and can't capture ports, and theres one nation with only 4 (I seriously do feel sorry for anyone wanting to play that nation on PVE).

Great game, and I mean that, but you've got to have more ports for the smaller nations (or just take them out of the game), and, all nations have to have a reasonably similar access to resources. 

Seriously.

Redo the map, give us reasonable timers (not days!!!!!!!!!), or just make it Spain, British, and pirates.  Rookie area, I think is a good idea...keep that, but make it so everyone else starts off more evenly.  Woujld really like to see each port have to be captured individually, not a whole region at a time, reduce the time delay (ok, I can see where a 24 hour timer for port battle start makes sense, but if I have to wait 24 hours to do the battle, maybe let the port battle be open the whole time?  Something, or be an ongoing battle for 24 hours...something, I just want to get into the battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've made the game even better with the last patch, except, its kind of more of a work of art at the moment than a game playable for all factions.

If I were a brand new player starting in one of the smaller nations (in terms of ports), I'd quit within the first week the way it is now and probably want my money back.

I've really enjoyed this game, and I really am impressed with it, but these timers and getting swarmed after PvP batles and lack of resource availability for smaller nations....I'm getting HUGELY frustrated (level of frustration is related to how much I've enjoyed the game up to this point).  If I didn't really like this game I wouldn't be nearly so frustrated now.

Too much work, takes too much time, and no pay off at the end for the effort.  I'm sounding off because I don't see myself continuing to play at this point....hoping the situation will change as you continue to develop the game. 

I wish the game would be more like the Patrick O'Brian books.  Lots of hunting on the high seas to find a target, a chase or being chased, decent chance of surviving the encounter, but also a high risk of losing so skill in tactics would be the deciding factor, and then sailing away afterwards if you survive.  Big thrill, satisfaction of victory afterwards, or at least knowing you diid your best and got out played.  Not getting swarmed after every PVP encounter, and not having enemy ships just sitting in front of Free towns waiting to pounce when the BR isin their favor but ducking back into port anytime its not. 

And NO Waiting for Days or a WEEK (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)for a port battle! 

Please! Please?

• Like 1

Update...had a great 1 v 1 (to be completely honest I had 2 AI allied ships) today.  I lost, but the battle was great, the other player was just better than me.  Was an encounter in open ocean, no fleet of enemy allies to deal with afterwards (yeah, I lost so ended up back in port, but he was a long ways from home, and again, no neutral port for a half dozen or more ships to swarm out of).  IF all my PvP had been like this, I'd be ecstatic about this game instead of being on the verge of leaving.  I 'think" I had a slight advantage based on having a higher battle rating from the AI ships, but he just was the more skilled captain, and that's all I want, for a fair chance and the better player to win.

Oh yeah, was an enemy nation player, not a pirate. Last PvP I had before this one was a group of US versus Pirates, we outnumbered them but 10 US players lost their ships, versus no losses to the pirates, and seemed like we never had a chance in that battle, either ALL the US players were idiots, ALL the pirates were cheating, or Pirates have too many perks, not objecting to them winning, but that was a total complete blowout route and I just can't see how that could have ended so lopsided unless one of above applies. 

Thought...Keep PvP 2, but rename it the pirate server.  Currently pirates just have too many perks, no disadvantages, function like a nation instead of like pirates.  Due to circumstances, almost all my pvp play to date has been versus pirates.  I'd rather not play the game then get into another  PvP again with any pirate I've had PvP with (maybe its not the game, in which case there's mass cheating going on? That REALLY seems doubtful), but I'd welcome another battle like I had today (with non-Pirate player), hence, give the pirates the PVP 2 server, everyone might actually be happier.

I'm still frustrated out of my mind over the port battle situation.  When is the next patch?  Probably better for everyone if I just go away until then and see if things get better. 

• Like 1

Update...had a great 1 v 1 (to be completely honest I had 2 AI allied ships) today. I lost, but the battle was great, the other player was just better than me. Was an encounter in open ocean, no fleet of enemy allies to deal with afterwards (yeah, I lost so ended up back in port, but he was a long ways from home, and again, no neutral port for a half dozen or more ships to swarm out of). IF all my PvP had been like this, I'd be ecstatic about this game instead of being on the verge of leaving. I 'think" I had a slight advantage based on having a higher battle rating from the AI ships, but he just was the more skilled captain, and that's all I want, for a fair chance and the better player to win.

Oh yeah, was an enemy nation player, not a pirate. Last PvP I had before this one was a group of US versus Pirates, we outnumbered them but 10 US players lost their ships, versus no losses to the pirates, and seemed like we never had a chance in that battle, either ALL the US players were idiots, ALL the pirates were cheating, or Pirates have too many perks, not objecting to them winning, but that was a total complete blowout route and I just can't see how that could have ended so lopsided unless one of above applies.

Thought...Keep PvP 2, but rename it the pirate server. Currently pirates just have too many perks, no disadvantages, function like a nation instead of like pirates. Due to circumstances, almost all my pvp play to date has been versus pirates. I'd rather not play the game then get into another PvP again with any pirate I've had PvP with (maybe its not the game, in which case there's mass cheating going on? That REALLY seems doubtful), but I'd welcome another battle like I had today (with non-Pirate player), hence, give the pirates the PVP 2 server, everyone might actually be happier.

I'm still frustrated out of my mind over the port battle situation. When is the next patch? Probably better for everyone if I just go away until then and see if things get better.

Smmfh

• Like 1

The last patch made the game to be pretty boring to be honest.

Conquest system is PvE mostly, or war supplies.  This is not PvP really.  The flag system was..  You have your clan online, craft a flag, and go to war.  I would not be surprised if people were now like..  "omg, I don't want to do another mission".  The hostility idea is good, but you have to turn it to be 90% about PvP.

Combat, well, I already told that it sucks now.  The battle results are not as realistic as before. etc.

Regional bonuses are so high, that takes this closer to rock-paper-scissors.  Waiting really the new system, lets hope that 2 months go fast.  You should announce that you return ships as redeemable materials, so that people stop waiting to play as well.

New resource wars and crafting.  Nice thing is that it spread the people all over the map.  Now it is just very hard to find anyone.  There are people who love crafting/trading, but I have a feeling that this group is minority.  It is war we want, PvP.

Far more time sinks, like there was not enough before.  I actually now share the opinion with my friends who quit long time ago.  "Time Sink called Naval Action", this must end.

Lot of forts and AI ships.  Like AI 1st rate fleets?  Maybe make those to be like 7-5th rates only.  Like in middle of nowhere there are ships that spent most of time on drydocks in real life.  You can probably remove every tower from the game.  The reason why people sailed to someones capital is -> Only place to find action, in decent time.

I am waiting Fine Wood, and have stocks full of normal wood.

We may need some kind of regional traffic colors on the map, how many ships in the area past 1 hour or something.  We have to be able to find each other fast.  Have faster speed in OW.  Some, all, or combination.  Or when players online count goes down, the ships get faster and faster in OW.  Or those trade lines with speed multiplier.

ROE was bad before, but it is not good now either.  ROE was bad because it made revenge gank to happen pretty easily.  Well, not going to go in this, but..  What if you would just try the most logical option ever, add a BR equalizer.

I told about the fleet ships before.  That if we have a friend with Indiaman + 2xBasic Frigate with him.  Make other people to be able to jump in this fight, if BR is on level that would make sense.

Even if someone would not have any fleet ships, but is ganked by high BR.  You can basically just let us to teleport there.  Because none is going to lose, except that gank fleet.  Of course, once again, BR limited.

To be honest, I do not even care if you implement any from my ideas..  But you have to get Action back in Naval Action.

Yes, this game it getting simply amazingly boring.

• Like 1

Well with current system you can go smuggler mode, load fast, trader ship with mats for war supplies go to certain port and craft them. Bum. Maybe solution is war supplies need to be crafted in building (own nation only - not ally) and transported to attacked port (as well causing less hostility points)

11 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Well with current system you can go smuggler mode, load fast, trader ship with mats for war supplies go to certain port and craft them. Bum. Maybe solution is war supplies need to be crafted in building (own nation only - not ally) and transported to attacked port (as well causing less hostility points)

You can't craft in ports you don't have outpost. And you can't create outposts in enemy ports.

Perhaps the developers didn't notice but its not possible to acquire the materials to build a high end ship now for instance an exceptional live oak ship now requires FINE wood however we cant get that at Mortimer town the wood types it needs are not available maybe they should put a few more DIFFERENT forests on these islands rather than having just the SAME ones for 10 ports around its a little of a problem.

7 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

Perhaps the developers didn't notice but its not possible to acquire the materials to build a high end ship now for instance an exceptional live oak ship now requires FINE wood however we cant get that at Mortimer town the wood types it needs are not available maybe they should put a few more DIFFERENT forests on these islands rather than having just the SAME ones for 10 ports around its a little of a problem.

Not correct.  You need to travel and/or trade for Fine Woods if there are not some in your back garden.  Just because it is not available at Mortimer Town, does not mean "it is not possible".  The woods are distributed in regional clusters, much like in Reality.  Ever seen an oak tree in the Carribean?  Let alone a Live Oak tree, which is indigenous to the southern United States.

Use the Traders Tool in the Map screen, and travel, or trade with those who do.

~ HK ~

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

You can craft them on your alt and trade them 

All my alts are in the Danish nation. And you need a lot of enemy alts to get all the labour hours then.

Anyway I think doing that would be easy for devs to just check if accounts involved were trading war supplies across nations and it would probably be banable under the same rule that applies to attacking your own alts to get PvP-points. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

All my alts are in the Danish nation. And you need a lot of enemy alts to get all the labour hours then.

Anyway I think doing that would be easy for devs to just check if accounts involved were trading war supplies across nations and it would probably be banable under the same rule that applies to attacking your own alts to get PvP-points. 

Please stop defending a bad game mechanic, it may not be the way you did it, but people have pointed out that it is possible to be exploited in this manner. I can tell you now that if it is possible then someone at some time will do it to gain unfair advantage

5 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Please stop defending a bad game mechanic, it may not be the way you did it, but people have pointed out that it is possible to be exploited in this manner. I can tell you now that if it is possible then someone at some time will do it to gain unfair advantage

And I am saying that if they did it that way they should and would get banned.

On 11/3/2016 at 6:05 PM, Wraith said:

[..]In fact, I would argue for having counter hostility missions give you the option of going to a hostility mission currently running. This would be an instant PvP generating mechanism.

This sounds like a really good idea, perhaps, to prevent this from degenerating into simply ganking the other guy(s) enganged in PvE (and thereby defeating it's own purpose), we need a bit of matchmaking to generate fair PvP when the missions spawn. Leaving them open for 30 minutes on the OW like now might even be interesting because you can get reinforcements if people can be arsed to sail there..

• Like 1

.. on a second thought the missions will need to be closed, otherwise you get mission sniping/ganking fleets waiting in OW.

However, the current multipliers to hostility points should at last be an incentive for folks to join PvP missions, so these things might actually get used more frequently than their PvE counterparts.

This would also address the "not much time tonight" case: You can hop into the hostility PvP queue and get an open world battle where you don't have to sail for ages.

Edited by Snoopy

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2016 at 0:45 PM, admin said:

• Rookie zones battles. Battles always start 1v1. Battle will be opened until BR evens outBR limit is set at 300. Players wont be able to enter if their ship will exceed the BR limit.

Just a question to this point. I just had my second pvp battle in the rookie zone due to the port battle for Morgans Bluff. Usually I don't sail there. After the screening was over I chased a spanish Mercury in my Niagara and attacked it. So it is my BR of 100 against his BR of 70. Since I thought I fully understood the new introduced ROE in the rookie zones when I first read them at patch release, I hoped for a good 1vs1. But soon a danish Niagara and another danish Heavy Rattle joined the battle. So now it was 100 BR vs 240 BR and 3vs1.

So now my question: Can players join until they reach a BR of 300 or until the BR evens out. Cause 240 vs 100 and 3 vs 1 isn't evened out but it is under the 300 BR cap. What is the deciding factor in this? BR cap or even BR? Or did you word that passage wrong because both statements doesn't really fit together.

This isn't a rant and I am not sad about the loss of the ship. It was a nice battle and all went fair. I just would like to know.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2016 at 4:00 PM, Cecil Selous said:

Just a question to this point. I just had my second pvp battle in the rookie zone due to the port battle for Morgans Bluff. Usually I don't sail there. After the screening was over I chased a spanish Mercury in my Niagara and attacked it. So it is my BR of 100 against his BR of 70. Since I thought I fully understood the new introduced ROE in the rookie zones when I first read them at patch release, I hoped for a good 1vs1. But soon a danish Niagara and another danish Heavy Rattle joined the battle. So now it was 100 BR vs 240 BR and 3vs1.

So now my question: Can players join until they reach a BR of 300 or until the BR evens out. Cause 240 vs 100 and 3 vs 1 isn't evened out but it is under the 300 BR cap. What is the deciding factor in this? BR cap or even BR? Or did you word that passage wrong because both statements doesn't really fit together.

This isn't a rant and I am not sad about the loss of the ship. It was a nice battle and all went fair. I just would like to know.

Are you sure it was in the Rookie zone?  

I was in a number of battles while screening for the Morgan's Bluff PB and none of them were in the rookie zone, at least based on the number of ships that got pulled in to the battle. Some of that region is in the rookie zone and some is out of it. 

Hm, I am quite sure it was, I tagged the Mercury between Morgan's Bluff and Bimini. And the two other ships joined later so the battle didn't close right away.

There is the slight possibility that I already was in the capital waters of Bimini and though was affected by greenzone ROE but the island was still very far away on the horizon and just a faded silhoutte. The log says: OpenWorldCenterX = 31137.01; OpenWorldCenterZ = -376722.8. Have to test it ingame. Maybe I am really wrong. 

1 hour ago, Richard Dryfus said:

f024aa066b32a308bab7bfc73722ec04.png

The Reality of this patch, and the past changes, is shown in that picture. The game is dying (Which REALLY blows) but unless the DEVs do something, they wont have a player-base anymore.

The devs have said that they listen to us, the testers, and make changes.  I believe them but as the stats clearly show, they are perhaps listening to the wrong people.  I believe that people want easily available  PvP and perhaps a little challenge in the crafting.  People want to have fun and yet still feel a sense of accomplishment. Instead what we got was even less PvP and unnecessarily complicated crafting.  See the results above...the numbers don't lie. 

• Like 5