Game-Labs Forum

Solution for After Battle Screen

Solution for After Battle Screen  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Ship position on battle map is preserved on the open world map and all ships kicked onto open world 5mins after last enemy is sunk/surrendered.

• Yes I would like this
    • No leave it like it is

The After Battle Screen waiting problem.

We all know what it is like to be attacked by large enemy group while sailing a fast frigate in enemy waters and after 30 mins of hard fighting and sailing downwind and away from the enemy you finally escape, only leave the After Battle Screen and find yourself teleported back to the original place the battle started, where you are surrounded by enemy ships waiting for you to pop out of the battle.

They attack you immediately and then you repeat the whole battle again, sailing away and after another half an hour of fighting your way out and escaping again, you get teleported back to where the battle started and you are surrounded again... Sigh.

I don't want to sit in the After Battle Screen and wait half an hour hoping they get bored. When I am on the chasing team I also don't want to wait for an enemy that has escaped me "fair and square" to be teleported back to the battle starting position. If they escaped then they have earned it. 

If the position of the ships were on the battle map is conserved when you go back to the open world map then it would make more sense and fine seamanship would be rewarded.

The five minute time limit would stop players from abusing this system and sailing all the way home invulnerable.

Edited by Rogues Salute

In my opinion, there should be 2min invulnerability till you start sailing. allowing you to teleport or logoff.

Then it should be 3 minutes if you missed to hit the teleport button on the first second ^_^

In my opinion, there should be 2min invulnerability till you start sailing. allowing you to teleport or logoff.

Logoff should be present on BS. I am fine with how it works now. Gives me the chance to go for half an hour and back. Or take a quick 10 minute break and then back. Hell, even 5 minute break and then back.

• Like 1

After battle screen should be quitted after 2:30 min, these pirate ganking and than hiding in battle screen is game killing . These buggers cried so long that social got deactivated and than after they attacked 7 to 1 they log off. Who ever made this design decision for the actual situation should be flogged every day! Enable social skill or set an 2:30 min timer for battle screen but the actual situation is b... s...!

Edited by Gysendorf
  • Like 2

Quite often a battle will last an hour in this game. It's pretty nice to be able to just take a break, unwind, eat dinner, run to the store for more beer or otherwise take care of other things without being forced into another battle or long sail to home port. The problem is that you can battle for an hour. Pop out of that battle and battle the revenge fleet for an hour. Assuming you live you then in turn fight the revenge revenge fleet for an hour. You can be forced into battle perpetually as long as you win or escape. Players could actually be forced to surrender their ships just to get on with their real lives.

Some above have suggested a 2min log out grace period. That is probably just as good for taking a break. However, it doesn't solve the complaint about people sitting in battle screens. Those same people will just log. Like it or not the battle screen sitting is probably just something we need to live with to play a game with 1.5 hour long battles that can be sequential.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

Let ppl log off in Battle screen. BUT put 5 min timer to make up there mind. 

U either log off or back to the sea for what ever awaits you. 

And if you ganking in enemy waters you must accept the risks of being ganked in return.

This is not a fuking rocket science.   But if left untouched it is a game killing issue for me personally.  

Same as 2 min battle join timer. 

when you have sailed somewhere during battle, you should come out where you have sailed. to avoid that someone sails in battle mode to the next port, battlescreen should be opened automatically 2min after battle end. after 5 more minutes battlescreen shall close and the player shall reappear in OW. No gankers will be waiting, only the normal risk of sailing in OW.

The fundamental problem is reconciling the real-time speed/distance/time of battle vs much higher speed/time/distance of OW.  The only true way to make everything "right" would be to place the entire game in battle-conditions speed/time/distance.  No "instances" at all....everything takes place on the same map, at the same speeds, during the same timescale.  Clearly that is impractical...we'd all die of boredom, taking an hour to travel such short distances as KPR-to-Port Morant.

Otherwise, however, the situation remains that any sailing ship which enters battle is subject to (or enjoys) enemies/friends traveling to that location at the relative speed of modern jet fighters (or Millennium Falcon speeds in the case of folks teleporting from elsewhere).  How do we get around this?

I would propose that after a battle, the surviving ships are spawned back into OW at some random location relative to the initial battle.  Perhaps somewhere within visual sight of the initial location.  Perhaps somewhere in the same grid square.  Some range at which the "revenge fleet" still has opportunity to tag again...but has to work for it, perhaps spread out and do some scouting.  Sometimes the battle-exiter might get lucky with position/wind and be easily able to escape.  Other times the "avengers" might likewise get lucky and gobble him up quickly.

I recognize that such a solution introduces an element of RNG/luck with which some might not be so happy.  But something that provides a roughly 50/50 shot to both sides of achieving or avoiding a re-tag seems preferable to what we have now, which is close to 100% certainty (if "battle-screen guy" chooses to reenter OW) or 0% certainty (if he decides to simply camp in the screen or log off).

• Like 1

I would rather see longer join timers than be forced into sequential fights for hours on end. Sure Pvp is fun. But it's only fun in doses of an hour or so. NA ships have radios and now they have gps cords. If you step into a battle that takes a half hour to an hour to prosecute it's already possible to have an entire clan sitting outside waiting for you. It's happened to me more than once.

Nobody owes anybody a gank because you successfully sunk their clan mate. Further you set the stage for time griefing smaller clans and nations by large ones. Lets say you French group of x2 Trincs and Rattler sinks a Brit player in a Belona of a large clan. You come out of the battle after nearly an hour. Because of the radios and gps there are now twelve of his clan mates outside that an hour ago were half way across the carribean and they are in ships tailored to fight exactly what you have. The radio call goes off. They teleport and grab ships bigger than Trincs and a few taggers faster than Trinc and fan out around the battle spot. Then let's assume this new 2min rule forces them out of the battle. They get tagged and have to fight and run in a battle pre made for them to lose. If they survive they get to fight it again. If they survive they get to fight it again. And if they survive they get to fight it again. Without being able to log off they become at the mercy of the bigger clan that either sinks them or forces them to surrender. That's not PvP. That's punishment for sinking a member of a larger clan. It actually paves the way for more successful ganking and Zerging.

Sometimes I don't think some of us get beyond the emotional aspects of getting sunk to really think about to total effects of what we're asking for if the shoe were on the other foot.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 3

Gysendorf, on 06 Sept 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

After battle screen should be quitted after 2:30 min, these pirate ganking and than hiding in battle screen is game killing . These buggers cried so long that social got deactivated and than after they attacked 7 to 1 they log off. Who ever made this design decision for the actual situation should be flogged every day! Enable social skill or set an 2:30 min timer for battle screen but the actual situation is b... s...!

The main Problem is that DEVs only listen to one community here in the Forum. So guess who that is?

For me a battle should stay open as long it is running and only limited by the BR of the ships involved and you will be dropped out of the battle Screen after 5 minutes or less.

• Like 1

5 minutes on the battle screen, and then you are bumped back to the OW with invisibility. Or you log off. Simple as that.

It protects people who have just fought a long battle, or people who really don't want to get ganked.

When you log back in, you appear on the OW with all battles locked. This will deter the majority of battle-hiding gank schemes.

• Like 2

I look at it from a very high conceptual level.

attachicon.gifBattle Instances _ Regional Conflict.jpg

We have a Region that is (supposedly) continuously being filled with Fleets. (Assuming we have a 10K MMO ;))

The Fleets, from both sides, come in at the speed of modern jets.

If either Fleet does a Tag, the two opposing Fleets get "trapped" in a Battle Instance (/time bubble).

As the battle ends, any remaining ships have the option to rejoin the Region.

Meanwhile the aforementioned continuous supply of Fleets is happening.

What is unfair in this setup? How can it be exploited?

Most horrible idea ever, cause a mechnic like in the 1st post can be massively abused for sure:

1) It allows save travelling in battles. Imagine your friend (or a second account) is draging you into a battle. In the battle your friend (or second account) is just sailing alongside with you, until you reached your destination. At the end both just leave

2) It will allow massive ganking. I.e. a fast ship - lets name him scout - tags a group of players. While he is not able to win the battle on his own, the scout just keeps the other players tagged, until his friends have taken positions outside of the battle. The scout stops tagging, runs and leaves the battle. The other players will be forced out of the post battle screen after 5 minutes just to see 25 ships on the OW waiting for them.

I vote for: close this thread.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I vote for: close this thread.

Turning our backs on this is not an option, the current situation is game breaking for more than a few and *must* be corrected. I'm left wondering why something drastic hasn't already been done to stop the relentless harassment of players who've had the nerve to win a match. 

Sometimes I don't think some of us get beyond the emotional aspects of getting sunk to really think about to total effects of what we're asking for if the shoe were on the other foot.

Well said. Everyone needs to take a step back and actually think about why the number of players on all servers is dropping and the Devs are having to merge the remaining ones. To badly paraphrase a famous speech... "Ask not how you can exploit this game at the expense of others, but ask how you can ensure the game will be enjoyed by the greater number. If you aren't willing to do that, then who should listen to you? Frustrate enough people and the servers will be down to one, and then none.

Solutions have been suggested that are reasonable. A combination of some may be required. A forced exit of the battle screen 3-5 minutes after resolution, coming out into Open World at a random point near where the battle concluded, with a 2.5 min grace period to log off or dash to port.

The revenge aspect simply isn't nearly as important as preserving the community of the players and the future of the game.

I don't have these problems, because I don't play PVP. I am happy to do my own thing in PVE against the AI if I fancy a bit of action. My enjoyment is Trading, Crafting and exploring, not to be attacked by those who just get their pleasure, by waiting for anyone who happens to be in the wrong place at the right time.

This is my own personal view on NA and if PVP is your choice, then just have consideration that not everyone wants to be fighting battles ALL THE TIME. There is more to this game than firing cannon balls at each other, and that is why I prefer the quieter environment of PVE.

I think a grid-square random pop is suitable, it gives more of a chance to the victor, while maintaining the possibility (though lesser) of 'revenge'.  It was certainly historically possible to come upon a victorious ship taking or sinking it's victim, and thereby making chase.  However, the ability of Bobby Soreloser to communicate over vast distances takes that chance and turns it  into a certainty, so long as he has friends.  A grid square is fairly large, and a random pop out will bring back a bit of the fog of war.  Some kids are going to get upset that they have been attacked, no matter how legitimate the attacker may be in doing so.  It's important to preserve the intent of the game in whatever way possible.  That intent is to create an enjoyable but fairly realistic (insomuch as a game purely designed for entertainment can be realistic) representation of the age of sail.  That era did not possess long range communications devices.  The alternative is removing all chat options and enforcing communication by flag unless you're at port.  I'm reasonably sure that isn't a real option here, so let's mitigate the ganking without completely removing the vagaries of war.

BTW, this poll is very limited and should include a "It needs change, but not what is suggested"

Edited by Leukas Kennedy