Game-Labs Forum

The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1

Surathani

Exactly.

This thread is about the 

"Three Admirals Treaty".

I am waiting for official announcement that the Dutch council have all been imprisoned.

PeLlasGos cannot be stopped !

He is a master strategist !

For all the other poor Dutch...

Join the PIRATES if you do not like coups by one leader !

Pirates are prospering and we all enjoy a free and good life...

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1

And all the PB action there the past couple of weeks shows howmuch fights you got there over those ports

Same reason the Danes are mostly quiet.

Then set those against an opponent that has players in that timezone. Not against nations you know don't.

We had reports French forces tried to capture Sale Trou in the middle of their night in the assumption (considering their low numbers) it would be undefended - it wasn't, on multiple attempts. What is left is the repeated drama by the usual suspects...

Edited by Gooneybird

We had reports French forces tried to capture Sale Trou in the middle of their night in the assumption it would be undefended - it wasn't on multiple attempts. What rests is the same drama by the usual suspects...

Then set those against an opponent that has players in that timezone. Not against nations you know don't.

Very few are looking for a solution because too many want to keep their empty banter going.

Let's drop another troll log;

- You want to fight full port battles or not ? There no half arse answer to that, it is either a yes or a not.

Majority of port battle conquest are empty battles.

Majority of OW PvP is asymmetric numbers/BR.

It is exactly the same disease, just different symptoms.

• Like 2

Exactly.

This thread is about the 

"Three Admirals Treaty".

I am waiting for official announcement that the Dutch council have all been imprisoned.

PeLlasGos cannot be stooped !

He is a master strategist !

For all the other poor Dutch...

Join the PIRATES if you do not like coups by one leader !

Pirates are prospering and we all enjoy a free and good life...

Sir are ye suggesting pellasgos is merely Lord vicious with clogs?

• Like 3

Like i said, this topic is not for discussion of port timer, regarding port battles please post in its respective discussions, Offtopic posts regarding port timers have been removed from of my previous post, any future port battle discussion in this thread will likewise be removed.

• Like 2

Ooops sorry, think I got one deleted coz I replied from page 10....without first reading to page 12...so have some patience with that.

As for the treaty, can we all accept one thing : It was drawn together with good intentions by those who participated.

The brits knew (it was obvious) that from their perspective, the Spanish, French and Danes were exhausted with Port Battles and the pirates had lost all cohesion.

The brits had been in talks with their allies who were concerned that we as an alliance could end up winning so heavily as to kill off the player base.

The French and Spanish have very localised 'communities' (from errr. France and Spain) and struggle to play in more than one timezone.

We all want to carry on fighting, we all want big MOFO 25 v 25 nail biting port battles. By example Aves, Sant Iago, Belize, Ruatan all offered some enormous fun. But when one side has LOST and their fleets are broken, their players struggle to play out of hours etc....the fun diminishes.

The treaty would bring respite to the Spanish and some port battles to the French.

The treaty wasn't "asked for" by the losing side, it was offered by the winning side (Vorlon like for them there Bab5 vets).

Now, I don't like not having port battles for a couple of weeks. But if it means we keep more players playing and fill a gap till the new mechanics for alliance and war arrive....then I will support it....and level my perks !!

So to the author's chill a bit chaps, you done good, to the detractors, please be less personal.

And...we all know in another 2-6 weeks. All this will be lost...like salty tears in the Port Morant rain of invisible mission markers.

OH AND DEVS....PLEASE...FIX THE @#$@#$@#$ BATTLE SCREEN with a 10 min timeout...that if you log out/back in, you do EXIT THE BATTLE SCREEN. SO WE CAN OPEN WORLD PVP WITHOUT SHIZZ.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 4

This treaty is made by two of three clans that lose the battle of Santiago, Trafalgar 2.0, they dont represent the spanish faction, they dodnt ask the others and they are taking their own decisions, and saying that the spanish factions are following them that isnt true.

Edited by lobogris

Your vision is biased and erroneus.

Spain don´t consider to have lost the war. If you think this way, I refuse all this thing of the treaty, and you can look for "BIFO" at your convenience wherever you want. See you in November.

It is what I think. I am not an author or protagonist of the treaty. Just a combatant. You can sit on your own in your capital and still claim to be winning if you chose. Pride is a double edged sword.

Am I biased...in the post I made and the observations within...yes...I am. Of course I am, I am a Brit captain who fought in 30 contested port battles in this campaign, probably more.

You have lost this 'battle'. I correct myself...as on a persistent RvR MMOPRG you can, to some extent, never lose the war unless you stop playing.

Oh and Spain as a nation, in the game, now, cannot surrender. There is no mechanic. But losing ports every day...until you no longer even take a fleet to fight or defend anymore...if that isn't losing....what is ? Seriously...tell me...what is ?

You will rise again...and next time it might be the Spanish who have 80+ ports and the brits with a couple of dozen...when that happens, I hope you too know when to show mercy and some dignity in victory.

Perhaps I should change my sig to be "I think Spain should be allowed to play on" in Latin...to counter yours sir.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

The Americans were included in talks prior to the publication of the treaty but a deadline was set and it wasn't one that could be met for the American side, partly because the Spanish involved told our diplomats they are not entering diplomatic relations with the Americans at this time. We were willing to give up Peurto De Nipe, La Anguilla, and Cayo del Sal to a defeated enemy who is already being given a lot of territory. But said enemy refuses to work with us. Which is fine. We can continue to fight, we will not give up our conquered territories for free, and peace with the Spanish (the Alex-sd type of Spanish) would sit in the back of my throat and I know it is the same for others. 7UP and XIX have assured us that if the Spanish make any advances on us, they will be there to screen and the Spanish will make little progress.

This peace treaty allows the Brits, Dutch, and Swedes to move into the Windward passage area in strength and continue to keep the pirates in check.  Now if we can only get the east coast Americans to do the same and leave the AI fleets to fight each other.

• Like 2

This treaty is made by two of three clans that lose the battle of Santiago, Trafalgar 2.0, they dont represent the spanish faction, they dodnt ask the others and they are taking their own decisions, and saying that the spanish factions are following them that isnt true.

Yes, this treaty had support of the two most importants clans of the spanish faction, the clans gather the players who go to port battles, not isolate rogue players like you. This is a treaty focused in port battles not PVP, the only thing satisfy you. So the question is: If 80% players of a faction support a treaty those players not representing a substantial portion of a faction? I think YES. 

I know this thread is not the place for this.

but honestly?

Spain be like:

Your vision is biased and erroneus.

Spain don´t consider to have lost the war. If you think this way, I refuse all this thing of the treaty, and you can look for "BIFO" at your convenience wherever you want. See you in November.

• Like 1

The Americans were included in talks prior to the publication of the treaty but a deadline was set and it wasn't one that could be met for the American side, partly because the Spanish involved told our diplomats they are not entering diplomatic relations with the Americans at this time.  We were willing to give up Peurto De Nipe, La Anguilla, and Cayo del Sal to a defeated enemy who is already being given a lot of territory.  But said enemy refuses to work with us.  Which is fine.  We can continue to fight, we will not give up our conquered territories for free, and peace with the Spanish would sit in the back of my throat and I know it is the same for others.  7UP and XIX have assured us that if the Spanish make any advances on us, they will be there to screen and the Spanish will make little progress. 

This peace treaty allows the Brits, Dutch, and Swedes to move into the Windward passage area and continue to keep the pirates in check.

If you think we are a defeated enemy when you take our ports always undefended and at same time we are fighting with british and dutch then you left us a very small margin to negotiate anything with such "brave" enemy. 

See you in the battlefield, when british continue their advance and ONLY THEN you attack us.

• Like 1

This treaty is reallie made by 10 players of the spanish faction, this isnt serious and a lot of them doesnt play right now. The spanish council put me like british and american diplomatic this two clans took me out and put Senhor Leñador and they say that they speak for all spanish faction.

Edited by lobogris

As a member of the "peanut gallery" rather than a diplomat I'll say that I believe this treaty is unacceptable to the rank and file of us Yanks.

We well remember that, when we were pushed back there were few if any allied fleets that sailed, nor treaties that were written, that came to our aid. In fact, The Spanish, nominally our allies at the time, switched sides and allied with the pirates that were attacking us.

This treaty, that removes all pressure from the Spanish, makes it look like once more we will stand alone. That is unacceptable. Since our diplomats seem stymied by Spanish intransigence, I suggest the following:

Words on the forum mean little. If the British, and elements of Dutch, really mean to honor their existing obligations to us, that they add a Reservation to this treaty where they state that a Spanish attack on the US will void this treaty and cause them to come to our aid directly. The Spanish do not need to agree to the Reservation for it to come to effect -- it simply a matter between us and our allies at that point.

Edited by GrapeShot
  • Like 1

The Dutch and British have said they will come to our aide.  The word of the Dutch is important to them and I doubt they will break it.  Stephen, Caroline Vodka, and I heard those words come out of Surathani's mouth.

This peace treaty allows the Brits, Dutch, and Swedes to move into the Windward passage area in strength and continue to keep the pirates in check.  Now if we can only get the east coast Americans to do the same and leave the AI fleets to fight each other.
  • Like 1

The Dutch and British have said they will come to our aide.  The word of the Dutch is important to them and I doubt they will break it.  Stephen, Caroline Vodka, and I heard those words come out of Surathani's mouth.

Non inclusion in the proposal still feels like appeasement towards the Spanish since they flat out refused to talk to the U.S. 

And as far as verbal assurances go well... we both know the track record on those we've experienced so far in general. Hard to take a lot of stock in them from anyone.

As a member of the "peanut gallery" rather than a diplomat I'll say that I believe this treaty is unacceptable to the rank of file of us Yanks.

Most of this topic readers seems to agree to say that something is not acceptable in what is proposed by pellasgos.

I can just say ,that even if what he wrote doesn't seem to be perfect, he his trying to propose something..

Before refusing maybe everyone should take a step back of their position, and look arround to see what is happening.

Do you all just want to fight empty port ?

making propositions should be better than  just say that is not acceptable

Edited by horail
  • Like 1