Game-Labs Forum

The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1

Surathani

I agree with that. But, in deed, I think Gooney wrote something like that in here. He also spents very much breath in Teamspeak holding back the ones who wanted to break the treaty. Even when the danes broked the Three-Day-Casefire on the very third day, attacking two (!) britain ports he hold us back attacking the danes, with the argument that no matter what we will respect this one day, not attacking danish ports (no attack against danes right now, maybe they missunderstood something of the points of our Casefire. I just wanted to make clear that Gooneybird is acting realy diplomatic in my guess). So in fact he is doing a good job. So calling him hypocrat is just unfair.

Wait... What ceasefire?

First and foremost it might be a good idea for us to actually have a sit-down meeting between the Spanish and the British councils, be whatever or whomever they are. 

Safe to say that a large number of Brit players, myself included, have very little idea where to contact the Spanish outside of the battlefield. 

How real diplomacy could have worked is simpler than that. Honor the WORDS in the treaty and if something comes up, as in this case, amend it. Instead the Spaniards just want to flame here instead.

There are those that honor the WORDS in a treaty and then there are those that honor the SPIRIT of a treaty.

In Baldur's gate first ones would be called Lawful Evil, second ones Lawful Good.  :P

• Like 1