Game-Labs Forum

The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1

Surathani

I must confess that I did not like this thing at the begining. But seeing all the rections I´m starting to love it.

Hey, if so many brits, dutch and americans hate it can´t be so bad.

In regard to americans, I am sure that if the US returns Las Tortugas, Cayo Vacas, Cayo de Sal and La Anguilla, and put their feet off Cuba, no one would waste the wonderful nights of August in Spain attacking ports or destroying communities.

I´m not diplomat, I´m a particular.

I would be fine for giving up Cayo de Sal and La Anguilla, and even Puerto de Nipe, but I cannot abide the lost of Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas. That opens up a clear assault route against our southern ports, and drives a wedge in our supply lines between the west and east coast of Florida.

Edited by EricKilla

Now I dont agree with Damian constantly pushing for useless war for useless ports but secure borders in exchange for 13 ports are a bit of a funny reward for overrunning a nation ;)

Like what i said earlier it took brits alot of time to cap that 13 ports in yucatown

As I have told you in general chat, you have not personally achieved nothing in this war.

At least I can give credit that I have fighted Gooneybird and Pellasgos and others a lot of time. I wouldn´t remember you if you weren´t in the general chat spreding your toxinas.

And thats why i disagree this treaty always is it my fault also in global chat with toxic while you guys begun

Assaults at the four o´clock in the night. Hahahahahahaha. I need to be really angry for this things.

Just like the 8am Eastern, 7am Central, and 6am Pacific timers U.S. players had to organize and overcome. A knife cuts both ways. 

Edited by Cragger
  • Like 1

Goodness me,

Can we have a moderator or admin lock or warn this thread.

The last thing these talks need are the hot heads from each nation stirring trouble. While the treaty is in discussion all members of each nation should keep a civil tongue with one another. I know, being the internet this is difficult, however for the work being done here to actually benefit anyone we need to remain polite while those representing the nations clear this up.

If the treaty doesn't go ahead, so be it, but let us not divide ourselves entirely before talks have even begun.

To the Dutch Council, before you dismiss this entirely out of hand, read its merits before engaging in sweeping statements. If anyone believes that Britain would leave the USA to fight the Pirates alone, they are gravely mistaken. Yes each nation has sacrificed in order to get the map to look as it is, however we have experienced this sort of stagnation before, players leave, the servers suffer, no one wins.

This will not benefit every single Captain out there, but without the in built diplomacy, this is what we have. So the nations involved, get your representatives talking and clear this up. I would suggest quickly before talks of war start being insinuated and alliances broken....veiled or otherwise. 

Regards,

Ravenburg.

• Like 2

The British Council supports the proposed draft of this truce but freezes a formal implemantion until the issue of formal Dutch representation has been resolved. Our strong alliance with the Dutch Nation and our good relations with the American and the Swedish Nations shall be reflected in our treaties.  

• Like 7

I must confess that I did not like this thing at the begining. But seeing all the rections I´m starting to love it.

Hey, if so many brits, dutch and americans hate it can´t be so bad.

In regard to americans, I am sure that if the US returns Las Tortugas, Cayo Vacas, Cayo de Sal and La Anguilla, and put their feet off Cuba, no one would waste the wonderful nights of August in Spain attacking ports or destroying communities.

I´m not diplomat, I´m a particular.

Salute Alex!

I recently discussed this with one of your diplomats. However I will post my argument here so that you may read it too.

Out of the 4 ports, Las Tortugas, Cayo Vacas, Cayo de Sal and La Anguilla, we would be happy to gift you Cayo de Sal and La Anguilla as a sign of respect to the Spanish Nation. However, we will keep Las Tortugas and Cayo Vacas. The Spanish reasons for wanting these 4 ports is to protect Cuba, however by taking these 4 ports it makes no difference to you. It is a 13 min sail to Cuba from Las Tortguas, a 11 min sail from Cayo Vacas... However it is also a 13 min sail from Islamorada and a 13 min sail from Mimbres. So by this and this alone, the argument to give Las Tortugas and Cayo Vacas to the Spanish to protect Cuba is proven to by false.

Likewise to your concerns of Las Tortugas and Cayo Vacas, we also see them as important ports, as they would potentially allow you to attack the west of Florida. With them in US hands, you would need to take them first before attacking the rest of the western coast. The difference is, Las Tortugas and Cayo Vacas actually pose a real threat to the US nation, where as they do not to the Spanish. That, is why we will keep them.

Ultimately, we are fighting a cold war. It is pointless, and provides no goals to either nation.

This is what the US proposed to the British, Dutch and Spanish. It is a fair and logical division of ports.

Edited by Stephen_Decatur
  • Like 1

Goodness me,

Can we have a moderator or admin lock or warn this thread.

The last thing these talks need are the hot heads from each nation stirring trouble. While the treaty is in discussion all members of each nation should keep a civil tongue with one another. I know, being the internet this is difficult, however for the work being done here to actually benefit anyone we need to remain polite while those representing the nations clear this up.

If the treaty doesn't go ahead, so be it, but let us not divide ourselves entirely before talks have even begun.

To the Dutch Council, before you dismiss this entirely out of hand, read its merits before engaging in sweeping statements. If anyone believes that Britain would leave the USA to fight the Pirates alone, they are gravely mistaken. Yes each nation has sacrificed in order to get the map to look as it is, however we have experienced this sort of stagnation before, players leave, the servers suffer, no one wins.

This will not benefit every single Captain out there, but without the in built diplomacy, this is what we have. So the nations involved, get your representatives talking and clear this up. I would suggest quickly before talks of war start being insinuated and alliances broken....veiled or otherwise. 

Regards,

Ravenburg.

Words without writing are just words is the problem to many U.S. player. If I were to believe the sincerity of them I would see them included into this proposal and they are not. I will also notice it did not escape my attention that you stipulated against the pirates but made no mention of the Spanish in your comment. 

One of the main reasons so many U.S. players volunteered to join in to the aiding the efforts of the coalition is because of previous hollow verbal promises by the Spanish in terms of negotiated boundaries.

Myself and I'm sure many U.S. players are not against the spirit of the proposal but it does seem there is an attempt to exclude a partner of the coalition in this treaty just so Spanish players will sign on to it.

So what your suggesting is, taking all the pressure from Spain on southern Cuba, effectively leaving them to focus on just one front - that is our allied nation the US (because if you missed it Spain is allied friendly with everything else this part of the continent). How about f..k no ?

• Like 3

Strategically it makes no sense. In a Rattlesnake you can attack perfectly from Havana. And do not forget that everyone has outpost in Key west.

It makes perfect sense.

Would you or other Spanish players be content with ceding Mantua and Corrintes to the U.S.? It's the same situation. The tip of a landmass we both have to deal with sailing around to go very short overland distances. 

As it stands La Anguilla and Cayo de Sal given to the Spanish would equalize the assault times on each other. Asking for Tortugas and Cayo Vacas would give you an assaulting point to the west coast of Florida that is far shorter then the U.S. could assault the North of Cuba. 

Alright Gentlemen,

I will let our representatives handle this.

Cragger, I have no love for the Spanish, very little in fact, however I will support the attempts of my leadership to propose terms. The US players will always be an ally to me, this has ever been true on PVP2 and now on PVP1. You may read into what was not said or said in any statement but you will just have to take at least one Captains word. If the US calls then at least I will answer. I can essentially promise many a British Captain would have the same sentiment.

We understand the Spanish have been hard to bring to terms with their seemingly chaotic approach to Diplomacy, however I will support any step forward.

I will not condone any talk of Britain abandoning the USA. I would personally not support such a decision.

We will wait to see what our leadership makes of all of this.

Regards,

Ravenburg.

• Like 3

I suppose the idea is to stablish rules of engagement till new mechanics are implemented. There is no pressure at the moment because we refuse to fight. No fight = no fun for everyone, only towers can see how good you are.

I have won millions in only days and I´m bored. Everytime I see someone in chat talking about fish, bottles and golden modules, I feel compeled to leave the game.

Well that certainly isn't true because the moment the Dutch and British let up on Southern Cuba earlier this week Spanish gank fleets made quite the frequent showing from Key West to Cabo Carneval because they weren't needed to defend and thus spend their time in South Cuba. 

And yes I will call them gank fleets because they ran every time even when pursued by a weaker force just to log off in battle screens. 

In the end, its obvious for everyone to see what we're capable of as a united group instead of individually...  I have faith that the diplos can come up with an agreement that lets people both have fun playing the GAME and does not throw a trusted ally to the wolves...  That being said, I have had many pleasant interactions with both ally and opponent lately, and I hope that continues in the spirit of fun...  O7

• Like 2

I assume that your fellow countrymen in Key West are sent by the Red Cross or perhaps are protestant preachers.

Never said it wasn't being returned in kind, not that I support it. Was just illustrating that there was pressure that prevented the Spanish players from being as active in Florida as they have been this week.

Personally though I've always felt Havana was a poor choice of a capital and that Vera Cruz would have been far better. Given newer Spanish players some growing room and made the Gulf more relevant.

• Like 2

The French council is puzzled by this situation. We have the feeling that a coup is taking place inside the Dutch nation. I think a clarification is in order. We will consider this treaty void until everything is sorted out.

You are not part of this treaty or its discussion. You can void it all day long, we really don't care my friend.

Edited by Gooneybird
  • Like 1

You are not part of this treaty or its discussion. You can void it all day long, we really don't care my friend.

We are part of the discussion weither you like it or not "my friend", We had talks with the official representative of the Dutch council, as well as with guys supporting Pellasgoss. The situation is very complicated. Moreover the French have a very long history with Pellasgoss. Much longer than yours. So we are here and we stay here.

As the Ambassador of France to the Verenidge Provincien it's also my duty to be here

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 2

Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel!

While DOG is my witness, I am more than happy to see an (in time perhaps even amicable) agreement with the Spanish, any agreement without accommodating the US is impossible.

I don't want to be too negative about it, but one issue on the ES/GB treaty is that it only allows for relatively few PBs, and cuts out the other nations.

So.. why not have Haiti/Hispanola as RvR island? Every nation gets 1 port that is off limits to get flags, the rest is free for all. It's in the center of the map and pretty much everyone is already there anyway.

• Like 7

So.. why not have Haiti/Hispanola as RvR island? Every nation gets 1 port that is off limits to get flags, the rest is free for all. It's in the center of the map and pretty much everyone is already there anyway.

Excuse me?

jamaica is easier for that. One port for each nation and imba brits above all without having fear to lose theirs ;)

Less roleplaying mate, do you really think we are going to wake up at the middle of the night to do a pb?

Also, peace with USA could be achieved too.

I feel it is worthy to mention that our diplomats sat in the Spanish National TS on Friday for seven hours and were told, and I quote, "We are not holding diplomatic talks with the United States at this time."

We want to find a peace agreement. It is the Spanish who do not wish to sue for peace, not us. 

We are part of the discussion weither you like it or not "my friend", We had talks with the official representative of the Dutch council, as well as with guys supporting Pellasgoss. The situation is very complicated. Moreover the French have a very long history with Pellasgoss. Much longer than yours. So we are here and we stay here.

As the Ambassador of France to the Verenidge Provincien it's also my duty to be here

No you're not. Your nation is not part of the treaty therefore you might take an interest in its outcome but you have no word in its creation. Personal history with a nations diplomat got nothing to do with that and I gotta assume you're just trying to stir the pot. You are a spectator nothing more.

• Like 1

Gentleman, as I have said earlier this treaty has not been ratified. Please do not worry. Until there is a verified diplomat from each clan of the Dutch Council stating the treaty has been ratified and in effect after a majority vote, there should be no concern whatsoever. 

The French council is puzzled by this situation. We have the feeling that a coup is taking place inside the Dutch nation. I think a clarification is in order. We will consider this treaty void until everything is sorted out.

Tenakha, there is not a coup. The Council is there top stop diplomatic decisions from being made by one clan and/or leader of the clan like this. If they try to and announce something like this without the Dutch Council's majority vote then they are to be considered a rogue clan. Until the Council convenes again and wants to make an official statement besides Pietje and I, this is no concern.

I apologize about the confusion everyone. If you have been attacked by anyone from the Dutch Nation that is not listed as a rogue please come to our TS and report the name and screenshot.

Thank you gents

Edited by kingslynn93
  • Like 3