Game-Labs Forum

The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1

Surathani

Hardly Waterloo was won by prussians not britain as  britain historician like to paint the fight, in  fact  the amount of british troop on field where less then 15% of the total, and before the black corps started to attack la belle alliance, wich consumed the france guard reserve,  Wellington was on the verge of collapse.   famous quote of Wellington:  give me the night, or give me Blucher!  (not knowing that prussians where already fighting behind the france since 2h )

While it's a little exagerated on the numbers (a little more than 20%) , there is truth in what you say.

In the end => "Napoleon was waiting for Grouchy; he did not come. Wellington expected Blucher; he came."

Strength

Total: 73,000[1]

• 50,700 infantry
  • 14,390 cavalry
  • 8,050 artillery and engineers
  • 252 guns

Total: 118,000

Anglo-allies: 68,000[2][3]

• United Kingdom: 25,000 British and 6,000 King's German Legion
  • Netherlands: 17,000
  • Hanover: 11,000
  • Brunswick: 6,000
  • Nassau: 3,000[4]
  • 156 guns[5]
Prussians: 50,000[6] Edited by Tenakha Kan

Eh, the Peninsular War makes for better reading anyways. On a side note I've always wanted to visit the Hougoumont. And Custard, thats awesome, il bet you've heard some very interesting stories. A direct source to history like that is priceless. (Assuming you were being serious, this is the internet after all).

Edited by Potemkin

Hardly Waterloo was won by prussians not britain as  britain historician like to paint the fight, in  fact  the amount of british troop on field where less then 15% of the total, and before the black corps started to attack la belle alliance, wich consumed the france guard reserve,  Wellington was on the verge of collapse.   famous quote of Wellington:  give me the night, or give me Blucher!  (not knowing that prussians where already fighting behind the france since 2h )

your wrong but that's not even the point ... you also missed that as well ... .The quote from the French officer was merde when asked to surrender ... I asked was that a comment on his situation or the French Army .... nothing to do with who won the  battle .. The British were on the verge of collapse and without Blucher would probably  been beaten ...by the same token the Prussians would have been beaten as they had been at Ligny. had the allies not been at Waterloo  ...therefore the allies won the battle of Waterloo ......Allies something you know very little about and seem to care even less for .... I'm sure you will clam this is wrong and even post a screen shot of the battle of Waterloo ....im guessing it will show Lord Vicious escaped early in the battle

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 3

I'm impressed that this thread went from a treaty proposed by a minority within factions to discussion of the Napoleonic Wars.

Too funny. The list of inaccuracies posted here is rich. Britt council passed it, and the Spanish. Then the Americans wanted to be involved, causing a rift and some backpeddeling. The Dutch council hasn't voted, and only one clan within it is angry for other reasons.  The french here are going to say what they will, I have no control over that, but at least they identify themselves. In my opinion, it is opposed by a minority within the nations involved.

Edited by Surathani

I wouldn't worry too much, we'll probably be here again after the diplo patch. US, GB, and VP will still be allies and Spain will still be surrounded, far from our own allies. Its not really a big deal. New rvr dynamics will enter the picture sooner or later to shake things up a bit. Regardless of what happens going forward, there will still be fun to be had.

• Like 1

Too funny. The list of inaccuracies posted here is rich. Britt council passed it, and the Spanish. Then the Americans wanted to be involved, causing a rift and some backpeddeling. The Dutch council hasn't voted, and only one clan within it is angry for other reasons.  The french here are going to say what they will, I have no control over that, but at least they identify themselves. In my opinion, it is opposed by a minority within the nations involved.

Funny you say that, yet when we look at the OP we see the following:

“May the success of this agreement act as a lighthouse for diplomacy amongst nations.”
                                                                                                                   Capt. Pellasgos

Signature area

VERENIGDE PROVINCIEN      
x._____Pellasgos________                                           

SPAIN            
x._____Not available at time of publish______                                           

BRITAIN
x._____HMCS Warrior________                                           

Military Salutation Area

07._____Pellasgos________

07._____Not available at time of publish_______

07._____HMCS Warrior_______

This strongly suggests that it was passed by the United Provinces as apparently there is a signature by pellasgos, yet what you have stated and what my sources tell me it has not gone through the council and as a result it has not passed. Yet this document very strongely suggests otherwise. That is the issue i have with it, it is made to look like something passed and something an entire nation decided upon but from what i have heard so far has only been made by pellasgos and co.

• Like 4

I agree a premature ejaculation only satisfies the one that had it, but it doesn't mean beautiful children cannot be born from it.

Although this draft might have been posted a bit ahead of the pack or, to complete the analogy, prematurely, I still like the looks of it.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 4

The map accompanying it, showing Spanish territory bulging up an encompassing the Florida Keys, makes it a complete non-starter for us Yanks.

We do not appreciate our ports being given away in a treaty that doesn't have our signature attached. Negotiate away your own damn territory, but keep your hands off ours.

This strongly suggests that it was passed by the United Provinces as apparently there is a signature by pellasgos, yet what you have stated and what my sources tell me it has not gone through the council and as a result it has not passed. Yet this document very strongely suggests otherwise. That is the issue i have with it, it is made to look like something passed and something an entire nation decided upon but from what i have heard so far has only been made by pellasgos and co.

For a moderator you sure do a lot of bitching - instead please jsut assemble your council - go through it and then make a call so this doesnt prolong itself any further. The argument the council didn't see it only works for so long - at some point we start wondering whether your council maybe doesnt want to meet to finally take a look at it.

Edited by JollyRoger1516

Right, had about enough of all of this.... =P.......Let there be war!

I will hear your requests for treaties from the wailing of your citizens! *Shaking of pitch forks and torches intensifies*

Right, good now that we are agreed that there is to be no peace we can go about killing each other again.

Good day!

Right, had about enough of all of this.... =P.......Let there be war!

I will hear your requests for treaties from the wailing of your citizens! *Shaking of pitch forks and torches intensifies*

Right, good now that we are agreed that there is to be no peace we can go about killing each other again.

Good day!

lol - 'I hereby declare exterminatus upon this world' or what was that? :D

• Like 1

lol - 'I hereby declare exterminatus upon this world' or what was that? :D

That is essentially what it boils down to =P. By the power given to me by the God Emperor etc etc.

LOAD THE VIRUS BOMBS.

But seriously, if the Dutch Council does not want to vote on it and the USA is actually upset about the treaty, we can go back to the norm. Although as it stands the player bases of all the nations is always in flux. As a whole player base we want fun, conflict, pvp and a feeling of achievement (yes it is a game but still we sink HA GET IT enough hours in to want something out of it.) if we continue to steam roll through the yellow ports then Spain will stop playing, same goes for any nation which becomes downtrodden.

We need some form of balance. Its just about getting everyone to put down their BUT WHAT ABOUT LAST TIME flags and decide whether we come together to address it, or we let the warmongers continue to capture ports.

I wonder what the British council would say to the idea of Operation Haiti again =P.

Silliness...I see silliness everywhere...they don't even know they are being silly.....

Regards.

Ravenburg... *Hovering his finger over the big red button*

Well I guess you can assume a line of text is a signature, but where else in the world is this kind of signature binding? I would think all would agree that a post in agreeance by the listed party is more apt, and an obvious vote of support. If you assume this document posted by me, just takes liberties with HCMS Warrior's signature, then I just can't help you. It seems you are reaching hard to build support for this position. My only possible reply to that is again, examine the Spanish "signature" and I asked how do you really see it?

Let's be clearer on this last point. There is no name in the Spanish line as there was none listed when final draft was posted. All this is MORE than enough to show that its signature process is pending. Next time Olav I will find some nice wordage like "For your consideration", but it is damn obvious this is a final draft of a treaty citing who will be signing, minus the Spanish name representative. Signatures are obviously pending Olav, and you know it.

Cheers to you Olav.

Surathani

Edited by Surathani

I wouldn't worry too much, we'll probably be here again after the diplo patch. US, GB, and VP will still be allies and Spain will still be surrounded, far from our own allies. Its not really a big deal. New rvr dynamics will enter the picture sooner or later to shake things up a bit. Regardless of what happens going forward, there will still be fun to be had.

who knows what tomorrow brings.......

Or like Mark Twain said..." It`s difficult to make predictions,especially about the future".....

Edited by Fenris
  • Like 2

I have been away for a few weeks, god bless. And all that i have missed is yet another pissing contest. I miss the days before EA where it was less serious and more gaming and entertaining.

All this drama and mud slinging, i really dont like it. The community used to be so much more mature.

Eventually for me personally i dont care much about dimplomacy anymore, stopped doing it, simply because its in people's nature to showoff and compare manhoods.

What happens here saddens me as a Dutch player, we came from an underdog position and now we are throwing it away in a heartbeat. I suppose it would help the Dutch nation to get this fixed before the alliances patch hits and we wont be fighting civil wars all the time and just enjoy the game as it is meant to be.

even though i am in a clan, this is my personal opinion regardless of my clan tag. I like everyone, except pirates:)

Konali

• Like 2

I have been away for a few weeks, god bless. And all that i have missed is yet another pissing contest. I miss the days before EA where it was less serious and more gaming and entertaining.

All this drama and mud slinging, i really dont like it. The community used to be so much more mature.

Eventually for me personally i dont care much about dimplomacy anymore, stopped doing it, simply because its in people's nature to showoff and compare manhoods.

What happens here saddens me as a Dutch player, we came from an underdog position and now we are throwing it away in a heartbeat. I suppose it would help the Dutch nation to get this fixed before the alliances patch hits and we wont be fighting civil wars all the time and just enjoy the game as it is meant to be.

even though i am in a clan, this is my personal opinion regardless of my clan tag. I like everyone, except pirates:)

Konali

Welcome back Konali!

• Like 1

I dont see any signatures in this thread so noone have sign that one. as it shall be all that sighing will write in the own accounts that they sign it in here. And also what I know so do you not have the nation behind you

I can't accept and I won't accept this treaty. There can only be talks WITH united states included or no talks at all. United states are our allies and I can't believe someone tried to make such a disgraceful treaty without them.

Whoever did this and made such agreements should be sacked from the council or any diplomacy. I think our nation made enough mistakes with diplomacy done by the wrong people.

Spain has to talk with britain, dutch AND united states or there won't be any treaty and they will be still at war vs 3 nations.

Konali

You need to sit back and enjoy the drama and mud slinging as part of the game.  Just remember it is only a game and so is the off field drama. Mud slinging between nations is a welcome daily read for me I quite enjoy the banter.

• Like 1

Time will tell, who comes out of this on top !

Republicans or the Orangists ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orangism_(Dutch_Republic)

Those guys are replaying Dutch history ! Awesome !

If any of those parties being involved in this conflict need some trustable PIRATES to hunt down the other side,

I can arrange some meetings for you at Mortimer ! (I know some very effective Russian pirate clans...)

Good bountyhunters can decide a civil war...

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1