Game-Labs Forum

The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1

Surathani

Olav, why you dont act now?.... those are offtopics... or maybe the censorship is only applied when something bad is said about you oe your faction?

Thats not your bussiness.... hahahahah

If its offtopic i remove it, sometimes its hard for me to judge if its off topic. For example the americans discussion their non inclusion in this agreement i dont count as off topic, the timer thing WHICH AGAIN I MUST REMIND EVERYONE IS OFFTOPIC AND WILL BE REMOVED, i consider offtopic(and its also beating a horse which has been dead since the last 100 beatings it has recieved from the people complaining about timers...)

• Like 3

We have faced your forces numerous times, and 95% of the time they have lost. You stopped defending because you kept loosing. Tactically, we were ahead of the curve. Take Las Tortugas for example... You defended with 40 or so ships, we had 25. We knew you would have more than us, so we played it tactically. We sent in 3 people to the towers, and then we screened the channel outside of any incoming Spanish ships. As far as it goes, you got outplayed and out manoeuvred.

Again, we set the timers at times we can defend. You set timers at times that you can defend. We do not hide behind them, we simply put them when we can respond best. We have a lot of Pacific and Central players, which are -8 and -6 UTC, so 2-4 and 4-6 times place the times at 8-12pm, which is perfectly acceptable for us. We get up early/stay up late to take your ports, you should do the same. It is dedication.

So you basically just did everything in your power to prevent a large battle in the actual port and pissed away ships so you could shoot towers for 30 mins and trumpet it as a great tactical victory that only a genius of naval action could have procured. Thanks for proving my earlier point there bud. Anyone could have done what you did, its just that most nations don't pull gamey shit like that just so they can throw the battle in someones face later.

• Like 1

Okey. We know that the 3 players clan of lobogris doesn't feel represented by the actual Spanish assembly.

I invite all the remain clans that feels that have not been part of the negotiations and that are actually interested to contact us. We would really love to hear your opinions.

Lobogris. I am still waiting to hear about that other clans that you say they feel they are not represented. You only said me about CAZA. I have contact them and it is funny that actually Senhor Lenhador, the person that has lead the negotiations while our official diplomat, Frog, is on vacation, is actually member of that clan. So hard to say that clan is not represented in the negotiations when one of his members is actually our speakman.

Potemkin,

You think screening is "gamey shit"?

I guess not, no. But when you say we got outplayed and outmaneuvered... Its a tactic yes maybe not gamey, ok, when you trumpet a victory where the defender never got a chance to fight to defend the port as a tactical masterstroke that was "ahead of the curve" it just seems kinda pathetic. It was a single narrow channel leading to the port, helen keller could have rocked that strat. I called it gamey because it was a clear example of people playing for a dot on the map instead of people fighting a battle, but i guess we all know well by now the deficiencies of the current system. Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

Lenhador has kept us (CAZA) up to speed with whats happening.

Thanks Potemkim.

I still have to find a clan interested in participate in the diplomatic relationships, aside of lobogris, clan that could feel we haven't take them into account.

If there is one please, let us know.

I guess not, no. But when you say we got outplayed and outmaneuvered... Its a tactic yes maybe not gamey, ok, when you trumpet a victory where the defender never got a chance to fight to defend the port as a tactical masterstroke that was "ahead of the curve" it just seems kinda pathetic. It was a single narrow channel leading to the port, helen keller could have rocked that strat.

40 Spanish to U.S. 25. That is more then enough to engage the screeners and then get enough into the port battle to stop the capture. That the Spanish decided tactically to fight all outside the port battle or run away is their fault and is getting out maneuvered.

40 Spanish to U.S. 25. That is more then enough to engage the screeners and then get enough into the port battle to stop the capture. That the Spanish decided tactically to fight all outside the port battle or run away is their fault and is getting out maneuvered.

Yeah thats assuming you tagged us one by one in the narrow channel. And then the remaining 18 just ran away? Get real clown. And if spain is so terrible and you beat us 95% of the time why are you crying for the dutch to come and help with a potential 1 on 1 where we cant even take your ports?

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

Yeah thats assuming you tagged us one by one in the narrow channel. And then the remaining 15 just ran away? Get real clown.

Actually the Spanish did head in one by one which was a major tactical blunder on their part and let them be picked off in small groups and held.

I'm not sure how getting 13 ports when militarily losing the war is bending the knee, they are only obliged to assist in the event that another nation interfere in the defined buffer zone.  And by assist I mean declare war, there is not clause requiring any proactive action, much in the same way the pirate's state of war with us here in the Brits has no doubt provided them with valuable moral support in this conflict.  We got the last thing we wanted from the war when we took Santiago and we have never had any intention of "crushing" the Spanish.  I was in the British attack fleets when they had only 4 ports and it is not something I feel the need to revisit, though I confess the huge fights in disposable ships of those days were loads of fun.

By my standards confined in territory dictated by others, and forced to be obliged to assist to defend territory of who caged you is LOL.       IF they accept they are LOCO, closed, no chance to expand, and blocked from form up other alliances with other nations  pretty much.   Spain become pretty much britain II,  with territory and politics dictated by others.    If they agree this pact will last only as soon they need it for recover, so you not even smart becouse favour more them then you :)  You are able to win, win. Clearly you dont

Try offer pirate something like and ill quote  Anthony McAuliffe answer:  NUTS 

As a member of the "peanut gallery" rather than a diplomat I'll say that I believe this treaty is unacceptable to the rank and file of us Yanks.

We well remember that, when we were pushed back there were few if any allied fleets that sailed, nor treaties that were written, that came to our aid. In fact, The Spanish, nominally our allies at the time, switched sides and allied with the pirates that were attacking us.

This treaty, that removes all pressure from the Spanish, makes it look like once more we will stand alone. That is unacceptable. Since our diplomats seem stymied by Spanish intransigence, I suggest the following:

Words on the forum mean little. If the British, and elements of Dutch, really mean to honor their existing obligations to us, that they add a Reservation to this treaty where they state that a Spanish attack on the US will void this treaty and cause them to come to our aid directly. The Spanish do not need to agree to the Reservation for it to come to effect -- it simply a matter between us and our allies at that point.

Told you nobody is gonna hold your hands 4 ever, fear to be alone vs spain, or vs us?    :)      brit dutch and sweden are fighting the real war, they not take empty pots, yet you act like usa have a major role and a major say.  LOL

That is my understanding Stephen. We would be able to fight the spanish everywhere and anytime in OW. This includes, from my point of view, also screening for U.S. carriing a flag to a spanish port. And crafting flags against Spin in any territory that is not mentioned in that paper is also possible. Therefore I would say even with this treaty (if.. and I say IF, it will be confirmed) the Dutch clans were still able to support the U.S. 

You gonna clean their cars also, and provide them ships? :P   at this point usa player should just share their accounts to you no ? :P

Ooops sorry, think I got one deleted coz I replied from page 10....without first reading to page 12...so have some patience with that.

As for the treaty, can we all accept one thing : It was drawn together with good intentions by those who participated.

The brits knew (it was obvious) that from their perspective, the Spanish, French and Danes were exhausted with Port Battles and the pirates had lost all cohesion.

The brits had been in talks with their allies who were concerned that we as an alliance could end up winning so heavily as to kill off the player base.

The French and Spanish have very localised 'communities' (from errr. France and Spain) and struggle to play in more than one timezone.

We all want to carry on fighting, we all want big MOFO 25 v 25 nail biting port battles. By example Aves, Sant Iago, Belize, Ruatan all offered some enormous fun. But when one side has LOST and their fleets are broken, their players struggle to play out of hours etc....the fun diminishes.

The treaty would bring respite to the Spanish and some port battles to the French.

The treaty wasn't "asked for" by the losing side, it was offered by the winning side (Vorlon like for them there Bab5 vets).

Now, I don't like not having port battles for a couple of weeks. But if it means we keep more players playing and fill a gap till the new mechanics for alliance and war arrive....then I will support it....and level my perks !!

So to the author's chill a bit chaps, you done good, to the detractors, please be less personal.

And...we all know in another 2-6 weeks. All this will be lost...like salty tears in the Port Morant rain of invisible mission markers.

OH AND DEVS....PLEASE...FIX THE @#$@#$@#$ BATTLE SCREEN with a 10 min timeout...that if you log out/back in, you do EXIT THE BATTLE SCREEN. SO WE CAN OPEN WORLD PVP WITHOUT SHIZZ.

Stop live in an alternative dimension

Pirate are healthy, and well organized  stop attack with 4 nations and see how gonna ends if   swedish alone fight us, or usa alone fight us.    1 on 1 this nations will be closed to their capital if they face us alone. 

Lord Bloated Ego,

So ... how's the fishing in Mortimer Town's green area little guy?

You tell me, for majority of this EA time i was in your green area :) with my clan alone,  you smart enought to know the moment the 4 nation stop the pressure USA is done

Thats why your sub-par leaders cry soo much they wanna dutch-brit to force spanish to accept to not attack USA.  and include usa territory as guaranteed :)

Stay out of this Vicious - seriously you ahve so far not anything useful to show for in pretty much any discussion i come across.

@potemkin - it's a great victory if our screening fleet is so good taht the main attack force never sees a defender - is it fun to attack an empty port-no, is it fun for you to not be able to reach your own port-no - is it the main objective of any supporting force to cut of any reinforcements in war - hell bloody yes!!!

seriosuly do people expect us to send you an invitation so our attacks might fail?! - if you punch through the screen and hold the port - good effort - if you don't DO NOT GO ON THE FORUM AND BITCH AROUND and isntead attack a port or muster a proper defense force!

• Like 2

well, i do not speak for the US nor do i speak for TDA, this is my own thoughts and as such these comments are my own.

first, its nice to see a nation(s) speaking, or in less polite terms, demand certain provisions as if they were in a position of power. which one is clearly not. spain is clearly NOT in a position of any type of power where that should be demanding the areas they are. the keys, south america, they are in fact demanding most of what they lost, and want the timers changed as well? are we/us/them actually considering this? 

second, its sad that there are certain nations that are actually going to agree with this in whole, while there are parts that do make sense. and if so, why are the dutch and british bowing down to these demands? 

third, section cuba line 3 has me concern, an example, spain claims that a US holding in the keys, Las Tortugas, is in their sphere of influence. so according to how this is worded, if spain tries to take that port, and wins, and then the US goes and takes it back, are the dutch and english going to attack the US? 

forth, its nice to see the dutch advance in waters other than the far east.

fifth, you failed to mention the pirates? while not a nation, they are still a force and the spanish failed to mention what happens when their close allies, the pirates attack a dutch or british port under their control. will the spanish actually attack their only true allie? because spanish listed and used the term, "NATION" , this doesnt apply to the pirates. so their friends can attack without and response? how does that work? 

let me add that while i understand the rolling over concept, and agree with it in part. one does needs to negotiate for the betterment of all nations, i fail to see how this agreement benefits all nations. 1 nation, gains the most, while the dutch gain a very small portion, and the british, stand to lose the most. there is still pvp in OW, i fail to be able to wrap my head around who is writing this and more interesting still, who is cowling down to the spanish to agree to all their demands? 

im interested to see if/when the spanish and US have their talks and what new demands the spanish will want. 

• Like 2

well, i do not speak for the US nor do i speak for TDA, this is my own thoughts and as such these comments are my own.

first, its nice to see a nation(s) speaking, or in less polite terms, demand certain provisions as if they were in a position of power. which one is clearly not. spain is clearly NOT in a position of any type of power where that should be demanding the areas they are. the keys, south america, they are in fact demanding most of what they lost, and want the timers changed as well? are we/us/them actually considering this? 

second, its sad that there are certain nations that are actually going to agree with this in whole, while there are parts that do make sense. and if so, why are the dutch and british bowing down to these demands? 

third, section cuba line 3 has me concern, an example, spain claims that a US holding in the keys, Las Tortugas, is in their sphere of influence. so according to how this is worded, if spain tries to take that port, and wins, and then the US goes and takes it back, are the dutch and english going to attack the US? 

forth, its nice to see the dutch advance in waters other than the far east.

fifth, you failed to mention the pirates? while not a nation, they are still a force and the spanish failed to mention what happens when their close allies, the pirates attack a dutch or british port under their control. will the spanish actually attack their only true allie? because spanish listed and used the term, "NATION" , this doesnt apply to the pirates. so their friends can attack without and response? how does that work? 

let me add that while i understand the rolling over concept, and agree with it in part. one does needs to negotiate for the betterment of all nations, i fail to see how this agreement benefits all nations. 1 nation, gains the most, while the dutch gain a very small portion, and the british, stand to lose the most. there is still pvp in OW, i fail to be able to wrap my head around who is writing this and more interesting still, who is cowling down to the spanish to agree to all their demands? 

im interested to see if/when the spanish and US have their talks and what new demands the spanish will want. 

Do you smell it?

i do..

FEAR

Dou you really expect dutch and brit to defend your territory for you 5h of sail away ?when they fight the real war ? while  all usa did was taking shallows and empty ports? and at best having fun around mt in small gank squads?  becouse when spanish where fighting you and brits, spain was gaining territory towards cabo  even 1 vs 2, they started losing ground only when dutch also come in.

One on One spain will eat and defecate usa

• Like 1

Stay out of this Vicious - seriously you ahve so far not anything useful to show for in pretty much any discussion i come across.

@potemkin - it's a great victory if our screening fleet is so good taht the main attack force never sees a defender - is it fun to attack an empty port-no, is it fun for you to not be able to reach your own port-no - is it the main objective of any supporting force to cut of any reinforcements in war - hell bloody yes!!!

seriosuly do people expect us to send you an invitation so our attacks might fail?! - if you punch through the screen and hold the port - good effort - if you don't DO NOT GO ON THE FORUM AND BITCH AROUND and isntead attack a port or muster a proper defense force!

The reason i brought it up was because it was used as an example of skill. It takes no skill to suicide tag ppl in a narrow channel.

ON topic !

The question is, when will

Michiel Pellasgos de Ruyter

dare to sail up the river medway ???

Yes, play a bit with us pirates. To really step into those big feet, there can be only one enemy !

Is this three Admirals Treaty only one piece in the masterplan of the best Admiral ?

I trust in this guy, he has the balls finally to take on the "true old Dutch enemy" and call upon all DUTCH to follow him !

Screw the COUNCIL, follow Pellasgos and there will be a NEW DUTCH GOLDEN AGE.

Impatiently waiting for real NEWS from the Dutch...

Edited by Wilson09

This treaty is reallie made by 10 players of the spanish faction,

But opinion and words from lobogris worth for 150 players ;)

Yes, the others clans, in absence of CeltiberoFrog(enjoy your holidays!) elected SenhorLenhador as diplo.

You are more valuable for us in the north border, we dont you get tired with diplo duties.

So, you are a nasty and jealosuy guy, eh?

[JEALOUS]____write_here_you_war_nickname_____________

• Like 1