Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch with new perks and other changes.

Oooh.. if you really add leeway later on this would be huge. Is there a chance of being able to set individual sails at some point?

NA2 in many years  ;)

If not individual sails selection, please at least some others predefined sail plan when wind strength will be implemented like the actual battle sails option.

One for optimal light wind config, one for storm, one for sailing windward (without sprit sails for exemple), etc..   This is the last thing i can see to give us the best representation of age of sail navigation after acceleration patch, leeway and wind strength. 

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 2

I find very silly that anyone would sit for more than 15 minutes waiting for anyone that is inside a battle or eventually on result screen.

Just sail to another area and do whatever. Staying there sitting for "hours" IS YOUR CHOICE and now you blame everyone else for it !?!?!?

Actually going "nuts" about it and persisting in "wanting to force players to be trapped in game"  is borderline "psychiatric disorder".

• Like 8

Wait a minute! We allready hunt at one of the most risky place on map - Port Royal. Because every day there we fight superrior BR fleet. What you want I will call revenge, doom, hell and izrael. In that conditions we just come to enemy capital for one fight and then go to sleep after. Suicide gameplay, coming out 5 vs 25 isn't best for us. If enemy know, you will apear, no matter after 15 or 30 min waiting, enemy will wait.

We got trouble with player base. If we where most populated nation, then ofc we could lobby battle timers to wipe whole Jamaica. But anywhere on map, in any pvp zone, we still got less than 10 players vs 25 players on zerg side. Battlescreen let us play pvp not being tagged again and again to the death. Otherwise we just stop raiding and leave

seriously, what do you expect when you come to the british capital, one of the most populated places in the game? And the most battles I see there aren't in favor of the brits. Just the ones where an actual revenge fleet get their wanted battle. I just can speak for the brits, but I don't think that any other capital gets visited by fleets of 4 nations every day harrassing new and lonely players, causes that is what mostly starts the reports in nation chat about enemies in capital waters. Messages like "hey I got ganked by 8 danes" or " 10 Pirates SE of Morant tagging 2 brits" etc etc etc. Your so called "hunt" is risky if you leave the battle screen after your first few hits, because miraculously it takes a lot of time to arrange a fleet which deals with the intruders. And in the most cases this fleet won't get their battle. Sometimes the enemy has a bit more honor and faces the fight (this is also PVP right?).

Don't get me wrong. I can totally understand your point and it is frustrating to run into a revenge fleet or getting taggged multiple times when all you want is to go to sleep. But what I also want is, that you understand the other side and their frustration. Constantly getting ganked without a chance to deal with it in most cases.

I just can speak for the brits, but I don't think that any other capital gets visited by fleets of 4 nations every day harrassing new and lonely players, causes that is what mostly starts the reports in nation chat about enemies in capital waters. Messages like "hey I got ganked by 8 danes" or " 10 Pirates SE of Morant tagging 2 brits" etc etc etc. 

Mortimer Town.

Imo its easier to fix.

1st. Taginc circle should be cut half in size. It`s too big. Maybe even more. So def taging is no longer as good as it is now. Still give prey some room to counter act and they deserve it.

2nd. Battle screen lasts 5 minutes. After leaving battle screen your ship stays in ow for 5 minutes. You log off on battle screen? Np. You ship automatically shows in OW and stays there for 5 minutes and then disappears. No more magically invisible enemies hiding in your waters. Atleast it`ll be more risky.

Battle ends and everyone leaves. You stay and sail. Ok. 10 minutes since last man leaving battle instance it closes automatically. If you log off during that 10 minutes you drop out to OW and stays there for 5 minutes ...

Easy to implement i think and fix most of problems.

It doesn't fix anything it is the same suggestions everyone who ganks or port hugs makes. Force players who pvp and have a life to lose every battle.

Just not good. Mark my words the day anything is implemented that forces a loss on a captain who cant spend 9 hours to do one battle the population of this game will be 20.

We can all agree that the ones who hate this battlesceen thing are the gankers and port huggers who never leave thier safe space and just wait to gank real players going to look for a fight.

Whats really pathetic is that the only place to find most players is sitting right in thier capital. What does that say about these players? Try leaving port once in a while and problem is solved.

One of the most ironic things in all of these post is that a lot of the same captains who bitched daily that they dont have time to sail 15 minutes to get somewhere and that it was so game breaking to have to sail 15 minutes they would quit are also the same captians who will sit for 4 or 5 hours staring blankly at a screen just to gangbang some guy.

Just wow.

There is the problem. The fleets at Mortimer Town and KPR should meet inbetween. :D:P

And that's what will happen,  pvp will move away and be on different areas of the the map automatically, players base will be spread out in different areas for pvp instead of having many attackers/ defenders around capitals only, but apparently what many want is just jump on easy targets, they never want to have even fights with enemies prepared and coming to fight like it will happen when all those players going to other Nations capitals will meet together somewhere more or less mid way from the capitals the attack on daily basis and will be more even fights there instead of 7 guys jumping one isolated  ships near a captial.

They just want to have them easy uneven fights, be able to pick targets they are sure to win against, like going to the supermarket and use exploits to escape and hide the rest of the times if fight become even or in them defavor while in the enemies most populated waters where it should be risky to go for pvp to start with.

Those guys don't want pvp, they want easy ganking like 7 trincs attacking a single frigate and call it pvp but when those same 7 trincs attacking in the enemies Capitals will get 7 trincs chasing them they will call it revenge fleet and flee from an even fight like it is almost always the case when it's just even fights, and of course if you go hunt 5 mn away from a capital you expect to get some risks and be ready to see a fleet similar to yours in size or way superior in numbers rise and start to go for you, putting the hunter into the hunted, it's part of what is implied when going there but apparently guys just want the free wild card to avoid any fireback using exploits to hide while being able to hunt in only uneven fights in them favor picking what they want like at the supermarket ...  what an hypocrisy ... 

And that's what will happen, pvp will move away and be on different areas of the the map automatically, but apparently what many want is just jump on easy targets, they never want to have even fights with enemies prepared and coming to fight like it will happen when all those players going to other Nations capitals will meet together mid way from capitals and will be more even fights there instead of 7 guys jumping one isolated ships near a captial.

They just want to have them easy uneven fights, be able to pick targets they are sure to win against, like going to the supermarket and use exploits to escape and hide the rest of the times if fight become even or in them defavor while in the enemies most populated waters where it should be risky to go for pvp to start with.

Those guys don't want pvp, they want easy ganking like 7 trincs attacking a single frigate and call it pvp but when those same 7 trincs attacking in the enemies Capitals will get 7 trincs chasing them they will call it revenge fleet and flee from an even fight like it is almost always the case when it's just even fights, and of course if you go hunt 5 mn away from a capital you expect to get some risks and be ready to see a fleet similar to yours in size or way superior in numbers rise and start to go for you, putting the hunter into the hunted, it's part of what is implied when going there but apparently guys just want the free wild card to avoid any fireback using exploits to hide while being able to hunt in only uneven fights in them favor picking what they want like at the supermarket ... what an hypocrisy ...

So captain, what exactly is it that is keeping you and your " brave loyal" friends from forming up and meetinf these big bullies before they reach you ? Why are you all not going out and intercepting them now since you are all so brave?

Oh because them they cant wait to gank them after the battle lol. Nvm

The problem isnt battle timers its that nobody will leave the damn capitals.

Edited by Mrdoomed

So captain, what exactly is it that is keeping you and your " brave loyal" friends from forming up and meetinf these big bullies before they reach you ? Why are you all not going out and intercepting them now since you are all so brave?

Oh because them yiu cant wait to gank them after the battle lol. Nvm

Because it's often the same when you meet and intercept those guys on them way while in a small patrol fleet with just a few guys wandering on enemies most commonly used paths to join your own capital , they escape and hide when there is even fights profiling, many come with boarding setups and don't want to risk a fight while having less crew assigned to guns with those setups, what most want is just peck around the easy fights they are 100% guaranteed to win around the Capitals and they will avoid anything else, even when it starts to be even but still in them favor with a slight advantage for them , they don't want even fights, they want guaranteed easy wins and want to get the security to escape and hide if they don't have this 100% guarantee ... 

I find very silly that anyone would sit for more than 15 minutes waiting for anyone that is inside a battle or eventually on result screen.

Just sail to another area and do whatever. Staying there sitting for "hours" IS YOUR CHOICE and now you blame everyone else for it !?!?!?

Actually going "nuts" about it and persisting in "wanting to force players to be trapped in game"  is borderline "psychiatric disorder".

Being able to avoid any fights at will is an exploit, call is psychiatric disorder or whatever it you want, it's still an exploit that needs to be fixed or at least limited with a cooldown like explained.

While you keep splitting hairs over combat model which is pretty good at this moment and is the best part of Naval Action, players keep leaving

in droves for the lack of content or meaningful things to do in the game.

Please concentrate on things needed in this game, like alliances and diplomacy, port battles, pirate nation changes, more ships, UI... Important stuff, promised but delayed to infinity!

You can fiddle with the damage model later when we have a damn game to play! 

Thx!

If the combat model is so good, then there is unlimited content, because every fight is different.  Unless of course, you mainly roam around in huge gank fleets.

I don't like the automatic crew killing with penetrating shots. Even when some historical battles ended after a few broadsides, others lasted for hours. If you want to have more killed crew it should be made more historical correct (which is difficult, I know).

I would propose it the following way:

- The chance to kill crew must depend on the location that is hit. If you hit the hull at the gun deck the chance is much higher than hitting below.

- The chance to kill crew shall be lower when the velocity of the penetrating ball higher (there are less splinters, even if this sounds strange. Fast penetrating balls shoot clear holes, while the slow one break though the walls). This means that double charged guns (which are not historical correct) will have less crew killed than regular ones, while double shots have a higher killing rate due to their lower speed.

- If many crew members in a certain area of the gun deck are killed, hits in that area shall have a very low or none effect, since nobody is there. So crew density shall matter.

But you can kill crew that easily with balls, what is grape good for? Is it still needed?

Historical, grape could do a lot of damage to the rigging, this might be implemented.

What I would like to see is the possibility to load for close range loading ball and canister to reduce crew and damage the ship at the same time.

• Like 2

Because it's often the same when you meet and intercept those guys on them way while in a small patrol fleet with just a few guys wandering on enemies most commonly used paths to join your own capital , they escape and hide when there is even fights profiling, many come with boarding setups and don't want to risk a fight while having less crew assigned to guns with those setups, what most want is just peck around the easy fights they are 100% guaranteed to win around the Capitals and they will avoid anything else, even when it starts to be even but still in them favor with a slight advantage for them , they don't want even fights, they want guaranteed easy wins and want to get the security to escape and hide if they don't have this 100% guarantee ...

Being able to avoid any fights at will is an exploit, call is psychiatric disorder or whatever it you want, it's still an exploit that needs to be fixed or at least limited with a cooldown like explained.

That point could be valid BUT since they are in fact hiding in a battle screen it does mean u in fact got them into battle and failed to kill them. Thats completely on your team to have a good tag and to kill them. If they escaped they win now they get to decide the next step. To me this seems fair, easy and most balanced way to do it.

I would say if they are hiding them move on to the next bad guy in your capital. After all they are everywhere you guys say. The capital areas aint that big and if all you are sailing around you will get them.

Seems fair no ? I dont see why you would rather sit and do nothing rather than helping all the guys getting attacked.

That point could be valid BUT since they are in fact hiding in a battle screen it does mean u in fact got them into battle and failed to kill them. Thats completely on your team to have a good tag and to kill them. If they escaped they win now they get to decide the next step. To me this seems fair, easy and most balanced way to do it.

I would say if they are hiding them move on to the next bad guy in your capital. After all they are everywhere you guys say. The capital areas aint that big and if all you are sailing around you will get them.

Seems fair no ? I dont see why you would rather sit and do nothing rather than helping all the guys getting attacked.

if i am paying attention on the OW (which I usually am)....and i see a terrible situation coming, a fight that i simply cannot win...i will defensive tag and start a conversation with them while i sail for 2 minutes and escape. happens all the time. 

therefore i call your statement incorrect. good positioning is on you and your team to ATTEMPT. but defensive tags are sooo simple to employ and devastate your position attempts 

• Like 1

Yes, the core problem here is not the end battle screen, but the incredible ease, 100% effectiveness of defensive tags and smuggler / pirate friendly attacks allowing the creation of non-battles to hide in.

Anyone who fights a genuine battle, even an unfair one, has every right to stay in end battle screen for personal reasons or to avoid OS time exploiting revenge fleets.

• Like 2

And that's what will happen,  pvp will move away and be on different areas of the the map automatically, players base will be spread out in different areas for pvp instead of having many attackers/ defenders around capitals only, but apparently what many want is just jump on easy targets, they never want to have even fights with enemies prepared and coming to fight like it will happen when all those players going to other Nations capitals will meet together somewhere more or less mid way from the capitals the attack on daily basis and will be more even fights there instead of 7 guys jumping one isolated  ships near a captial.

Those guys don't want pvp, they want easy ganking like 7 trincs attacking a single frigate and call it pvp but when those same 7 trincs attacking in the enemies Capitals will get 7 trincs chasing them they will call it revenge fleet and flee from an even fight like it is almost always the case when it's just even fights, and of course if you go hunt 5 mn away from a capital you expect to get some risks and be ready to see a fleet similar to yours in size or way superior in numbers rise and start to go for you, putting the hunter into the hunted, it's part of what is implied when going there but apparently guys just want the free wild card to avoid any fireback using exploits to hide while being able to hunt in only uneven fights in them favor picking what they want like at the supermarket ...  what an hypocrisy ... 

i disagree with you. i WANT a good fight. i generally lead my clan around morti town searching for a good fightable adventure. we tend to run 2-4 frigates, and ingermanland being the heaviest ship we will likely bring. 

now before people start screeching that this is our choice...it is. this is what we choose to bring so we are nimble to escape and heavy enough to kill. GENERALLY we find solo frigates and recently that new 2nd rate. we would be FOOLS to not kill those targets of opportunity. its moderately boring. but i am going to take the kills that i can take over searching for the mythical "good fight"

on one occasion we left the battle screen and found we were surrounded by like 30 ships. my brother and i both left the battle screen and engaged this mega fleet of anti-gank. 

we lost our ships. i got to blow up on a Constitution tho :)

was HORRIBLY unfair. not complaining about it. i am saying is that we brought  a 5th rate and a 4th rate and got REKT by many many 2nd and 4th rates. no good fight was had that day. not by us at any rate. and thats ok we went back to tortu and found one of our gankers sailing and ingerm in the channel....we had some fun revenge sinking him. gotta keep that isk positive.

TLDR; if i managed to find a group similar in size and fire power to fight i would eagerly take the fight. i generally don't so i take what fights i can take. usually 2-3 vs 1. sorry.

if i am paying attention on the OW (which I usually am)....and i see a terrible situation coming, a fight that i simply cannot win...i will defensive tag and start a conversation with them while i sail for 2 minutes and escape. happens all the time.

therefore i call your statement incorrect. good positioning is on you and your team to ATTEMPT. but defensive tags are sooo simple to employ and devastate your position attempts

Meh, people try defense tags on me all tje time and 9 out of 10 times i still get them so i would rather keep a good mechanic rather tham change everything to fit oddball cases.

Regarding defensive tag :

Maybe you should not be able to press attack button if the BR difference in the supposed radius is too high.

This and reworking the BR ratio necessary to tag.... I mean rattle or renommee for example should not tag higher than the trinconmalee (up it would be suicide IRL)

Leave the defensive tag alone. It give solo players the confidence to leave port and capital areas. If it means I miss sinking a boat or two it's worth it to have a population that isn't as afraid to sail around.

• Like 4

What a nightmare - tacking is just turing into irons - no matter how fast you enter

if we cant have diesel engines - do you need power brakes?

I had no problems with frigates up to 5th rate.

• Like 1