Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch with new perks and other changes.

Crew disabling, i think, will kill any resistance of lower level ships in battle vs bigger ship. As trinco, surprise, frigate user I can say i won't accept that. I always have fights where big ships try to hurt me hard, but with this I'l just loose my favorite game definitelly.

As a frigate commander, you shouldn't really be fighting anything bigger than a frigate. They aren't ships of the line, so don't use them as such.

think of your sails  as <  >  shapes......if your tuning into the wind then you want the open ends the way you wanna go.....if you are with the wind you want the pointy bit the way you want to go....that works basically till 45 either way and then you dont really get the same kind of manual sail assistance.....

I finally started to get this down in turns into the irons and I'm like.....HOLLY COW THAT WAS SO EASY.  I would say more think of them like this \/ or /\ pattern when you turn into the wind  and it will help you get out a lot faster.  

I do like the idea of defeating an enemy in four to five good stern rakes. More realistic battles are always welcome in my book. History proves countless times that ships subjected to heavy taking fire had fairly short lifespans in the midst of a battle.

The only issue is wish there was an option of surrender or let them keep there ship/stuff if I don't want to take it all from them.  Like I take so much cargo and a prize money from the player, but he keeps the rest of his ship/cargo and crew/offier lives.   This along with cargo/ship sharing at the end of battle would be nice.  Every shallow port battle we been in we had to drump most of our rewards cause no one has a cargo to hold it.   

The only issue is wish there was an option of surrender or let them keep there ship/stuff if I don't want to take it all from them. Like I take so much cargo and a prize money from the player, but he keeps the rest of his ship/cargo and crew/offier lives. This along with cargo/ship sharing at the end of battle would be nice. Every shallow port battle we been in we had to drump most of our rewards cause no one has a cargo to hold it.

I very much agree. I think the victors should have many options as to what they can do with the enemies. Decisions that would need careful consideration! Like saving their crew, that happened all the time. During Nelsons battle at the Nile he ordered one of his ships to go save survivors in the water, if I'm not mistaken. A gentlemans war indeed.

I very much agree. I think the victors should have many options as to what they can do with the enemies. Decisions that would need careful consideration! Like saving their crew, that happened all the time. During Nelsons battle at the Nile he ordered one of his ships to go save survivors in the water, if I'm not mistaken. A gentlemans war indeed.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15399-strike-colours-ruse-de-guerre-surrender-while-sinking-patch-proposal/

Too complex. ;)