Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.71

admin

Do the AI have somekind of bonus to reload or hull HP? I answer this cause it already has a bonus of more crew so perhaps it has other bonuses.

They all seems to use MC hammcoks giving now 10% more crew, i use a gold one giving 12.5% more crew on the top of 5% from crew space built it on my essex, still not explains why they are able to destroy me so easily in smaller ships while using less and smaller canons than mine having almost half less the armor mines gets

• Like 3

Fixed bugs:

Spawning in land will happen less after exiting orders/events from the OW.

UI bug hiding the mission entry button for large groups fixed

Several technical problems fixed

Leaks

Ramming leaks bug increasing their size dramatically fixed - ramming leaks returned to the pre-patch level

Nice to hear! *thumbsup*

It seems the crew loss on the rated ships has returned to the high level about 8 weeks ago, meaning rated ships are loosing way too much crew again. I.e. one broadside from a GV into the Broadside of a Santi killed close to 1% of the crew (12). One broadside from the santi inot the GV killed exactly 1 crew.....

Edited by Brogsitter

Well, yesterday I was with my teak 3d rate vs 2 constitutions and the IA was too broken. They destroyed my 2 broadside and I had to use my repair because they do a exaggerated damage. Before patch i was able to kill them with all my broadsides upon 50/60 %. Something more has been changed, not only these 2 things... 

Sorry for my bad english. Nice work to all.

A 3rd Rate has 74 guns (16-24 pdr) and 2 Constitution have 54 x 2 = 108 guns (12-24 pdr).

It'd be logical to lose that fight, unless... you're better than the IA.

What about practicing more with this new patch ? :)

• Like 1

there are no bonuses to ai - they use the same cannons as you

the glaring bugs in their shooting were fixed

+ they shoot into water less than before

+ they stay closer and shoot less at ricocheting angles 

Admin,

I can see what you are being told here - but that does not bare out in actual game play.

Last night My Live oak Trinc with all 32pd carronades against a NPC Essex very close side by side match speed and wind pushing my cannon and hull into the water - nice and safe.

I fire my full broadside first at close range with easily most of my shot landing - did a small amount of armour damage maybe 5-10% At the most. Fair enough.

The NPC Essex then fires his broadside at exactly the same distance as it was just a matter of seconds later. This shredded about 15-20% of my armour and gave me 6 leaks.

I have more armour (10%) more cannon and very likely significantly more fire power with me using carronades as very close range - and yet - the NPC completely out gunned me. so I bailed out.

Now - after I turned to run at 90 degrees from him - the NPC was firing single shot board side very accurately into my stern. Quite impressive. That I can live with - being totally unrealistically out-gunned just doesn't make sense. I choose the battle because side by side I should wreak the Essex - but this was not the case.

Something is quite wrong with the core fighting mechanics when all things being equal the heavy broadside from a player does significant less damage than a much weaker broadside from the NPC.

• Like 9

Ok AI isnt fixed yet... I cant beat a mercury on my snow. This is nonsense, play your own game devs and you will see it. Im not playing until i see some "AI rail gun accuracy fixed, now the AI will not shoot at the exact point where you are penetrated con both sides so often" Until i read this on a patch notes i will not play. Enjoy being sink folks

• Like 6

W

Admin,

I can see what you are being told here - but that does not bare out in actual game play.

Last night My Live oak Trinc with all 32pd carronades against a NPC Essex very close side by side match speed and wind pushing my cannon and hull into the water - nice and safe.

I fire my full broadside first at close range with easily most of my shot landing - did a small amount of armour damage maybe 5-10% At the most. Fair enough.

The NPC Essex then fires his broadside at exactly the same distance as it was just a matter of seconds later. This shredded about 15-20% of my armour and gave me 6 leaks.

I have more armour (10%) more cannon and very likely significantly more fire power with me using carronades as very close range - and yet - the NPC completely out gunned me. so I bailed out.

Now - after I turned to run at 90 degrees from him - the NPC was firing single shot board side very accurately into my stern. Quite impressive. That I can live with - being totally unrealistically out-gunned just doesn't make sense. I choose the battle because side by side I should wreak the Essex - but this was not the case.

Something is quite wrong with the core fighting mechanics when all things being equal the heavy broadside from a player does significant less damage than a much weaker broadside from the NPC.

I do not know both ships construction details but it is possible that given the specifications of the Trincomalee it has a more flimsy structure ? You can't see that in the UI by any means. It is intrinsic to the ship itself as the model is build by the real life counterpart schematics.

There is a lot to the game than simple toe-to-toe.

Not doubting anything mind you, just coming up with a factor ( one that I love in sim games ) that is not slapped across the info and makes us research further. As an example, the Consti. It is naturally already hard and strong and tanky, so giving it live oak will enhance it while giving a Surprise Live Oak won't help that much as the ship scheme is not made for enduring full cannonades.

• Like 1

Guys, if you think you are seeing strange damage outputs in battle, why aren't you taking screenshots?

Devs can't take unsupported anecdotes as serious evidence of a problem.

Last night I took my Niagara out against a Merc. We both mounted 6-pdrs and I sank it, but without much armor remaining. Seems pretty normal to me.

• Like 2

When the AI have the same abilities as me (and the same chance to miss) I'll be back to the game. 

I like that there are a bigger variety of ships on the OW. I somehow feel the XP boost was cheat. And that I didn't reach rank 10 on my own, left me somehow disappointed. 

I know that a lot of players don't like the grind - but I think that some grind must be a part af a MMO, especially when there is no endgame. 

My suggestions is that we get something else to lvl or grind. Perhaps some perks og officers to rank up. 

When I log on now, I'm not sure what to do? I won't  do missions, as I don't need XP anymore. I have the 1st rate ship. Crafting is done very quickly. Attacking random ships is not fun, because the enemy has better rate of fire, penetration and hiTrate than you. Losing a 1st rate in a fleet order, with 4-6 rate ships is silly.

Not to be too negative - I think this game will bleed players fast over the next week or so, because there is nothing to do, beside the occasional port battles.

Just my input.

• Like 7

Attacking random ships is not fun, because the enemy has better rate of fire, penetration and hiTrate than you.

What to do in the game now? The obvious answer here is to improve your skills until you realize that this statement is false.

• Like 5

As a new Player (3-4 days old) .. I can truly attest to how strong the AI currently are since last patch.  With this hotfix doing NOTHING to fix said issue... also I don't remember reading in patch notes about any buffs to AI...so it is coming as a shock to me that suddenly the AI are so much more..... (stronger/faster/more accurate/more aggressive...ect...) ...as <--This does not help with the new "leaks" system being put into place ...  

This is coming from a new appreciative player just trying to learn the ropes and not get frustrated with your awesome game.

I do hope you tune down these "OP" o.O? AI in hopes that it will be a bit more normalized ...like you know 4 days ago when i started playing....

Don't get me wrong I like a challenge and a bit more difficulty but THIS...is a lil ridiculous as I should NOT!!!!!!!!! <--(not enough exclamation points) being getting my butt whipped ...and then killed by taking thief missions in a basic cutter ..again.. after having no problem doing them a few days ago....

also on a side note...taking out capturing npc's ships has felt like a real "dick-punch" to me and all 5 friends that started playing the same day...4 days ago...not rly seeing the issue with being able to cap them...especially with there 1 dura..aka 1 life ships...derrrrr......

anywho...hope this incite from a very new player has helped and will be looking forward to positive changes in this great game.. ty

• Like 1

Hear hear, love the ramming leaks and UI fix.

Hope you do something about the 1.5x BR thing, as it has already messed conquest fleets over and will continue to do so.

Pirates flag for George Town got caught in a battle and the rest of the pirates nearby couldn't join the battle to rescue him, this is just one of the many downsides of it.

And please don't tell me to "Keep your stations and you'll be fine."

While I am not a supporter of the new BR system, even under the new system your entire fleet would of been in the battle if the flag carrier had not planted his flag while most of your fleet were still invulnerable from the previous battle.

The moment he planted the flag he lost his invulnerability. He was tagged and dragged into battle leaving the majority of the pirates still invulnerable and thus not dragged into the instance.

When the British realised what had happened we stopped anyone else from our side joining so no more pirates could get in.

Its all a it stupid if you ask me but if your guy had waited before planting the flag your entire fleet would of been sucked in.

• Like 1

Nice to see this fixed fast, it was quite gamebreaking. Does the leak fix also help with the extremely fast sinking from gunshots (was it maybe a part of the same bug)? What I mean is, yesterday I sunk an NPC Navy Brig with a single 32pd carronade broadside to the waterline while it still had 70-90% of armor left on all sides, it went down in less than 10 seconds.

• Like 1

Hear hear, love the ramming leaks and UI fix.

Hope you do something about the 1.5x BR thing, as it has already messed conquest fleets over and will continue to do so.

Pirates flag for George Town got caught in a battle and the rest of the pirates nearby couldn't join the battle to rescue him, this is just one of the many downsides of it.

And please don't tell me to "Keep your stations and you'll be fine."

It wasn't messed up because of the 1.5BR, but because of the flag mechanics. The 1.5BR mechanics only messed you up because your flag carrier with only a few ships jumped out a lot earlier than the rest of your fleet. But then again the entire conquest system needs a rework.

Fixed bugs:

Spawning in land will happen less after exiting orders/events from the OW.

UI bug hiding the mission entry button for large groups fixed

Several technical problems fixed

Leaks

Ramming leaks bug increasing their size dramatically fixed - ramming leaks returned to the pre-patch level

Quick work.... this one was quite game-breaking. 

Since the patch I lose allot more crew when fighting AI. Before I would lose 15 crew max in a fight, yesterday I lost 70 - 80 crew just from hits on the sides. I think the physics they use now for the leak sink when taking too muh damage below the waterline is what might be causing a bit of this strange behavior on cannon balls and their penetration, has nothing to do with AI hitting better. Its just the way the hull handles the cannonballs right now.

• Like 1

Ok AI isnt fixed yet... I cant beat a mercury on my snow. This is nonsense, play your own game devs and you will see it. Im not playing until i see some "AI rail gun accuracy fixed, now the AI will not shoot at the exact point where you are penetrated con both sides so often" Until i read this on a patch notes i will not play. Enjoy being sink folks

snow is outclassed by mercury.

mercury is just a much better ship in general.

Regarding railgun AI: does their rank factor into it? I'm still seeing low-rank AI giving their cannonballs a bath.

Yes

low ranked bots are .. not smart

• Like 1

I'm ok with AI being more skilled. It was a little ridiculous before. I was able to take a 3rd+Connie fleet with my undercrewed Connie by just sailing parallel and trading broadsides. I've watched a snow cap an AI Connie on more than one occasion.

Cannon penetration is more of an issue for me because it negates the effect of armor if everything is going to pen everything else anyways. Ships with good armor don't seem balanced with their counterparts that have other advantages. (Belle Poule vs frigate or Essex vs Trincomalee)

• Like 1