Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.7 - Land sighted

admin

Yes but can we buy some differents quality ships ? The problem of npc shop is : FIR / TEAK with grey MALUS :)

You have 5 slots to do that. Shift structures around and build ships or get another account. Trust me Shipbuilding just got hot. If you still not involved in crafting, you better start it now. Ship demand just skyrocket for high quality grade.

• Like 2

Aye but what im saying is you can no longer get a duplicate BP from crafting aswell as making it impossible to get one from dismantle NPC ships so the only way now is from Player ships if your mad enough to dismantle them.

So getting the same BP twice to 'sell' it require you to Cap a Player ship and hope for the BP upon dismantling 

People won't be able to sell blueprints that much anymore. Is that a problem?

Far more effective than capping player ships would be buying them from AI, and then dismantling them. This is still many times more effective than dismantling prizes. 

• Known blueprints no longer drop for the crafter

I wonder if it is going to increase the chance to drop unknown blueprint instead or this is going to kill blueprint trading between crafters?

- How about enemy ships in mission, they run all the time. As I understood game mechanic force them to use stern chaser cannons and because of that during battle they run like little b***

- How about to take a look at crew management mechanic again? If we use long cannon instead of medium we always sail under crew! Player should punished because ship allow him to use long cannons! Crew space and extra hammocks are extra bonus and they don't have to do anything with ships ability!

- Why not to have all known blueprints in all server like xp?

Special thanks for awesome game and all updates, and also much much appreciated to have this update patch topic before deploying the patch.

If you feel that not being able to capture NPCs is a small clan issue, then the problem is you and your clan. This change should encourage more clans to work together and more importantly a nation to work together. It doesn't benefit anyway (but one clan) if they can build all the big ships and not put them on the market for others to purchase. If that is the case, then that said nation will lose out to a nation that understands how to organize themselves and work together. 

This change shouldn't be "mine clan can't build these bigger ships" it should be "OK what clans can I work with and how can I help in other ways."

Great change and I hope it improves the economy overall. 

Work together as a nation, not as single entities.

• Like 3

Start organizing guys. Clans work together and build ships for Pirates. I don't see anything bad here. 

Why should i do eco as pirate and everyone is going to attack my trader that makes no sense!

• Like 1

Soften the ganking.

• Ganking is considered a main problem by a large portion of the community and needs to be lessened a bit. We are bringing back an old feature FOR TESTING that was in game before the release. Initial attack does not have any limitations as before. But entering the battle cannot change the balance in battle for more than 1.5x BR difference. In this case if you got yourself into an even fight enemies close by will not be able to unbalance the battle. Of course if you see a large fleet on the horizon its still better to run.

Sad changes. Some people like me want fight with a large number of the enemy. And its not historically. You need to work with timers and zones for entering in battle, but not with BR.

• Like 3

[...]

We are ok with cutting something people like if it brings other things that are a lot better - which is much better variety of enemies on the OW.

If we want to improve pve content the ability to capture must go - + its somewhat historical. Admiralty always took the captured ships away. 

Does/will this pertain to pirates as well?

Because, historically, there was no "Pirate Admiralty" (and odd phrase just to type), so pirates should retain the ability to capture, at the very least, small-medium vessels.

I'm not a fan of the blueprint change.  Now people will rarely be selling them, or have a reason to sell them.  What happens if someone owns every blueprint, do none drop for them?  Is that entire income source removed?

well, if the fact that you cannot drop twice a BP means that you still have the same % of dropping a new BP each time you craft a certain level and kind of ship and the IA will choose afer the dropped BP only among the ones you do not already own, then it's not a problem. If the change means that the systems chooses before the BP that you will drop from the crafting of a certain kind and level of ship and then, if it's a BP that you already own, simply it does not spawn it, then it's a downside.

Is it possible for the devs pleas to clarify of the new mechanics of BP drop are in the first or in the second sense?

You have 5 slots to do that. Shift structures around and build ships or get another account. Trust me Shipbuilding just got hot. If you still not involved in crafting, you better start it now. Ship demand just skyrocket for high quality grade.

i m clan leader, lvl37 in craft, we have all we need for crafting our gold ships, my concern is about independants players...

Edited by charognard666
  • Like 1

i m clan leader, lvl37 in craft, we have all we need for crafting our gold ships, my concern is about independants players...

Independent players have 5 accounts and craft Santisimas on their own. They will be fine trust me. If those who don't have many accounts, can join my guild on pvp1 usa, pm Wind Element. lol

I mean, a every ship up to "heavy frigates" can be bought from the NPC shop now.

Yeah but that means grinding money to buy those ships.

Currently my gameplay Cap boat.  PVP in it till it sinks.  Cap new boat.  Rinse repeat.

Now i have to buy boats to pvp in.  Which will require grinding NPC missions.  Not at all what i want to do.

Yes but can we buy some differents quality ships ? The problem of npc shop is : FIR / TEAK with grey MALUS :)

Every new guy has stepping stones to the good stuff. Maybe now they can stop handing out high quality ships to every newb who joins someones clan.

Land in battles and no more NPC capped ship spam... Now all that remains is that you make  pirates into a kickass game mechanic instead of a placebo "Nation", rework crafting, make port battles with kickass forts and create a donation webpage where i could donate extra money and my soul to you people.

So we now completely lost the ability to:

1. cap NPC ship and sent her to remote outpost for later use
  2. cap NPC ship and sent current ship to remote outpost for later use

Maybe great historically, but really not good gameplay wise (when a LOT of players complain about sailing distances and the ability to send ship to a remote outpost was really a great help).

At the same time when far less people complained about "ganking" you are artificially tweaking historical accuracy for gameplay adjustments. Also risking a lot of hostile fleets sailing in foreign waters without risking much (because no reinforcements above 1.5BR can come to help even when you attacked someone in direct view of their capital).

VERY arguable changes.

Solution:  Capture traders.

Yeah but that means grinding money to buy those ships.

Currently my gameplay Cap boat.  PVP in it till it sinks.  Cap new boat.  Rinse repeat.

Now i have to buy boats to pvp in.  Which will require grinding NPC missions.  Not at all what i want to do.

A money sinker was needed to control the inflation

Sad changes. Some people like me want fight with a large number of the enemy. And its not historically. You need to work with timers and zones for entering in battle, but not with BR.

As far as I understand this, you can still have your large Battles and ganks with higher numbers, if all ships are inside the tagging circle at the start of the battle. The BR limit just counts for stragglers or random sailors, who want to join after the battle started.

Edited by Cecil Selous
  • Like 2