Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.7 - Land sighted

admin

They are listening. Gave patch notes a day ahead so we can complain all day instead of day of patch. Gives players a chance to beg before deployment. I like it all, may come back, since now nobody can cap 3rds... which makes it more fun to kill again and try tp get all the xp from the kill. 

Among the "minor" changes, I really like :

• You can now disable reload (by keeping the ability to fire) for the whole broadside by pressing F5 - this will free up men if you don't plan to use that side of the ship in combat
  • All ships up to heavy frigates have been added to NPC stores.
  • Known blueprints no longer drop for the crafter
  • Cutter positioning on water in the OW somewhat improved

(Land in battles, RoE changes, Reinforcements changes, "Soften the ganking", Mortar brig, Duel room  and (most of ?) the PvE content are great.)

Statistically people don't lose ships much on the pve servers. I am sure it is 10x easier to build ships on PVE1. 

We are ok with cutting something people like if it brings other things that are a lot better - which is much better variety of enemies on the OW.

If we want to improve pve content the ability to capture must go - + its somewhat historical. Admiralty always took the captured ships away. 

So by "PVE content" you do not mean Open World, but PVE Servers? Meaning, this does not affect PVP1 or PVP2 or PVP3?

So we now completely lost the ability to:

1. cap NPC ship and sent her to remote outpost for later use
  2. cap NPC ship and sent current ship to remote outpost for later use

Maybe great historically, but really not good gameplay wise (when a LOT of players complain about sailing distances and the ability to send ship to a remote outpost was really a great help).

At the same time when far less people complained about "ganking" you are artificially tweaking historical accuracy for gameplay adjustments. Also risking a lot of hostile fleets sailing in foreign waters without risking much (because no reinforcements above 1.5BR can come to help even when you attacked someone in direct view of their capital).

VERY arguable changes.

You have ships added to NPC stores, all up to a Frigate. 

Capping any ship to be able to send your main ship to remote outpost was a great and needed thing.

You can still do that with trader ships, which is exactly what everybody did before.

These patch note threads are always an excellent test of reading comprehension skills.

• Like 11

I hope I'm not the only one who noticed this gem. An achilles' heel for the Trincomalee? 

For the warship capping changes, my first impression is dislike but we'll see how this plays out. I found capping AI ships to be a great way to "Test Drive" and figure out which ships I liked and which I didn't. 

That's why you have to hit T before or during Enemy Fire.

• Like 1

So by "PVE content" you do not mean Open World, but PVE Servers? Meaning, this does not affect PVP1 or PVP2 or PVP3?

the only difference between those servers is ability to attack players and buy assault flags. no other difference. so changes affect all servers.

• Like 2

Im also interested in due to the fact you no longer get the BP twice if you already have the ship

so that lowers BP selling 

But also no longer being able to cap NPC ships which means you can no longer dismantle them for the BP

so the only way to get a BP now is to dismantle player ships?

Soften the ganking.

• Ganking is considered a main problem by a large portion of the community and needs to be lessened a bit. We are bringing back an old feature FOR TESTING that was in game before the release. Initial attack does not have any limitations as before. But entering the battle cannot change the balance in battle for more than 1.5x BR difference. In this case if you got yourself into an even fight enemies close by will not be able to unbalance the battle. Of course if you see a large fleet on the horizon its still better to run.
  • Attacks in the protected areas are now prohibited by design (even on NPCs) to avoid pulling your fleets into battles by hidden alts or by mistakes
  • We are aware of the counter-tag issues and ROE will be addressed eventually.

What about when playing with people of other nations?

• Important: Combat NPC ships are now transferred to the admiralty after capture – admiralty immediately provides the compensation for the captured ship durability. But you cannot capture NPC ships any more. Trading ships can be captured.

What a bad move Pirates can't drive a equal eco and if wipe you cani get a decent ship!?

ByeBye!

• Important: Combat NPC ships are now transferred to the admiralty after capture – admiralty immediately provides the compensation for the captured ship durability. But you cannot capture NPC ships any more. Trading ships can be captured.

What a bad move Pirates can't drive a equal eco and if wipe you cani get a decent ship!?

ByeBye!

It forces pirates to pvp more and capture players ships? Oh god WHY!

• Like 11

Soften the ganking.

• Ganking is considered a main problem by a large portion of the community and needs to be lessened a bit. We are bringing back an old feature FOR TESTING that was in game before the release. Initial attack does not have any limitations as before. But entering the battle cannot change the balance in battle for more than 1.5x BR difference. In this case if you got yourself into an even fight enemies close by will not be able to unbalance the battle. Of course if you see a large fleet on the horizon its still better to run.
  • Attacks in the protected areas are now prohibited by design (even on NPCs) to avoid pulling your fleets into battles by hidden alts or by mistakes
  • We are aware of the counter-tag issues and ROE will be addressed eventually.

any restrictions regarding pvp on pvp servers are bad...always...

• Like 3

ByeBye!

Start organizing guys. Clans work together and build ships for Pirates. I don't see anything bad here. 

• Like 1

Pretty radical patch notes! 

Worried the change to capping NPC ships will kill new players ability to have a go in different ships. We'l see. Not sure this is the correct way to address the third rate spam problem even though as times gone on the third rate problem is less of a issue as everyone's crafting bigger ships now.

• Like 2

Im also interested in due to the fact you no longer get the BP twice if you already have the ship

so that lowers BP selling 

But also no longer being able to cap NPC ships which means you can no longer dismantle them for the BP

so the only way to get a BP now is to dismantle player ships?

Were you unaware that crafting yellow ships was the only remotely viable way of securing BPs?

Dismantling ships for BPs has been completely obsolete for a month now. Anyone trying to get BPs that way has been digging trenches with a teaspoon instead of a shovel.

Why are you trying to get BPs if you don't want to craft? The devs can't foresee strange decisions like that.

• Like 2

Were you unaware that crafting yellow ships was the only remotely viable way of securing BPs?

Dismantling ships for BPs has been completely obsolete for a month now.

Aye but what im saying is you can no longer get a duplicate BP from crafting aswell as making it impossible to get one from dismantle NPC ships so the only way now is from Player ships if your mad enough to dismantle them.

So getting the same BP twice to 'sell' it require you to Cap a Player ship and hope for the BP upon dismantling 

Edited by Bloody Hound

Worried the change to capping NPC ships will kill new players ability to have a go in different ships. We'l see. Not sure this is the correct way to address the third rate spam problem even though as times gone on the third rate problem is less of a issue as everyone's crafting bigger ships now.

What do you mean? NEw players can have all ships they want up to a Frigate from NPC store. They can cap - bring to Admiralty, get cash - go to store and buy new shiny ship. If they want to get Rates then they have to look for a Shipbuilder, join clan or become a Crafter.

• Like 9

What do you mean? NEw players can have all ships they want up to a Frigate from NPC store. They can cap - bring to Admiralty, get cash - go to store and buy new shiny ship. If they want to get Rates then they have to look for a Shipbuilder, join clan or become a Crafter.

Yes but can we buy some differents quality ships ? The problem of npc shop is : FIR / TEAK with grey MALUS :) 

• Like 2

I mean, a every ship up to "heavy frigates" can be bought from the NPC shop now.

Fair enough. I guess. 

Shame they wont get the feeling we got at the start of. "ooo i captured a shiney mercury look it has blue things and some slots for stuff"

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to the changes very much.

Especially for the more balanced battles option! Great Idea. The main problem with unbalanced battles was that the minority always runs away so that these battles turn soon into boring who's-the-one-we-catch-evenings. This is now likely to be changed! Great.