Game-Labs Forum

National news reforms - Important

admin

And yet it's everyone else that's the troll, the griefer, and the one trying to ruin the game for others. Naturally.

Like I said, folks: the community has brought this on themselves, and here's yet another shining example of how.

Pull your head out of your ass Francis

While I respect your posts usually, I don't appreciate the smug attitude here, we're about to lose something important. For me this subforum is the only link I currently have with the game.

Edited by Blackout
  • Like 1

I agree this has gone too far. Always the same people bombing and trolling. No offense here but I often just can shake my head and bite into my fist not to write something too.

Now as they decided to shut NN down maybe we can really focus on the game. Without anger, hate, exploits, insults etc. We can fight each other but a least all nations should work together to help the devs and other players. And not work against each other and mostly against the devs.

To be honest most bug and exploits were reported in the tribunal section. Rarely via bug report function or in the open world/suggestion area.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

Well then split forum in carebear roleplayers forum where ppl can discuss the painting of the ships and a pvp-forum where ppl can discuss how it burns when we p-v-p.

edit: To all the guys that feel offended by trolls and whatnot, don't play the adult-card, if you where adults you would just overread or ignore those posts, i don't get it how one can be offended by some sentences in a pc-game-forum.

edit2: PotBs turned off forums for similar reasons, that was the final nail in the coffin.

Edited by Otsego
  • Like 2

Pull your head out of your ass Francis

While I respect your posts usually, I don't appreciate the smug attitude here, we're about to lose something important. For me this subforum is the only link I currently have with the game.

I was upset, because this forum has so much great content, but yeah I was probably more condescending than necessary. Fair enough. Believe me, I wasn't gloating; it's a shame that it had to go this way.

Edited by Francis Tabernac
  • Like 1

And yet it's everyone else that's the troll, the griefer, and the one trying to ruin the game for others. Naturally.

Like I said, folks: the community has brought this on themselves, and here's yet another shining example of how.

Because your own attitude help to improve the general ambiance. Right?

The fact the admin's even close that part is literraly them saying: Ok.We can't handle that for now. KK bye.

It's just Ignoring a problem instead of trying to solve it.

It's at the same time Sad, Frustrating, and useless in the end. And it may EVEN create more frustration than before.

Why is there problem? Because exploit are made, because Council are not official and cause group to split-up and  create even more problem.

And let's not even talk about the Nationalist insult.

I have my default, but at least I don't just shut my mouth when there is a problem. When someone bully, I act, when someone need help. I come. (so let's say your attacked ingame. If I'm close, I'll try my best to join you and help you escape the battle. See what I mean?)

I am maybe a Troll to you, but don't think for a second I'm THAT kind of Troll.

Edited by KuroNyra

I never found this forum too over the top, but I never took it particularly seriously, either.

Someone made a quip about "RVR" in a different section, saying that if one took the time to browse the NN subforum, they'd be forgiven for thinking RVR mean "retard vs retard"

With apologies for repeating such an offensive term, that is kind of hilarious and on-point with respect to the usual level of discourse here.

National News and the many AARs posted here brought me a great deal of enjoyment, it is an extreme shame to see it go because of a few bad eggs. I hope in the future this forum will be unlocked or reworked so that threads such as the Black Spot bounty hunts, AARs (something I personally spent time on creating), and updates on current campaigns (such as Britain's defense against the Tour de France) will get another chance to flourish again. While I wasn't particularly happy with the forum's tone lately, I didn't think a lock was necessary.

• Like 1

Dont shut it down completly, it was, beside all the problematic threads/posts, a good place to get information about the diplomatic status of clans and nations (since we have nothing ingame at the moment for it). If you do it keep at least the pinned topics active please.

Edited by Lonar
  • Like 1

I would expect it will be even cleaner than it is, with "OMG all the USA went PIRATE!" drama topics and fear-mongering gone.

Otherwise it will be very, very easy to get rid of any unwanted content, without the need to wonder what is the underlying reason for it.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12530-turning-pirate-turns-out-to-a-huge-rvr-advantage/

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12872-what-if-we-all-went-pirate/

yeah.

/sarc

what will happen is that it will require MORE time to moderate ALL the forum for possible toxic threads/posts.

Edited by dumpert

TBH National News is one of reasons why im still in this game. Closing this section is really bad move IMO and takes away a big part of competition aspect of this game. Cmon, we should talk about missions, trade, game mechanics or improvements? Those who wanna do it have other sections of this forum. TBH i think real problem with flame wars, trolling, angry posts etc. will come when all those angry posts will flow all over forum. Now  u have it in one place at last.

Well then split forum in carebear roleplayers forum where ppl can discuss the painting of the ships and a pvp-forum where ppl can discuss how it burns when we p-v-p.

edit: To all the guys that feel offended by trolls and whatnot, don't play the adult-card, if you where adults you would just overread or ignore those posts, i don't get it how one can be offended by some sentences in a pc-game-forum.

edit2: PotBs turned off forums for similar reasons, that was the final nail in the coffin.

It's not possible to ignore it when all the toxic finds its way into the game. All the ganking, trolling and exploiting. It's like getting slapped in the face.

Should i assume "National News" will be moving to Reddit? https://www.reddit.com/r/NavalAction/

I occasionally go to Reddit to remind myself why I hate Reddit. I actually rank Reddit under 4chan. 4chan is merely an uncontrolled cesspool. Reddit is a cesspool combined with enforced groupthink via "community policing", which is mostly just a great demonstration of why pure democracy is a terrible idea.

(My last real experience with Reddit was with ESO. I would post about totally legitimate problems in the game because I knew the devs read it, but the fanboys would downvote any post that wasn't gushing support of ESO. Consequently it was impossible to get visibility for anything that wasn't literally "OMG I LOVE THIS GAEM IT IS SO GRATE.")

It's not possible to ignore it when all the toxic finds its way into the game. All the ganking, trolling and exploiting. It's like getting slapped in the face.

The toxic is always there. The question is what its outlet will be.

Take it out of national news and I guarantee it will end up somewhere else. Some might hope it ends up in Reddit but I predict it will end up in global chat and the other forums here.

This forum acts as more of a release value, in my opinion. Taking it away won't stop the pressure. It will redirect it in unpredictable ways.

So sad on this decisions, i remember the good old days i spent hrs and hrs reading the CAOD eve forums, rise of BoB and fall of it(even participating in the grand battles).

This gives depth to the game, good and bad which is human nature. Without it the game is just "plain", no frosting on the cake.

But my hopes are that it opens again so i have a reason to visit this forums and read peoples threads/posts.

It is a shame that NN closes its doors, imo it was one of the forum sections that i visit weekly to check up on wars and other stuff happening in NA when not able to play

ah well guess a dedicated mod team for one section of the forum is to much to ask ? :)

Hope it works out

odd decision. closing a forums will just move people elsewhere. it doesnt solve the problems, it just attempts to shuffle them off somewhere else i think.

there was a lot of rubbish in here and trolling and abuse but there was also actual useful things. seems pointless to lose them. the good stuff will dissapear, the bad will move elsewhere i think.

You cant stop the internet being the internet by trying to silence it.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 1