Game-Labs Forum

So how long until the pirates take over and what will happen to the game when they do?

Nah DirtyDiggler just switched back to U.S. supposedly to rejoin his clan coming over from PvP2 after he turncoated with STARS/SS/SORRY. All you have to do is trade everything off to an alt account or someone you can trust then delete the character and remake it since xp is tied to the steam account and there is nothing preventing you from remaking characters into nations you've turned pirate from.

The only thing extra you can keep by flipping pirate is blueprints  you've already learned. Not a big deal if that account isn't a crafter one.

I never wanted to go pirate in the first place, but seeing that I was new to PVP1 and the clan that recruited me and helped me when I first came to PVP1 just days before up and went pirate, I decided to tag along. I hate being part of a zerg, and when I found out my PVP2 homies were coming over and going US, I had to return...

• Like 1

Wipe, Nerf, Penalties... These words make a lot of sense now. 

Have a look around this forum. Many mechanics will be changed and diplomacy, war and pirates role are the next the devs will work.

My real concern is this: while the devs have shown they want to work on what the community deems important (and we, in turn, have shown, that addressing diplomacy and piracy are by far the most important) will we have any input on how this will be done? I really don't like making assumptions or false accusations, but given Wind's quote here and the general lack of discussion by the devs, it seams as though these decisions are being made at the administration level with little-to-no communication here (i.e. I haven't seen an admin poll "Types of possible Pirate changes" or some such). The rather heavy implications of "nerfs" and "limitations" without any admin-community interaction is rather unsettling. I have not seen any posts by the devs that clearly state or outline change in mechanics (if there are please direct me to them, I am legitimately curious)

I seriously think we may end up taking a step backwards if things are pre-decided when it comes to the most populated and, in my opinion, most broken faction of the game. At least give us a formal "heads up" instead of hearing it through the grape-vine.

Fair enough. Point still stands what about those that dont read the forums? Most of these threads are beginning to feel like the same people lobbying like american politics. Let the devs work. Its obvious change is inbound and i cant wait because hopefully these forums will calm down and have some genuine useful suggestions on them again.

• Like 2

At this moment, approximately 53.37% of players feel this way. So I'd say it's pretty important

I would like to point out that the option with that percentage of player votes includes far more sweeping changes than just the Pirate role, so it's pretty misleading to say that the current state of piracy is the reason for the votes. Just look at the flamefest in Denmark-Norway and Sweden's threads over in National News for example.

• Like 3

Everyone should be in the Neutral faction unless they have a Letter of Marque from a nation.

Being a pirate would only be specific to that nation (unless allied with a nation that considers you a pirate).

Aren't we all supposed to be privateers anyway?

Joining the navy on a permanent basis would involve grinding nation opinion for that nation.

Just my two cents, unless it's been said before?

Everyone should be in the Neutral faction unless they have a Letter of Marque from a nation.

Being a pirate would only be specific to that nation (unless allied with a nation that considers you a pirate).

Aren't we all supposed to be privateers anyway?

Joining the navy on a permanent basis would involve grinding nation opinion for that nation.

Just my two cents, unless it's been said before?

This would allow you to "join" more then one nation, assuming your crew's loyalty and their missions paying well (which 5k is decent, but a step up would be nice). Change missions to patrol, with the swords being resistance. Not all patrols will provide resistance, and should be near front lines. Maybe make navy rank based off pvp kills and port battle participation? I do like the idea of privateers, although allowing custom pirate flags would be pretty cool as well. Piracy should be an option, not a nationality. I think Everfalling had a great idea, hopefully he piggybacks off this. It had something to do with allowing you to essentially "buy" a nations flag for the purpose of trading. I'd even pay for a dock space assuming you didnt have notoriety at that port for treason

Edited by Anceitus

This would allow you to "join" more then one nation, assuming your crew's loyalty and their missions paying well (which 5k is decent, but a step up would be nice). Change missions to patrol, with the swords being resistance. Not all patrols will provide resistance, and should be near front lines. Maybe make navy rank based off pvp kills and port battle participation? I do like the idea of privateers, although allowing custom pirate flags would be pretty cool as well. Piracy should be an option, not a nationality. I think Everfalling had a great idea, hopefully he piggybacks off this. It had something to do with allowing you to essentially "buy" a nations flag for the purpose of trading. I'd even pay for a dock space assuming you didnt have notoriety at that port for treason

Yes, that would be great - I've not thought of a solution to if those two nations you have a LOM with declare war on each other, though. The navy missions would have to pay substantially more (ofc you wouldn't be able to capture a port if you're a privateer, only navy).

I'd like to see disguised ships as a module - like disguise yourself as english then attack a lone player, raising your custom black flag as you sail in.

The hard bit would be getting back out to safe waters.

I get 60k easily from missions. The only way you're only getting 5k is if someone else solos the mission for you while you afk

I get 60k easily from missions. The only way you're only getting 5k is if someone else solos the mission for you while you afk

uh... no the mission pays 5k, you get the other 55 from action. hence if it was a "patrol" and you found nothing, all you would make is said 5k. Thats why I like the idea of pvp. make the patrol area a red zone where pvp is happening, you go in, hit someone, and get paid a bonus. would promote pvp

• Like 1

Pirates can fight pirates so the good news is that if the map is 100% pirate, you can actually still find plenty of open sea PvP.

Although longer term, pirates will be getting some changes. It was part of the developer focus that got the #1 vote for next thing to work on. No clue what the devs have in mind but the implication is that pirates will stop being a "black flag nation" in the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

This poll is one week old. Do you really expect devs to come up with a complete set of solutions in such a short amount of time? Even if everyone hasn't voted yet and while one can clearly see the winner option, it's all pretty new and still you want it done and ready for yesterday.

Edited by Captain Red

The bigger the pirate faction gets the harder it will be for them to stop division and friction in their own ranks. The fact they can shoot each other should help that along and its only hindered in my opinion by the fact its impossible to spot clan for clan on the open world.

Once clans can be identified in the open world I would imagine some internal strife in the pirate nation would occur.

Another factor is once a nation becomes too big and too dominant it gets boring. Could you imagine having to sail for an hour to find a hostile ship? I am quite sure if the Pirates ever controlled the vast majority of the known world many of the original Pirates would leave and join another faction out of sheer boredom or want of a fresh challenge. This is of course my own thoughts and musings on the matter.

• Like 2

when they add kings and queens and forced alliances and stop the total war going on between the nations then you will see less people enjoying pirates! When the 'legal' nations are at peace for long stretches of time but at war with pirates all the time then thing wont be so easy for pirates, and it might come to that..

Great idea. Wonder how hard it would be to implement.

Well considering potbs did it 10 years ago i would think it would be easy. Then we could have the stupidest game mechanic in 2 games this decade ! Get ready for 40 people all sitting around the edges of red trying to gank anyone forced to move through it or my favorite was 30 guys all zigzaging in and out trying to grief and trick players to set up fkr the gank.

It was the best system ever.

when they add kings and queens and forced alliances and stop the total war going on between the nations then you will see less people enjoying pirates! When the 'legal' nations are at peace for long stretches of time but at war with pirates all the time then thing wont be so easy for pirates, and it might come to that..

I wonder if the forced alliances thing wouldn't actually encourage more people to turn Pirate, just so they can do whatever they want without being "hassled by the man."