Game-Labs Forum

1st Big content patch information.

My favourite "Top Gear" was when James May taught a 75+ yr old Vicar how to drift.

I wish someone would take this old (48) Pastor on a race track in a mucke car and go drifting!

Come over to Czech Republic and it may happen.. :)

• Like 1

I am amazed how rude people can be. Trust me, you don't want rushed out patches.

Setting dates again and not following through? I could have swore I said something about this before...

Just. Don't. Give. Dates.

Setting dates again and not following through? I could have swore I said something about this before...

If people didn't get their panties in a twist about something as inconsequential to them as a game patch being late it wouldn't be an issue. For those of us who know how to behave it's nice having a proposed timeline, and if it isn't met we are not going to get all salty. Being informed and treated like reasonable adults is rare in gaming, the devs here really do try to do this. Sadly quite a few folks fail to reciprocate.

Anyways... hope Mr Admin feels better soon :)

Edited by Ratline
  • Like 6

Software development and dates just don't mix. Real life happens, software tests fail, and developers are always, always, optimistic when thinking about timelines. Taking nothing away from what these guys are doing ( and have done so far) but take their expectation and double it.

Please don't get your knickers in a twist over a perceived delay in delivering a patch. Suck it up.

Software development and dates just don't mix. Real life happens, software tests fail, and developers are always, always, optimistic when thinking about timelines. Taking nothing away from what these guys are doing ( and have done so far) but take their expectation and double it.

Please don't get your knickers in a twist over a perceived delay in delivering a patch. Suck it up.

People keep confusing me giving them advice with me being upset that they didn't release the patch.

I haven't played but maybe 2 hours total in the past 5 days. Them releasing the patch does little for me at the current time.

Though, them avoiding flak and public outcry again for setting a date and failing to meet that date is bad. I'm just letting them know to never give a date for release of a patch again to avoid things like that.

i see a lot of people wondering when this patch is coming.  i'm excited for the new changes.   i'm guessing no one still has any idea when this is coming. I know they said 2 weeks 2 weeks ago.  anyone think it could happen by the weekend?  or is it going to take afew more weeks?  wish I could get a hint from the dev team on this one.

i see a lot of people wondering when this patch is coming.  i'm excited for the new changes.   i'm guessing no one still has any idea when this is coming. I know they said 2 weeks 2 weeks ago.  anyone think it could happen by the weekend?  or is it going to take afew more weeks?  wish I could get a hint from the dev team on this one.

the last patch is the Port battle in october 2015 6 month, six fucking month

Edited by cpt Terenor

the last patch is the Port battle in october 2015 6 month, six fucking month

Let me bring up another indie game, Minecraft, last patch(lets ignore snap shots now), more than a year ago...

also remember some things:

1. we had the early access release which took dev time as lots of bugs and exploits were found

2. recently admin had the flu

3. they have been working on something else as their main focus(in their land in battles thread they said if i remember correclty 90% of the dev time wen to that)

We have to remember that this is a small dev team working on what is undeniably a large product.

• Like 2

I'll wait a little longer with knowledge it will be good or get a patch every so often pushed out which could be crape, i am not going to name te companie(s). Cough cough Wargaming cough.

I know my choise which is not the last one

• Like 1

Will we be able to crew broadsides independently or will it be a balanced distribution allways?

I really hope that we can crew specific broadsides as you say, and even specific decks. If I start losing crew (or if I'm short on crew to start with) I certainly want to focus on using my biggest and strongest guns instead of wasting crew on loading the small guns on the weather deck.

Speaking of different decks I also hope that we'll soon be able to load different shot into different decks, so that I for example can change to grape or chain on the top deck and keep ball in the gun deck.

Edited by Inkompetent
  • Like 2

I agree that they should take their time! escpecially with a sick admin. But I was wondering, is there any news on the trader ships and what trader ships will be released? and will they be released this update or on a random update in the future? :)

I agree that they should take their time! escpecially with a sick admin. But I was wondering, is there any news on the trader ships and what trader ships will be released? and will they be released this update or on a random update in the future? :)

all we know is the amsterdam, which won 2015 poll and the grosseventre which was featured on a teaser of night battles.

I can not believe the post here, REALLY guys!!!!!!!!

They tried to give a bit of a timeline, GOOD ON YA DEVS.

But RL happens, ADMIN is not well (Hope you are better soon).

But the "to and fro" is really becoming quite comical!!!!!

What do you expect from the ADD , self entitled, instant gratification, im a special snowflake modern generation of gamers.

Im to the point i cant even read the forums anymore because of all the just me just me just me crowd.

• Like 7

I really hope that we can crew specific broadsides as you say, and even specific decks. If I start losing crew (or if I'm short on crew to start with) I certainly want to focus on using my biggest and strongest guns instead of wasting crew on loading the small guns on the weather deck.

Speaking of different decks I also hope that we'll soon be able to load different shot into different decks, so that I for example can change to grape or chain on the top deck and keep ball in the gun deck.

Not a clue on the different shot type, though it would be very useful, but as for the focusing on a specific deck, that's pretty much already in. At present of course you can hit f1 to f4 to select or deselect gun decks, but with the more dynamic crew management, guns not in use should, in theory, not need crew. I have no guarantee that this is true of course, but it at least lends hope to all the post captains on constitutions out there right now. 

• Like 1