Game-Labs Forum

1st Big content patch information.

Has anyone got any intel on when this is gonna be released?

Soon maybe this week

If nothing has changed and things are going to plan then its expected end of the week, beginning of next. The devs haven't said how things are going which is fair enough as this kind of thing is unpredictable. I'm sure they are working very hard for it and it will come sooner than you imagine.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

im sick of this. like in trial. month after month we get some hp to rudder, take some HP from rudder. month after month we get cooldown repairs, we loose cooldown repairs. The real battle part of this game is really good, and no need changes, but as all other part (crafting, lookout, mission variability, etc) are frugal and boring, u should hardly work on them. Appart from that we had a clear vote that we dont want repairs, u implement it again. First of all make new variable type of missions and lookout! After new craft system with production buildings, new crew management, take some land in some (not all) PB-s, but forget these useless repair changes. Make changes fast, as time killing, boring repetitive missions wont keep playerz in for a long time. Its an early acces as i know, and we playing with a full grey interface. Joke. The battle and repair system is good as it is now, or should be better if there is no repair at all just emergency modul repair!  U go forward 3 steps, after get back 2. fine work. One of the most immportant fun factor is in the game the reality factor! i can imagine when 2 ships in a bloody duel, they shoot shitload to each other and the crew hanging on the masts to repair them.... Lol.

Gankers wanted no repairs... You can imagine how ridiculous the situation from another point of view "We are sinking captain!!!!!", "I don't give a shit about sinking, all i want is to keep those guns firing, don't repair! Reload!"...

And yes, there were repairs in battle, as battles lasted for hours, you had to repair the most urgent damage. POTBS was better for this, allowing for more tactical gameplay, where badly damaged ships would retire from battle line to repair before they could return to battle.

In fact, the game was way more interesting from a tactical point of view before the wacky patch. Right now, the lack of repair increase the importance of numerical advantage. Gankers paradise.

There is a lot of mechanic that is not realistic.

If you demast a ship and shoot for 2 minutes something else, the demast ship can just leave the battle and is save!!!

How is that realistic? You can be 20 m away and it still can leave and is save if you dont shoot it all the time.

For Repairs, i guess its ok to do "urgent" repairs also during battle, but it should not be ok, to do major repairs under attack.

There is a lot of mechanic that is not realistic.

If you demast a ship and shoot for 2 minutes something else, the demast ship can just leave the battle and is save!!!

How is that realistic? You can be 20 m away and it still can leave and is save if you dont shoot it all the time.

For Repairs, i guess its ok to do "urgent" repairs also during battle, but it should not be ok, to do major repairs under attack.

Did you read the Op, that is essentially what they are saying they will implement... You have to be out of battle to repair in thus coming patch.

Of course they tried to repair what they could in battle, I agree probably not a fallen mast, certainly they would have tried to repair the sails and plug the holes!!!

I like the previously-mentioned idea of jury rigging a mast,*if* this change absolutely has to be implemented at all.

It just makes no sense that you would be able to restore a mast to manufacturer specifications when you are out in the middle of the ocean.

But again, I think sail repairing is too generous as it is.

To be able to repair a ship's sails by 20-25% in a matter of minutes means you'd have every crew member somehow climbing up a sail while it is unfurled and moving around, sewing up a hole every second, while being shot at. That's pretty damned impressive, but apparently we need repairs to be even better,lol.

Might as well make it so sails and masts can't be damaged at all. But then people would spend more time shooting at hulls so we'd have to buff those as well. Then we'd realize that the crew were still vulnerable to grapeshot so we need surgeons/necromancers to bring dead crew back to life. And then the game is broken and the developers have to remove all of those features from the game again.

Then 3 months later someone will say we need better repairs again. Rinse, repeat.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 2

To be able to repair a ship's sails by 20-25% in a matter of minutes means you'd have every crew member somehow climbing up a sail while it is unfurled and moving around, sewing up a hole every second, while being shot at. That's pretty damned impressive, but apparently we need repairs to be even better,lol.

That's not how it works.

You just send the damaged sail on deck and replace it with one of several spares. Not exactly a difficult operation by the standards of the day, albeit a nightmarish ordeal of chaotic ropes to most modern sailors.

• Like 2

Glad to see theses changes coming out soon.

I really hope we will have demasting from raking, and also more difference beetween speed frigates and sol.

Right now in PB frigates are just here to finish the wounded targets (when they arrive to follow them / sol are so fast), hope they will get a more important role to play with skirmish and blizt attack.

Edited by verseaux

Did you read the Op, that is essentially what they are saying they will implement... You have to be out of battle to repair in thus coming patch.

Of course they tried to repair what they could in battle, I agree probably not a fallen mast, certainly they would have tried to repair the sails and plug the holes!!!

did you read his? He said people are clicking out with demasted ships from battles just because no one fired on them for a mere two minutes.

Any rough eta on when this patch is likely to hit? I'd be ok with speculation even. :)

Honestly really super excited about the crew changes. I'm about to get myself a Surprise, and even though I'll be slightly under crewed, the new changes I'm hoping will make it less painful lol

Btw, are there any plans to add a sound track or music track to the game at some point? Just curious is all. :)

Thanks again for this awesome game! =D

Lets hope 1 Of them doesn't quit the job then delays for months

it is a small team, idk how many programmers there are but lets say there are 4, if you loose 25% of your workforce of course you should expect significant delays, someone is just ill for a bit, if someone quits, yes there will be delays, but what would you rather, a good game that has some delays, or a shit one that is rushed?

• Like 1

Who says it has to be a shit 1 ?

Cut the patch up. Do 1 This week then another next week

well the patch might allready be cut up... the 2 main things are going to be crew changes and production buildings, and production buildings might allready not come in this patch...

Thx for new patch. It wont be bad, but it has bad changes as many as good i think. I write down what i change if i were u.
1. You shouldnt let players capture AI ship over Belle Paul.
This game best part is PVP, and i liked the frigate fights most, from Cerberus to Belle Paul. i think most player does it too, while everybody want to get large rate ships aswell. Its so stupid thing, that u worked out these 5 th rate ships very well, but players can easily capture AI Constitusions and 3rd rates. It has no meaning to play with these ships after leveling. Port battles after a short early acses are filled with 3rd, nothing else, while it should be mostly 5th rate fight with some (not much) stronger ship atm. Im a master boarder, now my fleet looks like 5-10 capped Consti, 5-10 capped 3rd rate, depending how many i sell for money. Big rate fights just lost unique status, as they should be. Its easy for me to play, but not challenging with this fleet, and not that enjoyable as 5th rate fights. i dont have the goal to craft 3rd, or fight with frigates asweell. U should give us back these goals simultaneusly, but u can do it if u dont let capture ai ships over 5th rate. like if we cap it, admiralty should get them automatically for the money they should be sold at NPC traders. Those ships can be captured make meaningless to craft lower ships with exceptional quality aswell.
2. Every gun type is too accurate.
At the moment with good sail positioning and aiming my all long cannon shoot land on enemy, thats not realistic. Long cannons should spread thier salvo like carronedes does, and carronades should spread more aswell. if u want to elong battle times (to streghten side armor will do that) u should increase shoot spreading, not increase side armour. Btw i dunno why u wanna weaken nose armor, as i read captains tank with nose forward mostly in that time.
3. Frugal interface lookout in early acces. Why u dont ask players to make interface ideas?
4. Linear leveling. We can only level by same type missions. U should make shitload type of missions. like delivery missions (take a family, chestbox, etc... from x to y), spying missions (like u seems as an enemy nation captain till u go in thier capital/regional capital city, after u in the city u get back ur real nationality, and u have to escape out), pvp missions (u should use ur players imaginaton again).
5. Still low xp on PVP. Solo PVE play should be only an alternative way to level, main way should be PVP to make the servers really busy.
Sorry guyz to say, but i have a feeling. Imo leader developer just felt love in ur game real battle part. that side of the game is the most enjoyable, and it was good some month ago aswell. U just recalibrate side, rudder etc armour month after month, and u dont take care of the real problems. i dont want to hurt u, i want this game succesfull, as its a real gemstone.

6. I have one last idea. If u make all these changes u give more way to level up, give 2 new long goals for hardcore and not hardcore playerz and a ballance between nations. The high end content shuld be the National Home Fleet battles. Time to time they should be made on event rooster. From all port all ships can be deploy in, but the most BR can get in with the sort of the flag carrier (Home Fleet Attack Starter). Nations should start again another nation like 1 per every 2nd day for 3-400 K gold cost and for getting an enemy port they wanted. If the home fleet wins, the port automatically surrenders and will be captured by the attacker Nation.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Added extra contents from subsequent duplicate post.
  • Like 1

I like the previously-mentioned idea of jury rigging a mast,*if* this change absolutely has to be implemented at all.

It just makes no sense that you would be able to restore a mast to manufacturer specifications when you are out in the middle of the ocean.

the belle poule has like...4 masts in its hold  lol.

My idea:

Just make it like befor, with out any repairs or if you gona stay in survival mode like 10 min and you get 5% repair hull and 15% sails.

But the main problem for now its just "Battle timer" The main problem becouse in pvp when someone not gona hit in 2 min then he can leav battle, and when he its gona leav battle i dont have any kills or any assist. Just deleat Battle timer and add like if you are 1000m away from the nearlest enemy you can leav.

http://imgur.com/8No6a6b

I got for this battle 500xp realy? 2vs7?

I was gank 1vs7 against espaniol, one brits join and nornica but PioGaming leav battle after 7 min. And we have batt;e 2vs7. Trinco + surprise vs surprise+frigate+snow+frigate+surprise + renome and i think last one mercury. They are all dead becouse they have no repairs and 1 hull  at all destoryed. Why i have only 1 kill and nornica only 1 assist? becouse i can not to focouse sinking player becouse i dont want waste of my bullet to dead man. And i need to make tactic moves not to go back becouse someone magic can leav battle. STUPID. I say it now like 100 times just do it. 

• Like 2

The problem is while in theory, damage is what gets the rewards, the game has moved away from this.

Massive bonuses for "assist", "kill" and "mission completed" make it look like fighting is profitable, but it really isn't.

This creates the current scenario where an intense PVP battle with many ships limping out on their last leg is rewarded very poorly because no exp was given out for assist and kills, just damage. Also, losing a PVP fight of course rewards very poorly because of this.

This definitely needs to be addressed, if the goal of this game being primarily being PVP is to be met. Unless of course grinding money to  pay for resources to build ships to use in PVP is considered PVP.

right now, this game is even on the PVP server 99% PVE because of, well, the POTBS situation

• Like 1

The problem is while in theory, damage is what gets the rewards, the game has moved away from this.

Massive bonuses for "assist", "kill" and "mission completed" make it look like fighting is profitable, but it really isn't.

This creates the current scenario where an intense PVP battle with many ships limping out on their last leg is rewarded very poorly because no exp was given out for assist and kills, just damage. Also, losing a PVP fight of course rewards very poorly because of this.

This definitely needs to be addressed, if the goal of this game being primarily being PVP is to be met. Unless of course grinding money to  pay for resources to build ships to use in PVP is considered PVP.

right now, this game is even on the PVP server 99% PVE because of, well, the POTBS situation

The POTBS situation?