Game-Labs Forum

1st Big content patch information.

The current ETA is Thursday/Friday

If the ETA is Thursday/Friday can you make a new post with all the details of this upcoming patch as to read through 23 pages of the same questions to find one answer is kind of bad.

Also in the Server Maintenance thread you stated that the Maintenance time was being moved in the big patch is this still ago ahead at all? Please say it is as more aussies will be annoyed if we have to wait even longer for this to be moved out of our prim

Edited by Jager
  • Like 4

If the ETA is Thursday/Friday can you make a new post with all the details of this upcoming patch as to read through 23 pages of the same questions to find one answer is kind of bad.

Also in the Server Maintenance thread you stated that the Maintenance time was being moved in the big patch is this still ago ahead at all? Please say it is as more aussies will be annoyed if we have to wait even longer for this to be moved out of our prim

I am ok with the delayed patch timeline, these things happen, but devs do owe us a fairly detailed, consolidated patch note listing as soon as they can.  So that players at least know how to allocate their time in the next days

Reason being, they have alluded to some significant systems changes  - and right now I don't feel like playing until I understand what is changing (and what activities I currently do that are less productive in the context of the upcoming patch).  

Example - crafting system changes and BP drops.  There have been some vague explanations that it is changing, but no details.  So should I just not be crafting high level ships while I wait for an overdue patch?  

This would be less of a problem if patch was on time, but the more it is delayed, the more we need some kind of heads up of what we should be expecting

I am ok with the delayed patch timeline, these things happen, but devs do owe us a fairly detailed, consolidated patch note listing as soon as they can.  So that players at least know how to allocate their time in the next days

Reason being, they have alluded to some significant systems changes  - and right now I don't feel like playing until I understand what is changing (and what activities I currently do that are less productive in the context of the upcoming patch).  

Example - crafting system changes and BP drops.  There have been some vague explanations that it is changing, but no details.  So should I just not be crafting high level ships while I wait for an overdue patch?  

This would be less of a problem if patch was on time, but the more it is delayed, the more we need some kind of heads up of what we should be expecting

oh i don't mind if its delayed or not, the thing is i had no idea that it was ETA'ed for this Thursday/Friday if a clan member didn't link page 20/21 for me where Ink stated it. I don't want to read though god knows how many pages of comments just to find one little bit of important information like this. If the ETA is for a set date this week, then the devs really need to create a new post about it or at least update the orginal topic with the same answers they put in the comments as it would help a shit ton of people who like myself don't want to go though 23 pages of comments.

I concur. The original post from Admin stated that some parts of the patch were still in development and may not come with this patch, but spoke that they would come in future patches.

At this point when my friends ask what is coming in the patch, all I could confidently say is crew changes, after that I find myself constantly say "and this is probably coming, but I'm not sure...oh and that was said, but I'm also not sure" and "Blueprint changes I think, the devs said they are coming, but I don't know if it's this patch or the next."

A clear post would do away with all the rumors and inform us of clear changes coming. That being said, I love that the developers have been extremely considerate of our feedback and take into account what we suggest and ask to be changed or added into the game.

• Like 1

stern tanking?

wut?

If you use your stern to tank damage against me you will be left with 20% crew. Also you will have lost like 20% guns or more.

3rd rates which I use to grind XP from time to time are reduced to 200crew and often only show 30 or lesser ports loaded.

And in PvP.. It depends n the situation. Did I load grape. then I shoot. If I am still on ball I decide from case to case.

Bow tanking is good to be adressed. Its way to easy to absorb dmge whilst in reality a bow rake was nearly as dangerous than a sternrake. Once penetrated the shot flies through the whole deck.

• Like 2

Original post said "tentative" on production buildings. Any word on if they're actually going to be in or not? (Guessing not?)

Mining and growing buildings has been tested and will be impelemented in the patch

Also in the Server Maintenance thread you stated that the Maintenance time was being moved in the big patch is this still ago ahead at all?

The answer about this issue will be provided tomorrow

• Like 9

Why is the tanking with the bow being nerfed? Stern tanking is the only thing that needed to be addressed...

Because the bow is actually not the strongest part of a ship. Not even close to that.

Tip: One of the great things about games based on historical assets or periods is the need to maybe research a bit and learn a lot. Their educative part cannot be underestimated. Being a planes guy, prophead, now find myself more and more into naval history as well. Thanks to NA and their distance from fantasy and more close to what we can learn from the library.

• Like 2

Devs posting things are kind of hit and miss. So, it is best to simply follow the posts of all the staff members that you know about by following their account posts like a twitter feed. Forget the forum and just read their posts.

• Like 1

Devs posting things are kind of hit and miss. So, it is best to simply follow the posts of all the staff members that you know about by following their account posts like a twitter feed. Forget the forum and just read their posts.

yea this is what i have been doing to keep informed....

This patch is really nice for the BATTLE segment of the game....but i fear, after a week all known the new crew management use it in BATTLE, and then ??? the game going toward boring again...

i HOPE the devs focus NEXT to another segments, production buildings, rework port battle, ADD more type of missions, more ,unique ships .