Game-Labs Forum
admin

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

Damn. Would have liked to test this one but did not get in. In time. Very nice looking ship. Very curious about how this sails. Must be completely and utterly different to the square riggers. 

Does it allow either square or triangular rigs to be deployed? Like the one in patick o'briens series.

6 hours ago, Destraex said:

Damn. Would have liked to test this one but did not get in. In time. Very nice looking ship. Very curious about how this sails. Must be completely and utterly different to the square riggers. 

Does it allow either square or triangular rigs to be deployed? Like the one in patick o'briens series.

That was modeled after El Gamo which was a hybrid rig. So some of the larger xebec-frigate could interchange rigs or have elements of both.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_frigate_El_Gamo

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Barberouge said:

Actually it was built by Majorcan builders for the French with Spanish permission, to fight against the British, Sardinian and Genoese corsairs.

Was it a French designer though?

By the way thats how broken "elite pirate rig refit" for the xebec is. And she is not fir/fir.

20180622211541_1.jpg.8a51500031a422e847b997f3d614d28e.jpg

Edited by z4ys

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

By the way thats how broken "elite pirate rig refit" for the xebec is

20180622211541_1.jpg.8a51500031a422e847b997f3d614d28e.jpg

Elite pirate is wasted on it as it can reach cap with pirate refit. I want to test how if LO/WO one can reach speed cap.

5 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Elite pirate is wasted on it as it can reach cap with pirate refit. I want to test how if LO/WO one can reach speed cap.

😉 you dont need to test. And what bothers me more than the speed cap is that i am at 85% sail but still doing 15.4

Edited by z4ys

On 6/21/2018 at 10:00 PM, z4ys said:

@admin the xebec battle sails are freaking awesome. Video will follow

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeRuyter said:

Was it a French designer though?

No, the Majorcans established their templates. Boudriot gives this list: 1 master builder and sailmaker, 2 builders, 3 carpenters.

• Like 1