Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

What needs to be fixed too is the new player protection in "green zones". Today, the protection in zero. A new player attacked by three xebecs, as I saw this yesterday, will get helped by IA Mercuries and brigs. LOL. Rest in peace. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

First fight I had against the Xebec was against Licinio. Ended in a draw. Xebec versus Hercules. Was truly epic, given my average at best performance in NA in general.

But... invading the OW battles in zone makes the xebec be the "rage ship of the month" when any other ship can do the same. I suggested changes regarding this.

I remember. Almost up to timer end.

Now I am better with Requin. 😀

And I gear mine better.

Honestly a well geared Requin is an Hercules killer... Not forgetting Hercules kills almost anything with ease 1v1... But people complains only about Requin 😣

21 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

What needs to be fixed too is the new player protection in "green zones". Today, the protection in zero. A new player attacked by three xebecs, as I saw this yesterday, will get helped by IA Mercuries and brigs. LOL. Rest in peace. 

I (and a lot of Requin users) repeat that moving her to 5th would solve a good share of issues.

Also AI reinforcement one.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
Typo

hard data (last 90 days)

Selections 
Yellow - 5th rates
Orange - 6th rates

Definitions

• Death ratio:Total deaths/Number of battles (all battles) 
    • shows the pvp survivability of the vessel out of all battle cases - in what % of battles ship sinks or gets captured
    • interesting tidbit - Rookie brig dies only in 30% of battles
  • PVP ratio: PvP kills/Number of battles
    • show in what % of battles ship gets the pvp kill
    • shows the general preference of the ship for pvp action by pvp players
    • (keep in mind that this number is higher for vessels introduced recently - if this remains high over time the ship could be considered stronger than expected)
  • PVP K/D : PVP Kills/PVP Deaths
    • Shows the the ability to generate pvp kills in battles (more kills than deaths)
    • Should be considered together with general survivability. 
    • Keep in mind that newer vessels can have higher K/Ds due to the fact that they new AND often used by fans of the project (who are also often very experienced)

PAn2GBO.png

in general - lets say in another 2 months the data will stabilize. 
if survivability of imported ships goes up but k/d and pvp ratio stays the same - they are indeed OP
We expect that their survivability will stay the same but their KD and pvp ratios will go down, as players will kill more and more of them.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, admin said:

hard data (last 90 days)

Selections 
Yellow - 5th rates
Orange - 6th rates

Definitions

• Death ratio:Total deaths/Number of battles (all battles) 
    • shows the pvp survivability of the vessel out of all battle cases - in what % of battles ship sinks or gets captured
    • interesting tidbit - Rookie brig dies only in 30% of battles
  • PVP ratio: PvP kills/Number of battles
    • show in what % of battles ship gets the pvp kill
    • shows the general preference of the ship for pvp action by pvp players
    • (keep in mind that this number is higher for vessels introduced recently - if this remains high over time the ship could be considered stronger than expected)
  • PVP K/D : PVP Kills/PVP Deaths
    • Shows the the ability to generate pvp kills in battles (more kills than deaths)
    • Should be considered together with general survivability. 
    • Keep in mind that newer vessels can have higher K/Ds due to the fact that they new AND often used by fans of the project (who are also often very experienced)

PAn2GBO.png

in general - lets say in another 2 months the data will stabilize. 
if survivability of imported ships goes up but k/d and pvp ratio stays the same - they are indeed OP
We expect that their survivability will stay the same but their KD and pvp ratios will go down, as players will kill more and more of them.

So based on this data Herc is good while requin need alittle balancing and bug fixing

Whats the difrence between Hermione and Lhermione?

13 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

So, with these % arent we seeing an overall better performance of requin in battles?

Overall better compared to other 5th rates? LGV refit has a bit lower KD but survives in 1.7X more battles. (requin has less data points thus number is not stabilized).
Overall better compared to other 6th rates? lets say Prince? Well yes better by 10%-20%? Maybe prince should be buffed a bit? And couple of 6th rates too.  But this also can be also explained by the fact that prince needs to be crafted and less players use it. 

Current data shows that imported ships are very good but not 5x better as some players say they are. And there are better vessels or similar vessels in terms of performance. 
Keep in mind that new ships have less data points - so the real average could be seen in another 30 days probably. (Averages might go up over time as well confirming player theory or go down denying it completely). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, qw569 said:

@admin

I do not see cerberus, snow, mercury and brigs? Are they so ugly that no one wants to sail on them?

How many players have Hermions?

there are exactly 19 ships worse than Hercules in terms of survivability
UBVz83t.png

cerberus
brig
navybrig
definitely needs buffs

snow is a great example of perception versus data. Lots of players consider snow a great pvp ship. (but its only great for those who use it properly). Overall data says something else.

ps. Rookie snow has pvp kills!

im not sure if it can be gained from that data or it even exists .. that shows how many battles the  le requin is in where there has been no kills ..my problem with it isnt when it fights,,, its the number of battles you enter where the le requin captian suddenly doesnt like the odds and just sails off .. you sail the Le requin you have control of  the fight ,,its up to the le requin captian whether to fight or not .. in all other ships inc the herc you dont always get that choice

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

im not sure if it can be gained from that data or it even exists .. that shows how many battles the  le requin is in where there has been no kills ..my problem with it isnt when it fights,,, its the number of battles you enter where the le requin captian suddenly doesnt like the odds and just sails off .. you sail the Le requin you have control of  the fight ,,its up to the le requin captian whether to fight or not .. in all other ships inc the herc you dont always get that choice

Survivability would be a lot higher if it was as easy as you describe. 

Le Requin is ugly, doesn't belong to the game's time and you can do nothing if its captain wants to leave the battle.

They can play a game where if they see a chance to win they bet and if they don't, they just go upwind and game over.

On top of that, they can have another Le Requin without carrying goods, wasting time in open world and wasting crafting hours, so they lose nothing.

It's the most annoying ship and it's perfect for trolling.

Fix it before it's too late for gods sake!!!

• Like 4

Like all data it can be used to show whatever you like. With showing percentages it fails to show how many battles the ships were actually involved in and it does not show how many of the battles were against superior opposition. In the Le Requin I am willing to attempt to take on far larger targets than my BR would normally dictate, so the chances of getting it wrong sometimes are higher and I may be sunk. If a new ship was introduced today and had only been involved in 1 battle and won how would that show up as percentages? You say the Rookie Brig has some good percentages, but how many people actually have used it in a PvP battle.

The simple fact that the Le Requin and Herc are the go to ships for majority of people raiding green zones shows that they are OP. Many players who very seldom went solo hunting in other nations green zones now feel confident enough to do so in these ships. I know because I am one of them. It may be a good thing in some ways that they have generated more PvP but the bad thing is that it is only really generating it in the green zones which is killing off new players. Bring back proper safe zones and majority of the issues with the DLC ships will disappear.

Edit: Maybe they can show us the figures behind these percentages as they would probably reveal some interesting facts as well.

Edited by Archaos
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

i dont believe it can .. from my experience a le requin even at 60% sail still faster than most ships close hauled ... you take 40% sail off any other ship and any speed advantage is gone

i shot a snow to 50% sails it was still faster than my rattle with 100% :( sails upwind couldnt catch him pls nerf

• Like 2

(insert whatever ship you dislike) are ugly and there was never more than 1 during the game's time and captain can leave battle when he wants with speed builds.

On top of that suddenly economy and crafting are important (?), so make them appropriate and make 100x more resources needed let alone victualling one everytime the Admiralty ordered it to sail out.

3 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

Le Requin is ugly, doesn't belong to the game's time and you can do nothing if its captain wants to leave the battle.

They can play a game where if they see a chance to win they bet and if they don't, they just go upwind and game over.

On top of that, they can have another Le Requin without carrying goods, wasting time in open world and wasting crafting hours, so they lose nothing.

It's the most annoying ship and it's perfect for trolling.

Fix it before it's too late for gods sake!!!

How dare you. Le Sexy is beautiful!!!

So now faced with hard stats all you have is ' she is ugly !!!! and does not belong here. I would cover her delicate ears if she had some!!

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Survivability would be a lot higher if it was as easy as you describe. 

im basing my evidence on battles at KPR to be fair ... so im talking about more experienced captians ,, , the safe zone isnt a factor anymore to those that come sailing a le req .. they know if they get into trouble they can just sail away .. spend too may hours  answering calls for help from a trader or noob who doesnt know how to counter the le req . only to watch the le req just sail away ... its frustrating and boring ..please dont answer with just sail a le req yourself ..the game has some beautiful ships ,, and i dont want to play where im limited to one ship because it is so op

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, z4ys said:

what we see is that all meta ships have almost same pvp K/D ratio

Some whiners will repeat Requin has a better KD ratio... Forgetting two factors.

She dies less having a profile opposite to others square rigged. So escaping more often.

And the KD doesnt take into account what got killed and thus how many marks the metaship gets.

I'd bet that adding that to datas (so making a "PVPmarks farmed per death") will put other ships ahead of Requin.

8 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

On top of that suddenly economy and crafting are important (?)

I've always stood for the importance of econ and crafting... it should drive rvr and pvp not the other way around.

a troll who has no incentive to save his ship b/c it will respawn every day does not feel anything when it is lost. likewise, it shows how little he cares about the ship proving the data ineffective... who cares if it gets sunk.

most important is shallow water PB's are as bad as the days with full aggy 4th rate PB. except worse b/c those who dont buy the dlc cannot participate.

Edited by pit
  • Like 3