Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

3 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

The first being Great Britain and the United States return to a state of neutrality. Not war mind you but an end to the alliance between the two largest factions on the server.

With all due respect, how does neutrality help a PvP server?  Neutrality is no better than alliances.  There is a PvE server which is perfectly suited to people who want to stay neutral and risk nothing.  I think it's time for some people on PvP2 to consider transferring there.

To everyone, the fun in this game comes from "risk".  In war, you risk your regions and you risk your ships.  Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but without this vital element, you have a stagnant server.  I understand the reluctance to risk what you have spent hours accumulating but in the end it's just pixels and the pleasure comes from using them.  Remember we all lose if people choose to do nothing but stay neutral or allied and in case you have not been listening, your traditional enemy is fed up with the status quo and no longer interested in playing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neverdead Ned said:

With all due respect, how does neutrality help a PvP server?  Neutrality is no better than alliances.  There is a PvE server which is perfectly suited to people who want to stay neutral and risk nothing.  I think it's time for some people on PvP2 to consider transferring there.

In the game, neutrality does not mean absent or protected like Switzerland is in reality. US and GB players can attack one another much like currently Dutch players can and have (under friendly conditions) have attacked one another. It is if anything a step as well. If you want anything to change and maintain that change you cannot go from one end of a spectrum to the other in a single day. Abrupt change when dealing with people tends to get you more sticks than carrots.

3 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

In the game, neutrality does not mean absent or protected like Switzerland is in reality. US and GB players can attack one another much like currently Dutch players can and have (under friendly conditions) have attacked one another. It is if anything a step as well. If you want anything to change and maintain that change you cannot go from one end of a spectrum to the other in a single day. Abrupt change when dealing with people tends to get you more sticks than carrots.

Why do we have to be so careful. This is a game, not real life. We're not here negotiating peace in the middle east!!! I get why they created the alliance ( team up to deal with the pirates). The pirates are gone! 12 of them in a port battle with 2 or 3 dual boxing isn't a nation, just a bunch of guys. Or are you guys afraid of 12 guys?!!!

Declare war on each other, take ports from one another and hopefully create enough excitement in the server that population might pick up (for all nations)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Why do we have to be so careful. This is a game, not real life. We're not here negotiating peace in the middle east!!! I get why they created the alliance ( team up to deal with the pirates). The pirates are gone! 12 of them in a port battle with 2 or 3 dual boxing isn't a nation, just a bunch of guys. Or are you guys afraid of 12 guys?!!!

Declare war on each other, take ports from one another and hopefully create enough excitement in the server that population might pick up (for all nations)

lol They way the US Talk about me i was all 12

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

It wasn't only 12 and the voices specifically said on the video that no one should be duel-boxing as it was not needed. Only 1 person admitted to duel-boxing, who said they wouldn't bother doing so any more (former US sailing mate, if I recognize his voice properly). So it is not 12 that anyone fears. It is not any number that is feared, for fear is not the correct word. It is trepidation that we have against 25+ long-time veterans sailing in ships that somehow take massively less damage against 25 that half are newbs. It is also the trepidation of sailing around seeing large rat gankfleets of rats picking on nationals and we other nationals not being able to help.
Declaring war on each other leaves the door wide open for the pirates to do as they please, as shown in the Antilles. As PolishMartyr mentioned, all out war is not the next needed step after breaking an alliance because pirates begged and cried for it. It has already caused a bit of strife now that trader ships are being ganked by former allies. However that is our agreement for such things to not be off limits. The nationals alliances and how they handle themselves in their truces and/or friendships is, in one pirate's words "none of your [or any rats] business." If you want nationals to go to war, then leave the bastardly rats, join a nation, and use your votes for war. Better yet, join one of the small nations who need help. Or i suppose another option is to possibly face another triliance in the future and quit playing again.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

It wasn't only 12 and the voices specifically said on the video that no one should be duel-boxing as it was not needed. Only 1 person admitted to duel-boxing, who said they wouldn't bother doing so any more (former US sailing mate, if I recognize his voice properly). So it is not 12 that anyone fears. It is not any number that is feared, for fear is not the correct word. It is trepidation that we have against 25+ long-time veterans sailing in ships that somehow take massively less damage against 25 that half are newbs. It is also the trepidation of sailing around seeing large rat gankfleets of rats picking on nationals and we other nationals not being able to help.
Declaring war on each other leaves the door wide open for the pirates to do as they please, as shown in the Antilles. As PolishMartyr mentioned, all out war is not the next needed step after breaking an alliance because pirates begged and cried for it. It has already caused a bit of strife now that trader ships are being ganked by former allies. However that is our agreement for such things to not be off limits. The nationals alliances and how they handle themselves in their truces and/or friendships is, in one pirate's words "none of your [or any rats] business." If you want nationals to go to war, then leave the bastardly rats, join a nation, and use your votes for war. Better yet, join one of the small nations who need help. Or i suppose another option is to possibly face another triliance in the future and quit playing again.

You my friend will always leave in fear because 4 years from now, if this game is either released or still exists by then, you will still be wondering when the pirates will come back and kill everything! Have fun with your lifeless server and your friendly arranged pvp fights. As for me, I'm taking a break or gone following in the footsteps of 90% of my clan.

15 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

You my friend will always leave in fear because 4 years from now, if this game is either released or still exists by then, you will still be wondering when the pirates will come back and kill everything! Have fun with your lifeless server and your friendly arranged pvp fights. As for me, I'm taking a break or gone following in the footsteps of 90% of my clan.

u2BTDk9.jpg

BTW Simon, the US and all your former US-new rats mates should do well to remember that moment you ran away from a battle at a most crucial time, totally screwing the US out of BR in a PB against the Brits. You and AN were shamed into being rats...fitting place, I'd suspect. Better luck in your other games, mate.
DF90BCR.jpg

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, van der Decken said:

You forget that is only one port battle and was the first time we got 25.  Why shouldn't we be able to get our highest numbers for our last main econ regions?  If it fell ya'll would of took San Jaun and Castrries in days.   We had to bring every thing we could.  ya'll still had 35+ at the port battle.  Those that did dual box where the guys that had dragged brits into a fight out side.  We didn't want them to bring any alts into the Port battle cause we had 25.   The most we had before that was 19 against 35+.  We aren't the ones that keep attacking every one.  That is the US doing that.   We have only been attacking regions we lost to US or Brit.  So why shouldn't we attack and try to get those back?  I'm sorry y'all sound like a bunch of scared kids. 

OH and that massive damage we suppose to take and don't,   STOP SHOOTING OUR SAILS.  While ya'll are shooting our sails we are shooting your water line and putting links into your ships.  That is why we can sink so many of you even when out number.  You don't even want to know how many times I gotten broad sides of chain too cause that is what ya'll had loaded up instead of shots by time we got into close ranged.   

STOP ATTACKING US AND WE WON"T ATTACK YOU.  Every action has a reaction.  US attacked kidds so we defended it.  Cap Frans and Barcaos was ports we took from france at the start.   We just want them back.  Little Harbor and most of Bahamas was Pirate regions from start.  Now they are US.  Look at the map and really tell me who is the one that is zerging the map?   It's for hell not the pirates.

Y'all keep poking the bear your going to get bit.  You play with fire your going to get burned.  Every time we did something in the past it was cause of something another nation did to us first.

And again unitl the DEVS GIVE US PIRATE MECHANICS WE ARE A NATION.....live with it.  Killing us all off isn't going to change that.  In fact if you leave us alone and let us get the little buffers we want we would move things to OW and PvP and leave other nations alone to fight each other.  The problem is ya'll just can't get the KILL ALL PIRATES OUT OF YOUR HEADS.  The trust seems to be lacking in ya'll.  You know one of the many nations that can't keep there own words and tend to kill other nations that aren't strong enough to fight back.   

So why is US attacking Danes now?  Why did they take the France Tex/LA ports?   To me it's not the pirates ya'll should have an issue, it's not us ya'll should fear. If it wasn't for us they would very much be turning on Dutch and British.   Maybe we should all just leave and let ya'll twiddle your thumbs and have you PvE server cause that is what your wanting.   Nothing will change cause than US will move on to one of the other nations taking them and all the regions.

Nice screen shot from 6 months ago, once again bring up past stuff cause you have no grounds right now. Maybe stop living in the past and live in the future man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, van der Decken said:

u2BTDk9.jpg

BTW Simon, the US and all your former US-new rats mates should do well to remember that moment you ran away from a battle at a most crucial time, totally screwing the US out of BR in a PB against the Brits. You and AN were shamed into being rats...fitting place, I'd suspect. Better luck in your other games, mate.
DF90BCR.jpg

And I hope you all sank in that battle. Bunch of cowards that only bring basic connies and trincs to a fight. I had it with their (US) lack of ambition, disorganization and all being a bunch of cowards. A lot of players went to switch ships before that battle. they left their 3rd rates, pavels and even a couple of 1st rates back in la tortue and other ports. every time the US brought 1st rates into a battle, if you look at the clan tag you would see it was always my old clan. Always. Who are you to call me anything?

Going pirate was the best thing I ever did in this game. It was a lot of fun sinking and humiliating the US countless times in all the battles that I participated (and it was most of them).

BTW is that when you went dutch or you ran away before all that? I never really paid attention to you so...

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You forget that is only one port battle and was the first time we got 25.  Why shouldn't we be able to get our highest numbers for our last main econ regions?  If it fell ya'll would of took San Jaun and Castrries in days.   We had to bring every thing we could.  ya'll still had 35+ at the port battle.  Those that did dual box where the guys that had dragged brits into a fight out side.  We didn't want them to bring any alts into the Port battle cause we had 25.   The most we had before that was 19 against 35+.  We aren't the ones that keep attacking every one.  That is the US doing that.   We have only been attacking regions we lost to US or Brit.  So why shouldn't we attack and try to get those back?  I'm sorry y'all sound like a bunch of scared kids. 

OH and that massive damage we suppose to take and don't,   STOP SHOOTING OUR SAILS.  While ya'll are shooting our sails we are shooting your water line and putting links into your ships.  That is why we can sink so many of you even when out number.  You don't even want to know how many times I gotten broad sides of chain too cause that is what ya'll had loaded up instead of shots by time we got into close ranged.   

STOP ATTACKING US AND WE WON"T ATTACK YOU.  Every action has a reaction.  US attacked kidds so we defended it.  Cap Frans and Barcaos was ports we took from france at the start.   We just want them back.  Little Harbor and most of Bahamas was Pirate regions from start.  Now they are US.  Look at the map and really tell me who is the one that is zerging the map?   It's for hell not the pirates.

Y'all keep poking the bear your going to get bit.  You play with fire your going to get burned.  Every time we did something in the past it was cause of something another nation did to us first.

And again unitl the DEVS GIVE US PIRATE MECHANICS WE ARE A NATION.....live with it.  Killing us all off isn't going to change that.  In fact if you leave us alone and let us get the little buffers we want we would move things to OW and PvP and leave other nations alone to fight each other.  The problem is ya'll just can't get the KILL ALL PIRATES OUT OF YOUR HEADS.  The trust seems to be lacking in ya'll.  You know one of the many nations that can't keep there own words and tend to kill other nations that aren't strong enough to fight back.   

So why is US attacking Danes now?  Why did they take the France Tex/LA ports?   To me it's not the pirates ya'll should have an issue, it's not us ya'll should fear. If it wasn't for us they would very much be turning on Dutch and British.   Maybe we should all just leave and let ya'll twiddle your thumbs and have you PvE server cause that is what your wanting.   Nothing will change cause than US will move on to one of the other nations taking them and all the regions.

Nice screen shot from 6 months ago, once again bring up past stuff cause you have no grounds right now. Maybe stop living in the past and live in the future man.

Because its a typical human behavior of a very scarred people who have no confidence whatsoever. Kill or destroy if there could be ANY potential danger. Its better to kill than worry. That suspense is what driving them

2 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

And I hope you all sank in that battle. Bunch of cowards that only bring basic connies and trincs to a fight. I had it with their (US) lack of ambition, disorganization and all being a bunch of cowards. A lot of players went to switch ships before that battle. they left their 3rd rates, pavels and even a couple of 1st rates back in la tortue and other ports. every time the US brought 1st rates into a battle, if you look at the clan tag you would see it was always my old clan. Always. Who are you to call me anything?

Going pirate was the best thing I ever did in this game. It was a lot of fun sinking and humiliating the US countless times in all the battles that I participated (and it was most of them).

BTW is that when you went dutch or you ran away before all that? I never really paid attention to you so...

6 hull 71 Sails hits?  Maybe the reason they lost is cause they weren't fighting.   You wouldn't of had BR even if they stayed by looking at that screen shot they where all ready out gunned.   If that is all the damage you have and brits look to not have much of any either and they had the bigger ships.   

Bridgetown Deep water Pirate VS Brit Port Battle.   12 Pirates vs 15 US/Brits (mostly Brits)

I want to say this was a very fun port battle.  We just was going to come to have some fun.  The numbers where close so we where like hell split us between C and B and lets just brawl it out in those circles.  Pirates ended up owning all three circles and made it to 1000 points with less than 10 mins on the clock.  I still think the battles should be 2 hours instead of 1.5 hours.   Than again it might of turned a totally different way cause many guys on both sides where really damages.  I was sinking at the end myself.

Until next time and maybe we can try to get one flipped before 10pm CST for an evening port battle around 8PM CST.   We really need to push on the Devs to get this fixed so we can have battles between 8-12 pm CST like we use to on the old flag system.

20170113043257_1.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

6 hull 71 Sails hits?  Maybe the reason they lost is cause they weren't fighting.   You wouldn't of had BR even if they stayed by looking at that screen shot they where all ready out gunned.   If that is all the damage you have and brits look to not have much of any either and they had the bigger ships.   

LOL brilliant of you to jest thinking that was a pic at the end of the battle. Some of us had just gotten into position. But Simon does make a point about cheap ships being used. Many of us could purchase only basics from NPC, as we were not only newbs of low rank, but also low crafting rank. It doesn't change the fact that they left before the fight even began screwing us out of 3 ppl and didn't even give us a chance. Nor does it show that this was during the months when the Brits and rats were allied hitting the US on both sides at the same time with multiple real and fake flags being bought at the same time.
And don't rag on bringing up the past when you are using the past as your reasoning for taking the ports you feel you deserve...from the past.
Your pic, was that really a PB or a screen outside the PB, because I didn't think fleet ships were allowed in PBs?

42 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

LOL brilliant of you to jest thinking that was a pic at the end of the battle. Some of us had just gotten into position. But Simon does make a point about cheap ships being used. Many of us could purchase only basics from NPC, as we were not only newbs of low rank, but also low crafting rank. It doesn't change the fact that they left before the fight even began screwing us out of 3 ppl and didn't even give us a chance. Nor does it show that this was during the months when the Brits and rats were allied hitting the US on both sides at the same time with multiple real and fake flags being bought at the same time.
And don't rag on bringing up the past when you are using the past as your reasoning for taking the ports you feel you deserve...from the past.
Your pic, was that really a PB or a screen outside the PB, because I didn't think fleet ships were allowed in PBs?

NEWBS?  The majority of the people on that list are Flag Captain, that is 650 crew. I'm sorry if your still a newb by that level no wonder ya'll loose so much.  Even the lowest racking guy Master (Fatty McChesse, man that screen is old) which is 250 crew and rank 6.  If you are over half way to max rank you are no longer able to use that excuse.  In fact at that time I was Master rank and I had some one make me a Suprise so I had something half decent.  I gather up all the mats and labor contracts and gave them it so they can craft since I was still low level crafter too.  Oh you mean back in June when Rats where getting back at US cause they took them down to one port?   Yah I remember those days, but I don't dwell upon them either.  Your clock on your computer does let us know it's 6/15/2016.....once again over 6 months ago stuff your talking about.  Move on man that is old stuff int he past from back when you were US and not even DUTCH.   I do remember while we where fighting the Brits the US pulling 5 flags in the Bahamas and maybe showing to two cuase they knew COM/ZILCH could hardly field a full team.  That and waiting until BLACK was in a port battle with the Brits.  So no one nation is inacent of the multi flag pull.  Well maybe Spain, but hay they never been a threat to any one.  Well not on this server.

We are talking about ports we had last month after the PATCH.  Not months ago.  There is a big difference in doing things since a new RvR system and all regions/ports was reset.  

As for the screen I just posted this morning.  Are you really that blind?  There are no AI/Fleets in that screen shot.  Those are the captured ships on both sides.  Just shows you really don't have a single clue about game mechanics when you can't even figure that one out.  

Here I'll attach the before things started screen shot of who was on what side.   

The other team actually did something smart and used some of the captured lightly damaged ships to jump into when thier own ships where damaged bad.

20170113031817_1.jpg

13 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Fleet ships in PB's are captured ships.

Capped ships always have the name of the captor and a number after them  - so ElricTheTwo Fleet 0, 1, etc.

I know he's been in a few PB, but when it's 35 vs 10 or something you don't really see much of that action.  Specially when we are talking about a care bear PvEr after all.  If the guy spent more time in game and learning and playing than worried about other nations he might actually have half a clue as to why they sink so easily when we fight them.  Remember we where out number with them having tons of forts at that Port Battle and we sunk over twice the numbers they sunk of us.  Hell Bundgie got sunk by the Forts not a player.  Yah we won't be sending some one to A on that map again lol.  That is why if you count there actual kills it's 3 not 4 cause the tower killed one of us.   And we have 10 kills as we did all the kills our self.  12 vs 15 and the lost was 4 vs 10.....ouch.   Though I think it would of been more on both sides if ran the last 5 mins off the clock.  Many of us including myself where in pretty bad shape.  As you can see from my screen shot I was 3/4 full of water.

Again good fight to the US and Brits that showed up.  We had a lot of fun and hoped they did too.  As far as we know it wasn't a major econ region for them and we have no problems with any one else fliping it for a fight.  Maybe if we can be left alone to run the agro up on a region we can get a decent port battle time.  Many of us don't log on till later and by time we spend 2 hours trying to flip a port it's past the last port timer stop point.  That is why we keep flipping them after reset cause one it gives a better number odds against them as clearly they have no problem still having more than we do and two cause by time we get back on in the eve the agro will be grounded down to zero and have to start over again.   Last we do have a bunch of SEA/AUS players that been wanting port battles in there time.  Like we use to do a lot with Loco back when he was active.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Bridgetown Deep water Pirate VS Brit Port Battle.   12 Pirates vs 15 US/Brits (mostly Brits)

I want to say this was a very fun port battle.  We just was going to come to have some fun.  The numbers where close so we where like hell split us between C and B and lets just brawl it out in those circles.  Pirates ended up owning all three circles and made it to 1000 points with less than 10 mins on the clock.  I still think the battles should be 2 hours instead of 1.5 hours.   Than again it might of turned a totally different way cause many guys on both sides where really damages.  I was sinking at the end myself.

Until next time and maybe we can try to get one flipped before 10pm CST for an evening port battle around 8PM CST.   We really need to push on the Devs to get this fixed so we can have battles between 8-12 pm CST like we use to on the old flag system.

20170113043257_1.jpg

this image shows 3 fleet ships

EDIT: oohh capped ships, didnt see that the brits capped ships````

Edited by van der Decken

Just now, van der Decken said:

this image shows 3 fleet ships

See Elricks post....they are captured ships not fleet ships.  IF you look at your own Port Battle picture you posted there are fleets in that one.  Cause back many moons ago you could bring fleets into a port battle (notice it's two cutters).  Than they stopped that when they stopped all fleets.  If you actually look at the port battle end roster it list about 4 guys getting captured and well even one of the captured ships got captured back (JD Shots I think used it cause his was sinking).  I think one more person did that too on our side and looks like Willis captured some back too.  I'm not sure as that was over in the B circle and I was fighting in C.  You will have to ask one of the guys that was fighting on that side what all happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

See Elricks post....they are captured ships not fleet ships.  IF you look at your own Port Battle picture you posted there are fleets in that one.  Cause back many moons ago you could bring fleets into a port battle (notice it's two cutters).  Than they stopped that when they stopped all fleets.  If you actually look at the port battle end roster it list about 4 guys getting captured and well even one of the captured ships got captured back (JD Shots I think used it cause his was sinking).  I think one more person did that too on our side and looks like Willis captured some back too.  I'm not sure as that was over in the B circle and I was fighting in C.  You will have to ask one of the guys that was fighting on that side what all happen.

You replied faster than I could EDIT :)

Edited by van der Decken

12 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Its not us bringing the past all the time.

All nations today's action against pirates solely based on the past. All your assumptions of our reasons behind today's actions is also based on history not present. You need to get yourself up to speed mate.
In regards ports that we are taking today it has nothing to do with who owned them in the past, but it has everything to do with what we need today.

Our past war BLACK vs CKA and NPG was based on making a statement. Statement was made. The war was over.
Today we are simply live our lives and moved on. We don't hate GB or US. Frankly we don't really care. As a nation we need basic means for our nation to function.
US and GB were told about our intentions. What they gonna do about it is their business. But should their anti-pirate alliance continue and should they continue bullying small nation including pirates, sooner or later they will get what they are keep asking for.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

20170113043257_1.jpg

tell them devs, flag system is the best! we could use some in real actions and some fake, it would be more interesting!  and the hostily system make the game like PVE server, all dane playes doesnt like.  the game wants to get back players need turns back ;)

3 hours ago, DekomoriDesu said:

tell them devs, flag system is the best! we could use some in real actions and some fake, it would be more interesting!  and the hostily system make the game like PVE server, all dane playes doesnt like.  the game wants to get back players need turns back ;)

Maybe a multiple gametypes? Have it randomly choose what type of battle it will be so that players will have to prepare and adjust to the situation on the spot.

4 hours ago, DekomoriDesu said:

The majority of people I know quit the game because of the flag system. Chasing down all the fake flags was in no way fun at all. I think they could bring flags back only if they are applied to one (maybe 2) region at a time. Use flags to capture the supporting regional ports; which in turn builds up hostility against the region's capital. Once the majority of ports in that region are captured, only then does it trigger the PB for the capital of that region.

• Like 1

I like the idea of flags being used to fight "mini port battles" but honestly the time window system was a complete and utter failure. It no doubt helped the defenders which was it's intention. but then a lot of nations at the time chose the quietest "dead" time zone and no one could take ports, or at least a nation without that timezone was pretty much doomed to never expand again.

the Hostility system is better, but it's only better when there are more players and that a "mission" to find enemy hostile players stays open....but being how difficult it is to actually find the swords in the open world, it's laughable to even attempt to lower hostility by hunting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

I like the idea of flags being used to fight "mini port battles" but honestly the time window system was a complete and utter failure. It no doubt helped the defenders which was it's intention. but then a lot of nations at the time chose the quietest "dead" time zone and no one could take ports, or at least a nation without that timezone was pretty much doomed to never expand again.

the Hostility system is better, but it's only better when there are more players and that a "mission" to find enemy hostile players stays open....but being how difficult it is to actually find the swords in the open world, it's laughable to even attempt to lower hostility by hunting.

I believe this is why we need some sort of alerting system in game that warns us of a certain port has hostility activity there. I believe all the NPC merchants and fleets would certainly notify the next port, being able to pass information of said activity. I don't want it to be an exact marker on the map, but rather a generalized area notification. Just pop up a notice saying, "Hostile action is being taken against [certain] Region in the vicinity of [certain] port." Would be neat if it popped up in a letter format image and was found in the menu system. But I guess, as is, we need to do is watch for it to update every 15 minutes :/

• Like 3