Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

28 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Battle for Pointe-a-Pitre, Grande-Terre Region
Dutch vs Sweden/Danes

The lone Dutchmen attempted to recapture Grande-Terre from the Swedes. However, seeing they had 20 Danes show with only 3 of themselves, and a screening fleet of rats, we realized there was no point going into a PB completely outnumbered. It would've been a different story if it was for defense. So, we decided to accept a screen from the rat [BLACK]Nyurtle and his fleet ships....twice. heh. Image is of the second one.
AdOib1J.jpg

Awww come on ya'll could of gone in and gave it a good fight.  We all ways show up with every one when out number and fight it.  Believe me many a times we just wanted to say screw it and not show cause we knew we where out numbers.  I was told ya'll had a good doze or more out side that just didn't enter.   Sounding more and more like Dutch numbers are very much close to pirates when they don't have an alliance and help from others.  

While we don't support any wars south action, we will continue to support the Danes and New Swedes with there actions and screen port battles.   Along with protection of the French if they are allowed to recover any more ports above Castries.  Though I would be honest to say if they where to ask to have Windward we would support that and only that south of Castires and only for the French.=

PS I'm not sure what fight it was in, but Nyurtle was doing a lot of bitching about the stupid "H" key when he was going into a board.  yah fat fingeers strick again as I had that happen and than disabled it from that key.   Others might want to change that key too before they end up doing the same.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

To be honest I wouldve gone in but nobody else was going to and then I just got caught in the screen battles. I only had my pre patch Inger so I was more than willing to lose a dura on that. And like I said in global good showing by the Danes to keep us from capping it.

Edited by Axel

12 minutes ago, chailang said:

It makes sense, but how is this port lost? 

Nono, Swedes won, we lost. I was meaning if we were defending, we would've shown up. But because we were attacking, there was no point in losing ships and officers. Plus, the PB was over while we were stuck in the second screening.

40 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

13 vs 23 just is no fun. As I said though, if it were for defense, we certainly would have shown.

And a tip of my cap -- perhaps along with a one fingered salute -- to the Pirate who tagged and screened out all but one of us until around 30 minutes in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

13 vs 23 just is no fun. As I said though, if it were for defense, we certainly would have shown.

Really?  Try 13 vs 35+ with three nations.  Kind see how it feels to be us when we are just trying to get regions we had taken from us.  Would be nice if the nation that took them would just fight alone without help since they still have been out numbering us in port battles. Hell none of us are planing these screen. It's just who ever is on and is bored go get you some PvP.   It's not like we get it any where else other than in shallows or around a few free ports. It gets kinda lonely and boreing out there at sea.  We just trying to show our love.....with hugs from our cannons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, van der Decken said:

It would not have been this situation at all if you were to get into alliance with Danes and Swedes. Danes would have North, Swedes North East, French South East and Dutch South. These territories have enough resources to share among 4 nations via 4 way circle alliance. Then, should have GB or US start bullying you, you would have had 2 nations to show up in your PBs, with pirates screening all over the map. But no, you decided that GB/US alliance wasn't enough to kill the server so you have joined them.
I bet US are laughing right now at how you are taking the heat off them and all of a sudden fighting THEIR war. Well done you!

You reap what you sow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

But in other news while the danes were in that pb sailing around in our diversion, hello Ponce PB. 

Again US gains while others loose.  And that is a US/Brit Alliance port battle.  Sure the Dutch can screen but it's not your PB.  I see it the same as when US attacked France.  They attack a weaker nation and than they don't return nothing.  They just get bigger and bigger.  Sooner or later they are going to run out of things to take and turn on the alliance.  

Basse-Terre Line Ship Port Battle - 11 Dutch vs 22 Swedes (5 Swedes 17 Danes).

All but one fort was taken out by the three mortar brigs.    There was several ships on the Dutch side that took hits from them too. Dutch took control of A from start.  B had a small group of Swede/Dane (3 including one fire ship) that held the Dutch off until they had to escape.  There was a good amount of fighting between C and A.   I'm not sure how many fire ships was brought on either side, but there was a lot of 1st rates with little to no mast by the end of the fight.   Swede/Danes won with 15-20 mins left on clock with 1000 cap points from control  of two circles, but most of them where from sinking Dutch ships.  Even with the out number Dutch put on a good fight until the end.  Liked the good sports man at the end.  We need to keep fights more like this.  Keep it up guys and yes I'll stop bringing green ships and I did make a ranks off that port battle.  Though my last part as you can see in the screen shot is the comments on the Dane side.

"Vive La France."

Basse-Terre PB.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

All but one fort was taken out by the three mortar brigs.    There was several ships on the Dutch side that took hits from them too. Dutch took control of A from start.  B had a small group of Swede/Dane (3 including one fire ship) that held the Dutch off until they had to escape.  There was a good amount of fighting between C and A.   I'm not sure how many fire ships was brought on either side, but there was a lot of 1st rates with little to no mast by the end of the fight.   Swede/Danes won with 15-20 mins left on clock with 1000 cap points from control  of two circles, but most of them where from sinking Dutch ships.  Even with the out number Dutch put on a good fight until the end.  Liked the good sports man at the end.  We need to keep fights more like this.  Keep it up guys and yes I'll stop bringing green ships and I did make a ranks off that port battle.  Though my last part as you can see in the screen shot is the comments on the Dane side.

"Vive La France."

Basse-Terre PB.jpg

Vive La France is the slogan of Denmark in May, has been inherited until now 

Many people do not know the meaning of the slogan:) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

"Vive La France."

Basse-Terre PB.jpg

Grats guys on knocking the bully alliance back.  Keep up the good work! ....next, sinking some US ships at Ponce! :)

If someone can bring the Swedes to the table to make an actual agreement without having Benny back out immediately please do. On that day there can be peace between the Antilles nations until then there cant really be any sort of working together. I personally would like to not be allied to the largest nations in the server but if we need to defend ports from numbers larger than ours and screeners we should be able to have one as an ally. Or are the Dutch not allowed an alliance except to Spain? I am all for an alliance between Sweden, France, the Dutch and maybe even the Danes but thats not possible from the players in the nations (not just Sweden) currently as I see it.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Axel said:

If someone can bring the Swedes to the table to make an actual agreement without having Benny back out immediately please do. On that day there can be peace between the Antilles nations until then there cant really be any sort of working together. I personally would like to not be allied to the largest nations in the server but if we need to defend ports from numbers larger than ours and screeners we should be able to have one as an ally. Or are the Dutch not allowed an alliance except to Spain? I am all for an alliance between Sweden, France, the Dutch and maybe even the Danes but thats not possible from the players in the nations (not just Sweden) currently as I see it.

Feel the French are getting worse end of the stick right now with this war for the Antilles. Going to be trying a few things to change that.

Edited by PolishMartyr

23 minutes ago, Axel said:

Ditto from another Dutch player.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

Feel the French are getting worse end of the stick right now with this war for the Antilles. Going to be trying a few things to change that.

Basically as long as you have 3 or 4 Swedish players deciding who is at war and where there will be battles, there is going to be chaos. The Dutch are trying to help the French.

• Like 2

Just now, Farrago said:

Basically as long as you have 3 or 4 Swedish players deciding who is at war and where there will be battles, there is going to be chaos. The Dutch are trying to help the French.

Never assumed a stable region. Too much of the Balkans. Going to see if the few reasonable Swedes such as RISE would be willing to go to France with compensation of course. Cause along with France RISE has suffered in Sweden for not agreeing to a few individuals within Sweden.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

Unless I am mistaken the French aren't really getting involved at all. I think mainly theyre just getting help from both of the sides. I could be mistaken however.

12 minutes ago, Axel said:

Unless I am mistaken the French aren't really getting involved at all. I think mainly theyre just getting help from both of the sides. I could be mistaken however.

That was my impression as well although I didn't know others besides the Dutch were helping them. I know that I have been personally avoiding raising any hostility in French waters.

13 minutes ago, Axel said:

That was my impression as well although I didn't know others besides the Dutch were helping them. I know that I have been personally avoiding raising any hostility in French waters.