Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

First off, I'm not even going to the meeting, HENCE my words, "I await what our diplos come back with."

Well that isn't a first, you have a habit of getting into politics and things you really shouldn't and than you don't even finish through.  You like to stir the pot a lot and than run when the going gets to deep for you.  Pretty much why you left US wasn't it?  Couldn't handle it so you ran off to another nation that was doing better and might listen to you.  You pretty much like another Badbenny.

Second, I went Dutch when Dutch had only 5 active PvPers. I didn't jump ship to a rat nation that already was outnumbering everyone at the time. Third, I repeat, I jumped to a nation that had only 5 active players. If you want to call that turncoat then sure, I'm a turncoat who left to help a small nation.

See Neds comment below.  Dutch had more then 5 players when yous witched, in fact we gave them a lot of those regions we took from Brits to help them rebuild and fight against the Danes. That was Dutch/Dane war and we where happy to let them play with each other just like now if others stay out of that Swede/Dane vs Dutch war seems very far numbers.    I stated UNKN switched over when we had Pirates pushed back out of Bahamas when we switched over.  In fact they where very low numbers at that time.  But you wouldn't know that cause you where hardly ever on and in fights back than. Didn't you take like a month or so off before you came back and than ran over to the Dutch side?  Many of the others that came over did so after the wars where pretty much over.  Cause they where tired of the politics in US and wanted to PvP not have care bear allainces.  Why we keep getting numbers.

Fourth, if you want everyone at war, then you have no care about diplomacy and shouldn't even care to join their talks.

Never said I want every one at war, but the two largest nation should be fighting each other and help out the little nations.  That isn't being done.  Last I checked US has never gave land back to any one.  We took US lands and gave Spain back so they could have 5 regions. We gave back the Bahamas, but US rushed and took it all (suppose to be only top half while we keep the south half).   US takes takes takes....they never give.  So who exactly is the one that is wanting war all the time?   Look at the map and see who owns almost all the ports?   We have stated exactly what ports we want for a buffer  and so we can do Econ, we don't want any more than that.  

Fifth, to add to that, if you want war, go Spanish, as they have no population and everyone chooses war with them.

Never said I wanted war, I was only giving you an example of what could happen if we went to a Nation since there is so much hate against Pirates.  Even if there was zero pirates in this game it won't change folks will hate those that have what they don't are they can't beat.  So pretty much since every one picks war with them it's the same as being a pirate pretty much but we can have an alliance.   Remember it was an example of what could happen.  It's not our intentions.  I don't see any of us planing to jump ships and if we did we talked about it as going Dane so they could have the morning hours  and we can have the eve hours.   Don't think you would want that with a bunch of the good PvPers covering all the time zones.

Sixth, if, as you say, all the good PvPers are leaving to go rat, then be proud that yall have created the necessity of the care bear alliance. By looks of screen shots, there are more lower rank players in nations than there are as rats, so your words ring true.

I didn't say all, once again putting words into folks mouth and only seeing what you want to see.  I said some and this was the reason many of us changed over.  That is not the same as all.  We are still getting folks switching over slowly now just like we did last time.  Again history repeats it self and eventually we will get the numbers back up again to be able to fight back against 35+ every port battles with 20-25 of our own.   Ya'll make us stronger by your own actions.  You run off  your players not us.   

Now...., just let the big boys talk, and no more throwing tantrums like the fat bully at the playground that no one wants to play with because every time they do, the fat retard bully always kicks them in the face and gives them bleeding wedgies because he doesn't care to remember his own strength. If the diplos want someone there, they will invite them, and you don't see me throwing a tantrum because I wasn't personally invited.

Now...., just let the big boys talk.....what are you like still in grade school or something?  Dude really you sound like some little kid that is throwing the fit cause we threaten your little care bear alliance and dots on the map.   Though I'll add this since your going to name calling instead of actual facts.  If you leave out one Nation or another and the DEVS have said that Pirates is a Nation than your not going to resolve anything.  Specially when that one nation is a big part of the game and well one of the few that actually help the small guys the most they can.  Even at the end of WWII when they had peace talk they included all involved even Germany and Japan.  Leaving one nation out is not how you be diplomatic about things.  Seems the only one having a Tantrum is you.   I really don't care about the meeting cause it won't work in it's current form.  Unless you put the differences aside and get together peacefully than nothing will ever get resolved.

4 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

I'm going to arrange a meeting and I'm not going to invite any of you guys...

But who will listen to you Simon?   LOL

Maybe I'm at a small advantage not carrying the baggage that everybody seems carry here from all Nations and all clans.  Anybody over six months on PvP US(2) seems have this extra load and bitterness. Sir Texas as you know I don't do "little circle jerk meetings", and I won't suffer fools gladly my time is way too important for that. I'm willing to help get the ball rolling and with an open mind. You are a Senior Player on this community and it needs your help. Even Simon bringing players across from PvP1 is great news...

Marrius has already stated he had to pick his battles just get the ball rolling. Correct me if I'm wrong but within the last two months gameplay from reports seems to have improved with better player numbers even though still small. The Port Battle timer is a real issue that needs solutions. Other items also...

Lets give Marrius some support at least. If it is a Circle Jerk I will be the first to leave. Lets see after the first meeting and his report.

Tell me I'm an idiot and I'll just get back in my box.

Norfolk nChance

45 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Maybe I'm at a small advantage not carrying the baggage that everybody seems carry here from all Nations and all clans.  Anybody over six months on PvP US(2) seems have this extra load and bitterness. Sir Texas as you know I don't do "little circle jerk meetings", and I won't suffer fools gladly my time is way too important for that. I'm willing to help get the ball rolling and with an open mind. You are a Senior Player on this community and it needs your help. Even Simon bringing players across from PvP1 is great news...

Marrius has already stated he had to pick his battles just get the ball rolling. Correct me if I'm wrong but within the last two months gameplay from reports seems to have improved with better player numbers even though still small. The Port Battle timer is a real issue that needs solutions. Other items also...

Lets give Marrius some support at least. If it is a Circle Jerk I will be the first to leave. Lets see after the first meeting and his report.

Tell me I'm an idiot and I'll just get back in my box.

Norfolk nChance

I think getting new faces involved in nation politics is a good thing. We have to many old folks that been holding onto things in the past. I actually don't hate any nations and could just as easily pick up playing one.  If it wasn't for the fact I'll loose some rare BP's and I like the concept and freedoms of playing Pirates (want to see the mechanics they come out with for sure).  I played Nationals and experienced all that, but I'm here to test things and can't test the Pirate stuff if I'm not pirate.  Hell after release I'll prob roll a national as my main and have a pirate on the side just to take breaks and have fun with.  That is how I did it on POTBS and was planing to do it here by having one server pirate and the other national.

With that to make things work folks need to put those old things in the past and come together and work together.  excluding one side or another is not going to do that and that there is part of your problem.  Those with that mind set.  They are the same one stuck in there old ways.  

Hell did any one ask the Danes if they want to come to that meeting?  Also BLACK isn't the only pirate clan, but we are the largest and most active.  So even we don't speak for all pirates.  Just like NPG and CKA doesn't talk for all US or Brits.  Though they have the majority of the vote.s  Well not so sure about NPG as not really sure what is going on with US and NPG/IGG Split thing.   Would be interesting to see how that roles out.  Might be a good thing NPG isn't the top clan any more.  Maybe Brits need the same with SMS and Elite and others taking the control of the Nation and it's politics.   CHANGE Is what the server needs without it it's just slowly passing away.   Some folks are prob happy with how things are right now, but they are all so the same folks that don't do well with change and will prob stop playing when they do any big wipes with new patches or release cause they will have to give up all there stuff and start over.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

....if we did we talked about it as going Dane so they could have the morning hours  and we can have the eve hours.   Don't think you would want that with a bunch of the good PvPers covering all the time zones.

Now...., just let the big boys talk.....what are you like still in grade school or something?  Dude really you sound like some little kid that is throwing the fit cause we threaten your little care bear alliance and dots on the map.   Though I'll add this since your going to name calling instead of actual facts.  If you leave out one Nation or another and the DEVS have said that Pirates is a Nation than your not going to resolve anything. 

Indeed, that would suck, but that can already be experienced now with your current "alliance" with the Danes. It's why we have had PBs at 6am EST and 10pm EST on the same day. But, with all the forum bitching about port timers, I suspect something is in the works to prevent such attacks out of time zones.

I didn't namecall, I used the word "like", and it wasn't aimed at you personally, but the pirate "nation" as a whole (could also be said of the Danes during the time they rolled all the little nations). Anyone who plays with them once, all of a sudden they go berserk on you. But, as much as we bicker all the time, I have great fun with you on here and in game. About leaving rats out (which they're not, I suspect), rats are not a full nation in a sense, no one can ally with you, nor can you make alliances with others...another reason to not have rats in diplo talks.
Also, if you want to talk about game mechanics (rats being a nation) then you also have to deal with alliances, even if they're ones you wish not to exist. I personally was glad to see Dutch leave the US/Brit alliance, as it allowed for the free-for-all PB and PvP events we were hoping for. But apparently, we're back in it.

7 hours ago, Neverdead Ned said:

You went Dutch after a very large group of people had already transferred and made gains.  You were late to the party and didn't really contribute much.  You made lots of empty promises about bringing "your guys" which never happened...I doubt they exist.  You arranged the previous diplo meetings and didn't even bother to show up...more empty promises.  You are nothing but a no show in game and out.

Secondly, this is PvP2 "player vs player" if you don't get it.  If you don't want to be kicked in the face by the fat bully, fight back or go to the PvE server.

Yes, I certainly was late to the party, and I was not able to get my US clanmates back to playing the game. BLMB stole them. :( As for diplo talks, the only talks I worked for was the initial prevention of crushing nations to one port, back in June, yet the US had a rogue clan who still wanted to crush Spain; also worked on a US/Dutch alliance before I left US; and this recent Antilles Treaty, that was halted by the actions of the rogue Swede clan. After that, I gave up and left it to the long time Dutch diplos to do their thing.

Wondering how a PvP1 nations meeting on a teamspeak turned into an argument on how PvP2 Pirates are not allowed on it? I'm confused how this works...unless PvP2 diplos were invited as well?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking as an independent player who just likes to enjoy PvP and Port battles whenever I get on.

It's ironic that the same folks who want to PvP and do Port battles created lines for others and tell them "do not cross, or we will obliterate you." Besides that, the port battles I've seen and heard about on PvP2 always seem to be relatively even, afaik one side was always outnumber by a little bit, I don't see anything wrong with this.

Heck, even when you're on the side that is outnumbered, there are so little Port Battles happening throughout the week that I'd rather go in the port battle and lose a ship and a port, then go into a port battle and absolutely nothing happen. I really don't care when  a nation or people decide to do a port battle, but if there is ever a port battle in the time frame that I get on to play, I absolutely want to be there and sink or get sunk.

I hesitate to ask if we can all agree on this? We should realize by now that we have nations that have different "Prime-times" and maybe the good thing to do here is fight a nation that has the same timezone as you, no matter whether you were friendly or enemies before....wouldn't that be more enjoyable that way?

Again, I log in, and this has been my more recent schedule

1. log in and see if a port battle is scheduled

2. if so, go to it at "that time." if not, ask if there are plans to increase hostility somewhere.

3. if nothing, then sail a bit to make an outpost or maybe find an area that "should" have people

4. after an hour or so if nothing happens I sign off

I literally only use labor hours to make contracts and I barely trade now (a side effect of having a lot of money and more ships I can shake a stick at I suppose). As a player now in the Dutch nation, I'm kinda saddened that they want to ally the Brits again, because overall the Brit players seem to be in the same timezone as most Dutch players. Aside from Badbenny and 2-3 other players in Sweden that seem to constantly want to harass the Dutch, the Danes and the main Chinese clan have stated they don't plan to go any further south than Leeward Island and all the folks in the Antilles want to help the French get their foot back on the ground sooooooo - where's the action?

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

where's the action?

Good question.  Look on the west side of the map and you'll have to agree that it comprises a pretty big area.  All those red and green dots and nothing else....it's a complete deadzone.  US carebears have been complaining that they can't even find any enemy AI trader ships to tag in OW as a result.  No PvP unless the Pirates generate it and the only PvE is coming from missions.  Now look at the east side of the map.  Do you see the red and green creeping east?  They have no choice as they have created a deadzone with their alliance behind them.  Now they attack the little guys rather than each other(what have the Danes done to the US?), not much of a challenge or sport in that but it's all about increasing the malignancy of that no wars/no fighting zone.  The Dutch and the Swedes have a pretty good thing going with ports being traded back and forth even if it is lobsided.  The Danes kinda even things out and make it interesting.  But the Dutch being insecure always go running back to GB or US for comfort because they just can't handle any thought of losing some territory.   Truth be told I think the US and GB are not only too scared to fight each other but they are lazy...they expect the Pirates to create all their PvP. or the hitch on to the Dutch/Swede war because they can't find anything else.   The Pirates are still seen to be a big threat and I guess they should be because even with low numbers, they have more skill and coordination than the other nations do however, I think that either the US or GB should be able to hold their own with some give and take in enjoyable PvP without depending on each other vs the Pirates.

The big question should be, can people change?  I feel that they are incapable of it with the majority just wanting a low risk big comfortable and boring alliance to keep them safe to go and run their nightly 152 missions.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

I'm going to arrange a meeting and I'm not going to invite any of you guys...

Fu...k Simon im still cracking up hahaha :D:D

On the matter, we dont need to be there on their meeting to understand what this is about. We dont need to be there to predict 2 or 3 possible resolutions.

I told PolishMartyr who initiated the meeting that he will not succeed getting everyone together and talk in civilized manner because GB and US leaders wont be there otherwise. Kudos to him for trying, but instead of giving up he made it to look like he changed his mind in some kind of anger because pirates were being... well pirates? Hmm ok. There are a lot better ways to save your face. One of them is being completely open of what you have achieved and what could not. The blame then would not been yours.

Small nations going there to discuss region balance, so they have means to survive as a nation. What you dont take into account that as far as the balance going you have nothing... I repeat nothing to bring to the table that would interest GB or US. They hold you by the balls, because YOU chose to.

So what the "big boys" might need from you? There are 2-3 people in each nation that still have their butts hurt so much they can barely sit straight. These people dont know what it means to lose with honor, win with dignity. They have never dueled us, they are not that great of fighters, they make their numbers to fight their hatred filled war of personal vendetta. So Small Nation Reps if you are not aware yet, the only thing that they might want from you is to unite all of you together against pirates. Thats what they want. They dont care about your regions. The only reason they took them of you is to bring them to the table... your own regions.... so you dont even discuss theirs. Does this not make you feel anoyed at all????

During your meeting whether you agree or not to their demands matters little. If you dont, there will be no balance because when did you see last time GB or US has given up anything for a better cause? If you agree to that then its the whole server on pirates again. You can hardly call this a balance. Great result of a meeting which had the server balance to discuss on its agenda.

What you all fail to understand is that either way it goes pirates will only grow stonger. BLACK specifically. Lots of people from your own nations have been fed up with your inability to grow some balls have moved or planning to move to pirates. Once again we getting good established players switching over to BLACK. Ever since loss of players after october patch our numbers keep raising, despite having no regions (we lose everyone of them it means nothing, we are pirates, we survive doing this shit while having breakfast).

What you will get for yourself due to your actions will make pirates hungry to kick your arses again. Im addressing this to GB/US+others who join them. This happens in circles time after time again and again. They just wont stop pushing us. Instead of growing some balls and finally understand what it means to stand up and fight for your nation no matter what, you keep trying to work with the jerks that started this whole drama in the first place. It just didnt go the way they wanted and they wont have any other way. They are the only people who gave empty promises such as we going to remove pirates from the server, destroy them, crash them etc etc. Never happen. In their view until this happens they cant sleep well. Remove them from power and voila! There will be balance again.

As of pirates, we will always prevail because we have balls to say no, fk off from our nation or we will fight until we kick your arse again. Its an honor to sail with captains from BLACK. I wont be able to have it any other way.

We say in BLACK, every few months some nations are getting together in a strong alliance to get their arses kicked by pirates, then they calm down and go back to their business until such desire rises again ;) 

Anyways, I'm off to more important things. Last weekend of school holidays. Taking kids to camping. Have fun everyone. Keep me posted. Just need to know who wants to be next in the line for their ass handed to them :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, koltes said:

Fu...k Simon im still cracking up hahaha :D:D

On the matter, we dont need to be there on their meeting to understand what this is about. We dont need to be there to predict 2 or 3 possible resolutions.

I told PolishMartyr who initiated the meeting that he will not succeed getting everyone together and talk in civilized manner because GB and US leaders wont be there otherwise. Kudos to him for trying, but instead of giving up he made it to look like he changed his mind in some kind of anger because pirates were being... well pirates? Hmm ok. There are a lot better ways to save your face. One of them is being completely open of what you have achieved and what could not. The blame then would not been yours.

Small nations going there to discuss region balance, so they have means to survive as a nation. What you dont take into account that as far as the balance going you have nothing... I repeat nothing to bring to the table that would interest GB or US. They hold you by the balls, because YOU chose to.

So what the "big boys" might need from you? There are 2-3 people in each nation that still have their butts hurt so much they can barely sit straight. These people dont know what it means to lose with honor, win with dignity. They have never dueled us, they are not that great of fighters, they make their numbers to fight their hatred filled war of personal vendetta. So Small Nation Reps if you are not aware yet, the only thing that they might want from you is to unite all of you together against pirates. Thats what they want. They dont care about your regions. The only reason they took them of you is to bring them to the table... your own regions.... so you dont even discuss theirs. Does this not make you feel anoyed at all????

During your meeting whether you agree or not to their demands matters little. If you dont, there will be no balance because when did you see last time GB or US has given up anything for a better cause? If you agree to that then its the whole server on pirates again. You can hardly call this a balance. Great result of a meeting which had the server balance to discuss on its agenda.

What you all fail to understand is that either way it goes pirates will only grow stonger. BLACK specifically. Lots of people from your own nations have been fed up with your inability to grow some balls have moved or planning to move to pirates. Once again we getting good established players switching over to BLACK. Ever since loss of players after october patch our numbers keep raising, despite having no regions (we lose everyone of them it means nothing, we are pirates, we survive doing this shit while having breakfast).

What you will get for yourself due to your actions will make pirates hungry to kick your arses again. Im addressing this to GB/US+others who join them. This happens in circles time after time again and again. They just wont stop pushing us. Instead of growing some balls and finally understand what it means to stand up and fight for your nation no matter what, you keep trying to work with the jerks that started this whole drama in the first place. It just didnt go the way they wanted and they wont have any other way. They are the only people who gave empty promises such as we going to remove pirates from the server, destroy them, crash them etc etc. Never happen. In their view until this happens they cant sleep well. Remove them from power and voila! There will be balance again.

As of pirates, we will always prevail because we have balls to say no, fk off from our nation or we will fight until we kick your arse again. Its an honor to sail with captains from BLACK. I wont be able to have it any other way.

We say in BLACK, every few months some nations are getting together in a strong alliance to get their arses kicked by pirates, then they calm down and go back to their business until such desire rises again ;) 

Anyways, I'm off to more important things. Last weekend of school holidays. Taking kids to camping. Have fun everyone. Keep me posted. Just need to know who wants to be next in the line for their ass handed to them :) 

Koltes, what are you doing?! We have to lay low and pretend we're not here... shhhhhhh. we almost have them fooled!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Koltes, what are you doing?! We have to lay low and pretend we're not here... shhhhhhh. we almost have them fooled!

It would not work :) We dont lay low, everybody knows that. If we would do that this shit would scare the hell out of them lol

Edited by koltes

Koltes, thanks for the feedback.

Still trying to work out who's who. Am a bit slow but am getting confused between gameplay mechanics here(pirates the much loved villains of the story). And your solution.

Should I not go to listen to this meeting? remember am new here so sorry for being dumb. Should ELITE just turn Pirate and cause hell for all? I think I can still fight BLACK but not sure how a port battle would work with both sides Pirate.

I would of course still offer my protection for Simon and Budgie through my backyard. Can't be too careful with those fluffy care bears about.

If I'm supposedly the person who will end up running this Server in the not too distant future. I thought choosing GB nation because that's the same nation as we (elite) use on the other servers. But it doesn't really matter which nation I am just as long as the end result is the same. Pirate just didn't cross my mind.

But again thank you for the feedback, and I do like the website fyi. You keep those ideas coming...

Norfolk nChance

5 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Still trying to work out who's who. Am a bit slow but am getting confused between gameplay mechanics here(pirates the much loved villains of the story). And your solution.

Should I not go to listen to this meeting? remember am new here so sorry for being dumb. Should ELITE just turn Pirate and cause hell for all? I think I can still fight BLACK but not sure how a port battle would work with both sides Pirate.

I would of course still offer my protection for Simon and Budgie through my backyard. Can't be too careful with those fluffy care bears about.

If I'm supposedly the person who will end up running this Server in the not too distant future. I thought choosing GB nation because that's the same nation as we (elite) use on the other servers. But it doesn't really matter which nation I am just as long as the end result is the same. Pirate just didn't cross my mind.

But again thank you for the feedback, and I do like the website fyi. You keep those ideas coming...

Norfolk nChance

Norfolk, of course we'd love to have you and your guys in the Pirates but we also like having you guys in GB.  You guys aren't afraid to come out and give it your all fighting us.  ELITE and SMS have been very fun and good people to PvP with.  If you find yourselves running short on ships, you have my offer to help.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neverdead Ned said:

Norfolk, of course we'd love to have you and your guys in the Pirates but we also like having you guys in GB.  You guys aren't afraid to come out and give it your all fighting us.  ELITE and SMS have been very fun and good people to PvP with.  If you find yourselves running short on ships, you have my offer to help.

This

18 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Norfolk nChance

Mate as far as ELITE concerns you should make your own choices. I dont really know whats up with you guys :D First days your clan appeared in pvp2 some of your people made quite an entry cursing BLACK in general and some individuals. We still dont really know who you are lol. But then your clan has calmed down and start being more civilized. No more smack talks in global or battles. Good. 

Seriously make a decision that suits you. If you stay in GB we will be good enemies for some healthy pvp shit. If you come pirates (I assume as separate clan) we will help you to transfer your shit over to ourside and help you with ships etc.

Make a call that suits we will pick up from there and play it by ear. 

Go to that meeting mate, for sure. See for yourself where you get your self into haha

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Wondering how a PvP1 nations meeting on a teamspeak turned into an argument on how PvP2 Pirates are not allowed on it? I'm confused how this works...unless PvP2 diplos were invited as well?

This had nothing to do with the PvP1 meeting. In fact I think this was brought up and started before that one was even posted.  Folks been talking about getting together and talking things out to help the server health for a while.   

I think if you improve the relation between nations and make it where more folks can fight each other than you will get more action.  Problem is your never going to get every one on the same table.

10 hours ago, koltes said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH KOLTES TALKS MORE THAN I DO......

I told you better bring your cell phone and the laptop and you better log it.....have fun and enjoy the time with the family.

9 hours ago, Neverdead Ned said:

And I say all the time when I hear, "We should recruit this or that guy to Pirates."   Well my view on that is, "Than who will we fight, they are the decent guys in that nation and come out and keep coming out and learning."   Sooner or later that baby Nat will be killing me in a battle cause he stuck to it and learned.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

Pounce 4th Rate Deep Water port battle:   25 Dans (4 Swedes)  vs 25 US (With a mix of Brits and Dutch.)

Wasn't there but chailang posted this.   Looks like they did a good job of getting there port back.  All ways good to see when it's more a brawl than just some folks capping out the circles.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/159151301105575485/97B1795D4900F82AE71CBA39A39920DDF78EB03D/

• Like 2