Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

4 minutes ago, Neverdead Ned said:

The trouble with offering incentives, especially redeemables, is that people will just move their alts in to take advantage of the free stuff and them transfer it back to their mains.

If you give a rookie a snow or 50,000 gold, it's a big deal, give it to a alt of a top player and the money is insignificant and the ship is just clutter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ElricTheTwo said:

If you give a rookie a snow or 50,000 gold, it's a big deal, give it to a alt of a top player and the money is insignificant and the ship is just clutter.

It is not a big enough carrot to entice people to stay.  Heck, we give new players any ship they need and start them off with a couple million gold....some take what we give them and we never see them again.    It needs to be some sort of perk which isn't transferable.  

The incentives/rewards I was referring to was for those who are in the nation at end of reset. Maybe they should be required to have been in the nation for at least a certain amount of weeks, or have to participate in a certain number of PvP or PBs. Seeing the valor system is being implemented finally, I don't see why these things wouldn't be held for player records.

10 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I love and have advocated for an end game reset. Maybe once one (or 2 or 3) nation is pushed to one region (or like they once mentioned allowing capital regions to be capturable and assimilating that nation into an alliance) that the game is reset. Each nation would then receive some sort of valor gifts and/or recognition to players in forms of badges or medals based on how many points they received during that time.
I could also see this being set to a time limit...so maybe every 4 months a reset or once 1-3 nations are captured, depending on which happens first.

That would never work  cause than bit care bear nations will just sit on the last port and not take it so the server won't reset and they will have all the pretty dots.   What it needs to be is a set time.  Every 2-3 months the server regions resets and we start all over again.  That way you can't just sit on ports and not win.  Do like PORTBS did and the winner gets like 3 points/credits towards an admiral shop thing.  The loosers get 1 and the guys in the middle get 2.  That way every one gets paid out and it forces the folks to fight over things..   They also need to give incentive to join those low pop nations. I would say do like POTBS lock out the top nation during that cycle to join.   Than give say a xp/credit boost to the low pop nations to help them grow.  POTBS didn't go off the pop but it went off the nations with less ports/points.  We would go out of our way to let certain nations be the bottom loosers and not others so they wouldn't get the boost, it was always Spain vs Brtits for the most part so we tried to give France the boost since they where the low pop nation so we would never take Brits down below France ports.

8 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Also the nation regional bonuses need to be in the home regions and possibly duplicated in other regions or maybe just a percentage change of the bonus like:
British Refit available in KPR region at the full amount then also available at say Windward Islands at minus 10 or 20% of the full refit bonus at KPR.

Capitals need to stay the way they are so they aren't the only place folks do stuff at, but I d o agree every one shoudl have one special regional zone, but it doesn't need to be the capital.  Like Pirates have kidds. It needs to kinda be there second home.  Maybe make the newbie capiital actually produce a regional bonus would work.  Personnnely I think all the regions in the Newbie zone should not be woned.  I think they would been better netrual with each nation having one or two extra ports so the newbies can craft stuff there.

8 hours ago, Neverdead Ned said:

The trouble with offering incentives, especially redeemables, is that people will just move their alts in to take advantage of the free stuff and then transfer it back to their mains.

Yah something small might work but shouldn't be anything big.  Startign gold should be something every one had, enough for your officer and a few other thigngs.   5K gold would of made a diffrence for new players but even makeing that 50K for small nations isn't going to game kill. I can make that with one mission  in my sleep.

On 2/5/2016 at 5:52 PM, migali said:

Verenigde Provinciën is allied with Denmark-Norge

Back in the day haha. oh TDF, OJ. True terrors of the seas. The nostalgia is real. But even back then France was getting messed up by all the german nations haha. 

18 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I could also see this being set to a time limit...so maybe every 4 months a reset or once 1-3 nations are captured, depending on which happens first.

17 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Perhaps, but maybe if there is some huge gift/reward incentive to a underpopulated nation for survival or most captured regions or something of the sort at reset might help.

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That would never work  cause than bit care bear nations will just sit on the last port and not take it so the server won't reset and they will have all the pretty dots.   What it needs to be is a set time.  Every 2-3 months the server regions resets and we start all over again.  That way you can't just sit on ports and not win.  Do like PORTBS did and the winner gets like 3 points/credits towards an admiral shop thing.  The loosers get 1 and the guys in the middle get 2.  That way every one gets paid out and it forces the folks to fight over things..  

that's what i mentioned, and also what i mentioned...

I agree, a port reset should happen on a time schedule almost like a sports season. If the Devs implement an admiralty points system, all admiralty points earned by a nation during a "season" could then be totaled to determine the season's "winner". Everything a player does that is productive should earn at least some of those points. That way traders, crafters, port battlers, PVE-ers, and PVP-ers will all have some role to play in a nation's victory or defeat. Individual prizes could be awarded to stand out players. Infractions and national players who are convicted in tribunal could result in a loss of some admiralty points as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farrago said:

I agree, a port reset should happen on a time schedule almost like a sports season. If the Devs implement an admiralty points system, all admiralty points earned by a nation during a "season" could then be totaled to determine the season's "winner". Everything a player does that is productive should earn at least some of those points. That way traders, crafters, port battlers, PVE-ers, and PVP-ers will all have some role to play in a nation's victory or defeat. Individual prizes could be awarded to stand out players. Infractions and national players who are convicted in tribunal could result in a loss of some admiralty points as well.

You should make it a suggestion on its own IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

I agree, a port reset should happen on a time schedule almost like a sports season. If the Devs implement an admiralty points system, all admiralty points earned by a nation during a "season" could then be totaled to determine the season's "winner". 

I like this concept and would like to see it flushed out a bit more. My concern is static alliances each season. There needs to be an incentive to occasionally break alliances otherwise the season winners would more than likely be repetitive.

24 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

I like this concept and would like to see it flushed out a bit more. My concern is static alliances each season. There needs to be an incentive to occasionally break alliances otherwise the season winners would more than likely be repetitive.

In a case like this, the number of players and regions for each nation would need to be balanced to make it competitive/fair.  Consider Denmark starting with 1 port versus Spain with 1,000 ports....not easy for the Danes to get materials versus Spain with them all    If each nation started with the same number of regions it would work.  Either 4-5 each and the rest neutral, or split the map into equal numbers of regions for each nation.

I don't think alliances would work in a case like this - the first two nations aligning would rule the map.

36 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

I've posted my suggestion now in the suggestions section. Please continue to discuss there. (Maybe the Devs actually look at that section.)

Actually I agree with Ned here. I think the Pirate nation should be included.

I thought the talks were to try to increase the player base on PvP US(2). Mixing up the game mechanic and the player community can be confusing at times, but I will admit the pirates are a significant part of our player community. But I am new to PvP US(2) and have a lot to learn still, correct me if wrong.

regards

Norfolk nChance

(elite-clan)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverdead Ned said:

I find it revealing that the Pirates haven't been included in the talks.

They would be invited and it was originally planned to have them there but a lot of people (not just GB since most of GB did not care if they came) would walk out if pirates attended, in particular clan BLACK. It is why I am stating political factions rather than just factions. It is a lot of he said, she said coming from people who are suppose to be adults over crap that happened months ago. Discussing pirates is off the table. Only topic that potentially will come up is the Castries and France which will be between you two. 

Patience is a virtue and I plan to play for the long haul. Once this initial meeting is over with I do plan to post results and what is planned for next months meeting which will be smaller and just have a few representatives for each faction including pirates hopefully. 

EDIT: just as I posted this Norfolk made a post and I want to state I agree with what he says. Just with this first meeting to get things kickstarted I had to pick my battles. I had previously talked to Koltes and Duncan when I was first working on this and got a summary of their goals. Most of the meetings subject will steer clear of purposefully blundering those goals.

Edited by PolishMartyr
  • Like 2

I believe invites were sent out. If you personally did not receive one, that itself is quite revealing. Or maybe the pirates were not invited, as diplomacy among nations does not include a group of deserters who choose not to fight as nationals, especially as the underpopulated nations. Only those deeply involved in these talks know who is and is not invited. I personally await our diplomats to reveal information about the talks in due time.

7 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

If you personally did not receive one, that itself is quite revealing. 

How so?  I am not an officer in my clan and there are much more established people in my nation quite capable of attending and conveying our concerns.  Even if I were asked, I would not attend as previous meetings have been absolute gong shows with factions incapable of staying on topic or strong personalities taking over the meetings with their own personal agendas.

44 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

I believe invites were sent out. If you personally did not receive one, that itself is quite revealing. Or maybe the pirates were not invited, as diplomacy among nations does not include a group of deserters who choose not to fight as nationals, especially as the underpopulated nations. Only those deeply involved in these talks know who is and is not invited. I personally await our diplomats to reveal information about the talks in due time.

It's ok if we were not invited. The meeting is about how to kill the pirates, so inviting pirates would be kind of awkward!

We usually send our diplomatic efforts attached to 42 lbs cannon balls from our 1st rates...

Edited by Simon Cadete
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Simon Cadete said:

It's ok if we were not invited. The meeting is about how to kill the pirates, so inviting pirates would be kind of awkward!

We usually send our diplomatic efforts attached to 42 lbs cannon balls from our 1st rates...

Indeed :)

1 hour ago, Simon Cadete said:

I generally send them with nooses and heavy tow ropes to haul your phat arses back to port ;) haha 

9 hours ago, van der Decken said:

And this is why the game or anything will never work.  Some folks have so much hate that they can't get it out of there head we are a NATION.  DEVS have said it a hundred times and we are pretty much the third/forth largest nation.  Actual player base we are third, but active players we are more like fourth right now and growing back into the third slot.   This mentality is why nothing will never get resolved specially when you have folks like Decken.   Sorry glad I wasn't invited to your little circle jerk.

In fact aren't you an ex US player that jumped ship to DUTCH?   Sounds like the only yellow belly traitors turncoats around here is you?   When UNKN left US we had Pirates in the Bahama pushed all the way back to Mayigunaa and Pitts so US wasn't hurting at the time.  We jumped cause of the Players and politics in US not cause Pirates was winning at the time. In fact they very much wasn't at that time.   They could of pushed us back to 11 ports even with out a few guys from unknown.  Many others that flipped did so after the Pirate/Brit war started and did so again not to get on the wining team but on the team that fights.  Ever wonder why it's mainly PvPers that switch over to pirates and not the PvEr's?  It cause fighting no one gets boring as fuck.   And we don't want stupid care bear alliances so we can't fight the other large nations.  So what do you do?  you switch to the side that every one is fighting.  Than next thing they find out they lost half there hard core PvPers and they begin to get rolled.....history repeats it self.  Just how many Dutch have ya'll lost that are hard core PvPers lately?  How many US Brits?   If I was you I would be very careful about what ya'll do soon.  Cause history does tend to repeat it self and if the PvPers keep coming over to Pirates we all know how that ended up last time.

Oh and some of the pirates like 7grams, Ducan, Loco and a few others where Pirates from day ones, so they never turned on any nations.  I just see myself more as a privateer than some one tied to one nation.  Think if they change the name to privateer it would prob have a lot less hate than it does now.  

9 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Actually I agree with Ned here. I think the Pirate nation should be included.

I thought the talks were to try to increase the player base on PvP US(2). Mixing up the game mechanic and the player community can be confusing at times, but I will admit the pirates are a significant part of our player community. But I am new to PvP US(2) and have a lot to learn still, correct me if wrong.

regards

Norfolk nChance

(elite-clan)

Cause the third largest nation per say every one hates.  I bet if we all re rolled they would leave that nation out too cause there are just some players that have such hate for one CLAN/NATION from the past and it's not even legit hate as it was all ways things down as a reaction to something they did first.   You don't see PvP1 leaving Pirates out in there little talks coming up. It's invited 3 people from each nation.....

9 hours ago, Marrius said:

They would be invited and it was originally planned to have them there but a lot of people (not just GB since most of GB did not care if they came) would walk out if pirates attended, in particular clan BLACK. It is why I am stating political factions rather than just factions. It is a lot of he said, she said coming from people who are suppose to be adults over crap that happened months ago. Discussing pirates is off the table. Only topic that potentially will come up is the Castries and France which will be between you two. 

Patience is a virtue and I plan to play for the long haul. Once this initial meeting is over with I do plan to post results and what is planned for next months meeting which will be smaller and just have a few representatives for each faction including pirates hopefully. 

EDIT: just as I posted this Norfolk made a post and I want to state I agree with what he says. Just with this first meeting to get things kickstarted I had to pick my battles. I had previously talked to Koltes and Duncan when I was first working on this and got a summary of their goals. Most of the meetings subject will steer clear of purposefully blundering those goals.

Hell I didn't even get an invite and I'm one of the officers.  Problem with only inviting Duncan and Koltes is one is a GM of his company and very busy and doesn't get on till late most the time and he's not even very big into politics.  He's more just the attack and kill type player.  The other is a NZ player so he's on SEA time and doesn't get on until very late unless he's on at work.   Hell I haven't even seen when the time this so called meeting is going to take place.

9 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

I'm going to bet 99% this is prob all they are going to end up doing and nothign will get resolved with the smaller nations any way.  Hell other than two smaller  clans Brits only ahve two guys talking on here and not a single use player has spoken up other than Decken....ops sorry forget he's Dutch....pretty much the same thing since they are mostly all ex-US players.  

35 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And this is why the game or anything will never work.  Some folks have so much hate that they can't get it out of there head we are a NATION.  DEVS have said it a hundred times and we are pretty much the third/forth largest nation.  Actual player base we are third, but active players we are more like fourth right now and growing back into the third slot.   This mentality is why nothing will never get resolved specially when you have folks like Decken.   Sorry glad I wasn't invited to your little circle jerk.

In fact aren't you an ex US player that jumped ship to DUTCH?  

First off, I'm not even going to the meeting, HENCE my words, "I await what our diplos come back with." Second, I went Dutch when Dutch had only 5 active PvPers. I didn't jump ship to a rat nation that already was outnumbering everyone at the time. Third, I repeat, I jumped to a nation that had only 5 active players. If you want to call that turncoat then sure, I'm a turncoat who left to help a small nation. Fourth, if you want everyone at war, then you have no care about diplomacy and shouldn't even care to join their talks. Fifth, to add to that, if you want war, go Spanish, as they have no population and everyone chooses war with them. Sixth, if, as you say, all the good PvPers are leaving to go rat, then be proud that yall have created the necessity of the carebare alliance. By looks of screen shots, there are more lower rank players in nations than there are as rats, so your words ring true.
Now...., just let the big boys talk, and no more throwing tantrums like the fat bully at the playground that no one wants to play with because every time they do, the fat retard bully always kicks them in the face and gives them bleeding wedgies because he doesn't care to remember his own strength. If the diplos want someone there, they will invite them, and you don't see me throwing a tantrum because I wasn't personally invited.

Edited by van der Decken

38 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

First off, I'm not even going to the meeting, HENCE my words, "I await what our diplos come back with." Second, I went Dutch when Dutch had only 5 active PvPers. I didn't jump ship to a rat nation that already was outnumbering everyone at the time. Third, I repeat, I jumped to a nation that had only 5 active players. If you want to call that turncoat then sure, I'm a turncoat who left to help a small nation. Fourth, if you want everyone at war, then you have no care about diplomacy and shouldn't even care to join their talks. Fifth, to add to that, if you want war, go Spanish, as they have no population and everyone chooses war with them. Sixth, if, as you say, all the good PvPers are leaving to go rat, then be proud that yall have created the necessity of the carebare alliance. By looks of screen shots, there are more lower rank players in nations than there are as rats, so your words ring true.
Now...., just let the big boys talk, and no more throwing tantrums like the fat bully at the playground that no one wants to play with because every time they do, the fat retard bully always kicks them in the face and gives them bleeding wedgies because he doesn't care to remember his own strength. If the diplos want someone there, they will invite them, and you don't see me throwing a tantrum because I wasn't personally invited.

You went Dutch after a very large group of people had already transferred and made gains.  You were late to the party and didn't really contribute much.  You made lots of empty promises about bringing "your guys" which never happened...I doubt they exist.  You arranged the previous diplo meetings and didn't even bother to show up...more empty promises.  You are nothing but a no show in game and out.

Secondly, this is PvP2 "player vs player" if you don't get it.  If you don't want to be kicked in the face by the fat bully, fight back or go to the PvE server.

• Like 1